HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

kubina

Old
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
googanov

vCash: 500
kubina

would you like to see kubina in wings uni? if so what would you offer up for him?

googanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:17 PM
VM1138

I would not like to see Kubina play in Detroit. He adds nothing the team needs, at least not on a consistent basis. The guy could also be a detriment on the ice. And considering our defense is fine the way it is, it's an unnecessary move.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
May I ask what the OP wants in return? LOL

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
MetalMilitia

I really don't feel comfortable with Jakub Kindl on the ice in the regular season...just imagine the playoffs.

If trading a late pick for Kubina means putting Kindl in the press box then pull the trigger...or just call up Smith.

MetalMilitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I really don't feel comfortable with Jakub Kindl on the ice in the regular season...just imagine the playoffs.

If trading a late pick for Kubina means putting Kindl in the press box then pull the trigger...or just call up Smith.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:05 PM
googanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
May I ask what the OP wants in return? LOL
seeing that dominic moore went for a 2nd i have no idea what they would want for kubina. im sure we could give them 4-5 pick and commodore? i also am nervous when kindl is on the ice and ericsson gets these ideas in his head sometime making him think hes nick and tries to rush the puck resulting in turnovers. if he sticks to defense he is fine imo

googanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Huddy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by googanov View Post
seeing that dominic moore went for a 2nd i have no idea what they would want for kubina. im sure we could give them 4-5 pick and commodore? i also am nervous when kindl is on the ice and ericsson gets these ideas in his head sometime making him think hes nick and tries to rush the puck resulting in turnovers. if he sticks to defense he is fine imo
whats w the kindl garbage?

Old
02-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Perhaps more importantly, it doesn't look like Babcock trusts Kindl/Commodore in the regular season, and that's unlikely to change in the playoffs. So far, Kindl's averaged under 14 minutes a game and Commie's been under 12. If we want a third pairing that can give our top4 a bit of a breather, we probably need to add a guy and Kubina could fill that role.

As for what I'd give up, I'll say something around Parkes and a 4th.

02-16-2012, 07:26 PM
MetalMilitia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Whale View Post
whats w the kindl garbage?
He isn't very good...?

I'm still holding onto hope that he will some day reach his potential...but I don't see it happening.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Tampa's defense is definitely on the thin side so maybe trade Kindl and a 4th round draft pick? Kindl's basically Kyle Quincey and, like Q, it's going to be tough for him to get consistent IT in Detroit. As we've seen in LA and Colorado there is a role for a defenseman of Quincey and Kindl's caliber. Commodore is strictly depth at this point.

Lids-White
Kronner-Stuart
Ericsson-Kubina
Commodore

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Henkka

Kindl AND 4th??? No ****ing way. Kubina is retiring at this season.

Maybe 2nd+Kubina for Kindl. Yzerman knows his potential.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:26 PM
redwings85
In Ozzie I trust.

Isn't Kubina a known Pylon a la Gill?

I personally don't think the Wings need Kubina.

redwings85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Kindl AND 4th??? No ****ing way. Kubina is retiring at this season.

Maybe 2nd+Kubina for Kindl. Yzerman knows his potential.
If the Wings were to trade Jakub Kindl right now straight up for a draft pick what round would that draft pick come from? You seem to suggest Kindl is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick + Kubina. Do you really think Kindl on his own would warrant a 2nd round draft pick when that's what Dominic Moore has gone for in recent trades? That seems high IMO.

Old
02-16-2012, 08:51 PM
ADay2Avenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Tampa's defense is definitely on the thin side so maybe trade Kindl and a 4th round draft pick? Kindl's basically Kyle Quincey and, like Q, it's going to be tough for him to get consistent IT in Detroit. As we've seen in LA and Colorado there is a role for a defenseman of Quincey and Kindl's caliber. Commodore is strictly depth at this point.

Lids-White
Kronner-Stuart
Ericsson-Kubina
Commodore
I agree with you here, this trade coupled with a move for a depth forward (moen or gaustad) would put the wings in a real nice position for a cup run.

ADay2Avenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings85 View Post
Isn't Kubina a known Pylon a la Gill?

I personally don't think the Wings need Kubina.
I remember when I was pushing for the Wings to get Gill back when he was with Toronto someone said the only thing Gill was good for was changing lightbulbs because of his height. It was a good line but the truth of the matter is that Gill is one of the better PK'ing d-men in the league. Kubina can fill three roles for Detroit: 2nd PP, 6th d-man and PK'er. I don't think he puts the Wings over the top or anything but he makes Dertroit a better hockey club because he's obviously better than Kindl or Commodore.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
killbuttman*

If Smith had played the last 58 games as our 6th man, he would be insanely better than Kubina, and Kindl, and Commodore.

And what would our record be with Smith? He would make some rookie mistakes, but how many of our wins would Smith single-handedly cause to be losses because of his growing pains? 2 or 3 games? So now what? We still cruise into a home playoff spot and have a stud that is just hitting his stride after spending 8 months learning on the job from Lidstrom and Kronwall. Instead, he's rotting with Doug Janik, and people here are talking about adding a washed up Kubina.

Makes ZERO sense. That's the short-sighted stupidity that is so frustrating. Did Kindl/Commodore give us a better chance to win in October - of course. Would an 82-game season by Smith give us a better chance to win a Cup - we'll never know.

killbuttman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 09:39 PM
ZetterBurger

Am I the only one who thinks Kindl and Commodore are good players? Sure an upgrade would be great, but Kindl can be used in a package for a good forward, not a defenseman that can be had for a pick.

ZetterBurger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:21 PM
MetalMilitia

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbuttman View Post
If Smith had played the last 58 games as our 6th man, he would be insanely better than Kubina, and Kindl, and Commodore.

And what would our record be with Smith? He would make some rookie mistakes, but how many of our wins would Smith single-handedly cause to be losses because of his growing pains? 2 or 3 games? So now what? We still cruise into a home playoff spot and have a stud that is just hitting his stride after spending 8 months learning on the job from Lidstrom and Kronwall. Instead, he's rotting with Doug Janik, and people here are talking about adding a washed up Kubina.

Makes ZERO sense. That's the short-sighted stupidity that is so frustrating. Did Kindl/Commodore give us a better chance to win in October - of course. Would an 82-game season by Smith give us a better chance to win a Cup - we'll never know.
You deserve a drink for this post. Everything is bang on, I agree 100 percent.

I can see Smith in the playoffs just like Helm did in 2008...but he should have been with this team since October. I trust Kenny with whatever he is doing but damn, just picture Smith after a full season...then in playoff mode.

Old
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM
obey86

what's wrong with kindl? he impresses me everytime I see him play.

obey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by obey86 View Post
what's wrong with kindl? he impresses me everytime I see him play.
I think he's been more solid defensively than E or even Kronwall for most of the time I've seen him play. And this is like the first time he's getting some regular play up with the team. Nowhere to go but up.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
I think he's been more solid defensively than E or even Kronwall for most of the time I've seen him play. And this is like the first time he's getting some regular play up with the team. Nowhere to go but up.
It's pretty interesting how E's plus/minus drops when he plays with Kindl. Seriously look it up sometime. It's quantitative data that completely disagrees with what your eyes are telling you.

Old
02-16-2012, 11:21 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
If the Wings were to trade Jakub Kindl right now straight up for a draft pick what round would that draft pick come from? You seem to suggest Kindl is worth at least a 2nd round draft pick + Kubina. Do you really think Kindl on his own would warrant a 2nd round draft pick when that's what Dominic Moore has gone for in recent trades? That seems high IMO.
Well they wouldn't move Kindl and a first for Bogosian so, that tells you his value to them. I think they ask for at least a second especially since Tampa's would likely be an early second. He was a first round pick and he has improved maybe not at the rate everyone loves around here, but that doesn't mean he is a bargain bin guy just yet. I think Kubina and a third is more reasonable, but seriously Kubina has declined a lot in the last couple seasons, he can't land Kindl straight up they need to add. I agree with Winger98, a 4th and Parkes or something of that nature is about as much as I am giving up for Kubina, hope Holland feels similarly.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Thats My Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
He isn't very good...?

I'm still holding onto hope that he will some day reach his potential...but I don't see it happening.
Hasn't Kindl always struggled the first year of every league he's in? Like his transition from the Czech Republic to Kitchener wasn't good his first year, but he's progressively gotten better, and I don't really follow the Griffin's, but looking at his stats from the AHL, it was the same in GR. It looks like he has a tough time adjusting the first year. I wouldn't give up on him yet, we just have to be patient. He's has a lot of potential that I don't necessarily want to see leave (unless in a deal for a top 6 forward).

Adding Kubina would solidify the 6th D, but not really a necessity. Being a veteran, he could possibly help Ericsson and Kindl along in their careers when they pair with him. With that said, I'd probably give a 3rd and a 4th for him.

Thats My Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:35 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats My Hat View Post
Hasn't Kindl always struggled the first year of every league he's in? Like his transition from the Czech Republic to Kitchener wasn't good his first year, but he's progressively gotten better, and I don't really follow the Griffin's, but looking at his stats from the AHL, it was the same in GR. It looks like he has a tough time adjusting the first year. I wouldn't give up on him yet, we just have to be patient. He's has a lot of potential that I don't necessarily want to see leave (unless in a deal for a top 6 forward).

Adding Kubina would solidify the 6th D, but not really a necessity. Being a veteran, he could possibly help Ericsson and Kindl along in their careers when they pair with him. With that said, I'd probably give a 3rd and a 4th for him.
Last year was his first year in Detroit though, what did he get like 40 games or something higher if I remember right. I am not for trading Kindl at all, but this isn't his first season with the big club he might be playing a little more, but people need to stop making that excuse for him.

*Just checked 48 last year, 3 the year before and now 44 this season. That means he has played 95 games in the NHL, stop treating him like a rookie now. He turned 25 earlier this month also. But he was rookie last year, he eclipsed the games played to not even be eligible for the award this year.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 02-17-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Kindl's games played.
The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:50 AM
Thats My Hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Last year was his first year in Detroit though, what did he get like 40 games or something higher if I remember right. I am not for trading Kindl at all, but this isn't his first season with the big club he might be playing a little more, but people need to stop making that excuse for him.

*Just checked 48 last year, 3 the year before and now 44 this season. That means he has played 95 games in the NHL, stop treating him like a rookie now. He turned 25 earlier this month also. But he was rookie last year, he eclipsed the games played to not even be eligible for the award this year.
Oh, ahahah, my bad. I completely forgot he was with the club last year. Well, that's embarrassing. I see your point, but I remember reading somewhere that it takes 300 games of experience for a defencemen to be totally comfortable out there and to be able to make consistent plays (or something like that). I'll try to find the article.

Thats My Hat is offline   Reply With Quote