Alright guys.. here are some quick hits from my live experience. I'll post the Raw ones in the Raw thread:
- The live experience is just so much better than watching it on television. You just get caught up in the drama and wrestling. Every time I go to a show I love it. You also have to give so much credit to the crew as you can see how much they do behind the scenes. Camera guys are directing people where to be, refs are helping send the message from the back, and the ring crew is ****ing amazing.
- Crowd was better than a lot of Pittsburgh crowds but we have 4 1/2 hours of wrestling due to them taping two shows. By the end, they were trying to go hard, but emotionally drained.
- Only huge negative was the top half of Consol was tarped. I have a picture of it on my phone and will post it tomorrow. It looked bad. Not the best turnout for crowd.
- Daniel Bryan steals the show every time he's on screen or in the ring. The crowd just goes nuts. They pop hard when his music hits and then they immediately scream yes/no whenever they can. He's so over.
- CM Punk delivered a great promo during Smackdown. He had the crowd in the palm of his hand and they just bought into it all. I don't know how it came across on TV, but the crowd had a good vibe during the promo.
- Kaitlyn is one of the few Divas that can get people to like her. She looks aggressive live and the crowd actually cheered for her. I couldn't believe it.
- Cena did a lot better than he did in Philly, eh? He was a good 50/50 split in the crowd. But no matter what you feel about him, you still get anxious to see what he's going to do. He just delivers differently than other wrestlers.
- Miz was starting to get face cheers instead of silence.
- A Ry did the dark match and was cheered hard. He has natural charisma.
- Huge Albert chants throughout the night. His character is starting to go back to A-Train. Even his slow methodical moves are changing to faster pace aggression.
- One major thing I notice live is that AJ and that other dude are taking away from Ziggler. He doesn't need them. He needs to be on his own.
- Sandow and Rhodes get good cheers that turn into boos (a good thing). They get a reaction every time. Crowd loves Sandow.
- PTP also are over somehow. People can't get enough of the dog bark.
Yeah Riley had a dark match Monday night before the Main Event taping. Got a fair amount of cheers. I was shocked to see him. Where has he been? Injured?
Glad you saw the same thing in Philly as we did. Riley is seriously over with the crowd and he doesn't even show up on television. He's just so natural. AND...a company that is hurting for faces could really use this guy. Great charisma/look.
Oh and by the by.... The Shield is seriously over. There is such a buzz when they come out. It's not like how I saw Nexus where the crowd is sort of waiting. As soon as The Shield hits, people are standing up and there is a significant buzz that you can almost feel.
There is such a believability factor to these three. Rollins is awesome and his timing on moves is impeccable. Ambrose is unique and I love how he moves about and uses his facial features. Surprisingly, Reigns is complementing the two with looking like the bad ass of the group showing off his strength. I love when he throws in a battle cry or tells the announcers to get away from "his" table.
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler is up next. Big E Langston distracted The Miz, allowing for Ziggler to hit his finisher and get the win. Miz takes the mic and tells AJ Lee that no matter which Superstar she ends up with on New Years, the night will end with a bang. Ziggler attacks him and they go at it until Langston comes in and lays out Miz.
They need to stop having the Shield come out sneak attacking guys. This can't go on for much longer before the guys backstage band together to take out the Shield and boom they'll lose every ounce of momentum that they had. This is exactly what happened with the Nexus. The Shield is going down a similar path.
Unless once some guys backstage do group together to try to topple The Shield, they bring in more guys from NXT like Bray Wyatt (when he's healthy), Corey Graves, etc.
The angle can be a hot angle to roll with through the summer.
The Shield is only a group of 3 right now. Nexus had like 7 members and they were dispatched quite easily once the guys backstage banded together. Point is, this never ends well, and it ends relatively quick.