HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

All Jeff Carter proposals here

Old
02-16-2012, 04:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador Of Fun View Post
In the Stars system, 2-4 years from now.
Campbell has struggled mightily in the OHL the past two seasons. He has a glittering resume but there are problems with his play of late. I think he will pull out of it, but there is some risk and a certain Steve Mason element to him, that he has gained a ton of pub, but really actually struggled for a little bit now with flaws in his technique.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

vCash: 500
Carter - Ribeiro would be a lethal combo.

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:43 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
yes because benn and eriksson are fragile minded teenagers that won't be able to handle carter's massive ego and nightlife
Are their GF's/wives hot?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:44 PM
txomisc

Id offer up Campbell + Nemeth and maybe Dillon

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
crazy idea here but what if we used a move for carter to start the roster turnover... trading for carter would enable us to move ribeiro now or in the offseason and move from our "Core" being the 30+ players to the here and now players between loui and benn's age
this was my thought, there is someone (albeit a nobody, not even a blogger) claiming that the Flames are interested in Ribeiro.

So maybe a threeway could be worked out(in the offseason because I don't expect it to happen at or before the deadline)?

to DAL: Carter
to CGY: Ribeiro
to CLB: Giordano, 2nd (DAL)

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
eclipse2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
Well crap, what does Columbus expect to get back for a guy who has questionable desire to play in Columbus and what do you even want?

Roster+prospect? You gave up an 8th overall and Voracek for Carter. We don't have an 8th overall we want to give up given what's going to be available with our pick, nor do we have a young 45-55 point winger to give up right now.

We can offer you goaltending futures, but those aren't the most valuable. We can offer you defensive futures, but you have lots of those. We can offer you forward futures, but you don't want those.

We can offer you all three, like Campbell, Glennie, and a later pick to offset the fact these guys have lost a bit of value given their lacking statlines. We can offer you veterans like Ribeiro or Robidas if you want to bolster your now lineup, but I doubt Columbus wants to give them up, or maybe even just flip them.

I could suggest Ribeiro and Ott and some futures for Carter and another one of your underperforming expensive forwards. In fact, I will suggest Ribeiro to you.

Ribeiro, Glennie/Campbell, Klingberg for Carter. You get out of Carter, get some futures.
Id say this could be a very easy deal

Campbell, Olesniak and 2nd
for
Carter

eclipse2411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipse2411 View Post
Id say this could be a very easy deal

Campbell, Olesniak and 2nd
for
Carter
I don't want to give up Oleksiak. Campbell I am ok with giving up. I would be more interested in moving Ribeiro.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Failure View Post
I don't want to give up Oleksiak. Campbell I am ok with giving up. I would be more interested in moving Ribeiro.
I don't have much interest in Campbell or Glennie, truth be told I don't think there is much of a foundation for a deal here. Does Dallas want to commit to Carter, and does Columbus want their prospects? I doubt it.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:23 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I don't have much interest in Campbell or Glennie, truth be told I don't think there is much of a foundation for a deal here. Does Dallas want to commit to Carter, and does Columbus want their prospects? I doubt it.
Might I ask why? Campbell is the most valuable prospect in the Stars' system.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 05:28 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairylikebear View Post
Might I ask why? Campbell is the most valuable prospect in the Stars' system.
I'm not debating his value, which is high, just that I don't think his worth to the Jackets would be nearly as much as the value he commands.

In other words, I don't think he will ever get close to realizing his potential.

Old
02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I'm not debating his value, which is high, just that I don't think his worth to the Jackets would be nearly as much as the value he commands.

In other words, I don't think he will ever get close to realizing his potential.
I haven't followed Campbell. Why do you think that?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchbot 3000 View Post
Carter - Ribeiro would be a lethal combo.
Nash + Carter was supposed to be a lethal combo (or are you referring to the 1-2 Centre punch?).

timw33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 07:13 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
I haven't followed Campbell. Why do you think that?
Too many question marks. He came highly touted, and I haven't seen him do very much since then that has made his stock rise or even stay the same. On somewhat superficial level, you can point to his ridiculously high GAA with Sault Ste. Marie. Never been very impressed with him relative to draft ranking. He has been good at best, in my opinion.

