HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-Vancouver

Old
02-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Not a huge schroeder fan.

He hasn't proven much at the AHL level.

I'm not sure why the Habs are the team adding the pick here. I probably wouldn't trade AK straight up for Schroeder.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:56 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Not a huge schroeder fan.

He hasn't proven much at the AHL level.

I'm not sure why the Habs are the team adding the pick here. I probably wouldn't trade AK straight up for Schroeder.
Don't worry.

Vancouver would not be interested in AK.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:24 PM
SpaceCowboy

We'll keep Shroeder for a team that'll deal for a center. Possibly just go picks for someone like Kos.

I don't see GMMG doing this either way.

SpaceCowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

Have no idea why either team would touch that or why Montreal would need to add a draft pick.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkov View Post
To Vancouver: Andrei Kostitsyn, 3rd pick

To Montreal: Jordan Schroeder

Montreal will definitively be sellers this coming trade deadline and Kostitsyn being UFA at the end of the season will likely get traded. Kostitsyn could bring depth to their line-up and could be a good RW for the Sedins.

Thought?
So with Kostitsyn as the new winger for the Sedins, what do we do with Burrows? Put him on waivers?

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:44 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Don't worry.

lol this x100

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Would suck to trade Jordan Schroeder right when he is finally playing up to his potential.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Doesn't work for either team

WinterEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:41 AM
denkiteki

Andrei Kostitsyn would have problems finding a spot in the top 9... forget the top 6. And if he can't crack the top 9, he isn't playing on the 4th line. Basically not a player the 'nucks want. Moen actually fits the need more because he can play on the 3rd or 4th line (and likely cost less). Andrei Kostitsyn can only play in an offensive situation and for the most part, those spots are full unless someone gets hurt.

Also his cap hit doesn't work unless the 'nucks are doing another deal to trade Raymond (or Ballard/Malhotra) somewhere. I don't see Kostitsyn as a clear upgrade over Raymond plus he's a UFA vs Raymond being a RFA after this season. So from a future prospective not a smart move to get a player, be forced to move a different player (likely Raymond) who's under the team's control for 1 more year.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:43 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterEmpire View Post
Doesn't work for either team
Unless, of course, if the Vancouver Canucks aspire to win the Stanley Cup.

Having watched AK play against Lucic and the Bruins over the years and having watched the Canucks top 6 against the Bruinss last year in the playoffs, if I was going to choose an addition that would help the Canucks win that series and my choice was AK or Shroeder, it would probably be AK.

In that series I can guarantee AK would be playing with the Sedin's on the top line.

Frozenice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 03:14 AM
whoshouse

Dont think this trade makes sense salary wise but both fan bases are underrating the oppositions player. AK would look fantastic on the Canucks. Hes a more gritty version of Raymond and would look amazing on the third or second line. Schroeder has more value than a ufa to be and even though he has struggled early in his professional career, he has looked good this season and is looking like he finally gets it. He is on the same pace Hodgson was in the AHL last year and looks like hes about to break out (14 points in last 15 games).

I think if Moen was added with AK for other pieces along with Schroeder.. this could be a good deal.

whoshouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Unless, of course, if the Vancouver Canucks aspire to win the Stanley Cup.

Having watched AK play against Lucic and the Bruins over the years and having watched the Canucks top 6 against the Bruinss last year in the playoffs, if I was going to choose an addition that would help the Canucks win that series and my choice was AK or Shroeder, it would probably be AK.

In that series I can guarantee AK would be playing with the Sedin's on the top line.
Our top 6 was decimated by injuries. Keep AK

Bgav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-wayman View Post
So with Kostitsyn as the new winger for the Sedins, what do we do with Burrows? Put him on waivers?
not that Kostitsyn would be traded to Vancouver but if he was....and IF he was to play with the twins....

have you ever heard of "the second line" you know, the other scoring line you have, there is this somewhat unkown centre playing wayyy down there named Kesler.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:12 AM
TheBleedingEdge

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Don't worry.

Mike Gillis doesnt like UFA playoff rentals, he has stated this on a few occasions. Plus he would not want to add someone thats a 2nd line guy, Van has alot of those as is. Right side Dman or tough gritty Moen/Moore/Downie/Ott/Neil is their needs for a forward because they are looking at a deep run this year.

Montreal can get a better offer from a team like Nashville or possibly LA whom could use his services.

PS. Vancouver wouldnt have touched Moore with a 10 foot pole due to history.

TheBleedingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:18 AM
DJOpus

AK @ $3.25M is tough for the Canucks. AK has 12G, 12A in 48 games, gets PP time but no PK time.

Our top 3 line wingers are (salary comparison in brackets) - none of the Canucks are UFAs:
D. Sedin - obviously better than AK (6/3)
Burrows - better than AK, cheaper (2/3)
Booth - better than AK, better production, plays power game, not a UFA to be but more expensive (4/3)
Higgins - similar to AK - same ES, production, cheaper (2/3)
Raymond - similar to AK - same ES production, PKs and is solid defensively, less feisty, cheaper (2/3)
Hansen - similar to AK - better ES production, cheaper (1/3)

For the money I just don't see who you'd bump out of the lineup to put AK in. If you want, you could argue Raymond if AK gets his game back up to top form but even then his ES production is very similar to Raymond but Raymond is still cheaper and kills penalties.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:42 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 783
A. Kostitsyn is not good. If you would not trade him for Schroeder straight up, you can be glad you do not run your team.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
A. Kostitsyn is not good. If you would not trade him for Schroeder straight up, you can be glad you do not run your team.
J. Schroeder is "not good".

Schroeders has two plus years of AHL hockey and other than being hot for the last month, has proven nothing.

AK's NHL production is similar to what Schroeder is doing in the AHL.

I know this is hockeys future, but you are massively overrating an unproven prospect based solely on where he was picked in the draft.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote