HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Rick Nash Part IV: All Nash talk/proposals/etc. here

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Stoll a 2nd line C? Awful idea...
a) said 2nd or 3rd

b) don't see stoll play much? better than vermette or brass

Old
36kap36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafTroll View Post
Straight up for Kadri, remember you heard it here first.
You're wrong. Remember that you heard it here first, because you will have to hear it so many more times.

People, realize that Howson is going to ask way more than anyone will be willing to pay. Nash will not be traded anytime soon unless some GM really loves Nash and is willing to give up an arm and a leg to get him. Now, honestly, how many teams would value Nash THAT much? The only way it would happen would be if a GM thinks he is the finishing piece to a Cup-contending team. Nash will stay in Columbus for quite some time to come, and he will eventually prove to be worth every penny of that contract...I hope.

Old
WornWithPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
If you are a season ticket holder, it certainly is your money. You are paying to watch a team 41 games a season, thus giving your hard earned dollars to your team. You hope they spend yours, and everyone else who pays to watch the team/for merchandise, wisely.

That's like saying your governments spending isn't your money, there have been revolutions based on taxes...
Haha, a leafs fan sure would know about wasting money

Old
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of Glory View Post
Why would the Rangers not want Nash because they are on a roll? They have been a dominant team for about 5 months. The Sharks have been a dominant team for about 5 years. Just because the current team is playing well does not mean that you pass up a slam-dunk opportunity to get significantly better. I can understand why Boston, or San Jose, or Vancouver would be hesitant to make a deal like this. They don't have a specific need for Nash. He would be a luxury, especially for the Sharks and Canucks, both of whom already possess top-flight left wings. But the Rangers or Kings would be downright lunatics if they passed up on him. Nash is a picture perfect fit for New York, or even LA. Prospects and draft picks are insanely over-valued on this site. It's one thing for a mediocre team to not want to deal their top prospects for a quick fix. It's a whole another story when you have legitimate contenders (like the Rangers and Kings) that have a glaring need for a player of Nash's caliber at the position Nash plays.

Nash is not going to be dealt at the deadline unless LA or the Rangers are willing to pay the steep price. They are the only two teams that have both the dire need for Nash and the assets to acquire him without breaking apart their established core. I am willing to bet that Columbus waits until the offseason, when teams like Detroit, San Jose, Boston, Philadelphia, or Vancouver will be able to shuffle their roster to potentially make room for Nash. And if the Rangers and Kings want to let their current teams have a go in the playoffs before deciding whether they want Nash, they can do that too.
The Rangers aren't going to pay that price, not while we are doing so well. It's too big of a risk. We need more scoring, but we don't need Nash at 7.8 mil per year.

We will find a rental somewhere who can chip in a few goals, or stand pat, and re-assess next summer. Ideally, Kreider would be able to fill the LW hole next year. If he can put up 15-20 goals as a rookie, that would be just fine. If he's not ready, we can look at free agency or trades, or stick with what we have until he is ready.

We shouldn't be looking for the big splash. We have cap flexibility finally. Through 55 games, we are the best team in the league. Improve in small increments rather than try to go for the big guns.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:10 PM
WornWithPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The Rangers aren't going to pay that price, not while we are doing so well. It's too big of a risk. We need more scoring, but we don't need Nash at 7.8 mil per year.

We will find a rental somewhere who can chip in a few goals, or stand pat, and re-assess next summer. Ideally, Kreider would be able to fill the LW hole next year. If he can put up 15-20 goals as a rookie, that would be just fine. If he's not ready, we can look at free agency or trades, or stick with what we have until he is ready.

We shouldn't be looking for the big splash. We have cap flexibility finally. Through 55 games, we are the best team in the league. Improve in small increments rather than try to go for the big guns.
Bang on

Old
02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
The Velvet Hammer

i think it is a real possibility that carter and nash are packaged, because they are struggling, to land better pieces.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPride View Post
They are looking for first and foremost a first line forward. Chris Stewart doesn't fit that role on a cup contender.
Apparently, the teams on Nash's list are cup contenders. I doubt a cup contender would be willing to part with a first line forward heading into the playoffs.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:13 PM
WornWithPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
i think it is a real possibility that carter and nash are packaged, because they are struggling, to land better pieces.
Wow and how much would that cost?

Old
02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
pspot

Quote:
If Cls can't move Carter then you don't discount Nash to do so. thats just stupid

If its the case then you wait and see if things change in the off season or keep them and hope the team turns it around next year. Winning solves everything.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
a) said 2nd or 3rd

b) don't see stoll play much? better than vermette or brass
No....just no.

Old
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Boston just lost Peverley for an undisclosed period and Horton's status is also unknown. Add in Savard's money and you can see why Boston's interest might just have gone up a notch.

Again, did we learn anything new or get confirmation of the five teams or is it still just a TSN guess?

Old
Pens1566

Quote:
They are looking for first and foremost a first line forward. Chris Stewart doesn't fit that role on a cup contender.
Which wouldn't be a problem since he'd be going to Columbus.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I think Nash is going to be traded to a team where he'd be arguably their best player (best forward at least) and thus they could accommodate and justify his salary. If a team like Philadelphia acquires him, what happens when Giroux becomes an RFA and asks for as much (or maybe more) than Nash? It sets a bad precedent IMO.

I think Nashville could be a serious bidder if they really believe they're going to lose Weber and Suter.
I think Nashville could become a serious bidder to ensure they DON'T lose Suter and Weber.

Budget is cap next season, and while the number is still huge to tie up 7 each for Rinne\Suter\Weber and almost 8 for Nash...there are a few guys you could move out to add some breathing room. Kostitsyn(3-3.5), Hornqvist (3.1) or even Fisher(4.2)

Old
CBGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Love it when people complain about how much money he is getting. It isn't your money.
Tell that to the Kings fans who have sat in the front row of the 300's for 25 bucks a game who just got a bill for 60 bucks a game for next season

Old
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Please Boston stay away from Nash!

5th Highest Cap Hit (any position) in the NHL & he's only hit 70 Points 1 time in 8 NHL seasons.

This guy is massively overpaid!
Why should I read this on every page of this 3000+ posts topic?!!! Nash's points total and cap heat were discussed on these boards a thousands times over the last 3 years and a hundred times in here.
Who cares that the Jackets made playoffs with Manny Malhotra as Nash's center or that Voracek missed about 20 open nets last season alone after Nash's passes? Who cares that Nash is a goal scorer who's never had anyone around to get points for assists? But they care to bring his points total on every page.
Is there any way to avoid that endless festivity of "do you know his cap heat and his points?" Everyone who comes to the thread suppose to know it! It's like posting that sky is blue and grass is green.

Old
backofthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaluvsthekings View Post
So are you implying a

Bernier
Voynov
Forbort
Stoll
Penner
1st

for

Nash move?
Maybe the Kings should add Tafolli, Hickey and a couple of 2nds as well?

I am of the opinion that
Bernier
Johnson
Penner
1st

for

Nash is plenty. And acceptable.

If I was C-Bus I would want Voynov instead of JJ, but whatever.

And that is it. Simple, if C-Bus says no, move on.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:20 PM
WornWithPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Which wouldn't be a problem since he'd be going to Columbus.
Build for the future. GM would hope CBJ would become a cup contender. And that wouldnt happen with Stewart as a first line power winger... unless he develops even more...

Old
02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by backofthenet View Post
Maybe the Kings should add Tafolli, Hickey and a couple of 2nds as well?

I am of the opinion that
Bernier
Johnson
Penner
1st

for

Nash is plenty. And acceptable.

If I was C-Bus I would want Voynov instead of JJ, but whatever.

And that is it. Simple, if C-Bus says no, move on.
JJ doesnt want to go to Columbus. Voynov would be wanted more bc hes more of a prospect. JJ supposedly signed his contract bc he would have been traded to CBJ if he didnt.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Asheru

Quote:
Love it when people complain about how much money he is getting. It isn't your money.
The salary cap says hi. Every team has to deal with it.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:24 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Wow and how much would that cost?
considering that they combined have 13mil in salary and on 60points combined...

good roster D - schenn/gunnarson/komi(means we add a little extra)
Good roster F - macarthur/bozak/
blue chip/solid nhl ready Prospect - kadri/colborne/holzer/blacker
1st or 2nd - depending on other assets offered.

i think a fair offer to be;

nash
carter

for

komi (dump)
schenn (leads D in hits)
bozak (1.5mil 2years, 35 pts, 45gp)
Holzer (NHL ready D prospect, highly touted) defensive d-man
Kardi or colborne (jacket choice)
1st 2014

and maybe another deal like;

mason

for

Reimer
4th

Old
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
It's not the Salary it's the Cap Hit. It will handcuff the team from signing/re-signing other players.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Nick the Viking

Quote:

nash
carter

for

komi (dump)
schenn (leads D in hits)
1st 2014
that's insane. You want two first-line players for that???

Schenn is arguably a top 6 d, komi is nothing, bozak is a third liner or 2nd on a crap team, holzer could be good and kadri and colborne have proved nothing in the nhl...

Old
02-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

Quote:
No....just no.
you're right...i mean brass w/o Nash on his line has just been amazing to watch

Quote:
JJ doesnt want to go to Columbus. Voynov would be wanted more bc hes more of a prospect. JJ supposedly signed his contract bc he would have been traded to CBJ if he didnt.
link? he's never said (to my knowledge) that he doesn't want to come here, nor have I seen an "insider" say that

Old
02-16-2012, 12:30 PM
bizzz*

Quote:

nash
carter

for

komi (dump)
schenn (leads D in hits)
1st 2014
I thing this is not an offer. For this bunch of useless parts you won't get 2/3 of the first line.

Old
02-16-2012, 12:32 PM
The Velvet Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I thing this is not an offer. For this bunch of useless parts you won't get 2/3 of the first line.

yet this offer saves columbus cap save AND provides there lineup with more depth and scoring...

and 2players from ur top line combined dont have more points than kessel or lupul alone.

Closed Thread