HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2012, 03:05 PM
do0glas

vCash: 500
i like demers, but braun gets the nod for me on the second pairing.

once white is in the mix, even with the lowest minutes on the ice he can mess up bad enough to become -.

havent seen vandy play enough to really say that he wouldnt cause any goals, but i always thought (like Greiss) when put on the ice he has delivered in the way that we needed.

going into the playoffs with.

marleau-thornton-pavs
clowe-couture-havlat
mcginn-moore-wingels
winchester-zeus(sheppard?)-desjardins

vlasic-boyle
braun-burns
murray-demers

i feel confident.

which is one of the reasons i think we are being linked with nash, we are very dependant on team chemistry...which is why are one of the few teams with three players on 20+ goal seasons. so im guessing the theory is nash (while being top 6) would also be considered depth due to his scoring skills.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:09 PM
WTFetus

Raymond this season is like Hudler last season, pretty much in every proposal made by their respective team.

Old
02-23-2012, 03:15 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I mean depth this year.

Vlasic-Boyle
Demers-Burns
Murray-Braun

is this team's defense healthy. I am very confident going into the playoffs with that D. Take out Demers and replace him with White, and I'm not so pleased.

Neither will be anywhere near Demers' talent. Hell, I'll be pleasantly surprised if either of them can ever become a regular NHLer.
Agreed - plus, I'd be willing to bet the Isle's have no interest at all in moving Okposo.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Thorntonfan97
#GoldMedalInTheFace

Send a message via MSN to Thorntonfan97 Send a message via Yahoo to Thorntonfan97
A player I wouldnt mind getting is Chris Kelly but I bet the Bruins wouldnt move him

Old
02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 View Post
A player I wouldnt mind getting is Chris Kelly but I bet the Bruins wouldnt move him
Kelly is ridiculously overrated. The only reason his +/- is through the roof is because the Bruins have scored on around 11% of their ES shots when he's been on the ice while Thomas/Rask have stopped 94.7% of ES shots they've faced this season with Kelly on the ice. Neither of those is remotely sustainable and have nothing to do with Kelly's play. He's rode the luck train hard.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
If Murray's health is in question, I'd trade Colin White and a 2nd rounder in the 2013 draft for Mark Eaton. I believe that White would accept that trade as it lets him move back a lot closer to his family and Eaton would be a somewhat similar player to Murray minus the physicality. Then you can go out and trade a 4th in 2013 to Minnesota for Greg Zanon.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
If Murray's health is in question, I'd trade Colin White and a 2nd rounder in the 2013 draft for Mark Eaton. I believe that White would accept that trade as it lets him move back a lot closer to his family and Eaton would be a somewhat similar player to Murray minus the physicality. Then you can go out and trade a 4th in 2013 to Minnesota for Greg Zanon.
Eaton is not only worse than White, he's probably one of the worst regular defensemen in the NHL.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:23 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
I've always liked Zanon in the same mold as a Lydman so that'd be fantastic. We could use more gamers on the 3rd pairing.

Eaton would be solid, too. I forgot White has a NTC. Ugh.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:25 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
Eaton is not only worse than White, he's probably one of the worst regular defensemen in the NHL.
I agree, on top of that, why would White waive his NMC to go from a playoff team to the Islanders? 3 or 4 more months away from his family isn't going to make any difference at all.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:26 PM
do0glas

I think its been quickly shown what murray brings to this line up. we are getting steamrolled against quality lines in our top 4. (hyperbole i know, just what i see), and this is purely from a defensive perspective, and the opponent out forechecking us.

if murray is out, we need that physicality.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Yeah, sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalockrox View Post
I agree, on top of that, why would White waive his NMC to go from a playoff team to the Islanders? 3 or 4 more months away from his family isn't going to make any difference at all.
Why would he want to stay on a team that would conceivably not want him there anymore when he can play out the season closer to his family and go elsewhere if he wants? Personally, I've seen enough of White to know that if he's on the ice for the playoffs, the odds of winning are dramatically worse. I never claimed that Eaton was the ideal solution but you look at what's available on the blue line and it isn't much. Eaton and Zanon are about what the Sharks would be able to afford.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:37 PM
stalockrox

Kelly Chase seems to think Carter will go to the Kings for JJ and a 1st...I'll be really unhappy if the Kings get rid of Johnson!!

@chasenpucks39 Has Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a 1rst round pick been finalized? @TSNBobMcKenzie @DarrenDreger

Old
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Kelly Chase seems to think Carter will go to the Kings for JJ and a 1st...I'll be really unhappy if the Kings get rid of Johnson!!

@chasenpucks39 Has Jeff Carter for Jack Johnson and a 1rst round pick been finalized? @TSNBobMcKenzie @DarrenDreger
They can load up on Nash, Carter, or whoever they want up front. As long as Sutter is running the team, they're not getting out of the first round.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:

Howson's dumber than I thought if that goes down.

Quote:
Why would he want to stay on a team that would conceivably not want him there anymore when he can play out the season closer to his family and go elsewhere if he wants? Personally, I've seen enough of White to know that if he's on the ice for the playoffs, the odds of winning are dramatically worse. I never claimed that Eaton was the ideal solution but you look at what's available on the blue line and it isn't much. Eaton and Zanon are about what the Sharks would be able to afford.
One of your more ridiculous statements IMO. And there's no shortage of them to pick from. What do you see in Mark Eaton that indicates to you that he's any better than Colin White?

Old
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
Yeah, sure.

What exactly have you seen that says the team doesn't want him anymore? The fans may think he sucks but he's still in the lineup on a regular basis getting regular minutes. You're really reaching here with this one.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Les Wynan*

And, yeah, losing Jack Johnson from the Pacific Division would be a sad, sad day. I'll bet Toews and Datsyuk are salivating though.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
I think its been quickly shown what murray brings to this line up. we are getting steamrolled against quality lines in our top 4. (hyperbole i know, just what i see), and this is purely from a defensive perspective, and the opponent out forechecking us.

if murray is out, we need that physicality.
We have a LOT bigger problems right now that missing Douglas Murray

Old
02-23-2012, 04:48 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

TSNBobMcKenzie 2:46pm via Twitter for BlackBerry® LAK and CBJ are working hard to get a Jeff Carter trade done -- Jack Johnson's name featured prominently as well -- but told not done. Yet.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
stalockrox

Quote:
And, yeah, losing Jack Johnson from the Pacific Division would be a sad, sad day. I'll bet Toews and Datsyuk are salivating though.
I really, honestly can NOT believe that Howson has a job...if Johnson and a 1st are all that's going back, that's a total fleecing by LA and they get better just by losing JJ. Just a brutally bad move on Columbus' part here if this pans out.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Les Wynan*

So...Jackets ownership really is content with just letting the idiot who got them into this mess try and get them out? Flawless logic there.

"Buy low, sell high" - there isn't a more obvious strategy to asset management than that. And yet Howson is apparently clueless.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Les Wynan*

Quote:
I really, honestly can NOT believe that Howson has a job...if Johnson and a 1st are all that's going back, that's a total fleecing by LA and they get better just by losing JJ. Just a brutally bad move on Columbus' part here if this pans out.
He'll basically have turned two young, extremely good drivers of play and former top-10 picks in Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek into a third-pairing defenseman signed to a hilariously awful contract and a draft pick that will never see NHL ice. Incredible. JFJ could do a better job than him.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:54 PM
do0glas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
We have a LOT bigger problems right now that missing Douglas Murray
Definitely not calling him the centerpiece to our current skid, but we lost 4 in a row as soon as he went down on the ice. as it is now you are moving up defenders that arent as capable against top matchups and its just a domino effect from there.

we have significantly less depth on D than i originally thought for one thing.

vandemeer hasnt even gotten a sniff at this road trip while white has and weve lost all but one.

btw: vandy is at 3 pts in 16 with a +2. not even going to bother with whites stats in comparison

so if for whatever reason we are trying to pick up a defender to fill murrays hole (which i dont think is the case, as he wont be out for the season) it has to be like for like.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
KirbyDots

I wonder if DW senses a chance to swoop in and deprive the Kings of a desperate need. He's like a very tanned eagle er something.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
do0glas

Quote:
So...Jackets ownership really is content with just letting the idiot who got them into this mess try and get them out? Flawless logic there.

"Buy low, sell high" - there isn't a more obvious strategy to asset management than that. And yet Howson is apparently clueless.
in both nash and carters case he negotiated himself into a corner because he thought they were flag pieces in a perennial play off team.

carters contract is looooong, and still has a heavy cap hit.

nash will put almost every team in a cap bind and probably make them instantly lose some depth in the process.

...now that i re-read your post im guessing thats what you were alluding to anyway.

Old
02-23-2012, 05:05 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
One of your more ridiculous statements IMO. And there's no shortage of them to pick from. What do you see in Mark Eaton that indicates to you that he's any better than Colin White?
Yeah, sure.

Quote:
What exactly have you seen that says the team doesn't want him anymore? The fans may think he sucks but he's still in the lineup on a regular basis getting regular minutes. You're really reaching here with this one.
I didn't say that the team said it. I said conceivably for a reason. He's a regular in the lineup at this point because they haven't had much of a choice due to various injuries. Just because he continues to get regular minutes doesn't mean it's a good idea to continue with it. He is failing at his role and offers very little in the way of positive contributions.

Closed Thread