Notices

2/16/12 - Thrashy @ Minnesota - 7 PM CST - FSN

Old
02-16-2012, 11:17 PM
651*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Okay, I'm going to pass along my thoughts on this, because I'm use to playing the role of "mother hen." These are my thoughts....do with them what you wish.

I know we're all (myself included) extra sensitive on here, because we've been through h-e-double hockey sticks these past two and a half months. That said, I truly didn't see many Jets' fans being disrespectful on here tonight. Don't get me wrong, there may have been one (or even two), but they don't represent the others. And as someone who has checked out other team's forums on here after Wild wins (which were ages ago ), we've had some people go over and shake their feathers in their faces just as well. But they don't represent all of us either, right?

Only my personal opinion, but if other fans come over here (and are fairly respectful), then I don't have a problem with it. In fact, a little bit of friendly debates and disagreements is fine as long as the line isn't crossed.

Maybe to you, it seemed like they were gloating tonight. Maybe I'm too tired to pick up on it or have become numb after losing so many games. I would LOVE to have our fans make a showing in another team's arena like the Jets' fans did tonight. Were they loud? Yes. Were they in your face? Yes. It's like when Habs and Leafs fans come to the Xcel. There are tons of them, but I've personally only had good experiences around them. Like it or not, Minnesota is like Canada's cousin living in the basement. We're pretty passionate about the game (though Wild fans can be somewhat reserved), and have the same understanding about the sport. If anything, Winnipeg and Minnesota fans have a lot in common. We lost our teams, and the mistakes were finally corrected. And note, each fan base (ours included) is going to have some bad apples in the bunch. But these Jets' fans were certainly not behaving like Canucks' fans.

I just don't want to see some good fans chased away for no reason is all. If we're gonna see some rivalries born in the new conference, then get use to interacting with each other. Get use to "hating" each other, but we can do so without having threads closed.

Remember all of the fun on the official boards during the 2003 playoffs? I want those battles back!

Amen. It's why I've still got a Vikings' plaque up on the wall. Till death do us part...
I agree.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

vCash: 50
Like I said earlier, dont mind me, I'm just bitter.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Where DO you live and how DID you become a Wild fan anyway? You never even gave us the short version earlier tonight.
Alright.

I've been watching the Wild every game since the 2005-2006 season when they were a strong team. Also, there were a lot of French Canadian players in the Minnesota Wild organization who had a big impact with the team that time. I liked the Jacques Lemaire system aka the trap. One of my favorite players is Pierre-Marc Bouchard. I've been following him since his junior career even if I hated the team he was playing for.

I live in the Nords land. There are still a lot of Nords fans and stuff being sold today. That's really impressive. Also, the weather is pretty much the same as in Quebec City. In fact, everything is similar minus the time zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
I thought you followed the Canadiens to some degree?

Maybe I'm totally confused.
Well, I do watch every Habs game because that's the only team I get 82 games in HD. I don't dislike the Habs but I seriously can't consider myself a Habs fan for obvious reason. At the same time, I can't really hate them... yet.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Alright.

I've been following the Wild every game since the 2005-2006 season when they were a strong team. Also, there were a lot of French Canadian players in the Minnesota Wild organization who had a big impact with the team that time. One of my favorite players is Pierre-Marc Bouchard. I've been following him since his junior career even if I hated the team he was playing for.

I live in the Nords land. There are still a lot of Nords fans and stuff being sold today. That's really impressive.

Also, the weather is pretty much the same as in Quebec City. In fact, everything is similar minus the time zone.

Well, I do watch every Habs game because that's the only team I get 82 games in HD. I don't dislike the Habs but I seriously can't consider myself a Habs fan for obvious reason. At the same time, I can't really hate them... yet.
So are we gonna lose you if Quebec City ever gets a new team?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
651*

Quote:
Alright.

I've been watching the Wild every game since the 2005-2006 season when they were a strong team. Also, there were a lot of French Canadian players in the Minnesota Wild organization who had a big impact with the team that time. One of my favorite players is Pierre-Marc Bouchard. I've been following him since his junior career even if I hated the team he was playing for.

I live in the Nords land. There are still a lot of Nords fans and stuff being sold today. That's really impressive.

Also, the weather is pretty much the same as in Quebec City. In fact, everything is similar minus the time zone.

You know, all this time I REALLY thought you were from Little Canada, MN, USA.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:20 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Like I said earlier, dont mind me, I'm just bitter.
Dude, I'm bitter too. But it is what it is. Though we can still criticize the team, because many times they deserve it.

Most nights, you've had every right to unleash the fury on them.

BTW, I said this in the Zid thread, but wanted it here as well. I don't care how many mistakes Lundin makes out there. The difference is that he WANTS to be a part of this team. The other guy doesn't. And so I give Yeo a lot of credit for sending that message to his team today. Yes, Zid was playing better, but only because he was showcasing himself.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Dude, I'm bitter too. But it is what it is. Though we can still criticize the team, because many times they deserve it.

