Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Old timers hockey

Old
02-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Btown

vCash: 500
Old timers hockey

Didnt know if any of you knew this but there is an old timers team of old Bruins going from city to city. I went last night in St. Cathrines and it was great.
Just to name a few:
Ray Bourque
Terry O'Reilly
Middleton
Linesman
Sweeney
And more..
They also announced where they we're going after the game to sign autographs. I went and got Taz and Bourques autographs.
Taz might have been the nicest guy in the world, we acually had a conversation about Seguins shoot out goal against the Habs. I'm not sure if Bourque was having a bad day or something but he was kinda a dick...
Just wanted you guys to know they have more games coming up its worth a look see.
Also all ticket revenue gos to charity

Btown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
ODAAT

Geez Btown, had me fooled here, read the thread title too quickly and jumped on here expecting to see some old time clips of games gone by with epic scraps

He (Bourque) musta had a bad day, I related a story a few times here about an experience I had with Ray (I work as a Waiter) and served him and many NHL`ers over the years when living in Ottawa, I`ll tell ya one thing, from my experience, he was one of the most patient players out there, not one fan didn`t get something signed, or a pic taken...........his only rule was this was done ONLY once the boys finished their meals, when eating, that was their time, once done, I`ve seen him stick around, as well as those with him, for a half hour/45 mins

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Btown

That's great to hear because Ray Bourque was my hero growing up. I assume he was just tired or having an off day.
Good to hear he isn't a ******.
Now Terry O was probobly the nicest guy I've ever
met I actually had a conversation with him and his parents who were there. (he's a cousin of mine and I just met him for the first time)
I also went outside for a smoke and was joined by Chris Neilan he seemed pretty classy aswell....

Btown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:26 PM
NotedToughGuyDKrejci

vCash: 2769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btown View Post
That's great to hear because Ray Bourque was my hero growing up. I assume he was just tired or having an off day.
Good to hear he isn't a ******.
Now Terry O was probobly the nicest guy I've ever
met I actually had a conversation with him and his parents who were there. (he's a cousin of mine and I just met him for the first time)
I also went outside for a smoke and was joined by Chris Neilan he seemed pretty classy aswell....
Ray probably made a turnover in the game and was pissed off. He was so competitive that I could see him being pissed for days over a mistake in an old-timers game.

NotedToughGuyDKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:04 PM
RustyBruins72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Geez Btown, had me fooled here, read the thread title too quickly and jumped on here expecting to see some old time clips of games gone by with epic scraps

He (Bourque) musta had a bad day, I related a story a few times here about an experience I had with Ray (I work as a Waiter) and served him and many NHL`ers over the years when living in Ottawa, I`ll tell ya one thing, from my experience, he was one of the most patient players out there, not one fan didn`t get something signed, or a pic taken...........his only rule was this was done ONLY once the boys finished their meals, when eating, that was their time, once done, I`ve seen him stick around, as well as those with him, for a half hour/45 mins
Andrew. Did you get to meet Ray when he was here in Saskatoon for the World Juniors? I was working the event for the NHL Network and got to meet Ray and get my picture taken with him after the gold medal game. Very nice and very accomodating.

RustyBruins72 is offline   Reply With Quote