HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BNG @ ALB | 4 pm | Sunday, Feb 19th | no stream sorry

Old
02-19-2012, 06:59 AM
sg58

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Uncle Eug raises an interesting question though: do you think having our AHL team in Bingo is an impediment to sending European players there for further development? Is it possible that Rundblad and Silf resisted playing there? Is Petersson's interview going to influence guys like Ziba and Claesson into staying in Sweden as long as possible before hoping to make the direct jump to the NHL?
Silfverberg definitely doesn't want to play there, and I don't expect Zibanejad would've agreed to spend a full season there, either. That would be true regardless of André's comments or if it was the best AHL city ever.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
Silfverberg definitely doesn't want to play there, and I don't expect Zibanejad would've agreed to spend a full season there, either. That would be true regardless of André's comments or if it was the best AHL city ever.
What? I thought we had Silfverberg on the record saying he is fine with the AHL.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:20 AM
HappyDude
Fire Cameron

Why don't they just move the Team to Kingston?

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Rooverick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
Haven't you heard? You're not allowed to say anything bad about Lehner, ever.
Lehner stopped 36 of 38.

Maindot finds a way to be critical of Lehner virtually every game. His opinion is biased beyond belief.

Rooverick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Iamok
#Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
Lehner stopped 36 of 38.

Maindot finds a way to be critical of Lehner virtually every game. His opinion is biased beyond belief.
So what? A bad goal is a bad goal. There's nothing wrong with saying things like they are, and of all the ways to put it, that was hardly the worst.

Iamok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:26 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Eugene View Post
That's my point, the organization should be looking at putting prospects in a place where they have zero reason to take shots at the city.

What I'm suggesting is that Binghamton's reaction was ridiculous, and that perhaps Binghamton isn't a good fit moving forward. FFS it's not like they are shattering attendance records. You always hear Cornwall mentioned as a possible destination. There are like 50000 people in Cornwall and even then I can almost guarantee similar numbers to Bingo.

If Markham gets that brand new arena, and that's a big if, we would be much better served having our prospects there. Or if Vancouver looks at moving their affiliate out West, that creates the opportunity for AHL realignment. The organization has to pursue a city that will provide a professional arena, high levels of fan support as well as offering the kind of entertainment amenities that a 21 year old would want to partake in.

If you don't believe that these statements coming from AP are damaging to the organization, you're crazy. Players talk. I don't want to hear that our prospects hate playing in the AHL, because of the city they live in. I don't want to hear that our international prospects would contemplate going home just to be free of the dreariness of Binghamton. I don't want to hear anything. This environment they are playing in is not good for development and I sincerely hope the Senators organization pulls the plug. Enjoy booing an empty arena.
You are an ass. Plain and simple. Have you ever been to Binghamton? Watch a game in our arena with our fans? Seen how we support our team?

F you dude, why don't you take a drive down and I'll go 5 for fighting with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
There is no place that provides zero reason to take shots If a player is European and away from home for the first time ,he could be unhappy any where in North America.

Filatov was unhappy playing for the Columbus affiliate as much as for Bingo. Evidently Pavol Dimitra was very unhappy playing in PEI.

Players want to be in the NHL

The reaction by the fans in Bingo is exactly the same as any other fans under similar circumstances.No one wants to hear anyone, least of all a player for a team you support, take shots at your home town.

I do think the statements were unfortunate but he is hardly the first player to complain about being in the AHL.
This. Wasn't the first player to say stupid *****, probably won't be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ismellofhockey View Post
André, right or wrong about Binghamton, shouldn't have said anything publicly. The fans rightly made him walk back his words and reminded him that he has some things to be grateful for at least. He should focus on those things.
It seems he learned the lesson, time to move on.
And this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEasy View Post
Uncle Eug raises an interesting question though: do you think having our AHL team in Bingo is an impediment to sending European players there for further development? Is it possible that Rundblad and Silf resisted playing there? Is Petersson's interview going to influence guys like Ziba and Claesson into staying in Sweden as long as possible before hoping to make the direct jump to the NHL?
Why is it just the Euro players? That's the question you should be asking. Bunch of pansy ***** if you ask me, suck it up and do your time. If you want to enter the NHL Entry Draft you better be prepared to do some time in the minors, I don't care what city you play for.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
I think people quickly forget what was said once Petersson made those comments. The paper that did the article on Petersson's interview is not supposed to be taken seriously. They take things out of context and make the readers interpret it the way they want.

