HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXIII

View Poll Results: What will the sens do at the deadline?
Buy 23 19.01%
Sell 12 9.92%
Nothing 86 71.07%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 12:11 AM
Sens Mile

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Alright, you have scouted the last four Avs games and the last three Lake Erie Monsters(AHL affiliate) games.

Colorado have scouted your last five games.

What do you guys think is going on?
Bruce Garrioch said TJ Gallaradi previously. Murray has also stated he would not mind youth for youth trades. Im thinking possibly a guy like Foligno for Gallaradi with some prospects from Lake Erie to split the difference

Old
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Ouroboros

Quote:
Alright, you have scouted the last four Avs games and the last three Lake Erie Monsters(AHL affiliate) games.

How highly do you guys think of Cam Gaunce?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:

Murray said he wants young guys who fit the rebuild, top 6 forward who isn't a rental. What fits the bill in Colorado?

Jones, Galiardi? Maybe even Stastny?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:22 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Galiardi makes sense, as he appears to be the odd man out in Colorado and is young, but I'd think the Avs would want a young defenseman.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:26 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Well, we have Anderson and Lehner. Wouldn't hurt to have a bit more goalie depht. That's an asset we will keep. I would gladly spend a 3rd on it. Bishop is 6'7, maybe we could build his value in the next few years so when Lehner is really ready, we get back our investment and even make a profit.

3 goals, 1 assist, +2. But people told me he is a 2nd liner at best? I'm confused.
He has one good game, but lets not go blowing our load here. He is a good player that played great today, it happens.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:29 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Mile View Post
Bruce Garrioch said TJ Gallaradi previously. Murray has also stated he would not mind youth for youth trades. Im thinking possibly a guy like Foligno for Gallaradi with some prospects from Lake Erie to split the difference
Doubtful for foligno. I assume you mean galiardi (And not gallaradi) who has not done as well as Nicky in the NHL... Not a great move by any means.

Usually you upgrade a position.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
3 goals, 1 assist, +2. But people told me he is a 2nd liner at best? I'm confused.
Brown is a 2nd liner, albeit a a very good one. You're probably the only fan on here who thinks otherwise.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:45 AM
MAK19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Doubtful for foligno. I assume you mean galiardi (And not gallaradi) who has not done as well as Nicky in the NHL... Not a great move by any means.

Usually you upgrade a position.
With Foligno being buried on the 4th line right now, getting a guy like Galiardi who would do just fine on that line might not hurt the team.

That said Foligno doesn't make sense unless there is a significant + with Galiardi, simply because he is a better player and has performed better. Unless the + is Elliott, I'm not interested, but we know that ain't happening from the Avs point of view. Not a fan of Barrie. Don't see anything else of interest.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:47 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Stone + 1st rounder for Ruutu? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yes please to Bishop. We need more depth in net, and someone else to push Lehner. The cost to acquire Bishop should be relatively cheap imo. 3rd rounder is nothing for a fully developed goaltender...

Old
02-26-2012, 12:47 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
With Foligno being buried on the 4th line right now, getting a guy like Galiardi who would do just fine on that line might not hurt the team.

That said Foligno doesn't make sense unless there is a significant + with Galiardi, simply because he is a better player and has performed better. Unless the + is Elliott, I'm not interested, but we know that ain't happening from the Avs point of view. Not a fan of Barrie. Don't see anything else of interest.
I don't even know why he's on the 4th line he produces on the second line, and no one else is really doing that on the left wing at all.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
MAK19

Quote:
I don't even know why he's on the 4th line he produces on the second line, and no one else is really doing that on the left wing at all.
They love Greening for some reason. To be fair though, when Foligno was on the 2nd line, he didn't score much either. Didn't he just break an 18 game goalless streak with the EN against the Caps?

Old
02-26-2012, 01:08 AM
FrontenacSens

Re: Ben Bishop
If the price is a third, Murray traded a third for Filatov so why wouldn't he trade a third for Bishop

Re: Colorado
There is most likely something going on, I wouldn't mind getting David Jones(6goals past 10games)

Old
02-26-2012, 01:09 AM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
They love Greening for some reason. To be fair though, when Foligno was on the 2nd line, he didn't score much either. Didn't he just break an 18 game goalless streak with the EN against the Caps?
Yeah for sure, all I'm saying is he is our best LW. He may hit 40+ points on a line with Turris and Alfie and that's pretty good, he isn't amazing but has some really great games and posseses higher talent than shown every day.

Trading him for galiardi is not a great idea.

I like greening too but IMO he's a third liner. Fast skater, strong, can get infront of the net but doesn't have the skill to be a top 6er putting up higher points at least not now.

Next year we may get a lot better still, Our biggest concern should be talent on the blue line. With Zbad silfverberg Dacosta petersson stone etc Pushing to come in, a trade for a forward seems less urgent than a trade for a defenseman.

We really need another 1-4 guy.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 AM
Mephias

Quote:

If it's true that Ottawa has been scouting the AHL team as well, I think there may be interest in Cedrick Desjardins, in addition to whatever forward on the NHL team the Sens want.

We need a goalie with Anderson out, and Desjardins should come cheap, and looks like he could be ready for the NHL.

A lot of people mention Ben Bishop, but Desjardins is another guy that puts very, very good AHL numbers and has yet to get a true shot at the NHL.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 AM
BK201

What I don't understand is why Ottawa would trade for a higher thought of AHL goalie prosoect when we already have a top AHL goalie prospect in lehner it seems like a lateral move. If you give another guy a shot why not just lehner?

What separates these other guys from lehner?

Old
02-26-2012, 01:32 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Foligno for Galliardi would be terrible for Ottawa. Foligno is a better player in almost every facet of the game and Galliardi is not a top 6 solution.

I'm guessing we're looking into one of their youngish defenders, David Jones or even Paul Stastny. Stastny has been a guy in rumours for awhile and he fits into what Murray is looking for. He'd cost a lot but would obviously vastly improve this team now and in the future. Is he capable of playing wing? He'd look amazing with Turris and Alfie.

Bishop also makes sense. If we can get him for a 3rd, that's a deal we should make. Sign him and we actually have some goaltending depth in the organization. I'm fine with giving Lehner the ball to run with right now but Bishop is older and more NHL ready.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:35 AM
Philadelphia Collins

Bishop has had close to 5 seasons in the AHL so far compared to Lehner's one. Winning the Calder Cup was huge for Lehner's development, but he should really get a full season in the AHL where he's playing great before he takes a back-up role playing 10-20 games a season behind Anderson. Lehner hasn't really had a great season thus far, and there's no reason to believe he's NHL-ready yet

That being said, if Murray and Maclean think it's a good idea for him to back up Anderson next year and get more NHL experience, I'll trust their judgement.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Sens Mile

Quote:
What I don't understand is why Ottawa would trade for a higher thought of AHL goalie prosoect when we already have a top AHL goalie prospect in lehner it seems like a lateral move. If you give another guy a shot why not just lehner?

What separates these other guys from lehner?
Save percentage, maturity, and age. Lets look at the perennial playoff NHL organizations out there: Vancouver, Boston, Nashville, etc which all have solid goaltending foundations due to two available NHL starters. The purpose of starting NHL goaltenders are for primarily two functions: 1. Winning games for their team 2. Developing and working with the back-up. Tuuka Rask, Lindback, and Schnider have all been beneficiaries for working with their elite goaltenders. If we could develop Bishop as a back-up behind Anderson for the next two or so years, we would have a sustainable goaltending situation in which we can rest Anderson far more and yet be comfortable with who we have in net.

Lehner is young and still needs development in the AHL, the hardest position to develop is a goaltender. While he has the potential to be a starter for us down the road, he is just far to green at this point. He has a .905 save % coupled with 8 wins and 16 losses this season. This can be partially attributed to the fact that he has a crappy team yet at this point he is just an average AHL goaltender.

With Bishop in the mix, gives Lehner time to develop, gives Ottawa a succession plan with goaltenders, and potentially gives Lehner a goaltending partner, three years down the road.

Now I am aware Bishop will need like 17GP or something to qualify as a RFA. Not particularly interested unless we can get a contract extension prior to a trade or if the backup role would count towards the contract. That being said, if Ottawa offered him 1-way money, he'd be a fool to turn it down

Old
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Foligno for Galliardi would be terrible for Ottawa. Foligno is a better player in almost every facet of the game and Galliardi is not a top 6 solution.

I'm guessing we're looking into one of their youngish defenders, David Jones or even Paul Stastny. Stastny has been a guy in rumours for awhile and he fits into what Murray is looking for. He'd cost a lot but would obviously vastly improve this team now and in the future. Is he capable of playing wing? He'd look amazing with Turris and Alfie.

Bishop also makes sense. If we can get him for a 3rd, that's a deal we should make. Sign him and we actually have some goaltending depth in the organization. I'm fine with giving Lehner the ball to run with right now but Bishop is older and more NHL ready.
If the Murray's were offered a package where maybe a draft pick and a defenceman prospect split the difference, IE: We additionally throw in Gryba and Avalance add Lake Erie prospect X it would atleast have to be discussed. Winger jobs are going to be squeezed with the prospects coming through the organization in the coming years. Our depth on wing is pretty strong.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Would any of you guys be in favor of trade based on Cowen for Stastny?

Colorado fans seems interested in Cowen and some of them think Stastny could be traded. I personally would do it. It would hurt to see Cowen go but I mean you gotta give to get and with our 1st rounder I think we could snatch a good D so the damage could be limited.

Just throwing it out there, don't kill me.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
topshelfie

Stastny is a centre and we already have Spezza, Turris, Smith on our top 3 lines going forward, I don't see a fit there. I''d also like to see Cowen in playoff games and next season his value should go up more.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

If we were trading Cowen, it would be for a much bigger piece than Stastny.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:13 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Cowen is an untouchable. We don't have anyone who can fill his shoes in the organization long term. Our D situation would actually be very poor if we were to trade him. Rundblad, Cowen, Kuba and Gonchar likely all gone by next year. Yikes.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Bishop would be very interesting... in a package with Chris Stewartttttttt!
Foligno + 3rd for Bishop and Stewart?

Maybe a bit more from us perhaps?

But I'd love Bishop, the 6'7 tank... Him and Lehner would have a proper fight for the backup job... If we get Bish, we'd be a lot more awesome... Plus it's nice to have the depth...

Old
02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Would any of you guys be in favor of trade based on Cowen for Stastny?

Colorado fans seems interested in Cowen and some of them think Stastny could be traded. I personally would do it. It would hurt to see Cowen go but I mean you gotta give to get and with our 1st rounder I think we could snatch a good D so the damage could be limited.

Just throwing it out there, don't kill me.
They would have to give more then Stastny if they sent a package that included O'Reily i think they should look at it.

Closed Thread