HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fail for Mikhail?

Old
02-17-2012, 10:01 PM
MagnumForce

vCash: 500
Good....The 3rd period, Ennis looked great at times, Myers had a strong game, Leino played good and getting MSG back

Bad....Not being able to clear the puck on the penalty kill, the power play at the end of the overtime.

Ugly....Kassian on the 3 on 1 breakaway, not getting a shot, not passing the puck, carrying the puck behind the net to turn it over for a goal the other way...It was one of the ugliest plays I have seen this season

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:13 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awwufelloff View Post
G- If Pittsburgh beats us by over 5 goals, which they should. I see Lindy getting fired and Pegula selling Roy/Stafford/Boyes/Gaustad for draft picks and building a new team.
You forgot the

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:16 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Opethian called it and I was hoping that the name of this thread would just be "Gomez Scores!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpethianSabre20 View Post
If Buffalo plays defense like they did today, I think Gomez might even manage to get another goal this year.

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:35 PM
AxxVicarious

G:
Myers played decent.
Ellis did well the first period, was around the puck (I'm reaching, but that is what you have to do to find good with this team).
Went to the game for free

B:
Sabres are back on MSG, so I have to torture myself and watch again
Miller getting a piece of both SO shots and not stopping either.

U:
Going to the game and seeing more Montreal Fans than Sabres fans, then the PA announcer making sure to tell us it was a sellout. If anything should be concerning, it is that our fans are so sick of this **** that we're just giving our tickets away to the other teams. It isn't even Toronto who is close enough to warrant that many fans.
Went to the game for free - they should've paid me.

AxxVicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:37 PM
EichHart
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Anyone know how the lottery works? What are our chances of getting a top 2 pick if we're in 4th?
The selection order in the Entry Draft is determined by a combination of lottery, regular season standing, and playoff results. However, teams are permitted to trade draft picks. In all cases, the team considered is the original holder of the draft pick, not a team which may have acquired the pick via a trade or other means.

At the conclusion of the regular season, the 14 NHL teams not qualifying for the playoffs are entered in a weighted lottery to determine the initial draft picks in the first round, seeded according to regular season standing. The 30th-place team has a 25% chance of winning the lottery, with odds diminishing to a 0.5% chance for the 17th-place team. A single selection from the lottery pool is made, with the winning team improving its draft position by up to four places, and no team dropping more than one place. Therefore, only the 26th through 30th place teams are eligible to receive the first overall draft pick. Consequently, the 30th place team's chance of retaining the first overall pick improves to 48.2%. The order in the remaining rounds is unaffected by the lottery and is based on regular season standings.

The remaining order is determined by the Stanley Cup playoff results. Whichever team wins the Stanley Cup is awarded the 30th and last pick, while the runner-up is given the 29th pick. The teams eliminated in the conference finals are awarded the 28th and 27th picks, with the 28th pick going to the team with the better regular season record. Remaining division winners, then the rest of the field are ranked next, filling in the 26th through 15th picks. In both cases, better records result in later picks.

When teams lose their rights to a first round draft choice, because that player was not signed to a contract and consequently re-entered the entry draft or became an unrestricted free agent, they are awarded a compensatory draft pick. This selection will be the same numerical choice as the first round draft pick who was not signed, but in the second round. For example, if a team cannot sign the seventh overall first round draft choice, it will receive the seventh pick in the second round of the next draft as compensation.

EichHart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:38 PM
OpethianSabre20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedpony View Post
Opethian called it and I was hoping that the name of this thread would just be "Gomez Scores!"
Heh, I forgot that I said that. I think the Sabres season officially died after he scored that goal, so congrats to Gomez for doing something right.

OpethianSabre20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

My friend who's a Montreal fan went to this game. I honestly think I'm going to avoid him as long as possible, because he's going to rub this one in my face. Ugh.

I hate this season.... I hate how far this team has fallen.... I hate that Lindy is still the coach.... I hate that we have to wait eight more months for a fresh start.... I hate that I still care this much.

I just want this God forsaken season to be over.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
My friend who's a Montreal fan went to this game. I honestly think I'm going to avoid him as long as possible, because he's going to rub this one in my face. Ugh.

