Notices

2/16/12 - Thrashy @ Minnesota - 7 PM CST - FSN

Old
02-16-2012, 10:47 PM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
It doesn't need to be Winnipeg. It can be any other arena in the league.
Baring a Bucks and Admirals departure from Milwaukee and them getting a franchise, Chicago is really the closest. the Avs are a good 10hrs (minimum) and I am not sure about the 'Lou.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
Now Fel and I have something in common.
Thankfully I don't live in Montreal.

And that's a good thing.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:48 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Zidlicky? Is that you?
Well that would explain why he's sucked so much, too busy racking up a hundred posts per GDT when he should be playing hockey!

Man, if I was getting paid $4 million a year to play terrible defense, I would have it MADE, man.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Where DO you live and how DID you become a Wild fan anyway? You never even gave us the short version earlier tonight.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Quote:
I thought you followed the Canadiens to some degree?

Maybe I'm totally confused.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
I have a no trade clause, but I will waive it if it helps the forum out somehow.

Who's offering what for me?
We can't trade you, you are our Clutterbuck/energy guy on the forums. You're untouchable.

ShutDownDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
651*

Quote:
I thought you followed the Canadiens to some degree?

Maybe I'm totally confused.
Little Canada is Little Canada.

Unless I am missing something.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post

Old
02-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:

Little Canada has a double sense with me.

I actually live in Quebec City but Little Canada seemed the most representative location in Minnesota since Quebec is kinda like a little province and I wanted to be more associated with the State Of Hockey. That's why.

Last edited by Fel 96: 02-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Well, glad I watched this one recorded and skipped the post-game catfight.

Also, that shootout was ****ing pathetic. Heatley's attempt was downright embarrassing, and I'm not sure why he was given the chance. Maybe shoot the guy with two goals on the night? Just a thought.

Not sure how you guys thought the Wild were the better team through regulation when they put up a stunning 7 shots in 2 periods and had a 15 minute shotless streak. Can't win games that way. Nor can you win games blowing third-period leads multiple times in the same homestand.

...can it just be October already? Hell, I'll even take a Twins game at this point. They can't be this bad.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Well, glad I watched this one recorded and skipped the post-game catfight.

Also, that shootout was ****ing pathetic. Heatley's attempt was downright embarrassing, and I'm not sure why he was given the chance. Maybe shoot the guy with two goals on the night? Just a thought.

Not sure how you guys thought the Wild were the better team through regulation when they put up a stunning 7 shots in 2 periods and had a 15 minute shotless streak. Can't win games that way. Nor can you win games blowing third-period leads multiple times in the same homestand.

...can it just be October already? Hell, I'll even take a Twins game at this point. They can't be this bad.
Ohhhhhhh trust me, I'm willing to bet the Twins will be AT LEAST as bad as the Wild's record through this much of the season.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
I'll wear my Wild hat tomorrow, I don't even care. I'll support this team even if they're in 30th place.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

My Wild Jersey's are in boxes somewhere in preparation for my upcoming move, otherwise I might wear them sometime.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:58 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Well, we're drafting 9th overall right now, thanks Winny!

Few teams below us within a few points on the Tank Watch 12! All rights reserved, TM.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
I'll wear my Wild hat tomorrow, I don't even care. I'll support this team even if they're in 30th place.
Oh, don't get me wrong; I support them. If I didn't, I wouldn't give a **** about the last two months. It's like how when one of your friends becomes an alcoholic and starts being a ********* to you, you don't just up and leave and start hating them; you have an intervention and get them on the right track. Except in this case, I'm paying the friend large sums for the privilege of watching them drink themselves into a pissy rage and cuss me out for three hours a night three times a week, and the "intervention" is booing loudly and sobbing into my own bottle.

...but, you know. Basically the same.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Oh, don't get me wrong; I support them. If I didn't, I wouldn't give a **** about the last two months. It's like how when one of your friends becomes an alcoholic and starts being a ********* to you, you don't just up and leave and start hating them; you have an intervention and get them on the right track. Except in this case, I'm paying the friend large sums for the privilege of watching them drink themselves into a pissy rage and cuss me out for three hours a night three times a week, and the "intervention" is booing loudly and sobbing into my own bottle.

...but, you know. Basically the same.
Just imagine if one day, every STH just showed up at the X during a Wild practice and said "Look Wild, we need to talk..."

Old
02-16-2012, 11:02 PM
651*

Man, there are still 20 something games left and you guys are acting like your dog died. Seriously. Yeah, they're terrible, but a lot of things could happen. Let's be honest, they played pretty good tonight.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:05 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

On a side note, I made the mistake of buying tickets to the last game of the year (possibly the last-ever Phoenix Coyotes game!) and I need to come up with a way to just mercilessly mock the team. I'm considering the old classic paper bag over the head, but I'm open to other options. Someone suggested wearing my Twins jersey and holding up a "Circle Me Bert" sign.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
On a side note, I made the mistake of buying tickets to the last game of the year (possibly the last-ever Phoenix Coyotes game!) and I need to come up with a way to just mercilessly mock the team. I'm considering the old classic paper bag over the head, but I'm open to other options. Someone suggested wearing my Twins jersey and holding up a "Circle Me Bert" sign.
Wear a bag on your head, wear a Twins Jersey, Helga Horns on top of the bag, AND have a Circle Me Bert sign with some kind of "Minnesota Sucks, I'm gonna drink myself into a coma" message on it or something.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Man, there are still 20 something games left and you guys are acting like your dog died. Seriously. Yeah, they're terrible, but a lot of things could happen. Let's be honest, they played pretty good tonight.
This is Minnesota. Good things don't happen to sports teams.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:09 PM
651*

Quote:
Little Canada has a double sense with me.

I actually live in Quebec City but Little Canada seemed the most representative location in Minnesota since Quebec is kinda like a little province and I wanted to be more associated with the State Of Hockey. That's why.
Oh, you know that Ron Gardenhire lives there, right?

At least that is the word I've received. I've heard even more specific spot but I won't say just for his sake.

Anyway, if I ever leave the city I would definitely consider Little Canada. Something about that little watering hole that fits nicely with me.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
A lot of things could happen?

Including the hot start, they're on pace for 84 points.

If they won every single game for the rest of the season, they still likely wouldn't win the division.

This is literally the worst collapse in NHL history. It is an historic failure.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
This is Minnesota. Good things don't happen to sports teams.
Gophers back to back NCAA nat' champs, '02-'03. UMD Bulldogs 2011 NCAA nat' champs. Yeah, I know, but still.

Eh, those squads had SIX NHLers on them if I remember correctly. The UMD squad had a number (including SSP native Faulk - Carolina Hurricans) that are still developing.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Okay, I'm going to pass along my thoughts on this, because I'm use to playing the role of "mother hen." These are my thoughts....do with them what you wish.

I know we're all (myself included) extra sensitive on here, because we've been through h-e-double hockey sticks these past two and a half months. That said, I truly didn't see many Jets' fans being disrespectful on here tonight. Don't get me wrong, there may have been one (or even two), but they don't represent the others. And as someone who has checked out other team's forums on here after Wild wins (which were ages ago ), we've had some people go over and shake their feathers in their faces just as well. But they don't represent all of us either, right?

Only my personal opinion, but if other fans come over here (and are fairly respectful), then I don't have a problem with it. In fact, a little bit of friendly debates and disagreements is fine as long as the line isn't crossed.

Maybe to you, it seemed like they were gloating tonight. Maybe I'm too tired to pick up on it or have become numb after losing so many games. I would LOVE to have our fans make a showing in another team's arena like the Jets' fans did tonight. Were they loud? Yes. Were they in your face? Yes. It's like when Habs and Leafs fans come to the Xcel. There are tons of them, but I've personally only had good experiences around them. Like it or not, Minnesota is like Canada's cousin living in the basement. We're pretty passionate about the game (though Wild fans can be somewhat reserved), and have the same understanding about the sport. If anything, Winnipeg and Minnesota fans have a lot in common. We lost our teams, and the mistakes were finally corrected. And note, each fan base (ours included) is going to have some bad apples in the bunch. But these Jets' fans were certainly not behaving like Canucks' fans.

I just don't want to see some good fans chased away for no reason is all. If we're gonna see some rivalries born in the new conference, then get use to interacting with each other. Get use to "hating" each other, but we can do so without having threads closed.

Remember all of the fun on the official boards during the 2003 playoffs? I want those battles back!

Quote:
Amen. It's why I've still got a Vikings' plaque up on the wall. Till death do us part...

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:14 PM
651*

Quote:
A lot of things could happen?

Including the hot start, they're on pace for 84 points.

If they won every single game for the rest of the season, they still likely wouldn't win the division.

This is literally the worst collapse in NHL history. It is an historic failure.
They need 94 points, by my estimation. Doable. Unlikely with the state of affairs but still, doable.