HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jake Gardiner may have to be included as part of a package for Rick Nash

Old
02-18-2012, 12:00 AM
RogerRoeper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
ok , we dont have him , what do we have to look forward to? free agency. like connelly

garbo and nash would lite up the league, then we have lupul and kessel
Can we even afford to keep Grabo with Nash's 8 million per salary?

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Nitrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
ok , we dont have him , what do we have to look forward to? free agency. like connelly

garbo and nash would lite up the league, then we have lupul and kessel
We have some good prospects to look forward to playing.

Nitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:03 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

[QUOTE=RogerRoeper;44355497]Can we even afford to keep Grabo with Nash's 8 million per salary?[/QUOT

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash35 View Post
Your drunk, no way he is worth that much. I would give up Gardiner as much as it would hurt but I wouldn't add much more then MacArthur and a 2nd to that deal.
The point of trading Kulie would be to open up a LW spot, and trading Kulemin isn't going to hurt if Nash is the one working on his spot.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:06 AM
True Blue Quixote

1) Cox, and most other media clowns, either just make stuff up, or try the shotgun approach....fire everything and see what sticks. Dreger and MacKenzie are just as bad as this bozo.

2) There are probably only 2 truly untouchable guys this year...Kessel and Lupul. Everyone else should be available.

3) You've got to ask yourself, is this team better with Nash and without Gardner (+ other trade candidates), or is it better with Gardner (+ other trade candidates) and without Nash?

If we get in, and we get Boston in the first round, Kaberle Jr...oops, I mean Gardiner, will be of little value. Last I looked he had the 4th most giveaways on the team, behind Kessel, Lupul, and Phaneuf. That ranking would surely rise as the Bruins would have their way with him behind the net, against the boards.

It's his first year. He hasn't proven that he is worth keeping yet, versus the context of being a compulsory component to getting Nash. Sure he has potential, but Nash, arguably, is a proven commodity.

Move Gardiner if you have to.

True Blue Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:08 AM
RogerRoeper*

The Toronto media is a joke. If Nash was on the Leafs earning 8 million per they'd be laughing at how horrible he is.

Kessel is a better player than Rick Nash.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Ash35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
The point of trading Kulie would be to open up a LW spot, and trading Kulemin isn't going to hurt if Nash is the one working on his spot.
Or we can keep Kulemin on the 3rd line and hope he is just having an off year. He did score 30 goals last year. Nash only got 32.

Ash35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:11 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Or we can keep Kulemin on the 3rd line and hope he is just having an off year. He did score 30 goals last year. Nash only got 32.
Do u seriously think moving Kulie in a deal for Nash is a risk? I like Kulie and he is certainly one of the better two-way players and arguably the hardest on our roster but I think some of our fans need to tone down a little with these horrendous over-hyping of our players including Gardiner ( who I have said countless times is a solid young player but not quite the untouchable peice yet).

Last edited by Fearless Leaf*: 02-18-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old
02-18-2012, 12:16 AM
bberard34

No thanks. Jake stays.

bberard34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Gorbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
On what planet is Rick Nash worth that? You're buying into the media love-affair with Nash. He's a 60-65 point forward who's overpaid.

This.

I'd like to see something like this:

Komi
Connolly
Gustavsson
Frattin/Kadri/1st

for:
Nash
Mason
4th

We get rid of 2 bad contracts (Komi would probably do very well for them actually) and they get a better goalie than they have. It's pretty balanced if you can get past the hype on Nash, and Mason might return to form with a change of scenery.

Gorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Ash35

Quote:
Do u seriously think moving Kulie in a deal for Nash is a risk?

It is when you are already offering Gardiner (our best prospect) , MacArthur (who almost had as many points as him last year and has almost has as many goals as him this year) Not to mention Franson who has also shown himself to be valuable. That is way too much.

Last edited by Ash35: 02-18-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old
02-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Slapshot17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Can we even afford to keep Grabo with Nash's 8 million per salary?
It's called put Tim Connolly on waivers.

That being said, why in the world would we give up this years best rookie defenceman for anyone right now. Stay the course, and develop talent, it's the only way we're going to become a good team in the long term. Patience builds winners.

Slapshot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:22 AM
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User

vCash: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorbo View Post

This.

I'd like to see something like this:

Komi
Connolly
Gustavsson
Frattin/Kadri/1st

for:
Nash
Mason
4th

We get rid of 2 bad contracts (Komi would probably do very well for them actually) and they get a better goalie than they have. It's pretty balanced if you can get past the hype on Nash, and Mason might return to form with a change of scenery.
I think some of the overpayments for Nash on this forum are absolutely insane but I think you've gone too far the other way. They aren't going to get what some fans think, but they will do better than what you've proposed. Why would Columbus take 2 bad contracts off of us? At this point Komi and Connolly have negative value, and Gus would be worth a 2nd or 3rd. So basically 2nd + 1st + two bad contracts for Nash+. Your proposal is basically like the Phaneuf deal so Columbus' gm would have to be ******** for it to actually happen lol

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:23 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Do u seriously think moving Kulie in a deal for Nash is a risk? I like Kulie and he is certainly one of the better two-way players and arguably the hardest on our roster but I think some of our fans need to tone down a little with these horrendous over-hyping of our players including Gardiner ( who I have said countless times is a solid young player but not quite the untouchable peice yet).
You mean like how the media overhypes Nash as a "Franchise Player"?

Old
02-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Ash35

Quote:
How are we overhyping our players . It is a FACT last year our 2ND line out scored almost every 1st line in the league and you want to give away amost all of it including 2 of our best young defenceman for one 65 point player.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Donato
#BarSouth

Trade Gardiner so boston doesn't have their way with us this year.. makes a lot of sense.

Why not just call up a few bigger, more defensive d's ?

Phaneuf Aulie
Schenn Gunnarsson
Holzer/ Komiserek, Liles

Or just trade gardiner ++ for one bigger forward .. yeah that will fix boston good!!

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
It is when you are already offering Gardiner (our best prospect) , MacArthur (who almost had as many points as him last year and has almost has as many goals as him this year) Not to mention Franson who has also shown to himself to be valuable. That is way too much.
Well when you're getting a legit star player in return that has massive combination of skill/size/grit than it is not really a big deal as many of u are making it out to be. You have to give up a major peice and few good players to get a player this rare., and that package is hardly giving away the future, as we still have Kadri, Colborne, Frattin etc who can fill out the third line role easily.

Oh well, I guess some of u guys just don't see Nash as a difference maker the way I see it.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Donato
#BarSouth

Quote:
How are we overhyping our players . It is a FACT last year our 2ND line out scored almost every 1st line in the league and you want to give away amost all of it including 2 of our best prospects for one 65 point player.

I couldn't agree more,.. Lets move all our depth and pieces that are working right now.. to acquire a guy who the media keeps raising his trade value..

Wasn't Macarthur a 60 point guy last year?.. oh but wait.. Nash has all that playoff experience.. we knows he's gonna be really good in the playoffs.. give them the farm boys.

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Slapshot17

Whomever gets Nash is going to have to send some Salary back in order to help them get back to the Salary Floor. If it is Toronto, I could see Connolly involved with some younger players/prospects & picks.

Slapshot17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Well when you're getting a legit star player in return that has massive combination of skill/size/grit than it is not really a big deal as many of u are making it out to be. You have to give up a major peice and few good players to get a player this rare., and that package is hardly giving a future, as we still have Kadri, Colborne, Frattin etc who can fill out the third line role.

Oh well, I guess some of u guys just don't see Nash as a difference maker the way I see it.
I see it as you fill one hole but make another one on defence. We need to develop some younger core defencemen to grow with this team.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Razorwing

I swear if Burke does this trade, it will be like the Kovalchuk deal all over again.

Razorwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:34 AM
JMcLeaf
Unregistered User

vCash: 3290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorwing View Post
I swear if Burke does this trade, it will be like the Kovalchuk deal all over again.
Do you mean a similar return?

JMcLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Gorbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post
I think some of the overpayments for Nash on this forum are absolutely insane but I think you've gone too far the other way. They aren't going to get what some fans think, but they will do better than what you've proposed. Why would Columbus take 2 bad contracts off of us? At this point Komi and Connolly have negative value, and Gus would be worth a 2nd or 3rd. So basically 2nd + 1st + two bad contracts for Nash+. Your proposal is basically like the Phaneuf deal so Columbus' gm would have to be ******** for it to actually happen lol
The only reason Komi is a bad contract is our depth. He'd be a #2/#3 on CLS right now.

I agree that its in the leafs favor, but its close. Swap Connolly with Lupul?

Gorbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:40 AM
ThinMcWhistle

Gardiner now is the way we used to talk about Schenn a few years back.. Just saying.

ThinMcWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:41 AM
True Blue Quixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Trade Gardiner so boston doesn't have their way with us this year.. makes a lot of sense.
This is about Gardiner, and not Boston. Using Boston as an example of a possible 1st round matchup was meant to convey Gardiner's inevitable lack of effectiveness against what has been proven to be a successful, physical team. Too bad you missed that obvious intent.

Or maybe you think that a pretty pass or 2, and waiving a stick as Lucic barrels over him on his way to scoring, is a fine example of Gardiner's effectiveness in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Or just trade gardiner ++ for one bigger forward .. yeah that will fix boston good!!
A bigger forward may be more effective than a Kaberle lite. But, that we won't know until, or unless, it happens, so there's no point arguing hypotheticals, because, well, heck, you probably think this is about Boston.

True Blue Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote