HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carey Price

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2012, 12:33 PM
  #1
Intense
Registered User
 
Intense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Carey Price

Not saying that the Habs would be willing to trade him, but let's play "what if".

What your team would offer to get him ? Remember he's still a RFA after this season.

Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
  #2
Batali Crocs*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,163
vCash: 500
I'd easily give away Anderson, Lehner, and a 2nd for Price. Montreal would be stupid to take that offer though.

Batali Crocs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:42 PM
  #3
Intense
Registered User
 
Intense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batali Crocs View Post
I'd easily give away Anderson, Lehner, and a 2nd for Price. Montreal would be stupid to take that offer though.

I think the talks begin at Spezza+. Would you be willing to part with him ? Sorry for my newbness but I have no idea what the Sens' center depth look like.

Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:45 PM
  #4
Hockey 4 Life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 694
vCash: 500
Depends what type of package the Habs are looking for but the price for price lol would be massive.

Hockey 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 12:59 PM
  #5
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,342
vCash: 500
The issue is this:
If you're building a team right now for the next 15 years, there are basically two goalies to choose from right away:
-Carey Price
-Jonathan Quick

and then two lesser goalies who are also suitable:
-Rask
-Schneider

Price is essentially the top young goalie. I don't think he is as good as Rinne or Lundqvist at the moment, but he certainly has time to get there. He is already elite. I mean for example, If I'm the habs I don't swap Price for Lundqvist, mainly b/c of age. So in order to get fair value for him you got to at least get an equivalent.
That means:
-Erik Karlsson
-John Tavares
-Steven Stamkos
-Alex Pietroangelo
etc

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:02 PM
  #6
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,825
vCash: 500
Bryz, JVR, 1st

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
  #7
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post
Depends what type of package the Habs are looking for but the price for price lol would be massive.

This is pretty much it. Ther cost would be huge which would make it almost not worth it for any team in the league.

But since I'm here I will play the what if game

IMO it would cost 2 top prospects and a 1st round pick, and whatever goalie the other team had starting at the time.....

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:04 PM
  #8
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
This is pretty much it. Ther cost would be huge which would make it almost not worth it for any team in the league.

But since I'm here I will play the what if game

IMO it would cost 2 top prospects and a 1st round pick, and whatever goalie the other team had starting at the time.....
I'll guess what it would take. Who needs a goalie? Edmonton does.

From Edmonton.

Eberle, Paarjaavi, 1st round pick (could be one of the russian duo),Dubnyk

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:13 PM
  #9
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I'll guess what it would take. Who needs a goalie? Edmonton does.

From Edmonton.

Eberle, Paarjaavi, 1st round pick (could be one of the russian duo),Dubnyk
Yea something like that. Sure its alot, in fact its a massive amount of assets from Edm. But we are talking about a 24 year old elite goalie, who is still 4-5 years from hitting his prime.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:15 PM
  #10
Spice Trader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria
Posts: 427
vCash: 500
IMO Price is the most valuable golie in the league trade wise. There are keepers that have won more or been with teams longer but i truly belive if he was available he would get the largest return back.

He has won HUGE games in previous levels of hockey. He has carried montreal the last 2 seasons. I DO think he is just as good as rinne just doest have suter and weber in front of him. He seems to be a good team guy and a class act (see his fight with TT)

All of this combined with his age make him soooo attractive. Id trade Luongo ++ for him in a heart beat.

Spice Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:21 PM
  #11
OutbreakCH
Registered User
 
OutbreakCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Something like Gudbranson, Huberdeau, Markstrom and a 1st. It's obviously overpayment, but its what it would take to a) get price out of mtl b) be fair enough to fee like we're not getting ripped of for a 24 year old elite tender.

OutbreakCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:22 PM
  #12
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Massive overpayment. The starting point would have to be a franchise player from a different position like Tavares, Pietrangelo, etc.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:27 PM
  #13
JustAHabFan
Registered User
 
JustAHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,664
vCash: 500
I felt so bad with the Patrick Roy trade. We traded a franchise goalie for a bunch of spare parts.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:32 PM
  #14
ginovegas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
I'll guess what it would take. Who needs a goalie? Edmonton does.

From Edmonton.