Most nights, you've had every right to unleash the fury on them.
Well that just goes back to me saying I wish I had been born a fan of another region's sports, cause aside from Minnesota and Cleveland, I am hard pressed to think of any region in the US that has had as much suffering in sports as we have.

Dont get me wrong, I am a Minnesota fan through and through, theres not a damned thing I can do to change that, no matter how hard I would try.

I just wish I could get excited...I mean really, REALLY excited, about some team winning a title.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
So are we gonna lose you if Quebec City ever gets a new team?
Nope, I couldn't do that at all.

I love the Wild but I will also love the upcoming new Quebec City team. You just can't abandon a team like that in my book. So, I'd cheer for both teams.

/Secret released

Old
02-16-2012, 11:27 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Nope, I couldn't do that at all.

I love the Wild but I will also love the upcoming new Quebec City team. You just can't abandon a team like that in my book. So, I'd cheer for both teams.

/Secret released
In that case, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on becoming the Quebec Coyotes.

Because something has to give in Phoenix.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

It seems like something has to give sometime in Phoenix, but I dont know if Quebec City is the shoe in it seems like to be the next city to get the NHL back.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
Gophers back to back NCAA nat' champs, '02-'03. UMD Bulldogs 2011 NCAA nat' champs. Yeah, I know, but still.

Eh, those squads had SIX NHLers on them if I remember correctly. The UMD squad had a number (including SSP native Faulk - Carolina Hurricans) that are still developing.
I didn't mean college teams, just pro.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
It seems like something has to give sometime in Phoenix, but I dont know if Quebec City is the shoe in it seems like to be the next city to get the NHL back.
They have an owner (beats Houston), an arena ready (beats Seattle) and a new one being built, and fans (beats KC).

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
In that case, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you on becoming the Quebec Coyotes.

Because something has to give in Phoenix.
I don't know.

I think Seattle is now ahead of Quebec City. I'm still optimistic but I don't think we are on the top of the list anymore.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:32 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
I don't know.

I think Seattle is now ahead of Quebec City. I'm still optimistic but I don't think we are on the top of the list anymore.
I think if the NHL manages to go ahead with its realignment plan, Quebec City is a shoe in for at least one of the two expansion franchises that the plan is obviously designed with in mind.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

So, honest opinions... do I post too much in these GDT's? Feels like it sometimes, especially when I have a ridiculous post count like I do tonight... I mean good god, look at that... I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Aerial

Good evening Wild fans -- just wanted to give props for a very exciting game. Your guys really pressed hard tonight, was essentially a coin-flip for the second point. Makes me excited for many years of a top-notch rivalry with the Wild -- lots of fun ahead for both our fan bases. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSugar View Post
Good evening Wild fans -- just wanted to give props for a very exciting game. Your guys really pressed hard tonight, was essentially a coin-flip for the second point. Makes me excited for many years of a top-notch rivalry with the Wild -- lots of fun ahead for both our fan bases. Good luck on the rest of the season.
Well, if we can ever get realignment to go through...

Otherwise, want to straight up swap places next season? You guys could play the West, and we could spend a year in the East? It would be a lot of fun, I think, for everyone involved.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
So, honest opinions... do I post too much in these GDT's? Feels like it sometimes, especially when I have a ridiculous post count like I do tonight... I mean good god, look at that... I'm not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed.
Dude, I use to have 20,000 posts over on the official boards back in the days. Don't worry about it. There was a time when nobody posted on these boards.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:41 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Dude, I use to have 20,000 posts over on the official boards back in the days. Don't worry about it. There was a time when nobody posted on these boards.
I spose. I used to post all the time on the official boards, then I got sick of all the jerks and trolls. Why did they go to **** like that anyway?

Old
02-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
I don't think so.

In fact, it's great to see active GDT's.

Quote:
Yeah, I remember that sad time...

Just see my post count. I'd say 65% of my posts are from GDT's.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Well, if we can ever get realignment to go through...

Otherwise, want to straight up swap places next season? You guys could play the West, and we could spend a year in the East? It would be a lot of fun, I think, for everyone involved.
Much as I'd be highly interested in seeing more of some of the Western teams, part of me wants to cling to the relative security of the Southeastern Division.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Is it October yet?

Quote:
Much as I'd be highly interested in seeing more of some of the Western teams, part of me wants to cling to the relative security of the Southeastern Division.
Well outside of the Nucks, the Northwest division is just as weak.

In fact if the Capitals get as strong as they used to be, our divisions would be equal in strength.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 404
Quote:
This is the kind of fan I like. Kind and courteous. Feel free to stop by any time!

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:49 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Dude, Id B so drunk at u if I wasnt so p***ed.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Awesome atmosphere at the X, but Jets fans leave happy after shootout win