HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

BNG @ ALB | 4 pm | Sunday, Feb 19th | no stream sorry

Old
02-18-2012, 08:19 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
5-2 really not positive when you get beat short side, shorthanded, with a d-man forcing the shooter to one side...

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:29 PM
mianjo

Bingo wins 6-2

1. BNG Locke, (7) (Hoffman, Schira), 9:44
1. POR O'Sullivan, (9) (Pouliot, Duncan), 10:03
1. BNG Parrish, (12) (Klinkhammer), 12:49
1. BNG Gryba, (4) (Petersson, Cannone), 17:39
2. BNG Parrish, (13) (Klinkhammer), 3:43
2. BNG Henningson, (1) (Hoffman, Bartlett), 8:19
3. POR Bloodoff, (2) (Szwarz), 15:30 (SH)
3. BNG Bartlett, (3) (Hoffman, Schira), 16:10 (PP

mianjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
5-2 really not positive when you get beat short side, shorthanded, with a d-man forcing the shooter to one side...

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Manny*

Damn, Hoffman.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Bingo wins 6-2

1. BNG Locke, (7) (Hoffman, Schira), 9:44
1. POR O'Sullivan, (9) (Pouliot, Duncan), 10:03
1. BNG Parrish, (12) (Klinkhammer), 12:49
1. BNG Gryba, (4) (Petersson, Cannone), 17:39
2. BNG Parrish, (13) (Klinkhammer), 3:43
2. BNG Henningson, (1) (Hoffman, Bartlett), 8:19
3. POR Bloodoff, (2) (Szwarz), 15:30 (SH)
3. BNG Bartlett, (3) (Hoffman, Schira), 16:10 (PP
6-2 means free sausage or something for Maindotc, right?

Micklebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:03 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Final Stats.....

Portland Pirates 2 at Binghamton Senators 6 - Status: Final
Saturday, February 18, 2012 - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena

Portland 1 0 1 - 2
Binghamton 3 2 1 - 6

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Locke 7 (Hoffman, Schira), 9:44. 2, Portland, O'Sullivan 9 (Pouliot, Duncan), 10:03. 3, Binghamton, Parrish 12 (Klinkhammer), 12:49. 4, Binghamton, Gryba 4 (Petersson, Cannone), 17:39. Penalties-Gryba Bng (holding), 18:28.

2nd Period-5, Binghamton, Parrish 13 (Klinkhammer), 3:43. 6, Binghamton, Henningson 1 (Hoffman, Bartlett), 8:19. Penalties-Duncan Por (tripping), 10:07; Rundblad Por (major - boarding, game misconduct - boarding), 15:27; Pogge Por (tripping), 18:02.

3rd Period-7, Portland, Bloodoff 2 (Szwarz), 15:30 (SH). 8, Binghamton, Bartlett 3 (Hoffman, Schira), 16:10 (PP). Penalties-Hoffman Bng (slashing), 3:54; Klinkhammer Bng (delay of game), 8:58; Oystrick Por (roughing, misconduct - continuing altercation), 14:12; O'Sullivan Por (roughing), 14:12; Borowiecki Bng (roughing), 14:12.

Shots on Goal-Portland 16-5-17-38. Binghamton 14-14-5-33.
Power Play Opportunities-Portland 0 / 3; Binghamton 1 / 4.
Goalies-Portland, Cheverie 3-2-0 (24 shots-19 saves); Pogge 11-10-3 (9 shots-8 saves). Binghamton, Lehner 8-16-1 (38 shots-36 saves).
A-4,010
Referees-Ryan Hersey (46).

3 Stars.

1. BNG - 13 Mark Parrish
2. BNG - 27 Mike Hoffman
3. BNG - 14 Rob Klinkhammer

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:17 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Petersson really unloaded on how he hates playing here, fans have turned against him now as they booed and chanted "Go-Home An-Dre" as he was presented player of the month award from the booster club at the beginning of the game..

You'd think being Lehner's roomie he should have shut his yapper and learned something from Lehner after last seasons gaff's..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:18 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Ok look it was just one goal and not the end of the world just saying it was a soft goal.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Ok look it was just one goal and not the end of the world just saying it was a soft goal.
Haven't you heard? You're not allowed to say anything bad about Lehner, ever.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:38 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
I hope for his sake it's at least a shemale, geez

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Petersson really unloaded on how he hates playing here, fans have turned against him now as they booed and chanted "Go-Home An-Dre" as he was presented player of the month award from the booster club at the beginning of the game..

