HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012 Discussion Part II (All credible rumors/trade talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
  #26
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING
 
McSorleyStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 221B Baker Street
Posts: 16,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
I just read on NHL.com that the Habs ARE on Nash's list of teams he would be willing to waive his ntc for! Omg!!'

Here's the link. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254
Yawn


The Habs are on everyone's list

McSorleyStick is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 12:58 PM
  #27
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post
Yawn


The Habs are on everyone's list
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Quebecois players have the Habs on the other kind of list.

Et le But is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 01:12 PM
  #28
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Yeah but if you look at his ppg in 2012. And you put apart his 2011 games, he played pretty well, since not playing with jambons on the 4th line.
He would be playing with jambons here. Wouldn't play ahead of DD or Plekanec.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 01:17 PM
  #29
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has a big cap hit and was a healthy scratch on a few occasions.
Is this about Brassard or Kaberle?

gusfring is online now  
Old
02-18-2012, 06:35 PM
  #30
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,782
vCash: 500
A Habs scout has been at the last 5 Blue Jackets games .. as per renaud Lavoie

HomaridII is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 06:48 PM
  #31
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
A Habs scout has been at the last 5 Blue Jackets games .. as per renaud Lavoie
If true, and if the scout was there for one of the big fish (Nash, Carter), this is ridiculous. If they need to scout that heavily before a trade, it shows they're not on top of things. What do they expect to learn so close to a potential trade? Besides, disgruntled/rumored to be trade bait players are probably not playing their best hockey.

JackieChan is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:01 PM
  #32
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
If true, and if the scout was there for one of the big fish (Nash, Carter), this is ridiculous. If they need to scout that heavily before a trade, it shows they're not on top of things. What do they expect to learn so close to a potential trade? Besides, disgruntled/rumored to be trade bait players are probably not playing their best hockey.
Are you serious?

I get it now: ANYTHING MANAGEMENT DOES WILL BE NEGATIVELY CRITICIZED.



They're scouting to get a closer look at a potentially gigantic contract, how is that a bad thing? You'd say the same negative ******** if it somehow gets leaked that the Habs didn't scout the player and went off their old files. Like Niinimaa.

Gauthier can't win, can he?

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:05 PM
  #33
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
I don't think Derrick Brassard is what the Habs are looking at. A guy the team want is RJ Umberger. He's big, solid two way, can play in all situations, face off specialist. Brassard is too one dimensional, not Habs style. Possibility of trading a prospect like Aaron Palushaj and 2nd round for Umberger.

rockjngo is online now  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:07 PM
  #34
Digger03
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London,ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
What would it take to get Nazem Kadri? He Grew Up a Habs fan and would love to play here. Would the Leafs even trade him to an eastern conf team? Akost and our 1st rounder for Kadri?

Digger03 is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:14 PM
  #35
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
What would it take to get Nazem Kadri? He Grew Up a Habs fan and would love to play here. Would the Leafs even trade him to an eastern conf team? Akost and our 1st rounder for Kadri?
Living in Toronto, I and got to see Kadri. I don't think he will reach his potential. Kadri isn't strong enough to be in the NHL. He floats around and do too much as result turnovers. A player that comes to mind is Jan Bulis. Think Bulis and that's what Kadri is right now.

rockjngo is online now  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:15 PM
  #36
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Habs might deal Weber to the Jackets if they're looking to rework their blueline, or maybe the Habs are shopping Plekanec and the Jackets are looking into it.


Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
  #37
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
If true, and if the scout was there for one of the big fish (Nash, Carter), this is ridiculous. If they need to scout that heavily before a trade, it shows they're not on top of things. What do they expect to learn so close to a potential trade? Besides, disgruntled/rumored to be trade bait players are probably not playing their best hockey.
IF the Habs were to get Nash, I doubt that it would be 3 NHL Roster Players from MTL for Nash straight up.

Normally when you give a number of Roster players, you get a AHLer about to crack the NHL Lineup, or a Roster player to fill in the holes that were left by the players that were traded the other way....

No idea if you understand what I mean

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
  #38
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Habs might deal Weber to the Jackets if they're looking to rework their blueline, or maybe the Habs are shopping Plekanec and the Jackets are looking into it.

I doubt Plekanec would accept a trade to Columbus. At least, I hope he wouldn't!

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
  #39
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
What would it take to get Nazem Kadri? He Grew Up a Habs fan and would love to play here. Would the Leafs even trade him to an eastern conf team? Akost and our 1st rounder for Kadri?
would never give our 1st for Kadri + adding Akost ? TO can keep him

PATCHESx67 is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:23 PM
  #40
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?
I would definitely give up a 2nd for Brassard. His cap hit is high, but assuming Gomez is in the AHL next season (not to mention the rumored 5 million increase in the cap next season), the Habs could easily swing Brassard.

Patty Roy is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:26 PM
  #41
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I don't think Derrick Brassard is what the Habs are looking at. A guy the team want is RJ Umberger. He's big, solid two way, can play in all situations, face off specialist. Brassard is too one dimensional, not Habs style. Possibility of trading a prospect like Aaron Palushaj and 2nd round for Umberger.
Apparently Umberger's been terrible, and he's signed long-term anyway. I'd like Umberger in theory and based on what I remember but he's been quite bad it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger03 View Post
What would it take to get Nazem Kadri? He Grew Up a Habs fan and would love to play here. Would the Leafs even trade him to an eastern conf team? Akost and our 1st rounder for Kadri?
Kadri isn't worth that, in fact the Leafs are dangling him for a bigger fish constantly. I'm still not sure what I think about him, is he even good?

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:32 PM
  #42
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Are you serious?

I get it now: ANYTHING MANAGEMENT DOES WILL BE NEGATIVELY CRITICIZED. Nope. I like the Gill trade.



They're scouting to get a closer look at a potentially gigantic contract, how is that a bad thing? You'd say the same negative ******** if it somehow gets leaked that the Habs didn't scout the player and went off their old files. Like Niinimaa. Nope. Using old scouting reports and updating them in a rush right before a trade are both silly.

Gauthier can't win, can he?
Carry on with your hyperboles.

JackieChan is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:34 PM
  #43
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
IF the Habs were to get Nash, I doubt that it would be 3 NHL Roster Players from MTL for Nash straight up.

Normally when you give a number of Roster players, you get a AHLer about to crack the NHL Lineup, or a Roster player to fill in the holes that were left by the players that were traded the other way....

No idea if you understand what I mean
If there's a fringe NHLer/obscure player coming our way, last minute scouting would actually make sense. We'll probably never know though.

JackieChan is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:36 PM
  #44
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Nash coming to Montreal isn't as crazy as it may sound.

He has an absolutely massive contract (He is overpaid) and Columbus seems to be looking at a rebuild and will still need a way to reach cap-floor going forward if they do move Nash and consequently Carter. Enter Scott Gomez. I don't need to go ino details regarding his cap hit and he declining amount he is paid over the next 2 seasons, we all know the drill. This IMO makes us an intriguing trading partner for Columbus, as we have something they will need for he next 2 seasons while they kick start that rebuild. Speculate all you want as to what else needs to be added to the trade from our perspective in order to make it work. I'd imagine our first rounder is a given. Maybe next year's as well, or maybe some of the slew of 2nds we've recently acquired. Probably some younger players with potential. I know for sure Montreal won't send Pacioretty the other way, as it would be a lateral move given the extra's in the deal.

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Pleks-Nash

Would be a pretty intimidating Top 6 to play against. Massive wingers.

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:38 PM
  #45
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Nash coming to Montreal isn't as crazy as it may sound.

He has an absolutely massive contract (He is overpaid) and Columbus seems to be looking at a rebuild and will still need a way to reach cap-floor going forward if they do move Nash and consequently Carter. Enter Scott Gomez. I don't need to go ino details regarding his cap hit and he declining amount he is paid over the next 2 seasons, we all know the drill. This IMO makes us an intriguing trading partner for Columbus, as we have something they will need for he next 2 seasons while they kick start that rebuild. Speculate all you want as to what else needs to be added to the trade from our perspective in order to make it work. I'd imagine our first rounder is a given. Maybe next year's as well, or maybe some of the slew of 2nds we've recently acquired. Probably some younger players with potential. I know for sure Montreal won't send Pacioretty the other way, as it would be a lateral move given the extra's in the deal.

Patches-DD-Cole
Bourque-Pleks-Nash

Would be a pretty intimidating Top 6 to play against. Massive wingers.
Agree with what you say... But we'll probably have to say goodbye to either Beaulieu and Tinordi including our first round pick this year and possibly our second next year since it's a deep draft

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:42 PM
  #46
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Carry on with your hyperboles.
Do you have any idea how scouting reports even work?

WhiskeySeven is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:43 PM
  #47
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Any player who waives his no trade or no movement clause to come the habs gets massive respect from me...That is the only real stumbling block I see in Nash coming to mtl...does he want to play here? Does he not have the pick of litter?

I do feel though habs have massive cap space and have not waived Gomez a la Redden for ...many ungiven and yet unrevealed reasons...but we can all figure it out...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:46 PM
  #48
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Agree with what you say... But we'll probably have to say goodbye to either Beaulieu and Tinordi including our first round pick this year and possibly our second next year since it's a deep draft
I'm sure it would be a whopper of a price tag, no doubt.

That being said it also falls in line with the idea that management has that the team just needs a quick "re-tool" as opposed to a full fledged re-build. Nash would bring instant improvement to the line up, something that our first round pick this season likely will not do for another 2 seasons plus (realisticly).

JGRB is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:51 PM
  #49
LaurentHabs
Wat.
 
LaurentHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I'm sure it would be a whopper of a price tag, no doubt.

That being said it also falls in line with the idea that management has that the team just needs a quick "re-tool" as opposed to a full fledged re-build. Nash would bring instant improvement to the line up, something that our first round pick this season likely will not do for another 2 seasons plus (realisticly).
I'm for the "re-tool" process Flyers style. So I'm not against this. It's just our Defensive depth pool is pretty shallow and (Personally) I don't really like St-Denis. So hopefully if this trade goes through, we have a good backup plan.

On a side note: Do you guys think Geoffrion was a "gift" by Polie for the "Future Considerations" in the Kostitsyn deal?

LaurentHabs is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
  #50
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
On a side note: Do you guys think Geoffrion was a "gift" by Polie for the "Future Considerations" in the Kostitsyn deal
A fleece for a fleece, even if their is no honour amongst thieves or GM's even a broken clock tell us the right time twice a day!

keepcalmandbeninja is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.