HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers are interested in Nash (McKenzie: Rangers/Kings Strongest Suitors) PART II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Slats doesn't scare me anymore. He's been awesome post lockout. There are MANY things we know NOTHING about.

If Slats knows for sure Parise wont sign in NY then maybe Nash is a good idea?

02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Hensch

I jumped in on the Bucci ripping fest...

Quote:
@RyanHenschell Close
In Response 2 @Buccigross:Chance of @BDubi17 getting traded at the dead line 0%, ur tweets r starting 2 sound like this youtube.com/watch?v=5-LIqd

Old
02-17-2012, 02:21 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm just trying to remind myself of Sather's trade history. He rarely pulls the trigger on anything but highway robbery.

I hope he doesn't give up 3 big pieces for a guy who's cap hit will handcuff us.
Not to get off topic, but here's a reminder of some highway robbery.

To Rangers: Eric Lindros and a cond. pick in 2003
To Flyers: Jan Hlavac, Kim Jonsson, Pavel Brendl and a 3rd round pick in 2003 (Stefan Ruzicka)

New York Rangers -- Acquired defenseman Tom Poti and left wing Rem Murray from the Edmonton Oilers for center Mike York and a 2002 fourth-round draft pick.

To Atlanta Thrashers: Pascal Dupuis and a 3rd round pick in 2007
To New York Rangers : Alex Bourret

July 17, 2007: To Carolina Hurricanes : Matt Cullen
To New York Rangers : Andrew Hutchinsonn, Joe Barnes and a 3rd round pick in 2008

Acquired right wing Pavel Bure from the Florida Panthers for defensemen Filip Novak and Igor Ulanov, first-round and fourth-round picks in the 2002 draft and a switch of 2003 second-round picks.

30- To Nashville: F Hugh Jessiman
To NY Rangers: Future Considerations (actually, we made out on this deal that involved trading our top pick in the best draft class in a generation).

Rangers sign Valerie Kamensky 4yrs/21MM
Rangers sign Bobby Holik 5yrs/45MM
Rangers sign Scott Gomez 7yrs/51.5MM
Rangers sign Chris Drury 5yrs/35.5MM
Rangers sign Wade Redden 6yrs/39MM

Old
02-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Cmox

Igor Ulanov was so bad, haha

Old
02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Hostile much guys? Geez take a deep breath

Old
02-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Levitate

None of those trades were particularly bad in hindsight. As in, the Rangers didn't give up any major pieces that really hurt them, regardless of how the player(s) they got in return did

Old
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
One thing i do not worry about is sather's trading, he pulls rabbits out of a hat when it comes to trading....AND torts keeps him in line as well...i just hope they keep dubi, he really is part of the core...but i think anisimov and feds heck even boyle is expandable

Old
eco's bones

Kreider in the picture is a deal breaker as far as I'm concerned. Would not even contemplate it. I don't know whether Chris is going to eventually be a 1st or 2nd liner but I'm definitely figuring he'll be a top 6 forward for a long time and with his combination of size and speed I want him with us and not some other team.

Nash is no SC guarantee and I definitely don't like his cap hit or the length of term of his contract.

Carter--ditto--only he's bailed out on his team and tends to underachieve come playoff time.

We could work something out for Nash and just maybe it would work but I'd be leery about giving up too much. If LA's ready to break the bank to get him then it's probably best to back off.

Old
egelband

said it once, and i'll say it again. in a salary-capped league the contract is a huge component of any deal. look at the nba for a template. this guy has - in the words of charles barkley - a 'turrble' contract. less than talent, the rangers are giving columbus money in the form of salary cap relief. it's not going to cost the rangers a ton to get this guy, if they want to take on that ridiculous contract. wolski and anisimov and a prospect/pick should do it. now if other team are bidding, the price will rise...but that's where the rangers ought to bow out. let some other team give up resources *and* take on that albatross contract. just my two cents...

Old
02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
exactly. and if we want another cap killing a-hole, sign one, don't trade for one. I mean, gaborik and hank are the only two high paid players that have worked out for this organization in ten years, why do we insist on continuing to do this.

and jagr.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:50 PM
PBC9400

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Is anyone else scared that Sather will meet with Howson during the NYR-CBJ game and try to work out a deal?
I would not be scared about this at all. If anything it could work to our advantage. Slats has been great with trades for us and if anything this should help him work out something that works, if anything gets done at all.

The way i see it, there is no way Del Zotto will be in the trade. The Rangers already have only one truly offensive minded dman and that is DZ, no way they deal him without a replacement in mind, especially how he has been playing lately, getting a handle on the PP and such aside from yesterdays debacle from the start.

Dubinsky will have to be the centerpiece / roster player if the trade is made for Nash because he is the only expendable part with the high salary that could make room for Nash. Wolski is just not enough production, Anisimov not enough salary, Boyle and Feds not enough salary and nothing CBJ would want. Dubinsky has become expendable this year because nothing he does can't really be replaced and can only be improved. He was supposed to be an offensive force for us, that was his main goal to reach. He has failed to finish on that. Other than that, he brings forechecking, a physical game and penalty killing to the team. None of this cannot be replaced by giving a kid like Hagelin more time who may turn out like a Cally type of player. For the physical game, we already have the physicality from guys like Prust, Boyle and Rupp and others. Guys like Dubinsky and Fedotenko have become redundant on this team, despite being part of the overall success of the team. Dubinsky is singled out though as the one not only not producing, but also carrying a heavy salary that he has not lived up to in the first year of his contract. Sure if we do not trade him now, he can get back to what he was and better throughout the contract but a guy like Nash is guaranteed to fill the void that Dubinsky has not. Nash will score goals no matter what, proof of that is how he has continuously produced 25-30 + goals on a lowly Columbus team.

