HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Yes. He is redundant, as in: There are perhaps 20 more important reasons this team is in first place than Brandon Dubinsky.
Even if that's true, you're still using the wrong word and Kel's point still stands.

I think the word you're looking for is superfluous.

(not that I agree)

Old
02-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If dubi is a dime a dozen player why has he been the centerpiece of every trade talk for a major addition? Heatly talks way back when, Nash now, etc. It's because he's not a dime a dozen player, he's pretty ****ing valuable.

I swear, some people manage to complain about "the dark ages" and then pedal the same line of thinking for what we should do today. Pure doublethink. "I hated that we traded away all our guys for underproducing big name players." "Lets trade a whole bunch of young guys, picks, and homegrown talent for Rick Nash! What? His numbers are way down this year? I'm sure he'll improve once he gets to NY! Trade the future!"
Heatley talks because he was actually performing well. Nash talks because of his cap hit.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:10 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Mark my words. This team will win a Stanley Cup in the near future, and Brandon Dubinsky will be one of those players to lift it. He is a lot more valuable than people give him credit for.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
NikC

Do you honestly think Sather is going to
Relieve Columbus of a 7.8m cap hit
And trade 4 valuable pieces for Nash?
Never! The cap relief is a huge part of the deal.

Carter makes the most sense in
Terms of cap hit and fitting in our
Conference, scoring needs.

Sather gets Nash for the players HE says
Or we don't get him.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Do you honestly think Sather is going to
Relieve Columbus of a 7.8m cap hit
And trade 4 valuable pieces for Nash?
Never! The cap relief is a huge part of the deal.

Carter makes the most sense in
Terms of cap hit and fitting in our
Conference, scoring needs.

Sather gets Nash for the players HE says
Or we don't get him.
I don't think we will get him. It is not as if we are the only team interested and odds are Sather's package is probably not the best one out there.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
The prohibitive cost for Carter is going to be a lot less than the cost for Nash, and his cap hit is $2.6 million less. And, for his career, Carter has a higher GPG average than does Nash. The cost is not worth the difference in the player. That's why many people are more comfortable trading for Carter.
I just think they are completely different players. Like comparing Hank to Khabibulin or something.

Nash's a all-star. Carter is a big strong player who has character issues and have been really really bleak this season. He have just sucked when I've seen him this season. And not sucked like Kova or AO sucked, but more like a Ryan Malone/Jason Arnott.

If you gonna pay someone big bucks for ten more years, you want "something".

Nash has not been good this season. But boy is he still on a different planet than Carter and imagine the let down it must be for him to once again be on a team with ZERO help.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Price too high for Flyers(at moment) for Nash. May re-engage later. JVR,Bobrovski, Schenn or Couturier believed to be part of asking price.
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...09601544794112

Columbus doesn't want to trade Nash.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:17 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

And people here think Dubinsky,McIllrath,Thomas and pick will land Nash

Old
02-18-2012, 05:18 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Your buying into the theory that Nash is a silver bullet. Which he's not, so I'll just chuckle at the first bolded.

Some folks are forgetting that this is not just about Kreider it's about the ones we have left after we have Nash here. Like Girardi, Staal, and McDonagh, Del Zotto. Or Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan. You think any of those guys are gonna be cheap to sign when it comes time for a new contract? Spend some more time with your pencils. Nash will add to that burden considerably.

More chuckling at the second bolded. Premier scorers have at least more than one 80 point season. Nash has none. Also it is by no means certain that Nash will fare any better than Higgins did in New York. It's not an easy place to play. Especially if your a small market guy. A guy that big, skilled and expensive will get a very short honey moon.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'll wager that Kreider in his sleep, is a better player than Grachev at this point. Much better.

My point is and will continue to be that this team will be much stronger with Kreider, and Dubinsky on the roster than with Nash.
Come on. First the talk about Taylor Hall and now Rich Nash is compared to Higgins.

Nash is closer to JJ or Bure than Higgins.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I don't know if the Flyers have the cap space, but if they did i'd trade all those guys for Nash.

Schenn and JVR are overrated, Bobrovski is an average goalie at best. Cout is going to be good, but he's really the only one i'd balk at.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:20 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Columbus wants a team to take their $7.8M player and give them every top young asset in the organization. The most poorly run franchise in the NHL wants another team to give them a fresh start.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:22 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...09601544794112

Columbus doesn't want to trade Nash.
I'd love to see Philly make that trade.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:25 PM
NYR1967

Quote:
Columbus wants a team to take their $7.8M player and give them every top young asset in the organization. The most poorly run franchise in the NHL wants another team to give them a fresh start.
You, sir, have just distilled all of the Nash talk on various boards into its purest form.

Old
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I don't know if the Flyers have the cap space, but if they did i'd trade all those guys for Nash.

Schenn and JVR are overrated, Bobrovski is an average goalie at best. Cout is going to be good, but he's really the only one i'd balk at.
Nash is overrated.

Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Im getting nervous Sather is going to pull off a trade for him.

Prove me wrong and hang up the phones.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:26 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Nash is overrated.
Sure, but he's better than any player listed there. Not sure how you can argue that besides cap hit, which is why I said IF Philly had the space.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

This is why Sather is patient... We've gone from asking the world, to teams interested, to the price being too high, to CBJ not wanting to trade him.

Anyone want to guess the next phase?

Hint: (it involves a lower asking price)

Old
02-18-2012, 05:33 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I haven't seen Sather not **** people in a trade for a while now. If we get him it will be on the cheap as far as prospects and with cap help, like half his salary, from Columbus. So we won't get him.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:36 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

I just heard Aaron Portzline on the FAN 590 in Toronto a few minutes ago. Columbus can't make a mistake here. They want a TON.

They want three young roster players from the Philly. Bob is an average goalie. They want two of the three Flyers top young forwards. They had one of them(traded the #1 pick to Philly)and traded him in a deal for Carter who they are trying to dump. Columbus probably would have passed on Couturier because they always make bad selections. They are ruining Ryan Johansen.

You can imagine what they want from the Rangers?

Old
02-18-2012, 05:36 PM
NikC

Quote:
Exactly! Pretty clear they wont move him unless they get a package that sets them
up for the future. Rangers need another top line scorer, but this situation is
all wrong for them.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:38 PM
azrok22

Quote:
I just heard Aaron Portzline on the FAN 590 in Toronto a few minutes ago. Columbus can't make a mistake here. They want a TON.

They want three young roster players from the Philly. Bob is an average goalie. They want two of the three Flyers top young forwards. They had one of them(traded the #1 pick to Philly)and traded him in a deal for Carter who they are trying to dump. Columbus probably would have passed on Couturier because they always make bad selections. They are ruining Ryan Johansen.

Dreger confirming that.

Quote:
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger

Price too high for Flyers(at moment) for Nash. May re-engage later. JVR,Bobrovski, Schenn or Couturier believed to be part of asking price.
Unless Columbus drops their asking price dramatically, easy decision to laugh and hang up for Sather. EDIT: Note that that is part of the asking price. At least Nash seems to be content in Columbus, because he's going nowhere for that kind of cost.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:39 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:

They want at least one of Stepan, McDonagh, Del Zotto.

There is no way Dubinsky as the center piece gets it done. Im hoping they end up asking for the house just so Sather has no thoughts about making a trade for him at all.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:43 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
There's a difference between what Columbus will part with him for and what people are willing to give up for him. He's not getting traded. My take is Columbus is trying to leverage Philly's proposal against a few other teams to start the bidding. Use the Philly proposal to get a defenseman out of the other teams.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:44 PM
blue425

Whoa. Holy ****. I believe the phrase is **** no.

Enjoy Columbus Rick.

Old
02-18-2012, 05:46 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Forget Nash. Forget Ryan.

Get me Shea Weber or Ryan Suter. Get me a defenseman who can hit the friggin net and isnt afraid to let a shot go with guy in the shooting lane.

Marc Staal isn't done. He's having issues but he can easily come back to No.1 - form next season. IIRC, Weber has had more documented concussions than Staal.

I would offer Nashville a package centered around Staal. They can throw in MacIlrath or Erixon for insurance, in a addition to draft picks and another top-tier prospect. Heck, maybe Anisimov...

Staal, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st for Weber, who's an RFA.

You basically set your defense up for the next 8-10 seasons and still keep your high-profile forwards prospects like Kreider, Thomas, Miller, etc.

Another option would be for Suter, who I think is better but is a UFA.

Dubinsky, Erixon, Thomas and a 1st for three months and his offseason rights.

Closed Thread