HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - Part 4: Locked Out

Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

vCash: 500
Sigh.

Brain Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:49 AM
Tiranis

What a tight race at the top of the standings. 221 points for Brock, 220 for CRD, and 219 for me.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

"Powerful, hard-working, violent guy" - Marc Crawford describing Zack Kassian

Oh yeah... come to Balls.

Balls Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:57 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
Just to clarify:
max 1 skater spot start
and
max 2 goalie spot starts

per week.
Can I get some clarification on the CBA though? It's ambiguous as it is. I proposed some modifications to clarify the ambiguity. Instead of accepting/rejecting the clarifications, people started saying "lets eliminate the spot start rule completely" and stuff like that.

It's fine to change the rule, but that takes a vote. First things first, we need to clarify the current rule. I proposed the following. I know it's long, but I think it clears up any potential for misunderstandings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockH View Post
Here's my proposed wording for clarification. I've bolded the modifcations I made:
Part 1 – Add/Drops cap
a. Teams will be granted a maximum of 1 skater spot start per week, and 2 goalie spot starts per week. Spot starts are defined as picking up a player, starting the player in a game within 48 hours of being acquired, and releasing the player within 48 hours of that game's finish.
b. If the player being dropped is expected to be scratched (due to injury or coaches decision – an external source is needed for verification), then the replacement player will not be considered a spot start even if they otherwise meet the criteria in (a).
c. Each manager is allotted a maximum of three add/drops per week. Add/drops in the case of player injury do not count towards the weekly limit. To count as an add/drop the manager must both drop a player from his lineup and add a replacement player. Simply adding a player (without dropping another) does not count as an add/drop. The add/drop limit will reset each week on Monday at 12:00:01 am PST.
d. For the purposes of this section, adds/drops are considered to be effective at the time that they show up on the Yahoo roster (i.e. at midnight PST following the add/drop request made by the manager).

BrockH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:24 AM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

What if you drop a DTD player?
Wouldn't that still be technically an "injury" add?

Other than that, I have no problems with the rest....even though I was against adding IR players not counting towards the total.

CRDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 07:57 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDragon View Post
What if you drop a DTD player?
Wouldn't that still be technically an "injury" add?

Other than that, I have no problems with the rest....even though I was against adding IR players not counting towards the total.
I'll adjust b to:
Quote:
b. If there is a reasonable expectation that the player being dropped is will be scratched for his next game (due to injury or coaches decision an external source is needed for verification), then the replacement player will not be considered a spot start even if they otherwise meet the criteria in (a).

Old
02-28-2012, 08:47 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

LEHNER! Shutout against the defending champs! Great statement game.

ubiquitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

KassianMania is running wild brother!

Old
02-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

I am still confused a little about the Sunday thing and it going to the nearest midnight (i.e. at midnight PST following the add/drop request made by the manager). Does that mean if you pick up a player on Sunday afternoon, it counts as Monday?

Old
02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light Mosquito View Post
I am still confused a little about the Sunday thing and it going to the nearest midnight (i.e. at midnight PST following the add/drop request made by the manager). Does that mean if you pick up a player on Sunday afternoon, it counts as Monday?
Nowhere does it say "nearest" midnight. It says at the time they show up on your roster, which would be the next midnight. If you add a player Sunday afternoon, it shows up Monday morning (12:00am) so yes, it would count as Monday.

Last edited by BrockH: 02-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old
02-29-2012, 12:08 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Happy Birthday Cam Ward...he's 7 years old!

Old
02-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Eddie Vedder

I cannot express how deeply absurd this roster move banter has been.

Absolutely blows my mind.

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

Quote:
Nowhere does it say "nearest" midnight. It says at the time they show up on your roster, which would be the next midnight. If you add a player Sunday afternoon, it shows up Monday morning (12:00am) so yes, it would count as Monday.
Oh I see. Ok, confusing wording. Well technically the following midnight is the "nearest" midnight, but whatever semantics.

Old
03-01-2012, 01:00 PM
CRDragon
\_(シ)_/

Anybody interested in David Booth?
Willing to trade him for a pick.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh I see. Ok, confusing wording. Well technically the following midnight is the "nearest" midnight, but whatever semantics.
Actually, if it's 12:30am then the nearest midnight is the one 30min before then.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:33 PM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

I'd be willing to trade a late pic for a competent depth center from a decent +/- team. I also have no rookies, so I wouldn't mind if the center was a rookie. I could also use a depth d-man that's a rookie.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

So 221 was the cut-off for playoffs last year. Some teams are already approaching that mark. I'm curious to see how things switch around in the last few weeks of the season.

Old
03-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Canucksrock

As Trade Deadline nears I would like to remind everyone that everyone except for Cody, Kovy and Gabs are available on my team. Make me an offer and I most likely won't be able to refuse in a couple days

Canucksrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 09:57 PM
Brain Sergeant
Squirrel!

Quote:
Actually, if it's 12:30am then the nearest midnight is the one 30min before then.
Yeah but in the context of an add/drop that doesnt make any sense. Also, now you're just being silly. Why would anyone assume, in the context of this discussion that is what it would mean. "Hey I picked this player up on Saturday but I mean it was so close to 12 am the previous day it was obviously Friday!" Especially considering it would still actually, technically be the same day. I mean if you want to try to continue lawyering, and then denying lawyering. We can do this all week. I am sure there will continue to be obligatory EV posts about how silly this discussion this is. Then long winded posts that are like 20 paragraphs by you that are all about how if the midnight falls on Winter Solstice then technically its actually the previous Fall, but no one will actually ever know because TL;DR. I like this game, its silly and fun. Or, we could just continue to assume no one actually cares, and keep biting on clear bait posts to continue allowing people to take the piss out of each other.

Last edited by Brain Sergeant: 03-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old
03-01-2012, 11:02 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Quick CRD. Pick up Mason again!

Old
03-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Balls Mahoney
SAVE US SVEN

That is all.

Old
03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Yeah but in the context of an add/drop that doesnt make any sense. Also, now you're just being silly. Why would anyone assume, in the context of this discussion that is what it would mean. "Hey I picked this player up on Saturday but I mean it was so close to 12 am the previous day it was obviously Friday!" Especially considering it would still actually, technically be the same day. I mean if you want to try to continue lawyering, and then denying lawyering. We can do this all week. I am sure there will continue to be obligatory EV posts about how silly this discussion this is. Then long winded posts that are like 20 paragraphs by you that are all about how if the midnight falls on Winter Solstice then technically its actually the previous Fall, but no one will actually ever know because TL;DR. I like this game, its silly and fun. Or, we could just continue to assume no one actually cares, and keep biting on clear bait posts to continue allowing people to take the piss out of each other.

As per your request.

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 01:25 AM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
*sigh*

Ryan Miller. Where was this earlier in the year?

CCF23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 09:20 PM
ubiquitous
*shink*

Anddddd I think it's time to bench my 'tenders.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:52 AM
BrockH
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If you pick a player up at 12:30am Saturday and the rule says "the add counts at the nearest midnight" then I sure as hell would call you out for it counting at 12:00am Saturday. Obviously it's not the person breaking the rule who's going to call themselves on it. If that meant you broke the rules, I would expect you to be penalized. If it says "the next" instead then it's 12:00am Sunday (i.e. 23.5 hours later), and I would have no case for filing a grievance. So yes, the distinction is a material difference.

Beyond which, clearly this entire discussion has stemmed from the fact that the rule was still slightly ambiguous; hence showing the need for specifics and clarity. I'm seriously getting sick of your "lawyering" ********. If you can come up with a clear version of the rule that has no loop holes and no opportunities for abuse then go ahead. Otherwise, shut the hell up. Just because I say what I mean to say and you're too bloody lazy to isn't my fault. Learn to use the English language properly. At the very least stop being a critical ass and start providing something constructive like an alternative (instead of bashing me for trying to cover all possible interpretations).

As for the bolded part, I have no idea what you are even talking about since a pickup at 12:30am Saturday wouldn't count till 12:00am Sunday so it's not at all the same day.