Some Swedish posters even came on this board to warn us... but we are still surprised about it

People still don't get it. Take EVERYTHING you read in the medias with a big grain of salt. Gosh, people are so slow to learn

All that being said, I really hope we move the Sens affiliate somewhere else... They have deserving fans and everything but I think a good portion of them are still "special" people. But it's not really the reason why I'd like the Sens to move the AHL team. They could move it closer to Ottawa so call-ups would be even easier. Would also be great for Sens fans who could go there and watch our prospects at first hand. Also, our prospects could use some extra motivation to play in the AHL. Lehner and Petersson aren't the firsts to get bored in Bingo, and they won't be the last. We don't want our prospects to die of boredom and just "ride it on cruise control" because they lack motivation

You could easily find many other reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooverick View Post
Lehner stopped 36 of 38.

This. Maindotc has been a broken record about Lehner for a very long time, everything he says about the subject should simply be ignored. It's tolerated trolling I guess.

Good goal or bad goal I don't care, if it's Maindotc saying it, it never happened. hahaha that's how much biased he is for me

Last edited by Xspyrit: 02-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Afro Thunder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
Ok look it was just one goal and not the end of the world just saying it was a soft goal.
Yeah right, its pretty clear that Lehner punched your mom in the face or something, thats why noone takes your opinion on him seriously. How comes you didn't mention his 36 saves or when he stood on his head last game, never any praise for Lehner just negativity, thats why no one takes you seriously.

Afro Thunder* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:40 PM
DrEasy
:heart: Cameron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Why is it just the Euro players? That's the question you should be asking. Bunch of pansy ***** if you ask me, suck it up and do your time. If you want to enter the NHL Entry Draft you better be prepared to do some time in the minors, I don't care what city you play for.
I think you just answered your own question. It's this welcoming and non-prejudiced mentality that they are trying to avoid.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:44 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Yeah right, its pretty clear that Lehner punched your mom in the face or something, thats why noone takes your opinion on him seriously. How comes you didn't mention his 36 saves or when he stood on his head last game, never any praise for Lehner just negativity, thats why no one takes you seriously.
It wouldn't be the first time Lehner let in a soft goal, we have seen him allow soft goals too. He has had a rough yr so far & he had a tough time last yr in the regular season as well. It was his MVP play in the Calder Cup run which make Ottawa fans optimistic about him being an elite goaltender in Ottawa for yrs to come.

But that being said unless Murray makes a move to obtain another goalie for this franchise Lehner is going to be the goalie of the future for this franchise. I assume he will be a backup next season in Ottawa & eventually in yr two or three will challenge Anderson for the starting role. I could also see after Anderson's contract is over that he is re-signed as the backup to Lehner. This would give Ottawa a vet/young player combination in net for the next 5 to 7 yrs.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
If Vancouver moves their AHL affiliate, I say we move AHL Senators to Manitoba... at least it is a reasonable city. It would also possibly garner some Ottawa Senators fans.

Sorry Bingo, but it is clear you don't know how to treat a hockey team. I've heard some of your fans say it is a storage space for NHL players -- you're friggen right it is.

If you don't like European players or a Hockey team, or players that are human beings... Canada will take them off your hands.

Phillips played in Fort McMurray, for the Oil Barons. You wanna see a small town that supports a team, go there.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:36 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
im just surprised rundblad hit someone in the first place
It probably surprises you because you don't watch enough hockey. He was laying hits all over the place in Ottawa. He isn't a player that will shy away from hitting.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:40 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

The hypocrisy of people on here ripping on the city of Binghamton and the fans is just rich, so very rich.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:49 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Corey Locke out hit by puck in face last nite.

How long he will be out unknown @ this time.......

Via KK

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:57 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
The hypocrisy of people on here ripping on the city of Binghamton and the fans is just rich, so very rich.
Keep in mind that we don't all think that way.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:00 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

Aragorn;

Please expand on that if you would???

Old
02-19-2012, 03:01 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I don't at all, reading through this was pretty funny though at some of the nonsense spewed out, made for a funny, yet horrible read.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

1-0 Binghamton.

Pat Cannone, @ 7:01

Old
02-19-2012, 03:17 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Aragorn;

Please expand on that if you would???
Well I'm quite sure that there are many of us who don't mind at all that Bingo is the affiliate of the Senators & doesn't detract at all from players reaching their potential. In my mind it has more to do with the coaching staff & players as to how well the team does as we witnessed last yr by Bingo winning the Calder Cup. I recall the majority of people on here being very satisfied with Bingo as the affiliate then. And let's not forget all the great writeups that we have been getting from some of the posters from Bingo to keep us informed regarding the team. I miss BingoSensFan he was great with his analysts.

This one small incident should not take away from the fact that the organization & some of us are satisfied with Bingo as the farm team even though maybe a few players are not, you can't please everyone. Having a franchise out west makes little sense, it's good to have the farm team closer in order to be able to callup players quickly. While some would love to live & work in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto or Montreal it's not always benfitial to an AHL franchise to be in the same city as an NHL team. I think you guys have done a pretty good job of supporting the team & this incident should not take that away. Afterall, you are still a Championship city until someone else takes the title away. Good luck.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:22 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
[QUOTE=steffeG;44421175]Silfverberg definitely doesn't want to play there, and I don't expect Zibanejad would've agreed to spend a full season there, either. That would be true regardless of André's comments or if it was the best AHL city ever.[/QUOTE]

Well said.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Stats after 1st period. 2-0 Sens

Binghamton Senators 2 at Albany Devils 0 - Status: In Progress (0:00 remaining in 1st)
Sunday, February 19, 2012 - Times Union Center

Binghamton 2 0 0 - 2
Albany 0 0 0 - 0

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Cannone 12 (Borowiecki, Da Costa), 7:01. 2, Binghamton, Borowiecki 4 (Cannone, Gryba), 15:47. Penalties-Tedenby Alb (tripping), 13:41; Gryba Bng (slashing), 16:09; Gryba Bng (bench minor - unsportsmanlike conduct), 19:39; Perkovich Alb (unsportsmanlike conduct, roughing), 19:39.

2nd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-No Penalties

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-No Penalties

Shots on Goal-Binghamton 10-0-0-10. Albany 11-0-0-11.
Power Play Opportunities-Binghamton 0 / 2; Albany 0 / 1.
Goalies-Binghamton, McKenna 13-14-0 (11 shots-11 saves). Albany, Kinkaid 13-13-1 (10 shots-8 saves).

Side note:

Parrish knocked out cold. They took him to the dressing room Grady said he did NOT look good......

Old
02-19-2012, 03:45 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
All that being said, I really hope we move the Sens affiliate somewhere else... They have deserving fans and everything but I think a good portion of them are still "special" people. But it's not really the reason why I'd like the Sens to move the AHL team. They could move it closer to Ottawa so call-ups would be even easier. Would also be great for Sens fans who could go there and watch our prospects at first hand. Also, our prospects could use some extra motivation to play in the AHL. Lehner and Petersson aren't the firsts to get bored in Bingo, and they won't be the last. We don't want our prospects to die of boredom and just "ride it on cruise control" because they lack motivation
e
Sounds like there are some "special" people up in Ottawa too. "Die of boredom", really dude, most of the time your comments never cease to amaze me. This players are suppose to be professionals, this is their CAREER, their JOB. They chose to enter the draft, they chose to sign a deal with the Ottawa organization, playing in the AHL is part of it.

As a fan you should be ashamed of Petersson's comments. No one wants their city trashed on. I've never came on this forum and trashed the City of Ottawa, I've never been there. It's just common human decency for most people. Obviously there are a few of you who have none.

I hate how people like you come on here and make generalizations about the fans in Binghamton. You do it all the time and I call you out on it every time. Just stop it. It seems like there is a pretentious attitude with some fans that the fans of the minor league affiliates don't matter. Frankly, that's ********. We are fans just as much as you are. We want a winner, we want our players to be supportive of the game on and off the ice.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:14 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Binghamton Senators 2 at Albany Devils 2

mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
mianjo

vCash: 140
Binghamton Senators 2 at Albany Devils 3 after 2 periods

Radio broadcast http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/

Last edited by mianjo: 02-19-2012 at 04:31 PM.
mianjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:22 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Sounds like there are some "special" people up in Ottawa too. "Die of boredom", really dude, most of the time your comments never cease to amaze me. This players are suppose to be professionals, this is their CAREER, their JOB. They chose to enter the draft, they chose to sign a deal with the Ottawa organization, playing in the AHL is part of it.

As a fan you should be ashamed of Petersson's comments. No one wants their city trashed on. I've never came on this forum and trashed the City of Ottawa, I've never been there. It's just common human decency for most people. Obviously there are a few of you who have none.

I hate how people like you come on here and make generalizations about the fans in Binghamton. You do it all the time and I call you out on it every time. Just stop it. It seems like there is a pretentious attitude with some fans that the fans of the minor league affiliates don't matter. Frankly, that's ********. We are fans just as much as you are. We want a winner, we want our players to be supportive of the game on and off the ice.
Dont worry, he's said far worse about Ottawa which he doesn't really know either except by reputation.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote