HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
I'm for it. He'd be a very low risk high reward player. If he starts to act up, f him. Waive or scratch the rest of the year.
That's what I said two days ago, but the idea was thoroughly shot down here. Like I said, we need some character. Some edge. And he has tremendous work ethic. And now a Sharks star player wants him and says they'll keep him in check? AND half his salary and caphit is paid by the Dallas Stars?

DW should pull this one off. We could get him for a bag of pucks.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Iron Chef

CBJ trades Vermette to PHX for a couple of draft picks (don't know which ones yet...)

PHX really wants that Pac Div title.

EDIT: It's for a 2nd round pick in 2012, 5th round pick in 2013, and goalie prospect Curtis McElhinney

Old
02-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
CBJ trades Vermette to PHX for a couple of draft picks (don't know which ones yet...)

All we need now is for LA to make a trade and DW will go into panic mode ..

02-22-2012, 12:10 PM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
All we need now is for LA to make a trade and DW will go into panic mode ..
DW doesn't panic, he's in a tanning bed somewhere completely relaxed and saying it's all going to my master plan that no one knows!

Old
02-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:

EDIT: It's for a 2nd round pick in 2012, 5th round pick in 2013, and goalie prospect Curtis McElhinney
That's actually cheap. His contract must have been a drag.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Iron Chef

I agree, I feel like Vermette could garner a bit more than that. And just got another update, that 5th round pick becomes a 4th round pick if PHX wins a playoff round this year

Old
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Heard 5th round pick becomes 4th round if the Yotes win a playoff round this year. Still cheap though.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
magic school bus

Quote:

Our slump might have cost us a Doan or Whitney. They might be sellers if we had runaway with the division. Another team in the hunt raises prices too.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

proof that Columbus will blow the Nash trade and go down as worse than the Thornton trade ... Howson is an idiot

Old
02-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
proof that Columbus will blow the Nash trade and go down as worse than the Thornton trade ... Howson is an idiot
Nice avi.

I want David Jones, dammit!

Old
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Les Wynan*

Vermette would have been a better addition than Moore if they'd be able to jettison Handzus in the offseason to make cap space.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Our slump might have cost us a Doan or Whitney. They might be sellers if we had runaway with the division. Another team in the hunt raises prices too.
Why? They'd be a playoff team anyway.

02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
Even if we accept your analysis, there are clearly a couple of superior teams.
What do you mean? I've never claimed the Sharks are the best team in the league. Detroit, St. Louis, Vancouver and Chicago are all better in the West alone...then there's Pittsburgh and Boston in the East who are superior to San Jose. I'm just saying there's very little chance this losing streak spirals out of control and costs the Sharks the division title.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Vermette has been crap for 1 1/2 years. He can't even make the 2nd line in Columbus.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol

Haha PHX isn't messing around apparently

Old
02-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Vermette has been crap for 1 1/2 years. He can't even make the 2nd line in Columbus.
No he hasn't. His PDO this season is 952 - he's been one of the unluckiest players in the league. I would bet anything Maloney and the Coyotes org. are well aware of that and Howson doesn't have a ****ing clue.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
No he hasn't. His PDO this season is 952 - he's been one of the unluckiest players in the league. I would bet anything Maloney and the Coyotes org. are well aware of that and Howson doesn't have a ****ing clue.
I agree. There's also psychology involved too. A player leaves a craphole to go to a legitimate contender (which PHX is now), he's so excited and comes out guns blazing. I think its a great deal for PHX.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
I agree. There's also psychology involved too. A player leaves a craphole to go to a legitimate contender (which PHX is now), he's so excited and comes out guns blazing. I think its a great deal for PHX.
Maloney is one hell of a GM. Everyone heaps praise on Tippett for Phoenix's success but Maloney has assembled, for very little cost in terms of assets and cash, a core of undervalued players like Vrbata, Whitney, Korpikoski, Klesla and Hanzal (he extended him at a fair price even though he didn't acquire him) who can flat-out win puck battles and drive possession against guys on opposing teams who make $6-8mil. Vermette fits like a glove.

It's hard not to root for the Coyotes. Absolutely nothing has been handed to that organization and they find ways to remain competitive.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

I thought the Sharks got Hanzal in the off-season instead of Handzus.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:15 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Why? They'd be a playoff team anyway.
If we ran away with the division, maybe PHX loses a couple more games and becomes sellers. Just a couple weeks ago, getting Ray Whitney seemed possible.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
edgeicator

What about clowe plus something else for Stastny? Could that ever work out?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
Maloney is one hell of a GM. Everyone heaps praise on Tippett for Phoenix's success but Maloney has assembled, for very little cost in terms of assets and cash, a core of undervalued players like Vrbata, Whitney, Korpikoski, Klesla and Hanzal (he extended him at a fair price even though he didn't acquire him) who can flat-out win puck battles and drive possession against guys on opposing teams who make $6-8mil. Vermette fits like a glove.

It's hard not to root for the Coyotes. Absolutely nothing has been handed to that organization and they find ways to remain competitive.
I like Phoenix a lot. There really are not many dis-likable players on that team, if any.

God I hope these talks about Seattle building a new arena and the Yotes moving to Seattle work out. Would be nice to have a good #2 team to root for .. too bad they are in the same division as the Sharks though.

Old
02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
do0glas

im glad phoenix is challenging us for the top spot. i think we got way to comfortable up there with games in hand and its showing. im ready for the real sharks to show up.

we have to ask ourselves before any major trades happen:

A. What impact does an 75-85% Havlat have on the sharks.

B. Where does Sheppard fit into the overall picture.

C. Is DW one to throw the dice, or does he like to have plans b/c

we know that hes one to emulate success rather than pioneer it, which is why we thought he would be going for depth tweener players rather than a top 6, but when havlat/sheppard are healthy do we already have that?

marleau-thornton-pavs
clowe-couture-havlat
mcginn-moore-sheppard? (can he play wing?)
winchester-zeus-take your pick (my guess in depth order mitchell/wingels/ferriero)

For me, I still see a hole in our bottom six (ive never seen sheppard play, but his point totals +/- etc from the wild are ehhh) wingels has the tools to slot in, but he lacks any goal scoring prowess, and ferriero lacks the tools but has a scoring touch.) mitchell is really fast...

can moore slot in at wing in the top 6 and provide some kind of spark if needed?

do we need just that one more tweener with proving goal threat and soft hands?

Old
02-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Ok I just saw this in the comments on the NHL.com article about the Sharks being interested in Nash. Couldn't help but laugh

Quote:
Ianperry29 minutes ago
I think that sharks should try to get the devils captin from the devils for mitchell, number 12, or Brent Bruns 88 has not preformed to up to par if this was golf he score on a hole would be a 7+ above par thats how bad or if this bowling he would a grand total of 7 points.

Not a good trade if wanted a big body D man we should hav tried for Hall Gill, she Webber, or Kevin Beskia Form Van Number 3 form van
I'm a huge sharks fan I don't like Number 3 from Van but he's someone that the skill set what the sharks need a big rugged D-man Like D murry.

Quote:
Dominique Richard12 hours ago
im kind of surprised they said no to trading Couture. The sharks are probably the deepest team in the NHL with centres. They could easily give one up for a good winger like Nash

Old
02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

CAR and Tuomo Ruutu agree to terms on a four-year extension with an AAV of $4.75M. #TradeCentre #tsn.

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Closed Thread