Eberle, Paarjaavi, 1st round pick (could be one of the russian duo),Dubnyk
decent offer but i'd rather have Hall. I want the Habs to keep away from the smaller guys, we still have a few to get rid of

ginovegas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 01:34 PM
  #15
MW6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Halland
Country: Sweden
Posts: 815
vCash: 500
How about Price, Tinordi, Kostitsyn and Mtl 1st 2012 for Ovechkin?

MW6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:00 PM
  #16
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
How about Price, Tinordi, Kostitsyn and Mtl 1st 2012 for Ovechkin?
Habs lose that trade.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:10 PM
  #17
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is
 
Poignant Discussion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Gatineau, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,757
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
I'll wait until he becomes an UFA, I highly doubt he will want to be a part of a rebuild which the Habs need

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:13 PM
  #18
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Out of curiosity, imagine if Price wasn't a Hab. What would the Habs give to acquire him?

I think answering this question will give you the best insight into what you should think he'd get from other teams.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:14 PM
  #19
NikolaiTesla*
This team is waffle!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Habs lose that trade.
Habs would have to up their offer, in reality.

NikolaiTesla* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:22 PM
  #20
subbang76
I CAN SPEAK FRENCH!
 
subbang76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
I would not think about trading Price. He is only 24 and is proven to be an elite goaltender in this league. Now, what Goat should do is lock Price up for the rest of his career. I'm thinking 60mil/10 years. A good hockey team starts from the net (goalie).

subbang76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:26 PM
  #21
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poignant Discussion View Post
I'll wait until he becomes an UFA, I highly doubt he will want to be a part of a rebuild which the Habs need
I have a feeling you could be waiting for a while.. I fully expect Price to sign a long term deal before next season.. The Habs will do whatever it takes to sign their franchise player for many more years..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:29 PM
  #22
Intense
Registered User
 
Intense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikolaiTesla View Post
Out of curiosity, imagine if Price wasn't a Hab. What would the Habs give to acquire him?

I think answering this question will give you the best insight into what you should think he'd get from other teams.

Let's say, in an hypothetical world, the Habs have Edmonton's roster and vice-versa.

I think I would be willing to offer Hall + Dubnyk + 1st. Would be willing to add a 2nd if necessary.

Intense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:30 PM
  #23
palindrom
Registered User
 
palindrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
The issue is this:
If you're building a team right now for the next 15 years, there are basically two goalies to choose from right away:
-Carey Price
-Jonathan Quick

and then two lesser goalies who are also suitable:
-Rask
-Schneider

Price is essentially the top young goalie. I don't think he is as good as Rinne or Lundqvist at the moment, but he certainly has time to get there. He is already elite. I mean for example, If I'm the habs I don't swap Price for Lundqvist, mainly b/c of age. So in order to get fair value for him you got to at least get an equivalent.
That means:
-Erik Karlsson
-John Tavares
-Steven Stamkos
-Alex Pietroangelo
etc
It sound wrong to me to plan 15 years in advance with players who will be UFA in a few summers from now.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:32 PM
  #24
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,562
vCash: 500
To think that the Flyers could have gotten Price for Hartnell+ only two years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbang76 View Post
I would not think about trading Price. He is only 24 and is proven to be an elite goaltender in this league. Now, what Goat should do is lock Price up for the rest of his career. I'm thinking 60mil/10 years. A good hockey team starts from the net (goalie).
Come again? Luongo (one that could directly compare with Price) and Bryzgalov are prime examples of NOT locking up a goalie long-term for high cap hits.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:34 PM
  #25
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post
The issue is this:
If you're building a team right now for the next 15 years, there are basically two goalies to choose from right away:
-Carey Price
-Jonathan Quick

and then two lesser goalies who are also suitable:
-Rask
-Schneider

Price is essentially the top young goalie. I don't think he is as good as Rinne or Lundqvist at the moment, but he certainly has time to get there. He is already elite. I mean for example, If I'm the habs I don't swap Price for Lundqvist, mainly b/c of age. So in order to get fair value for him you got to at least get an equivalent.
That means:
-Erik Karlsson
-John Tavares
-Steven Stamkos
-Alex Pietroangelo
etc
man what world do you live in putting price up to the value of stamkos
and i'm a habs fan. price is not even in the same ball park right now

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.