Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-03-2012, 11:35 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 50
Honestly I cannot wait for the Jets season to start. Every week I get amped up for the Bomber games only to be disappointed time and time again. We were absolutely brutal once again tonight.

With the Jets, although there are many times of frustration, we have competent management and coaching, and I have faith that we will improve.

With the Bombers its just a joke. Once in a while we'll have a good game and then play like complete ****. The management has no clue what the hell its doing and the coaches are terrible. I'm really pissed off right now.

Old
08-04-2012, 12:40 AM
blueandgoldguy

vCash: 500
The night is darkest just before the dawn.

-Harvey Dent

Old
08-04-2012, 12:50 AM
TroubaFan1

Our starts to these games have just been killing us. Great effort by the D, but the O just took too long to get going again.

Old
08-04-2012, 12:42 PM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmaFan1 View Post
Our starts to these games have just been killing us. Great effort by the D, but the O just took too long to get going again.
Two major ******* ups by our D last night. Can't be doing that in a game.

Old
08-04-2012, 12:47 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
LaPo 4-12 in the last 16 games

CFL officiating makes watching games pointless

Simpson ran well but only had 7 carries proving our O-coordinator clueless

Why is Brink still starting?

Old
08-04-2012, 01:11 PM
manniaaron

thank god Alex is ok after that cheep shot at his head, and no call ? come on CFL

Old
08-04-2012, 04:08 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post

Who else is there? Elliot?

Old
08-04-2012, 05:08 PM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post

He earned another start. I was hoping he would be good enough to be our permanent starter, but it looks like Pierce will continue to start games and Brink (or Elliot) will be finishing them for the rest of the season.

I think Lapo will be gone after this season.

Old
08-04-2012, 08:03 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

vCash: 240
I was crying blue and gold man-tears after that game. Absolutely horrible game by the Bombers. D had some life and there were some good moments but it was brutal overall. Especially on O, outside of Chad Simpson and Watson.

There better be some big changes coming our way. I don't have an issue with LaPo to be honest...I do have an issue with some of the pieces he's given though, and I have a bigger issue with the management *** up so much this past year. I recently met Mr Buchko, and was personally not too impressed with the guy.

Our biggest problem on field, imo, is @ QB. We've had unstable QB-ing ever since Khari's days here. Its finally catching up to us, especially given the lofty expectations of not winning a championship in 21 years and counting (in, mostly during the time, an 8 team league)

Old
08-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Tdoe42

I have Little faith in Lapo...

He hasnt done much of anything since coming here. Success that we had last year was all because of the Defence and Tim Burke. This the CFL and he has a Background as an Off. Coordinator but for the last 3 years we have gone 2 more then any team I have ever seen and yeah we have average at best QB's but ud figure after this long that just moving the ball must be a priority.

Keep Brink in you cant blame that poor performance by the organization from top too bottom on him Let him get more games under his belt he has done a lot of good and some bad bad but I can accept that from a young QB.

This is a rebuilding season for the Bombers Ive said that before. Losing Brown and Labbate forced this but is a great chance for us too develop the QB of the future. At the same time we are revamping an Oline that was already the weakest Link last season so yeah for now it sucks but at least there is a plan.

Go Bombers!

Old
08-06-2012, 12:58 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

I fell asleep at half time and woke up with 48 seconds left in the game.
Then saw is get a td in garbage time to make it closer then it should have been

Old
08-06-2012, 01:26 PM
puck stoppa

When I met Obby Khan this year he told me that Lapo was a *********. He also felt like the only good coach on the squad is Tim Burke and without him we'd have no wins the last two seasons as offense and special have shown no progress in two years. Obby wasnt holding back how he felt about his former coach. He also said Doug Berry was his favorite coach.

Old
08-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck stoppa View Post
When I met Obby Khan this year he told me that Lapo was a *********. He also felt like the only good coach on the squad is Tim Burke and without him we'd have no wins the last two seasons as offense and special have shown no progress in two years. Obby wasnt holding back how he felt about his former coach. He also said Doug Berry was his favorite coach.
lol yup, Dorian Smith told me too my face that they hate Lapo... Thats not uncommon in football tho

Old
08-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=402891

Elliott in for next game on Thursday.

My guess is it will take exactly one quarter and the "We want Brink" chants will be out. That's nothing against Elliott, there have been constant "We want Elliott" chants the last couple of games, fans are too impatient. When you've assembled such a ****** team, nothing a QB can do.

LaPo and Mack need to go. Stupid idiots destroyed the team. This is ALL on their heads. Give the team to Burke.

Old
08-11-2012, 04:46 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Good move starting elliott
Brink has shown me very little as a starting qb

Old
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
I've always been a big Elliott fan, but I really think Brink should've got the call vs. Hamilton, albeit with a very short leash. He hasn't been very good, but there have been problems everywhere on both sides of the ball. This move really strikes me as a last-ditch effort to try and spark the Bombers.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=402891

Elliott in for next game on Thursday.

My guess is it will take exactly one quarter and the "We want Brink" chants will be out. That's nothing against Elliott, there have been constant "We want Elliott" chants the last couple of games, fans are too impatient. When you've assembled such a ****** team, nothing a QB can do.

LaPo and Mack need to go. Stupid idiots destroyed the team. This is ALL on their heads. Give the team to Burke.
Really?? It seems like the crowd has been pretty patient with Brink considering what he has brought to the table so far. Most of his production has been in garbage time. And that Toronto game was brutal, bad OL or not.

NOw I'm not giving up on him. I think he has the potential to be at least an average starting CFl quarterback, but I son't mind the coaches trying Elliott out for a game or 2 to see how he handles the playcalling. Some think he is a better leader and commands the huddle moreso than Brink.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:05 PM
blueandgoldguy

We need to be running the ball 40-50% of the time early on against Hamilton. Hamilton's defense surrendered over 200 yards rushing against Calgary a few days back. Simpson definitely has what it takes to pull off some big runs based on the limited action he has seen to this point in the season.

But will Crowton's pass-happy offense switch things up next Thursday? Let's hope so.

Old
08-12-2012, 06:33 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Really?? It seems like the crowd has been pretty patient with Brink considering what he has brought to the table so far. Most of his production has been in garbage time. And that Toronto game was brutal, bad OL or not.

NOw I'm not giving up on him. I think he has the potential to be at least an average starting CFl quarterback, but I son't mind the coaches trying Elliott out for a game or 2 to see how he handles the playcalling. Some think he is a better leader and commands the huddle moreso than Brink.
All of 3 games into his CFL starting career with a terrible terrible OL AND team around him. There was chants for Elliott in the first half of the Edmonton home game. All of less than 1.5 games into his CFL starting career (only one I was at, can't comment on the rest). Yeah, real patient. Toronto was his first career start.

Doesn't matter. Like I said, it will not matter if Tom ****ing Brady was back there right now with the way the whole team is dysfunctional, we have no chance. Mack and LaPo (mostly Mack, IMO) have completely sunk this team. In a league that it takes all of 1 off-season to go from last to first, we are now in year 3 of a "rebuild" that fluked out a season last year, according to some. Simply unacceptable.

Old
08-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Mack certainly could have done better but I think people are too result-oriented in their judgement sometimes. He made the right call letting Carr go. LaBatte left for reasons beyond money. Brown had to retire sometime, Khan too. Lobendahn simply had too many injuries tithe point he was never going to be the same again (cut by CGY). The Willis trade I really didn't like though. His drafting appears somewhat questionable too but I'll hold off on that for a year or two.

Besides taking back the Willis trade, IMO there really wasn't a lot Mack could have done to fix what has us at 1-5. We've still got some pretty kick ass peices to build around.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:04 AM
ducky

Overall I like what Mack is doing. The OL is a disaster though and hard to understand our NOT drafting OL early in the last couple drafts. Still shaking my head about Ettienne.

Injuries have decimated the defense. As players get healthy I think that will turn around.

Hard to argue that LaPo is doing a good job. The team seems under prepared on a weekly basis.

Old
08-12-2012, 11:27 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

So for anyone that thinks the bombers are ****ed up (which includes me)

The Argos cut Cory Boyd

Old
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
Overall I like what Mack is doing. The OL is a disaster though and hard to understand our NOT drafting OL early in the last couple drafts. Still shaking my head about Ettienne.

Injuries have decimated the defense. As players get healthy I think that will turn around.

Hard to argue that LaPo is doing a good job. The team seems under prepared on a weekly basis.
Yeah, Etienne will not pan out. Meanwhile Ianuzzi (drafted after Etienne, but was ranked ahead of him) is having a breakout year in BC.

Old
08-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
OT, but here are the current stadium construction photos...

http://www.bluebombers.com/photo_gal...allery/id/8279

Hard to believe that the coming game against Hamilton was at one time preliminarily scheduled to be played at the above location.

Old
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Thanks for those pics Gumper
That place still looks miles away from being done

Closed Thread