I'd rather not give up Kreider obviously, and def. not when considering how valuable his low salary and anticipated production will be in the cap era. That said, if they can't get the deal done without Kreider in the package, i say sit tight and wait it out for a cheaper price on Ryan or the offseason with Parise possibly available.

Slats is mafia when it comes to trades though. I wouldn't be worried about him meeting with Howson or the convenience of the game on Sunday.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:52 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
Not to get off topic, but here's a reminder of some highway robbery.

To Rangers: Eric Lindros and a cond. pick in 2003
To Flyers: Jan Hlavac, Kim Jonsson, Pavel Brendl and a 3rd round pick in 2003 (Stefan Ruzicka)

New York Rangers -- Acquired defenseman Tom Poti and left wing Rem Murray from the Edmonton Oilers for center Mike York and a 2002 fourth-round draft pick.

To Atlanta Thrashers: Pascal Dupuis and a 3rd round pick in 2007
To New York Rangers : Alex Bourret

July 17, 2007: To Carolina Hurricanes : Matt Cullen
To New York Rangers : Andrew Hutchinsonn, Joe Barnes and a 3rd round pick in 2008

Acquired right wing Pavel Bure from the Florida Panthers for defensemen Filip Novak and Igor Ulanov, first-round and fourth-round picks in the 2002 draft and a switch of 2003 second-round picks.

30- To Nashville: F Hugh Jessiman
To NY Rangers: Future Considerations (actually, we made out on this deal that involved trading our top pick in the best draft class in a generation).

Rangers sign Valerie Kamensky 4yrs/21MMRangers sign Bobby Holik 5yrs/45MM
Rangers sign Scott Gomez 7yrs/51.5MM
Rangers sign Chris Drury 5yrs/35.5MM
Rangers sign Wade Redden 6yrs/39MM
That was Neil Smith, not Sather

Old
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Silence Of The Plams
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Exactly. I do want Nash though. It's just the 7.8 is a crippling factor. Sather is really good. Really convincing with trades though

Old
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
nevesis

Interesting stuff...

Old
02-17-2012, 02:56 PM
AdamBanks99
MinnesotaMiracleMan

linda cohn doesn't want nash "I don't want Nash on #NYR. Not worth it. Would send bad message to a team that's worked so hard to be at top. 2 much $"

i hope she rips into bucci.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:58 PM
nevesis

EDIT: 3:15 of the video...just remember...Dubinsky could only dream about pulling something off so sweet.

Last edited by nevesis: 02-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old
02-17-2012, 02:58 PM
NYRKING30

the only way im semi-comfortable with this is i know and we all know that glen sather does not bend over for anybody when it comes to a trade, hes the one doing all the pitching. so thats the good news. it would really work if they did another round of buyouts this cba and we buyout redden?

i dont know guys i just feel if we get nash and the price is as much as people "swear" its going to be, it will hurt us not this offseason but starting next year. i have full confidence that our management team will do whats best for this franchise. stability has finally come here and it can go a long ways.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:01 PM
NYRKING30

im just as worried as you are hagelin4prez, i just have a strange feeling that these 2 may even try to push to have a deal done by the time the game starts althought highly unlikely (hopefully), but i just have a strange feeling.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Still no reply to this tweet from me either:

"@Buccigross @JRendfeld Bucci, I like you, but why the need to push Ranger fans' buttons? How's the article about Rangers needing to rebuild? Is that how @buccigross thinks?" (Rendfield tweeted Bucci that he'd rather have Kubina than Nash, to take some minutes away from Girardi and McDonagh, who are going to get tired as the season concludes.)

This is what Bucci tweeted back to Rendfeld, leading me to tweet the above to Bucci:

"@JRendfeld: @Buccigross rangers need Kubina more than Nash"---This is how Ranger fans think. #onecupinseventytwoyears

What a ****ing *****.
Everything in this exchange tells you what you need to know about this clown. Completely lacking any cred what so ever. What a dirt bag.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Abooch68

The only way I won't be pissed if Nash is a Rangers is if they win the cup this year. 7.8m is tough to swallow for that long.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

It's a damn good thing Bucci doesn't know what he's talking about.

I'm sure he was in the lockeroom last night and talked to Cally, Hank, Richards and the rest and they all said "We wish we could get Nash... Even if it meant losing Dubi"

Old
02-17-2012, 03:14 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 View Post
exactly. and if we want another cap killing a-hole, sign one, don't trade for one. I mean, gaborik and hank are the only two high paid players that have worked out for this organization in ten years, why do we insist on continuing to do this.

and jagr.
Yeah, but Hank we already knew what he could do as a Ranger. And Jagr we got at half price. Jury is still out on Richards. He's been good, not great, but the team is winning so I'll be patient.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Nostaalgic

please dont get rid of Kreider..I have faith he will be truly something special

Old
02-17-2012, 03:22 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

If this Nash deal does go through (I hope it doesn't) please make it AFTER Sunday...I don't want to have to face Dubinsky, he'd be an absolute monster that night.

Old
02-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

EDIT: 3:15 of the video...just remember...Dubinsky could only dream about pulling something off so sweet.

highlight reels are dumb

Closed Thread