I hate this season.... I hate how far this team has fallen.... I hate that Lindy is still the coach.... I hate that we have to wait eight more months for a fresh start.... I hate that I still care this much.

I just want this God forsaken season to be over.
Just make sure he knows we're 3-0-1 against them this season (I think).

Ugly:
-Habs fan takeover.
-The three cocky Sabres fans that trashed Leino the entire night despite Ville playing a strong game. All three of them were on their phones the entire game. Pathetic.
-Boring atmosphere.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Lindy's embarrassed that his team is in last place in the East.
As a Sabres fan, I'm embarrassed that he's still the coach.
Ditto - to coin Schopp on WGR today, I'm "befuddled" at the coaching. Despite the obvious fact that Vanek has carried this team all year with Pominville, Ruff benches his best goal scorer for a penalty - yet when Stafford takes the stupid too many men penalty last night; Roy wouldn't block a shot in Winnipeg; and Leino makes a terrible drop-pass that leads to a goal in Chicago, all 3 of those underachievers never missed a shift after their bonehead plays.

Granted, Vanek has taken more needless penalties this year than he should have but if ever there were a player to cut some slack to, given that Vanek's work ethic and compete level has dramatically improved in the past 2 years, it'd be him.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Gerbe42
Hodgson 2 Vanek

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
Good....The 3rd period, Ennis looked great at times, Myers had a strong game, Leino played good and getting MSG back

Bad....Not being able to clear the puck on the penalty kill, the power play at the end of the overtime.

Ugly....Kassian on the 3 on 1 breakaway, not getting a shot, not passing the puck, carrying the puck behind the net to turn it over for a goal the other way...It was one of the ugliest plays I have seen this season

ville leinos drop pass was the worst

Gerbe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:22 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbe42 View Post
ville leinos drop pass was the worst
I think you're both wrong - the Gragnani cross-ice pass to set up Giroux for the breakaway OT winner in a game the Sabres had a 3-0 lead was the biggest brain-fart of the season....so far.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Luceni

Good:
Ennis slowly becomes an impact player
Myers seem to get up from his slump

bad:
pretty much everything else related to our team, especially the goaltending the last few games

ugly:
Gomez scores against us.

The coaching: only Ruff is able to create a line of Ennis - Ellis - Vanek. Only Ruff benches his only star player after a penalty while Stafford, Roy, Boyes, Leino got a free pass to suck all year without any consequences. I hate Ruff and I hope he and darcy gets fired soon. There is a reason why we are 15th at the moment.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:07 AM
dma0034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
I think you're both wrong - the Gragnani cross-ice pass to set up Giroux for the breakaway OT winner in a game the Sabres had a 3-0 lead was the biggest brain-fart of the season....so far.
I remember watching that game and just foreseeing that. It's like it went into super slowmo as soon as he tried to throw the pass over and boom Giroux was gone.

dma0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:38 AM
fightclubber25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I think you meant you couldn't care less.
Actually, it works both ways, logically just sayinn

fightclubber25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
At least they should be sure of their position as sellers. Maybe, just maybe, they make the long-term moves now and prior to the draft.

02-18-2012, 10:56 AM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I think you meant you couldn't care less.

I do care what we get in return. This team would be even worse believe it or not if we get soaked in every transaction that management does. Think it through.
1. Duly noted.

2. As far as what we get in return: We've got crap(for the most part)on the ice. Odds are, we're going to get someone else's crap(unless there's a package deal)because God knows no other team's going to want any of our gutless wonders straight up. If we're going to stink out the joint, let's REALLY finish the job. (It really saddens me to admit that a freaking junior hockey team about 40 miles from Buffalo-one of the better ones in the OHL(Niagara)-could probably run the Sabres out of the rink at this rate.)

ckg927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:02 AM
MagnumForce

There are 9 days until Christmas and there still are no presents under the tree.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
At least they should be sure of their position as sellers. Maybe, just maybe, they make the long-term moves now and prior to the draft.
This is the something I'm not so sure of. Ruff and Regier have been known for their never give up against all odds mentality. They seem to think unrealistically that this team will still find a way to somehow turn it around and make a run. They got the owner buying into it say this season failures are based on injuries. When instead it's a weak mentality that has plagued this team since Quinn's meddling that led to the the Drury/Breire departures.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote