HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

12-13 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Part 4: Locked Out

Old
09-28-2012, 07:31 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

vCash: 500
Nice to finally see people talk. I realize the draft is tomorrow but I figure I set some small alarms in a few of you so you don't forget this league .

I don't know why but I cannot set you as co-commissioner, CCF. The box is greyed out for everyone.

The only box I can check for co-commissioner is myself...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Maybe I can only do it when the season starts?

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:36 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
Nice to finally see people talk. I realize the draft is tomorrow but I figure I set some small alarms in a few of you so you don't forget this league .

I don't know why but I cannot set you as co-commissioner. The box is greyed out for everyone.

The only box I can check for co-commissioner is myself...which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Maybe I can only do it when the season starts?
You should make yourself co-commissioner.

How do you set your keepers?

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-28-2012, 07:38 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockH View Post
Edit: Also, anyone have any rookies available?
Cam Fowler, Derek Stepan, Matt Read, and Slava Voynov

Old
09-28-2012, 07:39 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
You should make yourself co-commissioner.

How do you set your keepers?
Two choices for setting keepers

Offline.
Online.....test year on yahoo.

Go to My Team and the countdown timer, the very bottom line there's a line called "You should choose your keeper players before the commissioner finalizes keepers." Click on the blue part of that line.

Or just go to My team and the bar underneath it, go to the very right there's a button called "Keepers" click that and set your keepers.

Note to everyone, this is if the season were to start on time. "Your commissioner has set Sunday October 7, 2012, as your league's deadline for declaring your keepers. You can make and edit your selections until 11:59pm PT on Saturday October 6, 2012."

Last edited by CRDragon: 09-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old
10-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Eddie Vedder

My other keeper league had its draft last night based on our most positive hopes and dreams for the lockout.

How'd I do??:

50 Shades of Eberle
1. (2) Nail Yakupov
(Edm - RW)
2. (4) Tyler Myers
(Buf - D)
3. (16) Brad Marchand
(Bos - C,LW)
4. (26) Tobias Enstrom
(Wpg - D)
5. (38) Brent Burns
(SJ - D)
6. (40) John Carlson
(Was - D)
7. (46) Patrik Elias
(NJ - C,LW)
8. (50) Blake Wheeler
(Wpg - RW)
9. (56) Jakub Voracek
(Phi - RW)
10. (57) Michael Cammalleri
(Cgy - C,LW)
11. (98) Sean Couturier
(Phi - C)
12. (110) Patrice Bergeron
(Bos - C)
13. (122) Antti Niemi
(SJ - G)
14. (134) Matt Duchene
(Col - C,LW)
15. (146) Zdeno Chara
(Bos - D)
16. (158) Cam Ward
(Car - G)
17. (170) Jordan Eberle
(Edm - RW)
18. (182) Jason Spezza
(Ott - C)
19. (206) Zach Parise
(Min - LW)
20. (218) Sidney Crosby
(Pit - C)

Rest of the teams: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.co...?drafttab=team

G
A
+/-
PIM
PPP
SOG
FW
BLK
W
GAA
SV%

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:05 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

At work, can't check the CBA. Assuming we're still able to make trades (since keepers aren't locked)...basically I want rookie(s), I have an extra non-rookie keeper. Make me an offer. Two of Keith/Neal/Backstrom/Hiller/Niemi/Karlsson are being left behind. I do not consider those 6 players all equals, but they are all potentially on the board depending on the quality of the rookie(s) offered. I'm also interested in picks.

I'll also look at the rookies others mentioned, but I'm not really interested in trading draft picks so it's probably a dead-end if my keepers for your rookies doesn't interest you.

BrockH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 12:08 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

And EV...man, you need to label the fact that your last 10 players were keepers. I couldn't figure out wtf was going on until I went to the actual league page. At work, so I'll look in more detail later.

Old
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockH View Post
I'll also look at the rookies others mentioned, but I'm not really interested in trading draft picks so it's probably a dead-end if my keepers for your rookies doesn't interest you.
I'm sure your keepers for rookies will not interest you either.
I'm free to talk trades with you if you don't need significant picks back.

Old
10-05-2012, 04:25 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
I'm sure your keepers for my rookies will not interest you either.
I'm free to talk trades with you if you don't need significant picks back.
Fixed I think? Not sure what you meant otherwise.

Throw me an offer. I've gotten interest, but no offers. Ultimately, I'll take whatever I can get for those guys. A rookie's preferred, but if not, a pick works. If it's on the low end and that's the best I get, then so be it.

Old
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Tiranis

I'm looking to get a rookie to fill my 2nd rookie slot. Available are Nash, Loui Eriksson, Bergeron, and Carlson. Might have somebody else available too if it's a great rookie. (To be honest, aside from Malkin and Letang nobody is off limits, I'm just not actively shopping them.)

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Eddie Vedder

Marcus Foligno could be had in trade. hit me up with offers, rookie craving people.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:12 PM
safeco1999

I came across this thread and was curious- so I read your league's rules. I found it so odd, because the document looks very similar to what I created 6+ years ago for a baseball league. It was then ripped off by Y2KCanucks/Pauser.

Obviously the rules have been altered somewhat to fit your guys' league but things like Rookie eligibility, fairplay, FA Draft (complete with supplementary picks), streaming, long-term injuries, etc all came from me.

Touchdown Sports blatently ripped off of my original work and if anything, credit at the bottom should be given to me, not this Touchdown Sports bullcrap, which I'm pretty sure the Pauser/Y2KCanucks is behind.

If you want proof: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/keeperleague07/ scroll to "files" and take a look at the rules there, which was updated in 2009 with new formatting and such. If you can't see it, I can give you another link elsewhere.

safeco1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by safeco1999 View Post
I came across this thread and was curious- so I read your league's rules. I found it so odd, because the document looks very similar to what I created 6+ years ago for a baseball league. It was then ripped off by Y2KCanucks/Pauser.

Obviously the rules have been altered somewhat to fit your guys' league but things like Rookie eligibility, fairplay, FA Draft (complete with supplementary picks), streaming, long-term injuries, etc all came from me.

Touchdown Sports blatently ripped off of my original work and if anything, credit at the bottom should be given to me, not this Touchdown Sports bullcrap, which I'm pretty sure the Pauser/Y2KCanucks is behind.

If you want proof: http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/keeperleague07/ scroll to "files" and take a look at the rules there, which was updated in 2009 with new formatting and such. If you can't see it, I can give you another link elsewhere.

I was waiting for the person he stole that from to show up.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:29 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Funny how the person from the original league split shows up. The rules were a combination of everyone's input.

Ah well, not worth rehashing all this yet again over.

10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Funny how the person from the original league split shows up. The rules were a combination of everyone's input.

Ah well, not worth rehashing all this yet again over.
Dont be mean, he even commented on your gillette fan audition tape thing!

You could at least apologize for stealing his work. Especially after you threatened us for using the same document after you left this league.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:39 PM
safeco1999

Everyone's input.. haha.. barely.

He was running a league in 05 with no rules or anything. I decided to set up a written set of rules with everything laid out. The whole structure of the document is ripped off directly from me.

Other people have enjoyed my "template" and used it, but they had the decency to let me know about it. It's a compliment to me that others can appreciate my work. But ripping me off and then justifying it by saying silly things like "other peoples input" and "i modified it" and all that is bad enough, but to actually have that document out there and give HIM credit for it is an insult.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Everyone's input.. haha.. barely.

He was running a league in 05 with no rules or anything. I decided to set up a written set of rules with everything laid out. The whole structure of the document is ripped off directly from me.

Other people have enjoyed my "template" and used it, but they had the decency to let me know about it. It's a compliment to me that others can appreciate my work. But ripping me off and then justifying it by saying silly things like "other peoples input" and "i modified it" and all that is bad enough, but to actually have that document out there and give HIM credit for it is an insult.
Well I appreciate it, fella. Thanks for helping our league be fun. Thanks for not threatening to sue us for using it, which has been done previously.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
safeco1999

hahah like anyone can actually sue for anything. I just hope whoever the commissioner is actually removes "touchdown sports" as the credit. It's not his, and thieves should not be credited.

Old
10-05-2012, 08:55 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Quote:
hahah like anyone can actually sue for anything. I just hope whoever the commissioner is actually removes "touchdown sports" as the credit. It's not his, and thieves should not be credited.
That can be done.

Old
10-05-2012, 09:04 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Ok I've started a new thread...needed some freshness

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1267853