HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruce Boudreau for Head Coach?

View Poll Results: Would you hire Bruce Boudreau to coach the Kings?
Yes - fire TM and bring in Boudreau 27 39.13%
No - Stay with TM as the head coach for the rest of the season 42 60.87%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2011, 09:02 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Bruce Boudreau for Head Coach?

Thoughts? Personally, I'd welcome the change.

His playoff record has stunk, of this there is no question. That said, at the pace we're on, we won't even get there under TM (overly dramatic I know, but TM's system is starting to look like it's run its course).

We have long complained of not getting as much out of our offense as we'd like, and Boudreau is a more offensively orientated coach than TM is currently. He also has more passion in his left ear lobe than TM has shown on the bench, so no more blank stares down the rink caught on camera

Fastest NHL coach to 200 wins in the modern era, would you prefer Boudreau over TM if you had to make the choice right now?

Old
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Shellz

No way. Now that Paul Maurice is fired. I would rather look a him. But still, might not even be worth it.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:18 AM
Mattias

Paul Maurice or BB is fine by me.

Change is good.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Moses Doughty
LA's offense offends

I said yes but thats in order to hire Maurice, I think hed have more success with us tbh

Old
11-28-2011, 09:24 AM
SuperAlmeida

I hope we fire Murray and replace him with ex. Kings player and now ass. coach in Penguins, Tony Granato! Then fire Stevens and replace him with Adam Deadmarsh. Deadmarsh also has a connection to the LA Kings, and today he is ass. coach in Colorado Avalanche.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:24 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

No thanks, for better or worse I think our team is better suited for Terry Murray type of hockey than the system Boudreau employs. We don't have anywhere near the offensive talent needed to make it work. I mean hell, it didn't even work out for Washington.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Maurice and Murray are too similar for me. The fat little man yells too much.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
No way. Now that Paul Maurice is fired. I would rather look a him. But still, might not even be worth it.
Not to argue with you or anything, because that's not my intent, but why would you hire him? Personally, I don't want him.

Yes, he has a cup finals berth, which I agree is a great asset to have from a coach, but beyond that I don't see any reason to hire him.

He's 439-420-159 in 14 seasons, including three partial seasons. He's made the playoffs just four times, missed the playoffs eight times and moved past the first round only twice in his career.

Currently, the Hurricanes are 8-13-4 and 26th in league.

Maurice to me has always been an overrated coach who seems to have made a career more for his connections on a personal level to Hurricanes management than for any coaching genius.

But I may be wrong. Why would you hire him though?

Old
11-28-2011, 09:28 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Bruce Boudreau and Dean Lombardi?

That marriage would last about as long as Kim K's.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Boudreau isn't the answer. Look at what he had to work with in Washington, he is the opposite of Murray in a bad way. Even with that supercharged roster, Washington isn't scoring as much as they should and are letting in way too many goals. He hasn't proven that he can do much in the postseason either.

Maurice is an interesting option, but I can't say I am all too familiar with his philosophy, and looking at his past record, there isn't a whole lot of motivation though.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 11-28-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old
11-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Fripp

Nope. There's a ton of coaching talent in the CHL and AHL - grab someone from there.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Not to argue with you or anything, because that's not my intent, but why would you hire him? Personally, I don't want him.

Yes, he has a cup finals berth, which I agree is a great asset to have from a coach, but beyond that I don't see any reason to hire him.

He's 439-420-159 in 14 seasons, including three partial seasons. He's made the playoffs just four times, missed the playoffs eight times and moved past the first round only twice in his career.

Currently, the Hurricanes are 8-13-4 and 26th in league.

Maurice to me has always been an overrated coach who seems to have made a career more for his connections on a personal level to Hurricanes management than for any coaching genius.

But I may be wrong. Why would you hire him though?
I saw I would rather look at him. Not hire him. Hence "it probably wouldn't be worth it" as in, it probably wouldn't be worth it to hire him.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Of note, the last time the Kings went out and hired someone who was not at the NHL level (NHl head coach or asst. coach) was Barry Melrose. And prior to Barry, I'm not even sure if they had ever done that before. Funny that, other than Melrose, we've really never taken a shot on someone without NHL experience before. Maybe it's time to do so?

Old
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
The "no" answer is not a good option. I don't want Bruce, but I don't want Terry for the rest of the year either.

Someone should let Dean know that it is "fire your coach" week.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I saw I would rather look at him. Not hire him. Hence "it probably wouldn't be worth it" as in, it probably wouldn't be worth it to hire him.
Come on Shellz, don't mince words like that. "Look at him. Not hire him." Why would you look without considering to hire him? All I was asking was why would you consider it? And I was asking honestly, seeking your input, not sarcasticly. Why would you "look at him?"

Old
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
The "no" answer is not a good option. I don't want Bruce, but I don't want Terry for the rest of the year either.

Someone should let Dean know that it is "fire your coach" week.
The only reason I put that there is I suspect that DL will keep TM all season and not fire him for anyone, but I agree, in hindsight, I should have added a third option "Fire TM for a different coach other than Boudreau."

Old
11-28-2011, 09:49 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Tony Granator, Bob Boughner, anyone but Boudreau or Terry Murray

Old
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM
johnjm22

I'm NOT in favor of firing Terry Murray.

But if it was going to happen, I'd prefer a hungry up & coming coach from from the AHL/CHL. Someone like Kevin Dineen. I've been really impressed with what he's done for the Panthers.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Where is the "other" option? I don't want TM to stay as coach, but DEAR GOD, I don't want Boudreau anywhere near this team. If you watched 24/7 last year and still want him as coach, you're insane.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Come on Shellz, don't mince words like that. "Look at him. Not hire him." Why would you look without considering to hire him? All I was asking was why would you consider it? And I was asking honestly, seeking your input, not sarcasticly. Why would you "look at him?"
I wasn't being sarcastic at all. The only reason I would "look at him" is because he has the won the cup, but on the other hand he has failed to get his team to the playoffs for awhile now. But, looking at his roster, he didn't or doesn't have a lot to work with. I just think his time was up with the team. Nothing wrong with thinking about it. But, in the end, like I said, it would be a no. I'm just saying, if it was between this two coaches, I would go with Maurice because he does have that experience.

As for Bruce, I don't care for his antics. He lost his team last season, imo. He would be good for a team like Colorado or Blue Jackets. Just struggling to make the playoffs and having trouble finding an "identity". He is the perfect example in why I don't think he would lead his team to the cup. Just like Murray. They don't give that extra push. Or whatever you want to call it. I don't see that from them. Bruce is too much and Murray isn't enough.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:10 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

I actually wouldn't mind BB. He always had a big time offense first system and then found out that didn't work. He tried to change it and balance it out and lazy players like OV and Semin and even Backstrom didn't want to do it. He lost the team and that was that. I think with our team having a solid defensive backround it could actually work.

I would also be fine with taking a gamble on someone new.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

No to Boudreau for the reasons I mentioned previously. Players don't respect him, and he's shown a complete inability to win with a totally stacked team. I'm surprised anyone would want the guy quite frankly. Certainly anyone who watched the HBO series.

Old
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Whiskeypete

i vote for C - neither choice.

fire Murray but go with someone else. my first initial choices are Granato and J Hynes the coach for Wilkes Barre.

Boudreau is a short term solution. his act wears out fast with guys. i like a coach that shows his emotions, but screamers like him are dinosaurs. there is a time and a place to raise your voice, but it isn't all the time like he does. strong leaders remain calm and controlled, while detailing a plan. guys that run around shouting, cussing, and throwing **** around quickly get tuned out.

Maurice is the better of the two, but like others have said he just hasnt produced. yet another coach with a .500 career record, that will end up a re-tread someplace else. LA already went down that road with Murray, why repeat this?

Old
11-28-2011, 10:35 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

You guys are so desperate for change, but what kind of change doesn't seem to matter. I'm all for firing Murray if the right coach is available. I'm not sure if that coach is out there...

Bruce Boudreau?

Old
11-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Kingurentai

Way too opposite end of the spectrum. There are many good coaches around the North American system. They don't have to be NHL vets.

I'll take a chance on an AHL/CHL guy before Boudreau (although I found him to be hilarious on 24/7).

Closed Thread