HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

All-Purpose Trade Rumors and Speculation Thread Part 4

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 09:58 PM
WantonAbandon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurious View Post
If DW hadn't done the Heatley-Havlat trade, do you think he still would have had the cap space to sign Colin White?
Yes, Whites contract is only 1 million, however he would have looked for speed on the top six so maybe not...

Old
02-19-2012, 09:59 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkbite3 View Post
Who would take anything for White? At least in giving up Demers or Braun we'd have one of the other still around. I'm not really in favor of getting rid of either, but if the price is right, why not?
The Why Not is because both are righties where you don't sacrifice defense for offense. Both are solidly third pairing defensively, bordering on second. Demers is the only one who has the Boyle-type QB style in the Sharks system which is critical for high end PPs. Braun looks like he may be good enough to eventually evolve into a Hamhuis/Michalek/Seidenberg type, very good defensively and offensively although not a first unit PP guy. Braun is also very fast for a dman which is critical against a strong forecheck. Gone is the day that a good defensive dman is one where the guy provides nothing but coverage.

The object in trade is to give from abundance to plug a hole. Don't plug one hole and open another. Plug and open is a grass is greener argument. Both Braun and Demers are that close to second pairing.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:18 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
waaaaaaaaaah waaahhhha waaaaah. He wished harm on somebody, how dare he! He should have just complimented him instead! Jesus Christ, have you guys ever played competitive sports?
Where do you draw the line? Family? Throwing banana peels? (If everything is OK to you) These things show stuff about someone's character - like how the playoffs will separate the Marchand's from the Burrows's, etc. Be my guest if you wanna go to battle with the wrong people because you're willing to over look their flaws for short term gains.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
Where do you draw the line? Family? Throwing banana peels? (If everything is OK to you) These things show stuff about someone's character - like how the playoffs will separate the Marchand's from the Burrows's, etc. Be my guest if you wanna go to battle with the wrong people because you're willing to over look their flaws for short term gains.
There's a difference between Marchand and Burrows?

Old
02-19-2012, 10:36 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
There's a difference between Marchand and Burrows?
I'm saying it's ok to have someone on the team that walks the line, but some of these guys are rats that won't be there when you need them. Where was Burrows when Marchand's punching Sedin in the face? It's a small difference, but an important one IMO.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
I'm guessing you're one of those guys who never says anything bad about anybody and is a frequent brown noser. Trash talk is trash talk. It throws people off their game and can even get them to take penalties. Would I like to see Clutterbuck get the **** beat out of him? Sure, why not. If everybody on the Sharks is too sensitive that's their problem, but Clutterbuck would be the best 3rd liner the Sharks have had in ages. Whenever me and my buddies say ****ed up **** about people we always end up laughing. Guess it's different for the sissies of the world who hold hands and sing kumbaya into the evening sun.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:25 PM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
I'm guessing you're one of those guys who never says anything bad about anybody and is a frequent brown noser. Trash talk is trash talk. It throws people off their game and can even get them to take penalties. Would I like to see Clutterbuck get the **** beat out of him? Sure, why not. If everybody on the Sharks is too sensitive that's their problem, but Clutterbuck would be the best 3rd liner the Sharks have had in ages. Whenever me and my buddies say ****ed up **** about people we always end up laughing. Guess it's different for the sissies of the world who hold hands and sing kumbaya into the evening sun.
Amen. I would love Clutterbuck on this team. As long as it doesn't clean out our prospects or cost us a guy from our top 6, I say we go for him. He is , in my opinion, a more talented Clowe. He's got the ability to hit people and talk **** while still getting us those dirty goals. He's a lot like Clowe. What's wrong with having two Clowes especially when he could put up even more than what Clowe can?

Old
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Hm. I don't know quite what to say...

Old
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purd...085?source=rss

Purdy: Sharks need more scoring

Old
02-19-2012, 11:39 PM
MDsjs22

Quote:
Hahaha. If you're talking **** in a hockey game that's one thing but why would you go around "saying ****ed up **** about people"?

LOL

Old
02-19-2012, 11:42 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
Trading Couture of Pavelski to get 'goal scoring' is so stupid I don't know why anyone would honestly entertain that.

Both players have more value than Rick Nash, there is no argument to be had.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:49 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Trading Couture of Pavelski to get 'goal scoring' is so stupid I don't know why anyone would honestly entertain that.

Both players have more value than Rick Nash, there is no argument to be had.

"I've been saying it for years! Trade those losing jabronis! Couture and Pavelski for Nash and a box of pizza rolls!"

Old
02-19-2012, 11:51 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post

"I've been saying it for years! Trade those losing jabronis! Couture and Pavelski for Nash and a box of pizza rolls!"
Haha, I just realized that's Plinkett with Ratto's head. Do you think Ratto has hookers in his basement too?

