Sami Vatanen

Old
06-25-2012, 06:23 AM
Unholy
waifu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalvinators View Post
Lindholm said he is waiting for his equipment to come to Cali in next week, so i believe the camp is already starting next week.
Yeah that's my bad. Goofed up this morning.

Ducks twitter:
Quote:
The Prospect Camp will start on June 27 and will culminate with a scrimmage open to public. Details haven't been announced yet.
http://twitter.com/#!/AnaheimDucks

Missed that tweet when I got into work.

06-25-2012, 09:43 AM
RaskY
GLG

Hey guys!

I'm from Finland and Sami Vatanen is one of my favorite finnish prospects. I also like doing hockey videos (tributes, montages) etc.. so I have two videos of Sami too. First one was made it about year ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATJxlhGiBNw

But last night I made a new video, which includes ALL of his 38 goals in JYP-jersey (32 regular season, 6 playoffs) and 4 in national teams (2 A, 2 U20).. I'd like to know what u guys think about my videos and of course that kind of videos are made for fans. I think that you're fans of Sami already?

Newest one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTnPoUXYXEs

I think that the newest one is better as a video, but what u think?

EDIT: Did somebody already post my video here? DD I can't believe it.. Well sorry guys.

RaskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:10 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I seem to recall there's generally two prospect camps. One right after draft, essentially to tell the new draftees how to train this summer. And one as a pre-training camp. Which is mostly the rookie tournament they normally take part of.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2012, 10:18 AM
Hagged

If you put on the music from this video and then watch the highlight video posted above, you'll know there is a 20g 40a rookie season coming!

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Turbomono
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
I sure hope Vatanen is as good as advertised!
Advertising hasn't started yet. Things you have heard are only facts. I just can't wait until you see Vatanen playing in Ducks Jersey! Internet just spoils you to fully enjoy the first time he's on ice.

Turbomono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Finnish guys are all puting us on a really hard waiting

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Sigismund

Quote:
The thing is, if he can achieve the level we all hope he can achieve, there is no way you can miss him on ice. He's not just one of the d-men you should have in your team, he either is The D-man you need in your team or who will never make it there.

We're building up the pressure, yes, but I'm pretty certain Sami can handle it.

Sigismund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:46 PM
RuuhkaTukka

Hello!

My name is RuuhkaTukka and I have a confession to make. I am 35 years old and have been playing and watching hockey since the 80's. For the first 32 years of my life I never had any doubts concerning my sexuality. I liked women and women liked me.

Then one september evening I saw Vatanen skate for my team and it was love at first sight. After that evening even the most beautiful women were not enought for me. At first I was not able to perform until I started thinking of Vatanen on the ice. For a while all seemed to be okay but after a moment I started to feel I was cheating all of those ladies. I also started to think I was bi or even homosexual.

It was downhill for the next few years. I became alienated from the outside world and spend all of my time in the youtube watching reruns of Vatanen.

All of this made me lose contact with reality. Then one morning my friends, parents and my brother came to talk to me. They told me that I should find professional help. I went to see a shrink and we talked for hours during the 12 sessions I had with her. She was very nice to me and never told me my habits were dirty or othervice harmful.

After my sessions with her I understood I had nothing to be ashamed of. All that I was feeling was completely normal and all I had to do was to find a nice girl that felt like I felt.

After some searching I found a nice girl that shared my passion. She is more into the HC professional stuff like Semenko and Probert but othervice we are doing very well.

Thanks to Vatanen I came out of the closet!

I am proud to say, I AM A HOCKEYSEXUAL!

RuuhkaTukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:51 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

You Finns aren't making the wait till training camp any easier

ShadowDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 01:56 PM
muckbin15
parros16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuuhkaTukka View Post
Hello!

My name is RuuhkaTukka and I have a confession to make. I am 35 years old and have been playing and watching hockey since the 80's. For the first 32 years of my life I never had any doubts concerning my sexuality. I liked women and women liked me.

Then one september evening I saw Vatanen skate for my team and it was love at first sight. After that evening even the most beautiful women were not enought for me. At first I was not able to perform until I started thinking of Vatanen on the ice. For a while all seemed to be okay but after a moment I started to feel I was cheating all of those ladies. I also started to think I was bi or even homosexual.

It was downhill for the next few years. I became alienated from the outside world and spend all of my time in the youtube watching reruns of Vatanen.

All of this made me lose contact with reality. Then one morning my friends, parents and my brother came to talk to me. They told me that I should find professional help. I went to see a shrink and we talked for hours during the 12 sessions I had with her. She was very nice to me and never told me my habits were dirty or othervice harmful.

After my sessions with her I understood I had nothing to be ashamed of. All that I was feeling was completely normal and all I had to do was to find a nice girl that felt like I felt.

After some searching I found a nice girl that shared my passion. She is more into the HC professional stuff like Semenko and Probert but othervice we are doing very well.

wow...what? too far

muckbin15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Hello!

This is easily the greatest post made in the Ducks sub-forum.

mightyquack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Uhh...more Finns, anyone?

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
This is easily the greatest post made in the Ducks sub-forum.
I would have to agree. But in the U.S. we call that a "Man-Crush". LoL Although, the romanticism brought sounds much, much better.

Hockey Duckie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 02:55 PM
QnebO

Quote:
There is a reason for it, but everyones game do not allways translate perfectly to NA so lets still wait.. please do not place all your horses on this bet yet.

QnebO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Yeah, we are all pretty concerned wether his game will translate. Thats why it really sucked that he didn`t played in the prospect camp :/

Anyway, just think of what would happen if Vatanen would be a leaf prospect.
Proposal of: all NHL players + Jesus for Vatanen

Kalvinators is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 03:51 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Does anyone know if Sami has grown or put on some weight since last season? Just curious. His small size will probably always be a problem for him and I was just curious if anyone knew how tall he is or how much he weighs.

KelVarnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Cat View Post
Uhh...more Finns, anyone?
Hell yeah. We need to let Murray know he's been drafting the wrong Scandinavians. ASAP!

(Just kidding, Swedes. We love to have you around, as well. )

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
redbeard7737

Quote:
Hello!

wtf is this for real?

redbeard7737 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

"Othervice," heh.

And his name is Rooka Tooka. Rad.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

The take home message of this thread is I have GOT to visit Finland.....

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 09:45 PM
duari91

Quote:
Hello!

Is this real life?

duari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Hello!

finns are the freaking GREATEST

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
SoCalHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by duari91 View Post
Is this real life?

ROFL... wtf?

SoCalHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM
mattihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Hell yeah. We need to let Murray know he's been drafting the wrong Scandinavians. ASAP!
Are you meaning he should draft more norwegians? o.O

mattihp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2012, 11:52 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Ducks DVM is online now   Reply With Quote