Don't think Columbus should be content settling for an unproven with their assets available. At least go for someone a bit more proven in the NHL or draft a goalie.

Old
02-16-2012, 07:16 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Nash + Carter was supposed to be a lethal combo (or are you referring to the 1-2 Centre punch?).
Actually, most people figured they didn't compliment each other very well. I think Columbus was just happy that they could say Antoine Vermette wasn't their first line center anymore.

Columbus looks like a different team with Carter and Nash on two different lines, which gives them both the opportunity to drive with the puck and dominate.

As much as I hate to say it, would have been really helpful if Huselius was around this year.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:55 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Are their GF's/wives hot?
I don't really know, tbh. I know it seems like Benn has someone new on his arm pretty much every day.

I want no piece of Carter if he costs more than Bachman + Glennie + 2nd (either one). You get an 8th overall pick to make up for what you traded (lawl), and Bachman becomes the best goalie in your system. Glennie might finally get somewhere playing with Calvert, and he's showing some life to begin with. Anything more, and I'll be pissed. This isn't the year to make a trade like that. In the OS, certainly, but not just yet.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
alphafox

All Jeff Carter proposals here

To Washington:
Carter
2nd

To CBJ:
2012 Wash 1st
2012 Colorado 1st
Kuznetsov

Washington finally gets elite depth at Center by adding Carter creating even more match up problems on their front line, and the 31st pick in a deep draft.

meanwhile CBJ get an immediate young upgrade at D and 2 picks in the top 20 for the rebuild. (new ISS ratings put Galchenyuk in the mid to late teens without goalies, could be an ideal pairing with Yakupov at #1)

I am unsure as to what Alzner's value is worth so I apologize if the value is way off, no offense intended.

Last edited by ColePens: 02-16-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Changed Alzner out, obviously to much.
alphafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

no way caps give up both firsts and alzner, that would put us in the hole more than anything. alzner is arguably our best defensive d-man.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:17 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
no way caps give up both firsts and alzner, that would put us in the hole more than anything. alzner is arguably our best defensive d-man.
I'm not sure Columbus should be going after picks. They need to become competitive sooner rather than later.

AbeLincolnsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
alphafox

what about switching out Alzner for kuznetsov? another prospect?

Old
02-16-2012, 10:19 PM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Awful. Awful for Caps.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Holy overpayment.

That could arguably be a better package than what the Flyers got, and his value was a lot higher back then.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Prongo
Beer

Not saying this is the deal that gets Carter, but I have a feeling as a Flyers fan he will end up in Washington and haunt us for years.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Jeff Carter to Florida

Am I the only one that see's the Panthers being interested in him? I mean in my opinion Weiss is a solid second line center, Carter would be a perfect fit for the Panthers.

Quinton Howden
Keaton Ellerby OR Jason Garrison
2nd Round Pick (2012)

Jeff Carter

Edit : Sorry I didn't even realize another topic on Carter was actively being talked about on the forums, still gotta show some support for the Panthers, rarely ever see a proposal or anything on the Trade Rumors forum.

Last edited by MillarWithASave: 02-16-2012 at 10:32 PM.
MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:25 PM
third man in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
Arguably? As to the trade that's too rich for my blood. Carter can keep his partying ass in C-bus.

third man in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 10:26 PM
alphafox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
That could arguably be a better package than what the Flyers got, and his value was a lot higher back then.
Really? The Caps and Colorado picks at this point are #11 and #13. The caps will only get better with carter dropping that pick into the high teens at least.

Cbus gave up Vorecek (6th overall) their 2011 6th overall and a third. I didn't realize the value of Alzner apparently.