Old
02-19-2012, 11:52 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Haha, I just realized that's Plinkett with Ratto's head. Do you think Ratto has hookers in his basement too?
That's what the Raid is for.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:01 AM
KirbyDots

Just thinking out loud here but what about Drew Stafford? Brings something similar to what we had in Seto and would come at a high but attainable price. Anyway just a thought. It seems likely there is another move coming, with the Sharks at the contract limit and our depth being questionable. The team struggling and looking fragile, they could use the boost.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:02 AM
hockeyball

Quote:
Just thinking out loud here but what about Drew Stafford? Brings something similar to what we had in Seto and would come at a high but attainable price. Anyway just a thought. It seems likely there is another move coming, with the Sharks at the contract limit and our depth being as questionable. The team struggling and looking fragile, they could use the boost.
Ya I like Stafford, I dunno what he'd cost, probably inflated. Salary is high too... I dunno.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
I'm sorry but if a player managed to sneak a banana peel and then throw it onto the ice midplay without anyone noticing, i'd have to admire his dedication to trolling.

Also uh hell yes I'd be cool with getting a grade A ******* if it meant a cup banner in SJ. Hell, if I knew 100% that the Sharks would win a cup if they signed Avery, Ott, Torres and Carcillo you bet your ass I'd be totally fine with them getting signed.

Quote:
Ya I like Stafford, I dunno what he'd cost, probably inflated. Salary is high too... I dunno.
Honestly, Stafford is just super lazy. He seems more content to sit back and make jokes in the dressing room than actually working out, practicing, etc. Last year was a ridiculously flukey season and everyone in Buffalo knew it. Of course if somehow he was motivated 100% then that'd be a totally different thing. Then he'd be amazing, but Buffalo wouldn't give him up then. haha

Old
02-20-2012, 12:06 AM
Les Wynan*

Purdy is a ****ing moron.

Stafford would be a horrible addition. He's being paid like last season wasn't a percentages-driven fluke because Pegula likes pissing his money away.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:15 AM
magic school bus

Quote:
Just thinking out loud here but what about Drew Stafford? Brings something similar to what we had in Seto and would come at a high but attainable price. Anyway just a thought. It seems likely there is another move coming, with the Sharks at the contract limit and our depth being questionable. The team struggling and looking fragile, they could use the boost.
That contract is brutal. I'd pass.

Edit: I would re-consider if I find out he's friends w/ Parise. I believe they went to Shattuck St. Mary's together.. maybe he can recruit ZP to SJ ?

Old
02-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Mafoofoo

Really the only Sabres I'd want are

Vanek
Pominville
Kassian
Myers
Gerbe
Ennis

But clearly we aren't getting them due to either Buffalo's value on them or caphit/contract. But yeah.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:25 AM
KirbyDots

Like I said, just thinking out loud. I was just trying to think of people who fill that sorta Seto speedy offensive finisher role. Maybe a flexible winger who can play both sides who could be moved between the top 3 lines depending on chemistry. Havlat coming back should help, but its risky to depend on it and I don't think it'll be enough anyway.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:40 AM
Gilligans Island

Purdy never suggested to trade Pavs or Juicy. He just said that's what the Blue Jackets would want, which is probably true.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
That contract is brutal. I'd pass.

Edit: I would re-consider if I find out he's friends w/ Parise. I believe they went to Shattuck St. Mary's together.. maybe he can recruit ZP to SJ ?
And teammates at NoDak for a couple years. Hmm... Ugly contract. WOuld rather have Vermette or Umberger.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:48 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Really the only Sabres I'd want are

Vanek
Pominville
Kassian
Myers
Gerbe
Ennis

But clearly we aren't getting them due to either Buffalo's value on them or caphit/contract. But yeah.
I think a guy like Pominville or Ennis would be an awesome (albeit completely unattainable) addition to our team. Pominville is just the picture of consistency and can fit anywhere in a lineup. And Ennis would be a small, quick skill guy that the Sharks could use on a team full of big, slow guys.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
maybe he can recruit ZP to SJ ?
Pretty sure ZP wants to play with team USA teammates. So that'd be Pavelski who'd have to do the recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehJuxtaposer View Post
I think a guy like Pominville or Ennis would be an awesome (albeit completely unattainable) addition to our team. Pominville is just the picture of consistency and can fit anywhere in a lineup. And Ennis would be a small, quick skill guy that the Sharks could use on a team full of big, slow guys.
Oh yeah for sure. If I could my number one target outside of Myers and Pominville would be Kassain. Kid's a beast. Of course Buffalo wouldn't give him up except for gross overpayment.

Closed Thread