You'd think being Lehner's roomie he should have shut his yapper and learned something from Lehner after last seasons gaff's..
Ski:

Hats off to André Petersson, who chose to speak to the media tonight after all, wanting to apologize to any #BSens fans he offended.

Petersson said he did a very long interview, speaking mostly of positive things about his rookie season in North American.

Petersson was "mostly confused" by how comments were used. "I said some really stupid stuff, but I really regret it," he added

"I'm really, really sorry," Petersson said. "I really like the fans here. I like the team we have. It's fun playing here."

André Petersson's speaks to Joy.

Via Joy.....

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Ski:

Hats off to André Petersson, who chose to speak to the media tonight after all, wanting to apologize to any #BSens fans he offended.

Petersson said he did a very long interview, speaking mostly of positive things about his rookie season in North American.

Petersson was "mostly confused" by how comments were used. "I said some really stupid stuff, but I really regret it," he added

"I'm really, really sorry," Petersson said. "I really like the fans here. I like the team we have. It's fun playing here."

André Petersson's speaks to Joy.

Via Joy.....
I'll give him credit..I saw that as well and waiting to see the video interview..

I've lived here most of my 47 years and ya, it's not the greatest city and the weather blows but this is my town where I make a living and raise a family, I'm content and haters gonna dump on my city, that's fine, knock yourself out..

But pro athletes should never, ever dump on their team's hometown, their fans, and their rink they play in, period, no matter how bad it may become 'cause it'll bite ya in the ass everytime..

Old
02-18-2012, 10:50 PM
pepty

vCash: 492
Sometimes players from Europe seem to think they can say whaterver pops into their heads in an inteview over there and that fans over here arent going to hear all about it.

Kovalev when he was with Montreal and others at times have tried to explain away what they said over there.

Usually AHL teams are in smaller centers and they have to travel around by bus,but I dont like to see players crying about it when they go home.

Lehner reportedly loved Sault Sainte Marie and its hardly a metropolis.He went back there for Christmas so it could be that he just grew close with the people he was billeted with there..

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I'll give him credit..I saw that as well and waiting to see the video interview..

I've lived here most of my 47 years and ya, it's not the greatest city and the weather blows but this is my town where I make a living and raise a family, I'm content and haters gonna dump on my city, that's fine, knock yourself out..

But pro athletes should never, ever dump on their team's hometown, their fans, and their rink they play in, period, no matter how bad it may become 'cause it'll bite ya in the ass everytime..
This isn't his team.

Andre Petersson belongs to the Ottawa Senators, he has signed a contract with the intent of playing for the Ottawa Senators. He spoke candidly about being a homesick 21 year old who is playing in the worst arena in the AHL, in a city that provides little in the way of entertainment for a young hockey player.

Bingo's arena is so terrible, it would rank in the bottom half of OHL arenas. For example, I live in London, Ontario. It's a bustling university town with a pretty solid nightlife. As well, the London Knights are the biggest draw in town. They play in the downtown core in the John Labatt Centre.

This is the JLC

Due to our awesome building with 10000 capacity and almost constant sell outs, we are able to attract the top talent like Patrick Kane and Max Domi.

See the difference? We are totally taking our AHL franchise and putting it in a place that will house 7000+ fans a night, that won't boo the reigning player of the month because he made the candid statements of a 21 year old, that won't have our players play in a second rate arena in a town offering little to nothing in the way of entertainment.

We are going to put our prospects in the best situation possible. It's looking more and more like Binghamton is not the solution.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
This isn't his team.

http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/team/roster/

Old
02-18-2012, 10:59 PM
ShotDownCrosby

You also need to realize the taxes ppl from London pay, which helps significantly with atmosphere and city asthetics.

Kitchener arena is not nearly as nice as the JLC (I am from Kitchener, bf is from London) but the Rangers sell out pretty much every game as well, in a not as nice arena.

I don't really know about bingo, but it did seem like last year their fans were great. And a 21 made a mistake.... it happens, people react, he apologizes. All is well.

ShotDownCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
pepty

If any of our players dissed Ottawa, we would boo them..

If London was the AHL affiiate and one of the players took shots at London they would boo him too.

It is not going to kill the players to play in an old arena. it will probably do them some good.

Maybe he has learned a lesson. and it sounds as though he is taking it head on which is good news.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Uncle Eugene
Buckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
If any of our players dissed Ottawa, we would boo them..

If London was the AHL affiiate and one of the players took shots at London they would boo him too.

It is not going to kill the players to play in an old arena. it will probably do them some good.

Maybe he has learned a lesson. and it sounds as though he is taking it head on which is good news.
That's my point, the organization should be looking at putting prospects in a place where they have zero reason to take shots at the city.

What I'm suggesting is that Binghamton's reaction was ridiculous, and that perhaps Binghamton isn't a good fit moving forward. FFS it's not like they are shattering attendance records. You always hear Cornwall mentioned as a possible destination. There are like 50000 people in Cornwall and even then I can almost guarantee similar numbers to Bingo.

If Markham gets that brand new arena, and that's a big if, we would be much better served having our prospects there. Or if Vancouver looks at moving their affiliate out West, that creates the opportunity for AHL realignment. The organization has to pursue a city that will provide a professional arena, high levels of fan support as well as offering the kind of entertainment amenities that a 21 year old would want to partake in.

If you don't believe that these statements coming from AP are damaging to the organization, you're crazy. Players talk. I don't want to hear that our prospects hate playing in the AHL, because of the city they live in. I don't want to hear that our international prospects would contemplate going home just to be free of the dreariness of Binghamton. I don't want to hear anything. This environment they are playing in is not good for development and I sincerely hope the Senators organization pulls the plug. Enjoy booing an empty arena.

Uncle Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:23 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 50
Put the team in Las Vegas. Problem sovled.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:30 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
That's my point, the organization should be looking at putting prospects in a place where they have zero reason to take shots at the city.

What I'm suggesting is that Binghamton's reaction was ridiculous, and that perhaps Binghamton isn't a good fit moving forward.

If you don't believe that these statements coming from AP are damaging to the organization, you're crazy. Players talk. I don't want to hear that our prospects hate playing in the AHL, because of the city they live in. I don't want to hear that our international prospects would contemplate going home just to be free of the dreariness of Binghamton. I don't want to hear anything. This environment they are playing in is not good for development and I sincerely hope the Senators organization pulls the plug. Enjoy booing an empty arena.
There is no place that provides zero reason to take shots If a player is European and away from home for the first time ,he could be unhappy any where in North America.

Filatov was unhappy playing for the Columbus affiliate as much as for Bingo. Evidently Pavol Dimitra was very unhappy playing in PEI.

Players want to be in the NHL

The reaction by the fans in Bingo is exactly the same as any other fans under similar circumstances.No one wants to hear anyone, least of all a player for a team you support, take shots at your home town.

I do think the statements were unfortunate but he is hardly the first player to complain about being in the AHL.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:41 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

I think AP has pretty much cleared the air and I don't expect the fans to give him a hard time next game.

Btw I will be travelling tomorrow and Monday so I won't be able to stream the game at 4 pm.

Old
02-18-2012, 11:48 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
6 goals = free sausage biscuit from McDonalds the next day, kind of like a free slice of pizza when Ottawa scores 6. Unfortunately the sausage biscuit is probably the most disgusting and damaging bit of breakfast you can have. The only reason I was celebrating it is because it reminds me of when St. Louis would score 6 and Ken Wilson, Blues legendary play-by-play for 84 - 04, would say "THIRTY NINE CENT TACOS TONIGHT BABY!"

Old
02-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
6 goals = free sausage biscuit from McDonalds the next day, kind of like a free slice of pizza when Ottawa scores 6. Unfortunately the sausage biscuit is probably the most disgusting and damaging bit of breakfast you can have. The only reason I was celebrating it is because it reminds me of when St. Louis would score 6 and Ken Wilson, Blues legendary play-by-play for 84 - 04, would say "THIRTY NINE CENT TACOS TONIGHT BABY!"

Old
02-19-2012, 12:15 AM
Ismellofhockey

André, right or wrong about Binghamton, shouldn't have said anything publicly. The fans rightly made him walk back his words and reminded him that he has some things to be grateful for at least. He should focus on those things.
It seems he learned the lesson, time to move on.

Ismellofhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

vCash: 840
Uncle Eug raises an interesting question though: do you think having our AHL team in Bingo is an impediment to sending European players there for further development? Is it possible that Rundblad and Silf resisted playing there? Is Petersson's interview going to influence guys like Ziba and Claesson into staying in Sweden as long as possible before hoping to make the direct jump to the NHL?

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote