Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
As inept as he seemed to be, I never agree with sacking a coach in the middle of a cfl season. It's just so short. That's alot of change.

I'm not too choked up, because it needed to happen. I was more pissed about Dave Ritchie.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:28 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
As inept as he seemed to be, I never agree with sacking a coach in the middle of a cfl season. It's just so short. That's alot of change.

I'm not too choked up, because it needed to happen. I was more pissed about Dave Ritchie.
If the GM thinks the talent is there and a play-off spot can still be won what was he supposed to do. Looking at some of the actions by the new coach and the reaction by most of the players a change is exactly what the team needed.

In the last loss by the LaPo coached Bombers clock management at the end of the game again became an issue. We had seen this through the entire tenure of LaPo's head coaching career. Uncertainty isn't exactly a valuable trait of a head football coach.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Lapolice has had brutal play calling for most of his tenure as the bombers coach. Joe Mack has done really nothing but negative things to this team
The labatte nom signing, that whole johnson fiasco.

Now i can see why jovon was pissed, after this latest labatte story
This! How many times last year before he got injured did we see Fred Reid run up the middle for a 1-2 yard gain? It was so predictable and accomplished nothing other than leaving us in a big hole on 2nd down.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:36 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
This! How many times last year before he got injured did we see Fred Reid run up the middle for a 1-2 yard gain? It was so predictable and accomplished nothing other than leaving us in a big hole on 2nd down.
Well for a long time the offensive plays were so predictable that the guys pounding beer in the upper bowl knew what was gonna happen before it did. I'm looking at you, guys in the Roberts and brown jerseys

Old
08-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Tdoe42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
I think the blame is a 3-way split between Mack, LaPo, and Labatte himself for not standing up for himself.
For sure! They are all to blame

Old
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
On the basis of his win/loss record as a head coach zero games into his tenure? Are you all Rider fans or do you just support the bombers after they win games?
I support the Bombers no matter what. I feel (and have since last off-season) that the best move is to get rid of Mack. He is completely destroying the team, he has screwed us completely up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diatidialga View Post
I think the blame is a 3-way split between Mack, LaPo, and Labatte himself for not standing up for himself.
Agreed. But when a pattern emerges as it has, with so many screw ups from management, it's hard to not to shift a bunch of blame of them. Between the crap with Carr, Labatte, Johnson, Hefney, the stupid cuts of Kent, Smith, the stupid forcing useless Labbe to start due to ratio, the dumb drafting, the failure to go out and acquire players, Mack has completely dropped the ball as GM and needs to go.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I support the Bombers no matter what. I feel (and have since last off-season) that the best move is to get rid of Mack. He is completely destroying the team, he has screwed us completely up.

Im still behind Mack... I understand all the moves he has made and think they are with the Long term in mind.

Old
08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Im still behind Mack... I understand all the moves he has made and think they are with the Long term in mind.
There is NO long term in the CFL. Quite simply, it takes one year to build a team...then one year and it can be destroyed. There is such a large turnover with the shortness of careers, the NFL losses, the random breakouts, etc. It's not like the NHL where you build your foundation and it stays for a long time, year after year you have to build your team. It DOES NOT take 3 years to build a team in the CFL, it just doesn't. Mack has a 16-28 record at GM, that's the fact. It is quite simply, UNACCEPTABLE.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
On the basis of his win/loss record as a head coach zero games into his tenure? Are you all Rider fans or do you just support the bombers after they win games?
I don't know what you are trying to imply.

Mack isn't the head coach with zero games into his tenure. That's Tim Burke.

Mack's the GM.

Old
08-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
There is NO long term in the CFL. Quite simply, it takes one year to build a team...then one year and it can be destroyed. There is such a large turnover with the shortness of careers, the NFL losses, the random breakouts, etc. It's not like the NHL where you build your foundation and it stays for a long time, year after year you have to build your team. It DOES NOT take 3 years to build a team in the CFL, it just doesn't. Mack has a 16-28 record at GM, that's the fact. It is quite simply, UNACCEPTABLE.
American players yeah but not Canadians. We drafted all our Cdn players and that takes time. If you know a better way to replace a legend let us know!! The American talent we have is Top Notch so Mack has done good.

Old
08-30-2012, 12:20 AM
manniaaron

what about drafting Jade E over Iannuzi, IMHO BC took us to lunch with that one

Old
08-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
American players yeah but not Canadians. We drafted all our Cdn players and that takes time. If you know a better way to replace a legend let us know!! The American talent we have is Top Notch so Mack has done good.
Top notch talent does not make for 2-6 records...

Old
08-30-2012, 07:09 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Or 5-13 since last LDC

Old
08-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Or 5-13 since last LDC
Aren't you a Roughriders fan?

Sorry, but I just have a hard time believing that you actually give a **** about the Blue Bombers.

Old
08-30-2012, 08:28 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Aren't you a Roughriders fan?

Sorry, but I just have a hard time believing that you actually give a **** about the Blue Bombers.
I sure am. But the only two teams I follow in the CFL are the Riders and the Bombers. The only time I go against the Bombers are LDC and BB...otherwise I dont mind seeing the Bombers do well and like to see them win.......even though I dont mind your skid.........as it is going hand in hand with ours which leads to much less smack talk this year

Old
08-30-2012, 08:51 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Who lives in winnipeg and is a rider fan?
Thats like living in Montreal and being a Leafs fan

Old
08-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Like Joe Mack Said we should be better then our record!! He is Right!!

Old
08-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
I sure am. But the only two teams I follow in the CFL are the Riders and the Bombers. The only time I go against the Bombers are LDC and BB...otherwise I dont mind seeing the Bombers do well and like to see them win.......even though I dont mind your skid.........as it is going hand in hand with ours which leads to much less smack talk this year
Haha My brother moved too Boissevain and now I bug him about being a Rider Fan just too piss him off!!

Old
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
tacogeoff

Quote:
Haha My brother moved too Boissevain and now I bug him about being a Rider Fan just too piss him off!!
Lol. Ya it is a pretty good split out here between bombers/riders fans. Should be a spirited LDC out here ! Wish there was a good sports bar down here though. Sucks driving to Brandon to enjoy a good rowdy atmosphere.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:22 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

Quote:
Like Joe Mack Said we should be better then our record!! He is Right!!
More like with the talent we have our record is correct.

Mack isnt going to cut his own throat by saying "yes we should be 2-6"

Old
08-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
More like with the talent we have our record is correct.

Mack isnt going to cut his own throat by saying "yes we should be 2-6"
Name a Position where we dont have adequate talent??... They are all CDN positions and those are the hardiest to fill

Old
08-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Quote:
Name a Position where we dont have adequate talent??... They are all CDN positions and those are the hardiest to fill
Fact of the matter is, regardless of their amount of talent, they are not performing to their capacity of that talent, clearly. This needs to change in order for them to be successful. Otherwise, it's the status quo for us.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Fact of the matter is, regardless of their amount of talent, they are not performing to their capacity of that talent, clearly. This needs to change in order for them to be successful. Otherwise, it's the status quo for us.
Thats why we Fired Lapo!! He wasn't a good Head Coach just tried to do too much. Im Excited for the Tim Burke era already seems like its more structured with more accountability!

Old
08-30-2012, 09:44 AM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Well good news, it has changed. New coach with a new attitude towards professionalism, discipline, and accountability. And players willing to take that on board.

This should translate to more wins in the win column, and hopefully less pizza eating contests on Shaw TV.

Old
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

Quote:
O line for one

And mack ****ed that up with labatte

Closed Thread