HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Is anyone still awake?

Old
02-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Cam98

vCash: 500
such a boring game.

Cam98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles Glasses View Post
Went to the Megadeth concert in lieu of watching the Oilers game, sounds like I made the correct choice.

Good to see K_uger continue his Gillberg like streak though.
Megadeth was in town? I didn't even hear about it. I've seen them three times and I can't wait to see them again.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Gagner was carrying Hall and Eberle all night.
It was killing you that you couldn't say this for the past 2 weeks, wasn't it?

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:40 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Went to the Megadeth concert in lieu of watching the Oilers game, sounds like I made the correct choice.

And Gagner IMO did have a pretty poor game, but I'd still like to see some balance to our top 2 lines, besides adding a Grigorenko or maybe Galchenyuk I don't think that we'll see that unless RNH is centering the 2nd line.

02-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

And Gagner IMO did have a pretty poor game, but I'd still like to see some balance to our top 2 lines, besides adding a Grigorenko or maybe Galchenyuk I don't think that we'll see that unless RNH is centering the 2nd line.
And why single out just him all the forwards on top 3 lines were brutal and even if you don't count Gags 8 pt game he still has 8 pts last 7 games he is playing good.

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:02 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
It was killing you that you couldn't say this for the past 2 weeks, wasn't it?
Its ok, that still leaves me fifty weeks to shine the light of truth. Everyone needs some time off now and again.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Its ok, that still leaves me fifty weeks to shine the light of truth. Everyone needs some time off now and again.
Didn't I say as soon as Gagner has one bad game the vultures would be out again?

Old
02-18-2012, 03:19 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
And why single out just him all the forwards on top 3 lines were brutal and even if you don't count Gags 8 pt game he still has 8 pts last 7 games he is playing good.
Because he was brought up by others earlier. He was far from the only one that didn't have a good game. I could probably count on one hand the guys that I thought played well and still have a few fingers left.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:23 AM
Senor Catface

It's interesting, that thing called perspective. I'm a Gagner fan, but I get a kick out of posters jumping on people who call him out on a bad game. I guess it was ok for certain posters to be like "where's IATL now...we were right, we were right...REPENT SINNERS" after a really nice series of games, but it's NOT ok for anyone to complain if he has a bad game. Can't have it both ways.

So when I see people getting on someone for complaining about a bad game, I just think of all the mockery (for some reason) that was thrown at people that weren't Gagner fans, simply because of a whopping 4 game run.

I like Gagner, but at the same time, I will always listen to those who don't. Not mock them when Gagner does well, or complain about other players like PRV ad nauseum, simply because at the start of the season someone had the AUDACITY to compare their roles on the team going forward. Sir, I am STILL offended. How dare you! It goes both ways I guess.

PS This team sucks. Watching this game was painful. FML.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:27 AM
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Drug View Post
I actually fell asleep at my desk.

I went to be at 11pm london time last as it was my first day off in two weeks of 12 hour shifts

gonzo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:38 AM
Eytinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
It's interesting, that thing called perspective. I'm a Gagner fan, but I get a kick out of posters jumping on people who call him out on a bad game. I guess it was ok for certain posters to be like "where's IATL now...we were right, we were right...REPENT SINNERS" after a really nice series of games, but it's NOT ok for anyone to complain if he has a bad game. Can't have it both ways.

So when I see people getting on someone for complaining about a bad game, I just think of all the mockery (for some reason) that was thrown at people that weren't Gagner fans, simply because of a whopping 4 game run.

I like Gagner, but at the same time, I will always listen to those who don't. Not mock them when Gagner does well, or complain about other players like PRV ad nauseum, simply because at the start of the season someone had the AUDACITY to compare their roles on the team going forward. Sir, I am STILL offended. How dare you! It goes both ways I guess.

PS This team sucks. Watching this game was painful. FML.
If you call out Gagner game after game and then disappear when he does well, only to pop up again after ONE bad game, then you deserve to get called out.

Old
02-18-2012, 04:46 AM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Seinfeld + WWF reference.

Vomiting Kermit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
As well as Gags has played lately, last game aside, we're still not structured to win. Gagner is a 2nd line c playing first line so when RNH comes back, that should put the 1st line back where it should be. What we're going to need depends on Hemsky's return or not. If he is resigned, we will still need another 2nd line player because Magnus isn't ready and looks like he needs to go back down for probably a season or so. You see quick glimpses everytime he comes back but quickly reverts to the old ways.
If Hemmer doesn't come back, we're missing 2 x 2nd line players..Sure we have some fill-ins but they're not actually 2nd line material. Smytty is older and shouldn't have to play those mins. Horcoff is a 3rd line center and the rest are 3rd/4th line players. I don't see any in OKC that are 2nd liners, at least at the moment, so as much as we need defence, I think we're still going to need, either a large upgrade at center and a wing or 2 fairly large, skilled wingers.

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:31 AM
cheesed-off*

Quote:

Hahahahaha, K uger. K uger.

cheesed-off* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 08:47 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
If you call out Gagner game after game and then disappear when he does well, only to pop up again after ONE bad game, then you deserve to get called out.
I cant wait until we draft Grigorenko (yes, its going to happen) and then we can finally flush Gagner down the toilet and not have to watch him flop around on the ice like a seal anymore. It will also signal the end of Horcoff and Belanger on the pp.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Perfect_Drug

Quote:
I cant wait until we draft Grigorenko (yes, its going to happen) and then we can finally flush Gagner down the toilet and not have to watch him flop around on the ice like a seal anymore. It will also signal the end of Horcoff and Belanger on the pp.
Agree with the sentiment.

But Doesnt Belanger play point?

And I'm sure Horc will still C while grigorenko takes Hemsky's current spot. ;(

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Oilfan2
Oil the way..

vCash: 1507
Quote:
I'd love to have Grigorenko as our 2nd line C. A tandem of RNH and Grigs would be great to see and secure that position for many years. However, I don't share your sentiments in regards to Gagner. I think he's still an excellent young player and would look good on Grigorenko's wing. We just need a LW to compliment and we're off....

Oilfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Soundwave

Quote:
Pretty sure Gagner would get converted to RW in this scenario, lol.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:38 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
such a boring game.
that was one of the worst games of the season!! i was so bored after the 2nd, a watched something else because i knew where this game was going...and i guess i was right, they only got one goal back so i didn't end up missing much in the 3rd.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Asher

Quote:
I'm guessing there is a greater than 50% chance that gagner returns next year. Besides, is Grigorenko a lock to make the NHL next year? If not, who's your 2C? Gagner provides some insurance that way. If Grigorenko does make it, gagner is your 2RW.

I said at the beginning of the year I didn't see both gagner and hemsky returning in 12-13 and now it looks obvious Hemsky is the odd man out. I think gagner has played himself into an extention though (not necessarily my opinion, mind you, but the way I think management is heading).

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Dabomb

Whitney is so bad at trying to keep the puck in the offensive zone on the PP

Dabomb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:57 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Who disappeared? I saw a whole bunch or Gagner love from a number of his biggest detractors, me included.

Quote:
We might still keep Gagner as a 2nd line winger at that point, so don't be so sure that that would be the end of Gagner here. It would bolster the hell out of our 2nd line though, that's for damn sure.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Hemskyfanboy83

Despite not being a very good ES player, Potter is way better than Whitney on the PP. Whitney just sucks back there.

Hemskyfanboy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:19 PM
Mentallydull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmageddon View Post
I disagree with this - Eberle and Hall were flying all night, had a couple of great chances. Jones looked hungry and Eager was doing well until he took a stupid penalty.

Everyone else, for the most part, was garbage though.

Mentallydull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:21 PM
waffen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabomb View Post
Whitney is so bad at trying to keep the puck in the offensive zone on the PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemskyfanboy83 View Post
Despite not being a very good ES player, Potter is way better than Whitney on the PP. Whitney just sucks back there.

the caoches must know this, so why do they keep trotting him out there..?

a.) even though they know he`s having difficulties, even more so in regular strength, the PP is the highest & best oppertunity to showcase him for a trade

b.) he`s a veteran with such a crappy attitude in the dressing room, that these coaches are placating him to keep the b!tching at a minimum

c.) the coaches don`t want to send Peaches out for PP because they already know he`s good-to-go on it but they are tanking and they want Peaches`s Offense #`s artificially lower for contract neg.. that would also explain why the HELL they are sending out Bob (the price is wrong) Barker on PP as well..

d.) all of the above

waffen is offline   Reply With Quote