HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Vityaz strikes again

Old
02-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

vCash: 500
Vityaz strikes again

Caballo Blanco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Broad Street Elite

Team needs to be disbanded. If I were forced to play them, I would have no qualms about using my stick to fend off an assault.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:21 PM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

perklunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Edgeworth*

Was that Nikolai Zherdev? haha.

But seriously what a pile of Goons. Who hooked the guy and dragged him down? What a ****ing bum.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:30 PM
John-Eric Iannicello
Hockey's Future Staff

Not endorsing it, but I wouldn't be upset to hear that someone "Perezhogin'd" one of those goofs one game.

02-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Broad Street Elite

LOL at Zherdev and Kovalev though. Kovalez wanted no part of any of it and kept skating away from any potential conflict. Zherdev tried to jump in as a third man, but got shrugged off like a rag doll.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:41 PM
NiKrejci

Seriously, the KHL is such a joke. It's not Vityaz, it's the league. Why can't a team just grow a couple testicles and fight back for once. Those guys weren't even great fighters when they were in NA. Seriously, take a stick to one of their faces. DO SOMETHING. Ugh.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Garl

Quote:
Seriously, the KHL is such a joke. It's not Vityaz, it's the league. Why can't a team just grow a couple testicles and fight back for once. Those guys weren't even great fighters when they were in NA. Seriously, take a stick to one of their faces. DO SOMETHING. Ugh.
That's bs, Yabo, Mirasty and Brennan all are legit enforcers. However to fight back is possible IMO, rest of the team isn't so tough.

However, this "fights" look if not staged then well not 100% real. Looked like, Vityaz guys just had to start "fighting" because that's written somewhere in their contracts, and so, they just grabbed random guys, threw 2 punches with 50% force. Theit opponents weren't fighting back at all, and just let goons do their small job and get their salary.

Garl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Jack DiBiase
wrist-oh-lie-nun

Get Canadian hockey away from Europe. We don't need this **** over here.

Jack DiBiase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
The only explanation for why the KHL even allows these thugs to keep up their antics is because they like the media exposure these things give their league. There is no other reason for why a]Vityaz hasn't been kicked out of the league and b]players like Mirasty, Tarnasky, etc. haven't been given lifetime bans.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKrejci View Post
Agreed... I have never seen worse turtling in my life. But that seems to be the European mentality.. don't stick up for yourself, let the refs handle it.

Morris Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
So stupid. Someone's gonna take a swing at their head with a stick one day.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:22 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack DiBiase View Post
Get Canadian hockey away from Europe. We don't need this **** over here.
This is not Canadian hockey. This kind of stuff never happens in Canada. This is russian style goonery hiring canadians to do their dirty work.

swiftwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:24 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Agreed... I have never seen worse turtling in my life. But that seems to be the European mentality.. don't stick up for yourself, let the refs handle it.
Why? and risk getting a shattered orbital bone like the last time someone tried to do that?

Theres a difference between sticking up for yourself in a normal hockey game and dealing with these goons whose only purpose is to try and injure the opposing team.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:27 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

and I agree with the stick to the face idea. These goons have proven enough over time to justify self-defense as they pose a threat to their safety.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
JussiHikka

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftwin View Post
This is not Canadian hockey. This kind of stuff never happens in Canada. This is russian style goonery hiring canadians to do their dirty work.
A-...Are you serious?

JussiHikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 01:36 PM
KaraLupin
카라

Atlant had it coming to them, they were talking smack the whole game, why can't they just win with humility?

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:06 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

If Viyatz existed in the NHL, it would mean the end of fighting in hockey. Insurance companies would never stand for paying the bills when someone gets assaulted like this, with the approval of the policy holder.

Frankly, another KHL owner should just sue Viyatz for damages and put an end to this nonsense. There is no hockey context for sending a street gang onto the ice.

And my god, Kovalev, get some nuts. Your teammate is getting attacked from behind and you just skate away?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Someones watched slapshot way too many times.

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:34 PM
billybudd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
What?

Dude. I'm as anti-turtling in hockey as it gets, but there is no shame, none, in turtling in situations where a bunch of amped up professional fighters decide to randomly pearl harbor you out of nowhere.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 02:37 PM
billybudd

And it isn't even like these incidents happen in blood feud/donnybrook type games, either.

It's always
-hockey being played, nothing weird going on
-whelp, looks like there's 1:05 left in the second period, Nazarov told me I need to beat ass before the third. Time to ambush that 5'5 guy then sucker the goalie on the way to the box.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKrejci View Post
Right, why doesn't some team offer John Scott and MacIntyre good money to have them come in and clean this crap up? Both of those guys are going to be AHL players next year, why not have some KHL team snap them up?

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Sigh I have never felt this much hate and despise towards a team before. NIGHT in and night out they continue this and the league or any ther team doesn't do anything. ****ing hire a UFC fighter and train him with skates for a while and beat the **** out of these *******s. This is pathetic

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Right, why doesn't some team offer John Scott and MacIntyre good money to have them come in and clean this crap up? Both of those guys are going to be AHL players next year, why not have some KHL team snap them up?
Why should any of the KHL teams have to go out and sign one of those guys? It's a waste of an import spot and it's a waste of money. What Vityaz is doing is NOT hockey and no team should have to make adjustments to deal with them. It's a shame the KHL continues to let this happen and refuses to deal with them once and for all. How many incidents like this have to occur before they will step in? Does someone have to be hospitalized or even worse, die? It's just pathetic and should have no place in sports.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 06:07 PM
torero

With Vitiaz, i would have the feeling you cannot skate 20m without a krasny t-shirt dressing guy who jumps on you and tries to kick your ass.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote