HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#58 | SABRES vs CANADIENS | FRI FEB 17 | 07:30PM ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2012, 10:27 PM
  #226
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18,208
vCash: 326
Every home team elects to go first because the stats say the team that shoots first wins something like 60% of the time.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:31 PM
  #227
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
4-3 so loss. sabres drop to 15th, as canes have more regulation/ot wins.
I heard WGR throw that tiebreaker stat out there too, but they are WRONG.

Carolina now has 22 wins while the Sabres still have 24. They are now tied in points because Carolina has 4 more OTL points.

So Buffalo still is in 14th!

YAY!

UPDATE: I forgot they throw out shootout wins....so Carolina DOES have more reg wins and now slides into 14th place.

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:33 PM
  #228
Woodhouse
Registered User
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 8,384
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
I heard WGR throw that tiebreaker stat out there too, but they are WRONG.

Carolina now has 22 wins while the Sabres still have 24. They are now tied in points because Carolina has 4 more OTL points.

So Buffalo still is in 14th!

YAY!
Sorry, but you're wrong.

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:33 PM
  #229
Dixon Ward
Fire SOMEONE
 
Dixon Ward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: District of Columbia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squantosawuss View Post
So Buffalo still is in 14th!

YAY!
not according to nhl.com

Dixon Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:48 PM
  #230
Squantosawuss
Registered User
 
Squantosawuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: B-lo
Country: Angola
Posts: 1,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixon Ward View Post
not according to nhl.com
Apparently nobody read the update I edited in literally 20 seconds after I made the post.

It read something like this:
UPDATE: I forgot they throw out shootout wins....so Carolina DOES have more reg wins and now slides into 14th place.





You'll get your high draft pick, keep your shirt on!

Squantosawuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:10 PM
  #231
minuteater
does not cohmpeet
 
minuteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 715
vCash: 500
Edit: Mods, please delete. I meant to post this in the GBU.


Last edited by minuteater: 02-17-2012 at 11:16 PM.
minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:37 AM
  #232
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Every home team elects to go first because the stats say the team that shoots first wins something like 60% of the time.
that makes sense, I still would rather shoot second though put the pressure on the other team....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:45 AM
  #233
puckish66
Registered User
 
puckish66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Vanuatu
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
I think I'm going to do a study re opponents' PP% after Vanek penalties. I'd venture a guess it is at or around 40%.
Sabres have killed off 18 of Vanek's 23 penalties, making opponents' success rate 21.7%.

Your impression is probably colored by the fact that in the New Year, opponents have scored three of the six times Vanek has taken a penalty. I'm not counting last night, which felt like a power play goal.

puckish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM
  #234
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Got to factor in its a friday night....
...what is there to even do in buffalo??

Had to get that in there.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.