Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins fold to yet another Southeast Division team; Lose to Winnipeg 4-2

Old
02-17-2012, 10:40 PM
KBADCJET

vCash: 500
Great game guys! Best of luck in the playoffs this year!

KBADCJET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

No real specific part of this team that you can point the finger at as the cause of all these losses. Just poor play from top to bottom across the roster. Gotta start with trying to get this porous defense fixed first though. It's really unacceptable that this team has given up 3+ goals almost every game lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat400 View Post
Did Julien have Seguin playing tonight with Lucic and Krejci or was the goal scored during a line change?
Yeah, Seguin was back with Bergeron and Marchand shortly after that goal.

Bruins4Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Cabin Mirror

I'm sure they tried their best though.

Cabin Mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 0
I'm a season ticket holder for the Jets and I have to agree with posters in your GDT, the wave is so frigging lame, I facepalm whenever I see it starting. And hey, we don't cheer just to hear ourselves, we cheer because we're having a crazy fun time! I think we'll be just as loud 5 years from now.

As for the Bruins, yeah, the slump sucks but you guys have way too good a team to keep this up. You'll be back in form soon. If I weren't already a Rangers and Jets fan, I could totally see myself being a B's fan. (although I'd still have trouble cheering for Marchand ) Your fanbase is awesome, up there with the best!

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBADCJET View Post
Not to jinx it, but DITTO.

I'd love to see Winnipeg in the post-season this year.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

How was Hennessey I was watching the game then lost internet connection by the time I got it back it was the 3rd and nothing was going right

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:13 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

CJ should have a full practice of checking only. Remind this team what wins them games. Getting out hit by the habs and jets is not a good thing.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:57 AM
ddawg1950

Canuck fan coming in peace.

The Bruins looked tired in the 3rd...absolutely gassed. Now it may be just wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like everyone brings their "A" game against the Stanley Cup champs. IMHO, you guys don't get any nights off that way and it just becomes a grind.

The post season can be a great refresher though...so there's that.

ddawg1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:07 AM
BostonRob17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBADCJET View Post
I really wasn't that mad tonight because I really want the Jets to catch the Leafs!

BostonRob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:20 AM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
CJ should have a full practice of checking only. Remind this team what wins them games. Getting out hit by the habs and jets is not a good thing.
Habs aren't so small anymore.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:59 AM
Lobster57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post

The Bruins looked tired in the 3rd...absolutely gassed. Now it may be just wishful thinking on my part, but it seems like everyone brings their "A" game against the Stanley Cup champs. IMHO, you guys don't get any nights off that way and it just becomes a grind.

The B's will be even more worn out after their March/April schedule. 17 games in March and about 8953 in the first couple weeks of April. They'll need to finish the first round quick and easy to have any hope of a deep run.

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:01 AM
kman22

Besides the first goal, I though Tuukka looked good. Those last two goals were totally on the defense, which is too bad.

kman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:45 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Habs aren't so small anymore.
Yeah they have the oh so intimidating Rene Bourque. Give me a break.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:23 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Yeah they have the oh so intimidating Rene Bourque. Give me a break.
u forgot Ryan White with his hypnotic blue eyes and great hair

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

A few observations...

1- People need to stop to look at our goaltenders as the " problem ". In fact, both guys were terrific for a pretty good stretch; bailing out their teammates and making their life is easier... maybe too easy at some point. As Jmiller said, seeing both guys being " bad " at the same time should tell you something about the team as a whole.

2- The Bruins are playing subpar defense for a good month and half or so. Careless plays in all three zones; stupid cross ice/ blind passes... We are not focus and commited to play sound defense.

3- We need more from Lucic and David " On/Off " Krejci need to smarten up and play like he suppose to play. 2 points in the last 10 games is not enough. Wake up, big goof, your team need you.

4- Chiarelli doesn't have the choice: He have to make a deal or two to solidify our team. We need a legit 20 goals scorer and someone who's good enough ( at the blueline ) to reduce the workload of Chara. The guy look tired as hell...

Last edited by Latrappe: 02-18-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

We miss Peverley on the third line, Kelly and Peverley both play well together but once they're split up they both look like lost puppies.

We need to get healthy.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:18 AM
BruinsPortugal

Chara should be scratched for the next 2 games or so. Dont know whats up with him but he is playing some of the worst hockey i've seen from him.

The way they are (not) playing defense is 90% of the reason why we suck right now.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:45 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Chara should be scratched for the next 2 games or so. Dont know whats up with him but he is playing some of the worst hockey i've seen from him.

The way they are (not) playing defense is 90% of the reason why we suck right now.
He has looked un-Chara like which leads me to believe, and I have now that there`s something holding him back a bit. Not making excuses but I think this lineup is far more banged up than anyone here knows, they aren`t like a few teams I don`t need to mention who`ll flop/fake/embellish and I truly believe there are about 3-4 players right now playing with some injury or another and their bodies just aren`t responding.

They played all out for 2 months and as great as that was, I have a feeling it left a ton of guys absolutely gassed, let`s hope they get it together when it counts most, and February 17th isn`t that day (though I wouldn`t be opposed to a 4-5 game win streak right about now)

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:51 AM
BruinsPortugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
He has looked un-Chara like which leads me to believe, and I have now that there`s something holding him back a bit. Not making excuses but I think this lineup is far more banged up than anyone here knows, they aren`t like a few teams I don`t need to mention who`ll flop/fake/embellish and I truly believe there are about 3-4 players right now playing with some injury or another and their bodies just aren`t responding.

They played all out for 2 months and as great as that was, I have a feeling it left a ton of guys absolutely gassed, let`s hope they get it together when it counts most, and February 17th isn`t that day (though I wouldn`t be opposed to a 4-5 game win streak right about now)
Could be.
The one thing scaring me the most right now is the schedule going forward, absolutely terrible.

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Could be.
The one thing scaring me the most right now is the schedule going forward, absolutely terrible.
For sure, they knew it was coming, which makes that insane streak they got on so crucial. This team is severly banged up, patching holes with bandages and as uninspiring and frustrating as their play is, even a .500 record may be as well as they can do.

Opponents really only have to focus on the Bergy line to shut down, with secondary checking on the Krejci line as DK has clearly gone into one of his funks regardless of the goal last night. This team is deep...........when healthy, the players that have suffered injury unfortunately are one`s who eat major minutes and are fairly regular offensive contributors, tough to replace that.

I see a trade coming for sure, with Pevs gone for an extended time (and let`s not discount time required to get back into real game shape) and Horty too, I see their initial plan of a "depth" move becoming more focused on a guy who`ll be able to step in and contribute offensively.

Chia is now in a position of relative weakness IMO, everyone knows what they "need" and the price to aquire for him could very well be higher.

I still have more than loads of faith in this group regardless, and I have more than reasonable expectations that it just isn`t easy to repeat, but the boys will bring it back on track when it counts

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg1950 View Post

You're right, they did look tired.

However, Winnipeg played on the road the night before and the B's were in Winnipeg waiting for them. First game at home after a road trip is suppose to be a bad game for home team. I think it basically came down to what team was more motivated and that was clearly the Jets.

Andy Brickley's simple solution seems to apply for the Bs right now: move your feet.
They are reaching instead of skating, hence little chance to hit. Stationary in both slot areas, getting beat to pucks in front. Passing is off because forwards are not consistently come hard out of the zone. And of course, the stationary power play.

Dennis Bonvie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:34 AM
DanceswithBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
A few observations...

1- People need to stop to look at our goaltenders as the " problem ". In fact, both guys were terrific for a pretty good stretch; bailing out their teammates and making their life is easier... maybe too easy at some point. As Jmiller said, seeing both guys being " bad " at the same time should tell you something about the team as a whole.

2- The Bruins are playing subpar defense for a good month and half or so. Careless plays in all three zones; stupid cross ice/ blind passes... We are not focus and commited to play sound defense.

3- We need more from Lucic and David " On/Off " Krejci need to smarten up and play like he suppose to play. 2 points in the last 10 games is not enough. Wake up, big goof, your team need you.

4- Chiarelli doesn't have the choice: He have to make a deal or two to solidify our team. We need a legit 20 goals scorer and someone who's good enough ( at the blueline ) to reduce the workload of Chara. The guy look tired as hell...
How about Ryder? Wonder what they would have to give up for him? To get a 20 goal scorer now Chia would have to pay through the nose.

I look for Krejci to be gone shortly. When you start getting beat by, out hit by and pushed around by the Jets your playoff run is about 4 games......assuming they make it there. Not a lock the way they are playing.

DanceswithBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 10:40 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
How was Hennessey I was watching the game then lost internet connection by the time I got it back it was the 3rd and nothing was going right
Tough to get a read on him from one game (I haven't seen any of Provi this year), but I didn't think he looked out of place in what I saw from him. Made smart, safe decisions, and looks to be a pretty decent skater.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Vyper

Tough loss on this one but Winnipeg is on fire and surely will knock the Leafs outta the playoffs soon enough with the way the Leafs have been playing. B's better start pickin it up soon though.

Vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
A few observations...

This is exactly right. It's not the play in net, it's a failure by the d and forwards to execute CJ's system correctly.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote