HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Winnipeg Blue Bombers/CFL Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2012, 10:03 PM
  #76
El Troubadour
Registered User
 
El Troubadour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Swaggerville, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 68
vCash: 484
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/03/2...llis-to-riders

Odell only has one year leftt on his contract and he aparrently already asked for a release to try out for the NFL.

Thanks for the free picks Saskabush

El Troubadour is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 10:36 PM
  #77
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell
 
JustGivingEr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,300
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
I wish the bombers could win a cup
me too

JustGivingEr is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 08:40 AM
  #78
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets Swag View Post
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2012/03/2...llis-to-riders

Odell only has one year leftt on his contract and he aparrently already asked for a release to try out for the NFL.

Thanks for the free picks Saskabush
We totally robbed them, thats for sure

Diatidialga is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 08:51 AM
  #79
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
Odell was a good player for us for sure, but losing him in no way is the end of the world.

He was good at the pass rush, but not good on stopping the run. He also had a 2 cent brain as he couldn't control his offsides. That part is mental in my opinion.

Plus, you add in the fact that by what you can piece together from reports and actions by players (JJ at the Grey Cup), it sounds like Odell was a crappy teammate as well.

Considering the fact that getting a quality import D lineman should not be impossible (along with import WR's and RB's), I don't know why this is the end of the world.

In the hockey world, Willis would be a guy getting a decent amount of goals, but no assists, goes offside every shift, can't pk, can't pp, and is terrible in the locker room. Why are we sweating it?

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 09:10 AM
  #80
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Sorry, should I have said allowed to get to free agency? Whatever, they lost him. Sure ok, one player decided he wanted to move on. Fine it happens.

AND HE WASN'T BENCHED THE ENTIRE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR! Seriously does no one remember how he had like 11 sacks in 11 games, kinda went cold for a couple then was out for a game or two. It wasn't till he return at like game 14-15 that he was rotating BECAUSE HE WAS STILL HURT. Urgh. He was never very good at playing the run, no problem. Neither was Philip Hunt or Cam Wake. Certain guys have certain jobs. He was a dynamic player that will be very much so missed.

And what about Carr? Do you buy the "offer expires as soon as you hang up the phone crap"? Any agent that can be taken that easily would be fired ON THE SPOT. Why did the Bombers not re-sign anybody except Pierce before Feb 15. Did not even TALK to Ormasionwu's agent to find out what he is looking for. This is unprofessional and frankly stupid the way the organzation is being run right now.
Ugh, Holden. Come on man, you're better than this.

Odell Willis wants to try the NFL and has one year left on his deal. He also doesn't fit what Tim Burke is looking for from a pass rusher, both as a player and as a fit in the locker room. If he doesn't fit Burke's mold, who are we to doubt Burke? The guy has only been to 3 consecutive Grey Cups after all.

I like Odell Willis. I like him as a player and I liked him as a "face" for our franchise. He's an enthusiastic guy, but he's also tough to handle in the locker room. I know that it's not something that's widely published so a lot of people here may not be aware of it but Odell Willis is bi-polar. Some of the things he says and does are just not productive to a team environment and even as "The Mayor of Swaggerville", he rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way last year.

There's no doubt he's a valuable asset but the likelihood that he was going to come to camp without incident was low in Winnipeg. We have Jason Vega and Kenny Mainor (6th and 7th in the league in sacks last year, fyi) who are both ready to contribute and there's also another guy that we got a short look at last year who is going to be an absolute terror for us.

Back in March 2010, I got a chance to speak to one of our scouts at the time who was telling me about Phillip Hunt. At the time, Phillip Hunt was coming off a partial season where he joined the defensive rotation at the mid-way point and got 3 sacks the rest of the way. Wasn't a guy many people had taken notice of, but our scouts did and one of them told me "just you wait, if this kid shows up healthy, he's going to lead the league in sacks."

2010 season rolls around and what happens? Little known Phillip Hunt blows up and absolutely dominated the league. Fast forward to 2012. Last season, we had a guy named Rodney Fritz join our team and get into the rotation for the stretch run. Not a guy many people noticed, but he's actually the one that forced Odell to the sidelines (injuries not withstanding, because they WERE a factor) and forced his way into the lineup. Fritz played 3 or 4 games for us last year, including the East Final and the Grey Cup and racked up 3 sacks in those games. I spoke to the same scout about a month ago and he told me that Fritz has the potential and skill to be just as good as Odell or any other rusher the Bombers have had lately.

So, with that being said, it sucks to lose Odell Willis but the mistake people are making is that they're treating this like their friend got traded. Yeah, Odell is a name and a face that we all loved during his time here. He was a popular player. He also had issues and he only has 1 year left on a deal that he wanted out of in the first place. He wasn't going to be happy here as a part time player, which is all he was going to be until he improved his ability to defend the run.

In return, what did we get? The 8th overall pick and the 23rd overall pick plus a conditional next year. In WHAT universe is that not an OUTSTANDING return for an American? A first rounder and a third rounder is amazing for any American. If you look at it, that's essentially a similar return to what Edmonton got for RICKY RAY. I know the deal is being spun as a 2nd and a 4th but let's be real here, the 8th pick is a first rounder and the 23rd pick is a third rounder in any draft where picks weren't forfeited.

Canadians should know by now that you don't win without Canadians that can contribute value to your team. We lost Labatte ( ) to some unfortunate luck and Doug Brown retired. Donny O is gone too, which I don't really care about, because he isn't the type of player we need at DT but we need to recoup these assets somehow.

The simple fact, after all my ranting, is that no one should EVER be disappointed when you trade Americans (except for defensive backs and quarterbacks) for Canadians. ESPECIALLY when you get Canadians in the form of high picks.

It's a great trade once you get past the emotion. Period.

Jet Bomber is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 09:24 AM
  #81
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
Ugh, Holden. Come on man, you're better than this.

Odell Willis wants to try the NFL and has one year left on his deal. He also doesn't fit what Tim Burke is looking for from a pass rusher, both as a player and as a fit in the locker room. If he doesn't fit Burke's mold, who are we to doubt Burke? The guy has only been to 3 consecutive Grey Cups after all.

I like Odell Willis. I like him as a player and I liked him as a "face" for our franchise. He's an enthusiastic guy, but he's also tough to handle in the locker room. I know that it's not something that's widely published so a lot of people here may not be aware of it but Odell Willis is bi-polar. Some of the things he says and does are just not productive to a team environment and even as "The Mayor of Swaggerville", he rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way last year.

There's no doubt he's a valuable asset but the likelihood that he was going to come to camp without incident was low in Winnipeg. We have Jason Vega and Kenny Mainor (6th and 7th in the league in sacks last year, fyi) who are both ready to contribute and there's also another guy that we got a short look at last year who is going to be an absolute terror for us.

Back in March 2010, I got a chance to speak to one of our scouts at the time who was telling me about Phillip Hunt. At the time, Phillip Hunt was coming off a partial season where he joined the defensive rotation at the mid-way point and got 3 sacks the rest of the way. Wasn't a guy many people had taken notice of, but our scouts did and one of them told me "just you wait, if this kid shows up healthy, he's going to lead the league in sacks."

2010 season rolls around and what happens? Little known Phillip Hunt blows up and absolutely dominated the league. Fast forward to 2012. Last season, we had a guy named Rodney Fritz join our team and get into the rotation for the stretch run. Not a guy many people noticed, but he's actually the one that forced Odell to the sidelines (injuries not withstanding, because they WERE a factor) and forced his way into the lineup. Fritz played 3 or 4 games for us last year, including the East Final and the Grey Cup and racked up 3 sacks in those games. I spoke to the same scout about a month ago and he told me that Fritz has the potential and skill to be just as good as Odell or any other rusher the Bombers have had lately.

So, with that being said, it sucks to lose Odell Willis but the mistake people are making is that they're treating this like their friend got traded. Yeah, Odell is a name and a face that we all loved during his time here. He was a popular player. He also had issues and he only has 1 year left on a deal that he wanted out of in the first place. He wasn't going to be happy here as a part time player, which is all he was going to be until he improved his ability to defend the run.

In return, what did we get? The 8th overall pick and the 23rd overall pick plus a conditional next year. In WHAT universe is that not an OUTSTANDING return for an American? A first rounder and a third rounder is amazing for any American. If you look at it, that's essentially a similar return to what Edmonton got for RICKY RAY. I know the deal is being spun as a 2nd and a 4th but let's be real here, the 8th pick is a first rounder and the 23rd pick is a third rounder in any draft where picks weren't forfeited.

Canadians should know by now that you don't win without Canadians that can contribute value to your team. We lost Labatte ( ) to some unfortunate luck and Doug Brown retired. Donny O is gone too, which I don't really care about, because he isn't the type of player we need at DT but we need to recoup these assets somehow.

The simple fact, after all my ranting, is that no one should EVER be disappointed when you trade Americans (except for defensive backs and quarterbacks) for Canadians. ESPECIALLY when you get Canadians in the form of high picks.

It's a great trade once you get past the emotion. Period.
10/10 Post

Tdoe42 is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 09:27 AM
  #82
Huffer
Registered User
 
Huffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,293
vCash: 50
I agree with you 100% JetBomber.

Huffer is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
  #83
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
Ugh, Holden. Come on man, you're better than this.

Odell Willis wants to try the NFL and has one year left on his deal. He also doesn't fit what Tim Burke is looking for from a pass rusher, both as a player and as a fit in the locker room. If he doesn't fit Burke's mold, who are we to doubt Burke? The guy has only been to 3 consecutive Grey Cups after all.

I like Odell Willis. I like him as a player and I liked him as a "face" for our franchise. He's an enthusiastic guy, but he's also tough to handle in the locker room. I know that it's not something that's widely published so a lot of people here may not be aware of it but Odell Willis is bi-polar. Some of the things he says and does are just not productive to a team environment and even as "The Mayor of Swaggerville", he rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way last year.

There's no doubt he's a valuable asset but the likelihood that he was going to come to camp without incident was low in Winnipeg. We have Jason Vega and Kenny Mainor (6th and 7th in the league in sacks last year, fyi) who are both ready to contribute and there's also another guy that we got a short look at last year who is going to be an absolute terror for us.

Back in March 2010, I got a chance to speak to one of our scouts at the time who was telling me about Phillip Hunt. At the time, Phillip Hunt was coming off a partial season where he joined the defensive rotation at the mid-way point and got 3 sacks the rest of the way. Wasn't a guy many people had taken notice of, but our scouts did and one of them told me "just you wait, if this kid shows up healthy, he's going to lead the league in sacks."

2010 season rolls around and what happens? Little known Phillip Hunt blows up and absolutely dominated the league. Fast forward to 2012. Last season, we had a guy named Rodney Fritz join our team and get into the rotation for the stretch run. Not a guy many people noticed, but he's actually the one that forced Odell to the sidelines (injuries not withstanding, because they WERE a factor) and forced his way into the lineup. Fritz played 3 or 4 games for us last year, including the East Final and the Grey Cup and racked up 3 sacks in those games. I spoke to the same scout about a month ago and he told me that Fritz has the potential and skill to be just as good as Odell or any other rusher the Bombers have had lately.

So, with that being said, it sucks to lose Odell Willis but the mistake people are making is that they're treating this like their friend got traded. Yeah, Odell is a name and a face that we all loved during his time here. He was a popular player. He also had issues and he only has 1 year left on a deal that he wanted out of in the first place. He wasn't going to be happy here as a part time player, which is all he was going to be until he improved his ability to defend the run.

In return, what did we get? The 8th overall pick and the 23rd overall pick plus a conditional next year. In WHAT universe is that not an OUTSTANDING return for an American? A first rounder and a third rounder is amazing for any American. If you look at it, that's essentially a similar return to what Edmonton got for RICKY RAY. I know the deal is being spun as a 2nd and a 4th but let's be real here, the 8th pick is a first rounder and the 23rd pick is a third rounder in any draft where picks weren't forfeited.

Canadians should know by now that you don't win without Canadians that can contribute value to your team. We lost Labatte ( ) to some unfortunate luck and Doug Brown retired. Donny O is gone too, which I don't really care about, because he isn't the type of player we need at DT but we need to recoup these assets somehow.

The simple fact, after all my ranting, is that no one should EVER be disappointed when you trade Americans (except for defensive backs and quarterbacks) for Canadians. ESPECIALLY when you get Canadians in the form of high picks.

It's a great trade once you get past the emotion. Period.
You have NO idea what you're talking about.. Now that my trollmask is off.. I have to say, freaking excellent post, sir.. I hope Odell takes swaggerville with him, but again, 10/10 post... /golfclap

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
  #84
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,886
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
Ugh, Holden. Come on man, you're better than this.
...

It's a great trade once you get past the emotion. Period.
Not gonna lie and say this isn't a big part of it of it yesterday. Does it not seem to so bad today, yes. I am a happy about it though, still no.

I have no doubt what you are saying about Odell is true. I have no doubt about the fact that he could rub some guys the wrong way. But I still think that a player think like brings an identity to a defense. Guys like him and Hefney (again this a huge concern of mine that Hefney is the next out since he is cut from the same cloth) may rub guys the wrong way, but the sheer emotion they bring cannot always be replaced, even if there is talent there to replace them.

I get that there is only one year left on his deal and he wanted to try NFL. Honestly, I don't care. CFL is a fluid league with players coming and going. This team should be in win now mode. We have cut (or lost) high paid players in Fred Reid, Brendon Labatte, Odell Willis, Doug Brown and not added any salary. Not saying salary is everything, but you'd think we would had stupid amount of money to toss around.

Vega and Mainor look to be decent options. Let's just remember that both got most of those sacks while being the second option, while Brown and Willis were getting all of the attention. Especially without Brown to draw double and triple teams now, it's going to up the pressure on everybody on that DL. Now without Willis as well that just ups the pressure on these guys again. Fritz is another intriguing option as well, no doubt.

Your not going to convince at the current moment that trading for 8th overall pick is good move for a team that should be looking to compete for the grey cup. The last 12 8th overall picks are K/P Brody McKnight, OL Kristian Matte, S Eric Fraser, WR Sam Giguere, WR Adam Nicolson, OL Cedric Gagne-Marcoux, OL Nick Kaczur, DL Alain Kashama, DT Randy Spencer, DE Jon Oosterhuis, G Leif Thoreson, DB Shawn Gallant. You've got what, 1 starter (Gagne-Marcoux), 2 NFL guys (Kaczur, Giguere), 3 decent role players (Nicolson, Oosterhuis, Gallant), 3 still prospects (McKnight, Matte, Fraser) and 3 complete busts (Spencer, Thoreson, Kashama). Does not fill will a sense of confidence.

__________________


Holden Caulfield is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 12:24 PM
  #85
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/
 
Jet Bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 771
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Your not going to convince at the current moment that trading for 8th overall pick is good move for a team that should be looking to compete for the grey cup. The last 12 8th overall picks are K/P Brody McKnight, OL Kristian Matte, S Eric Fraser, WR Sam Giguere, WR Adam Nicolson, OL Cedric Gagne-Marcoux, OL Nick Kaczur, DL Alain Kashama, DT Randy Spencer, DE Jon Oosterhuis, G Leif Thoreson, DB Shawn Gallant. You've got what, 1 starter (Gagne-Marcoux), 2 NFL guys (Kaczur, Giguere), 3 decent role players (Nicolson, Oosterhuis, Gallant), 3 still prospects (McKnight, Matte, Fraser) and 3 complete busts (Spencer, Thoreson, Kashama). Does not fill will a sense of confidence.
That's still not the right way to look at it. That's saying that you're not impressed because OTHER teams and other management groups have made a mistake at that pick.

We had the 9th overall pick a couple years ago, Mack drafted Cory Watson. Would you trade Cory Watson for an American all-star DE at this point? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Without reaching TOO far (I won't go out of the second round) because you can't predict the development of guys who exceed their expectations, here are guys you COULD have had with an 8th overall pick since 2006.

Cedric Gagne-Marcoux (8th overall, 2006)
Peter Dyakowski (11th overall, 2006)
Jon Cornish (13th overall, 2006)
Greg Wojt (11th overall, 2008)
Andrew Woodruff (12th overall, 2008)
Gord Hinse (11th overall, 2009)
Ryan Hinds (13th overall, 2009)
Cory Watson (9th overall, 2010)
Shawn Gore (10th overall, 2010)
Junior Turner (9th overall, 2011)
Craig Butler (12th overall, 2011)

Then you throw in an additional 23rd overall pick (could net you a guy like Dom Picard, Jeff Perrett, etc) and the potential for ANOTHER 3rd rounder in 2013?

You have to trust the scouts, but why wouldn't you with the draft results they've had to date? Another thing to keep in mind: this is considered the strongest CFL Draft in years.

Jet Bomber is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 12:49 PM
  #86
Ulf Hullberg
Registered User
 
Ulf Hullberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 208
vCash: 500
Despite all the other negative facts about OW, the most important one is...
the "mayor of swag" asked Mack for his release on several occasions since the GC.

Why??...because he wants to go south!...and with only 1 year left on his contract - you do the smart thing and deal him now! You definitely don't bring a malcontent with a history of voicing his opinion to TC.

Add-in young guns like Fritz, Mainor, Vega, Turner, Kashama and Carroll to run the DL, makes obtaining an additional 2 picks within the top 23 (for Willis) certainly provides even more options for Mack come draft day.

Ulf Hullberg is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  #87
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Blue Bombers President Garth Buchko to address Winnipeg media @ 2pm today.

I would lay any amount of cash down that the Bombers will be at Canad Inn Stadium until at least Banjo bowl... maybe even the whole season.

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 02:02 PM
  #88
Samcanadian
Registered User
 
Samcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 54
I think we have to stop making such a big deal of Greg Carr leaving. The Bombers have always had a decent receiving corps, and we've got a couple young guys with better work ethic/speed than Carr ever did/had.

He's replaceable. Don't worry.

Samcanadian is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
  #89
s1g
Registered User
 
s1g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Bomber View Post
I like Odell Willis. I like him as a player and I liked him as a "face" for our franchise. He's an enthusiastic guy, but he's also tough to handle in the locker room. I know that it's not something that's widely published so a lot of people here may not be aware of it but Odell Willis is bi-polar. Some of the things he says and does are just not productive to a team environment and even as "The Mayor of Swaggerville", he rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way last year.
Agreed. Without giving away too much, Willis made my job a tad bit harder than it needed to be in 2010.

And I completely agree with you about Fritz. Look at how Mack has stacked this team with talent. Our friggin 3rd string RB was able to come in and do a better job than Fred Reid last season. Mack's confidence in Fritz made Willis expendable. Even if he didn't express his aspirations of wanting to try out for the NFL, I think Willis was on his way out for the reasons you stated above.

s1g is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 05:33 PM
  #90
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
We had no problem replacing Hunt last year. I trust in Mack.

puck stoppa is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
  #91
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,794
vCash: 50
I already won a few friendly bets on this.
I'd say the whole season at this point.

Question is what they do with all the STHs who paid for the new stadium...reimburse the cash or keep it to apply to future seasons?
How about everyone who bought tickets specifically to be in a new stadium?
Its going to be a nightmare figuring that all out this spring.

All wouldn't be an issue if the Bombers management was honest with STHs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Blue Bombers President Garth Buchko to address Winnipeg media @ 2pm today.

I would lay any amount of cash down that the Bombers will be at Canad Inn Stadium until at least Banjo bowl... maybe even the whole season.

mzappa is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
  #92
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Jovon johnson tweeted this will be his last year in winnipeg

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 08:53 AM
  #93
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Jovon johnson tweeted this will be his last year in winnipeg
Thats fine when his head fits his shoulders again he will be back... If he doesn't repeat or top what he did last season he wont be going too the NFL

Tdoe42 is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 10:03 AM
  #94
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,148
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Thats fine when his head fits his shoulders again he will be back... If he doesn't repeat or top what he did last season he wont be going too the NFL
Even if he repeats he wont go to the nfl
He isnt good enough
I can see him going to another cfl team though

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 01:02 PM
  #95
CTS
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Is Winnipeg becoming a place that no one wants to be in?

I don't follow the CFL near as close as the Jets, Last summer was the best i ever followed the bombers but I am worried about this season...am I overreacting?

CTS is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 03:56 PM
  #96
ATHF
Go Jets Go!
 
ATHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 825
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I see your IT Crowd .gif and raise you....

This is how I've looked at least once a week this off-season as the Bombers seem to be losing half the team to get little of substance in return...



On the plus side, at least something in this thread made me laugh. LOVE that show...


Last edited by ATHF: 03-25-2012 at 04:03 PM.
ATHF is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 05:34 PM
  #97
Peter Tagli Eddie
All 3 of them?
 
Peter Tagli Eddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 424
vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets Swag View Post
GREAT trade for the blue. Losing Big Doug brown was a killer for us and getting this pick will really help our Canadian content.

Odell was good, no question about it, but how many guys did we have on the dline switching in and out? A **** load.

this is one that looks bad now but will be considered genious in a couple months trust me. When we had Taman as our GM he loved these recyleled players cause he never scouted. Guaranteed we find 2 more minimun guys who are as good as Odell this year in TC, american DE's area dime a dozen.
Thank you.... I agree 1000x.

Anyone who follows CFL knows you never trade Imports for non-imports.

Peter Tagli Eddie is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 08:51 PM
  #98
Jet
Moderator
Drop the danged puck
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,278
vCash: 50
Was just at the uni for the WSA Winnipeg soccer game.

It will take a miracle for us to see a game in the new stadium this year.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
  #99
True North 11
Registered User
 
True North 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 69
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Was just at the uni for the WSA Winnipeg soccer game.

It will take a miracle for us to see a game in the new stadium this year.
100% agreed

I drive by the stadium almost everyday when I go to school. There is absolutely 0 chance of it being ready for July 24 (or whatever the date is for the opener) because the it is no where close to being done

True North 11 is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 05:22 PM
  #100
Diatidialga
Registered User
 
Diatidialga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,040
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Was just at the uni for the WSA Winnipeg soccer game.

It will take a miracle for us to see a game in the new stadium this year.
Yep.

They really have done a terrible job building it on time. "High Winds" is no excuse to be nowhere never completion when it should be done in 3 months.

But hey, construction workers are paid by the hour

Diatidialga is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.