HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey really wanted Beauchemin out...

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Darz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Beauchemin never had a real chance with the Habs... This is only what I think not a fact.. To me Beauchemin is pretty similar to Bouillon but with the extra offensive edge Bouillon has'nt... Beauchemin has a better reach too, skate extremmely well and rarely got beaten along the board.. I also like the way he plays the game physically giving some big hit when he have the chance to without put his team in trouble..
That could be the case, but I still don't think a 24 year old with 1 game of NHL should be ahead of a player who was an NHL regular last year.

Old
10-29-2004, 12:12 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
That could be the case, but I still don't think a 24 year old with 1 game of NHL should be ahead of a player who was an NHL regular last year.
Defensemans take longer to develop poperly... Especially in Montreal where its very very hard for a young d-men to crack the line-up... Beauchemin is 24 years old yes, Hainsey is 23...

Old
10-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Byrne
Couldn't Montreal just claim him back if he gets put on waivers by the Columbus if they wanted him so bad ?
You are correct.

Old
10-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
I like Beauchemin but i do think he's grossly overrated on this board.

Well maybe not him as a player but what he bring to the table is overrated.
The guy is 24, have play 1 NHL game and is projected by the most optimist fan out there to be a 5th guy on the blue line, yet many consider him to be right now better than Bouillon who have play more than 200 games as an effective 5th man...

It's sad we lost him as it's never funny to lost a prospect, but the MTL Canadians have lost absolutly nothing in this by all account (Nhl club i mean). As for the AHL club, yeah it's gonna hurt them... But maybe, it will also give Hainsey more Ice time which is a good game since his ceiling is so much higher it's not even funny.

Old
10-29-2004, 03:50 PM
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
sad story for the habs....

What is sad about losing a marginal AHL player

There are bigger ,better prospects in the pipeline and no urgency for the big club for another deman anyways.

Old
10-29-2004, 09:31 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
No sorry but Beauchemin was our best defenseman out our top 6... I even had him over Quintal and maybe Bouillon..

Beauchemin will play in the NHL for sure and will be very useful for his new team... He is am effective all around defenseman playing with grit and intensity in every areas of the game..
This is moronic.

If Beauchemin was better then Stephane Quintal and or Francis Bouillon, why on earth did the Habs not play him? Why would they play two inferior players all season and let the better player rot on the farm?

The over rating of Beauchemin has hit a fever pitch.

It's ridiculous.

Old
10-30-2004, 12:27 AM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
This is moronic.

If Beauchemin was better then Stephane Quintal and or Francis Bouillon, why on earth did the Habs not play him? Why would they play two inferior players all season and let the better player rot on the farm?

It's ridiculous.
I agree this is ridiculous the lost of Beauchemin is nothing major he would never had the ice time to improve in the NHL . Komisarek and Hainsey are ready for the NHL with reducted load of work for the hainsey acting like the 6-7th man .

Old
10-30-2004, 09:08 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
This is moronic.

It's ridiculous.
Quintal was a vet with a garenteed contract appreciated by his teammates in the room..

Bouillon is in the organization for a long time, deserved his chance and seized it..

As simple as that!

Old
10-30-2004, 09:27 AM
rocketlives

It has been the policy of the Montreal Canadiens for a long time to prefer using experienced journeymen players to error prone rookies. In the past 10 years they have broken in very few rookies and they have missed the playoffs half of the time. Even Andrei Markov had a hard time cracking the team. Maybe it's time for the Habs to revise their policies.

I saw every game of the last Habs training camp in Pierrefonds (September 2003) and I thought Beauchemin and Hainsey formed as good a pair of defensemen as Quintal and Bouillon, if not better, but they weren't allowed a single mistake.

Closed Thread