HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 06:56 PM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
I'm interested in Kostitsyn, too. I don't know if I'd want to give up ANOTHER 2nd rounder for a rental though...we need to start holding on to our picks. AK's value is probably pretty low right now, we could maybe snag him for Mitchell and a decent prospect. I get the feeling DW is done making moves though.

On another note, looks like LA and NYR are the frontrunners for Nash. Thank god DW ducked out of that.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of forwards available this year so the cost is going to be high. Not saying I'd want him, but if Wilson is going to make another move, I'd prefer to trade the 2nd for AK than what it would take for Nash.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Do you really want to risk splitting up one of McGinn-Handzus or Winchester-Desi just to add another guy that likely isn't going to do well as a scorer for us in the playoffs? At least Moore, while not being a sure thing to fail in terms of production, can provide the team with speed, PK'ing, and overall good defense. Kostitsyn provides none of those things.
I'm a trade junkie, what can I say. I just hate how incomplete our 3rd line is. And I don't think McGinn-Zeus pairing gonna do anything in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:01 PM
glasgow26

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of forwards available this year so the cost is going to be high. Not saying I'd want him, but if Wilson is going to make another move, I'd prefer to trade the 2nd for AK than what it would take for Nash.
Oh, I 100% agree about trading for a guy like AK instead of selling the farm for Nash. I want no part of that albatross of a contract.

You're probably right about having to pay a high price for Kostitsyn, that was just wishful thinking on my part. I guess what I meant is I'd rather just stand pat than move another high pick for a rental. The lack of talent in our prospect pool is starting to scare me.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Would a 2nd be all it would take for AK? Or would it be 2nd+?

Kind of bad market for us .. all we want is a tweener. We dont 'need' a top line player like Nash and the money that it asks for but there really is nothing out there.

02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
I'm a trade junkie, what can I say. I just hate how incomplete our 3rd line is. And I don't think McGinn-Zeus pairing gonna do anything in the playoffs.
Amen, brotha. I'm expecting nothing out of those two in PO's.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:10 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post

Kind of bad market for us .. all we want is a tweener. We dont 'need' a top line player like Nash and the money that it asks for but there really is nothing out there.
Considering the market, 2nd +, but that plus shouldn't be too much.

There are a lot of teams looking for offensive help and not a whole lot of offensive players seem to available. LA, Nashville, Boston, Detroit, to name a few, are all rumored to want a forward and can all likely make a better offer than the Sharks.

It still sounds like there's a small chance Ruutu could still be moved as well.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:12 PM
hockeyball

If DW was done he likely would have said "We are always on the lookout for players that will make our team better, but we've made the move we wanted to make" or something.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If DW was done he likely would have said "We are always on the lookout for players that will make our team better, but we've made the move we wanted to make" or something.
He would never say the second part. And what was his recent quote?

Old
02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Considering the market, 2nd +, but that plus shouldn't be too much.

There are a lot of teams looking for offensive help and not a whole lot of offensive players seem to available. LA, Nashville, Boston, Detroit, to name a few, are all rumored to want a forward and can all likely make a better offer than the Sharks.

It still sounds like there's a small chance Ruutu could still be moved as well.
THe NBC guys in the Caps/Canes game says that it is likely he wont get moved .. so basically there is a good chance that he will .. right?

Also, is it possible that teams like the Islanders, Canes, Habs, etc. which are hanging my a delicate thread to make the playoffs make players available if then end up losing their next few games before the deadline?

Old
02-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Kitten Mittons

Getting Rutuu would cost a 1st rd pick and it's not worth it since we won't be able to re-sign him.

OR

we can trade for both AK and Ruutu and give it one last shot:

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Ruutu-Moore-AK
McGinn-Handzus-Winchester

Whaaaaat.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I don't think he'd say that until after the TDL.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Our third line is incomplete mainly due to injuries. No Havlat hurts things and that line has done fairly well overall in the limited time it was together. I'd rather like the team overall going with...

Clowe-Couture-Moore
McGinn-Handzus-Havlat
Winchester-Desjardins-Mitchell

It's just tough when injuries create uncertainty. I can understand the need to add more depth but I would just rather have a guy that can be relied upon defensively when nobody is going to be a consistent offensive presence in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:22 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
THe NBC guys in the Caps/Canes game says that it is likely he wont get moved .. so basically there is a good chance that he will .. right?

Also, is it possible that teams like the Islanders, Canes, Habs, etc. which are hanging my a delicate thread to make the playoffs make players available if then end up losing their next few games before the deadline?
The Islanders won't trade anyone that the Sharks would be interested in.

Canes group is young and all of their forwards, aside from Ruutu are either RFA's next year or under contract, they won't be moving anyone unless someone suddenly wants to trade for Stewart (who recently cleared waivers).

Not sure there's anyone on the Habs that would be avail that would interest the Sharks either - it's really a very strange trade market this year.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Our third line is incomplete mainly due to injuries. No Havlat hurts things and that line has done fairly well overall in the limited time it was together. I'd rather like the team overall going with...

Clowe-Couture-Moore
McGinn-Handzus-Havlat
Winchester-Desjardins-Mitchell
I would switch Pavs with Havlat. Yeah it makes the line slower and Zeus already played with him but Pavs already proved that he can make a great line with a bunch of nobodies. Plus the top line does need some creativity.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

I think David Jones is a pretty decent option for 3rd line wing. 12-11-23 through 50 games this year. Just 10 games of playoff experience with one assist, but that was in 07-08, so it doesn't mean much of anything. I know he's been talked about--how could we get him here/what are people's thoughts on him?

Old
02-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
I would switch Pavs with Havlat. Yeah it makes the line slower and Zeus already played with him but Pavs already proved that he can make a great line with a bunch of nobodies. Plus the top line does need some creativity.
It definitely could but I don't like the idea of Marleau with Havlat especially when the third line gets slowed down like that. That kind of thing would work well in the regular season and even in the first round or two in the playoffs but like last year in the third round, when a team will get quicker and better at that depth level, it will kill that slow line.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Kitten Mittons

I don't think Avs have any desire to part with him but sure I'd love to have him.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:49 PM
bleedteal12

Quote:
I don't think Avs have any desire to part with him but sure I'd love to have him.
Correction: Avs fans don't have any desire to part with him.

Avs management has no such qualms, I imagine. He's scratched seemingly all the time, despite doing great on Stastny's wing. The Avs organization is an absolute disaster. I wouldn't at all be surprised if, say, Jones were traded and Hunwick or Porter were kept.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmarleautime View Post
He's scratched seemingly all the time, despite doing great on Stastny's wing.
Is it his attitude, defense, what? McGinn-Moore-Jones = sexy.

Old
02-20-2012, 07:59 PM
bleedteal12

Quote:
Is it his attitude, defense, what? McGinn-Moore-Jones = sexy.
As far as I've noticed, none of the above. Probably for the same reasons Vandermeer always gets scratched despite doing just fine. Not that Jones is particularly a wizard at anything, but he's no worse than anyone else.

It's especially befuddling for a team like the Avs who needs all the scoring they can get. But no, they jettison Jones to the press box...

It hurts the team, too, in terms of consistency. While McLellan juggles lines all the time, he has pairings/trios he likes together. Comparatively, the only two Avs that have always been together are O'Reilly and Landeskog. It's not exactly rocket science as to why Stastny and the team have been on and off this year.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:02 PM
Kitten Mittons

Then it's settled. 2nd+Mitchell for Jones

Old
02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Where do I sign?

Old
02-20-2012, 08:36 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
White + Mitchell for Jones.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

Quote:

A 2nd for AK? I think I'm down like Charlie Brown. Would rather do Mitchell + 3rd though. Too bad DW won't trade for a Russian...

Old
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
White + Mitchell for Jones.
White for a conditional 7th.

Closed Thread