HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Washington @ Tampa-7pm-2/18/12

Old
02-18-2012, 11:07 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
Every time I think about Backstrom I imagine Bourque and B. Shanahan getting torn apart by a honey badger.
Why would the honey badger do that? He don't care!

artilector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Why would the honey badger do that? He don't care!
He don't care about no fine or suspension. Ewwww, look at him chew on Shanahan's ear. Ewwwww.

Capsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:23 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Opted to just watch the game tonight without following this GDT. Just read through the GDT and from some of the comments I see that the Bipolar Battalion was on full display.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
Opted to just watch the game tonight without following this GDT. Just read through the GDT and from some of the comments I see that the Bipolar Battalion was on full display.
Rofl

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:42 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Cuz he's a ***** plain and simple. So afraid of not killing it on a deal that he wont make a big move. If he isn't the clear cut winner of the deal then he wont make it. His fear is trading lets say Mojo and in a package for a true 2C. Sure the 2C will probably make this team better but if Mojo would go on to light it up somewhere else he couldnt handle it. Thats his fear. So what does he do? He hoards his assets until its clear they wont be what he expected and then trades them for bandaids for the real problem. Same **** different year.
trading him is a little extreme, we just need a rental

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 11:48 PM
G3 LesPaul

Not this year

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Atlas

I like how the Caps looked in FLA. Vokoun is a top goalie and he ought to be re-upped for 2-3 years immediately. If he demands too much coin, you trade him.

Green is a talented mofo. If he's healthy, he will add tremendously to the PP and the transition to O. Orlov looks great. Love the way he plays. Alzner is steady--Carlson is struggling but still good enough. Wideman sucks. He plays such a goofy game. Schultz has been better but he doesn't belong here. Hamr is fine in the 3rd pairing.

Mojo is doing his best but I'd be willing to trade him. I just don't think he'll ever be more than a 40-50 pt guy who gets hot for a few games and dissappears for a few. His O is just not consistent.

Vech fumbles pucks and fans on shots all the time. The whole team struggled with basic passes in the 1st Period. Carlson and Wideman try the stupidest passes,

Brouwer hits and competes. He just has stony hands. Chimera has such bad hands--please don't play him with Semin anymore, Dale.

Hendricks has a huge heart and too little skill for the NHL. love the guy but he doesn't belong here.

Laich was good on the goal. I'd trade him. But that's unlikely.

Matt P. Is a good little player.

Ward has no hands at all. He makes Mike Grier look like a dangler.

The Caps cared and played hard in FLA. I'm not too optimistic but I feel better about the team than I did. There is enough talent here to build a winner. 99% it'll have to happen post-McPhee.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:25 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020869

Watch at 1:12. Referee tracks the puck, from Hedmans hand to threw the air, waves his arms.

Terrible.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:43 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

SJ throws up 5 goals on Tbay and the Caps can't mustre two goals? Geezh

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:06 AM
SpringfieldSkins

Well we already learned that SJ is better than the Caps. What did you expect?

SpringfieldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Robert Theodorson

Loved all that offense that Green injected into the team last night.

If one goal per game is all that you're hoping for or expecting these days, I feel sorry for you and think your view of this hockey team is warped beyond repair.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:27 AM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeSpeedBackstrom View Post
Loved all that offense that Green injected into the team last night.

If one goal per game is all that you're hoping for or expecting these days, I feel sorry for you and think your view of this hockey team is warped beyond repair.
i have to agree. green didnt have a 3 pt game and its clear he doesnt have it anymore. no need to see anymore.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:32 AM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
I like how the Caps looked in FLA. Vokoun is a top goalie and he ought to be re-upped for 2-3 years immediately. If he demands too much coin, you trade him.

Green is a talented mofo. If he's healthy, he will add tremendously to the PP and the transition to O. Orlov looks great. Love the way he plays. Alzner is steady--Carlson is struggling but still good enough. Wideman sucks. He plays such a goofy game. Schultz has been better but he doesn't belong here. Hamr is fine in the 3rd pairing.

Mojo is doing his best but I'd be willing to trade him. I just don't think he'll ever be more than a 40-50 pt guy who gets hot for a few games and dissappears for a few. His O is just not consistent.

Vech fumbles pucks and fans on shots all the time. The whole team struggled with basic passes in the 1st Period. Carlson and Wideman try the stupidest passes,

Brouwer hits and competes. He just has stony hands. Chimera has such bad hands--please don't play him with Semin anymore, Dale.

Hendricks has a huge heart and too little skill for the NHL. love the guy but he doesn't belong here.

Laich was good on the goal. I'd trade him. But that's unlikely.

Matt P. Is a good little player.

Ward has no hands at all. He makes Mike Grier look like a dangler.

The Caps cared and played hard in FLA. I'm not too optimistic but I feel better about the team than I did. There is enough talent here to build a winner. 99% it'll have to happen post-McPhee.
Well said.

IafrateOvie34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i have to agree. green didnt have a 3 pt game and its clear he doesnt have it anymore. no need to see anymore.

This. He's had more than enough time to recover from surgery and be back into game shape. Don't miss the sarcasm.

Blades of steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Seems like every trip to FLA we're getting short rest.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:46 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Incorrect SI Title

Under the NHL Tab on SI.com, the write up for the Caps/Lightning game reads, "Caps' Stamkos Scores 40th In Win Over Bolts."

2 thoughts:

1. It's hard to be that bad at your job as a sports writer/editor.
2. How good would Stamkos look in the Red? There'd be practically no player/trade I'd disagree with to get Stamkos.

AlexBrovechkin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:11 PM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
So following the thread it is pretty easy to see when Laich scored. Was that comment anywhere close to that timeframe or do you think the poster has a crystal ball?
Speaking of that goal, the feed by Perreault was a great pass coming from nowhere and Laich's shot was a very nice scoring chance taken advantage of....Laich is a very good scorer.

Speaking about MoJO's missed opps when fed by Ovie, I concur.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
LetsGoBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddysPub View Post
Under the NHL Tab on SI.com, the write up for the Caps/Lightning game reads, "Caps' Stamkos Scores 40th In Win Over Bolts."

2 thoughts:

1. It's hard to be that bad at your job as a sports writer/editor.
2. How good would Stamkos look in the Red? There'd be practically no player/trade I'd disagree with to get Stamkos.
I'm a normal sports kind of guy. I'm not one of the crazies that has about five or more fantasy teams for every sport. I don't really like baseball and basketball all that much, but I can tell you what team most of the top players are on. How do you work at the premier sports publication and **** that up!?!?!

LetsGoBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:56 PM
AlexBrovechkin8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I'm a normal sports kind of guy. I'm not one of the crazies that has about five or more fantasy teams for every sport. I don't really like baseball and basketball all that much, but I can tell you what team most of the top players are on. How do you work at the premier sports publication and **** that up!?!?!
Completely agree. I'm not one of those guys who can rattle off stats of other team's players, who knows trade values of every dude in the league, and I have never played any fantasy sport.

Not sure if everyone caught this or not (I'm assuming by now it's national news), but ESPN ran an article about Jeremy Lin's turnovers that was titled, "Chink In The Armor." Are you ****ing kidding me? Don't these writers have editors? No professionalism or pride in their work.

AlexBrovechkin8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:04 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
Maybe Matt Hendricks moonlights for SI...

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by IafrateOvie34 View Post
Well said.

Thank you, sir.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimaera View Post
Seems like every trip to FLA we're getting short rest.
that is the way the league schedules florida and tampa bay. its very much like the calgary-edmonton trip where you almost always get them back to back....and one of them kills you no matter how bad they are.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
It's so much more soothing when you watch the game without the GDT, isn't it?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote