HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL 1st - CLB 1st

Old
02-18-2012, 02:52 PM
v3rs3

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to v3rs3
You're all joking yourself if you think MTL gets our first without PK + MTL's 1st. I still wouldn't take it, but I could see why they would debate it.

v3rs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Kaen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Claiming Yakupov is already Malkin is ridiculous, like I said maybe they don't want Yakupov because of Filatov, it might seem silly but people can be jaded about these things.

I can play this game too, would you rather have Tavares or Evander Kane, Pacioretty and a 2nd?
Well right now Montreal would be picking 7th if going by win%, so it would be Nazem Kadri, not Kane, but even if it were I would take Tavares without hesitation, and I'm sure a lot of other people would to.

Kaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

Quote:
Claiming Yakupov is already Malkin is ridiculous, like I said maybe they don't want Yakupov because of Filatov, it might seem silly but people can be jaded about these things.

I can play this game too, would you rather have Tavares or Evander Kane, Pacioretty and a 2nd?
Hmm... Filatov never played in North america before he was drafted... but nice try. And you don't need to take my word for his potential, go ask Mackie

WornWithPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

No Thanks, The cost would be too high. The Habs will just take one of the high end dmen available. Or they could hope that Forsberg or Galchenyuk drops a bit. Or package the pick for a real first line center.

Last edited by IceDaddy: 02-18-2012 at 03:07 PM.
IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:01 PM
SvenBartschi27

If I am columbus I trade that first overall to Edmonton or Carolina where they can get Forsberg, Dumba, or Murray. In return they get the 2md 3rd or 4th overall and an elite prospect from Edmonton's pool where they can get one of their allstars or can go to Carolina and get a Murphy like prospect. With Columbus' history with Russians they probably do this but if they have a chat with yakupov or Grigs then it could go either way.

SvenBartschi27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
I think a decent amount of people would take Tavaras actually.
So a kid on pace for 35 goals, and whose scored 36 in his last 89 games a 2nd round pick and a powerforward center who will likely be a number 1 center aren't enough to get Tavares

If im an Islanders fan and the gm didn't make that trade I'd drag him out into the street and beat him myself

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:05 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
I am just curious how much it would take to swap for the top pick overall if MTL finished in the lottery. I think 4th-7th is a reasonable pick for them.

Would Columbus be interested in trading down if a good prospect like Bournival/Gallagher or maybe a 2nd round pick was involved?

CLB must be pretty gun shy about taking Yakupov and if they believe that a better player will still be there lower why not move down and get another young building block?

Just curious what people think it would take to move up.
I think if you could offer the 4th or 5th overall and another 1st around 8-10 they might take it. Maybe

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:09 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:

I would rather have Tavares.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:10 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
So a kid on pace for 35 goals, and whose scored 36 in his last 89 games a 2nd round pick and a powerforward center who will likely be a number 1 center aren't enough to get Tavares

If im an Islanders fan and the gm didn't make that trade I'd drag him out into the street and beat him myself
Taveras has franchise center written all over him. That is a lot tougher to find. BTW who is the power forward center?

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Campoli2Burrows

Count me in for Tavares too lol. He'll be a top 10 forward in the league next year.

Campoli2Burrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:18 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Taveras has franchise center written all over him. That is a lot tougher to find. BTW who is the power forward center?
Kane or has he been moved to wing permentantly?

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post

No not even close

Oilmageddon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:24 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

It's a rough trade to make in normal times, but especially this year. Most times, a team will only move down if they've figured out how things are going to go and they know they'll get the guy they want with the pick they trade down to anyway. Otherwise, you have to blow them out of the water, and yes, it would take Subbans or Paciorettys and there's obviously no way the Habs would go there.

Maybe it's not really how the scouts see it, but the public perception at the moment seems to be that it's a 2-horse race, Yakupov and Grigorenko, and it's not the kind of draft that you would expect a team to think they'll still get their #1 choice with the #4-7 pick. So the odds of the Jackets moving down are slim to none.

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Clipitar

I'd be more curious to know what it would take to swap first rounders with Edmonton.

Say MTL has the 5th and EDM the 2nd, what would it take to make up for that 3-spot gap? Or put differently, would it be worth for EDM to loose out on Grigorenko (who wouldn't fill their biggest need at the moment) to get a potential future 1st pairing of Murray/Trouba-Beaulieu/Tinordi?

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:27 PM
sharks9

The Habs aren't going to give up Pacioretty, Subban or Price to move up a couple of spots so there's no point suggesting it.

Columbus will likely just keep their pick and get Yakupov.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:34 PM
denkiteki

Quote:

Tavares easily.

The price moving from 7->1st overall likely is a decent young roster player + 2nd or a 1st in next year's draft.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:39 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPride View Post
Draft is extremely top heavy. Below top 2 or 3 is weak. Best you could get is another patch.

Think of it this way. Yakupov has extremly high potential with super star status. lets take Malkin for ex. Would you trade a young, 18 year old Malkin for patch, a first and a second?

I'd jump on that trade ASAP if i were Gauthier
? There are so many assumptions in your posts. I'm not gonna even try, but seriously, for all we know - everyone could bust. They're trading a pick not a proven prospect. There are plenty of high 'picks' that were labelled future superstars that have flat out sucked, struggled and/or got career-ruining injuries.

On the other hand, the Habs are trading a proven young forward and a pretty high 1st (Habs would get worse without Patch scoring for them) and a high 2nd. Columbus wouldn't be trading down too far and the Habs are putting some serious chips on the table there.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
If we get the 1st pick it isn't going to be traded, anybody who thinks it will be is just plain .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
? There are so many assumptions in your posts. I'm not gonna even try, but seriously, for all we know - everyone could bust. They're trading a pick not a proven prospect. There are plenty of high 'picks' that were labelled future superstars that have flat out sucked, struggled and/or got career-ruining injuries.

On the other hand, the Habs are trading a proven young forward and a pretty high 1st (Habs would get worse without Patch scoring for them) and a high 2nd. Columbus wouldn't be trading down too far and the Habs are putting some serious chips on the table there.
Dude, just use your brain. How many #1 picks that were forwards haven't panned out since the lockout? A forward at #1 is pretty much a sure thing, saying otherwise is lying to yourself.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Okay we'll keep our pieces and see how your Russian prospect works out for ya.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Gritzky98
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
MTL
Pacioretty
MTL 2nd 2013
1st 2012 (5-8 range)

Columbus
1st 2012
whether you like it not, thats how much it would take

Yakupov>>>>>>> Pacioretty, a 2nd rounder and, after the top 4 the talent level isnt that great.

Gritzky98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Kashie14

Keep in mind CBJ fans need something to be excited about. Trading down from first overall isn't very exciting. Getting a Yakupov, is. As for the whole russian thing, he's been in NA for the past two years. This isn't the same risk as filatov.

Kashie14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:53 PM
DropIt

Quote:
So a good prospect can't get you a pick 3 - 4 spots higher? What do you think it would take to move from say 5th to 1st?
No, a prospect likely wont get you higher. An NHL player, young and established would get you that pick probably.

Lars Eller
~4th overall pick

for

1st overall, 3rd round pick

DropIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Okay we'll keep our pieces and see how your Russian prospect works out for ya.
Being born in Russia means nothing. He's Islamic and he's been in Canada since 2010, I think I'm perfectly fine with you keeping your pieces and us drafting Yakupov, we will enjoy our dynamic young winger and you can enjoy whoever you get.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:03 PM
IBLeaf*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritzky98 View Post
whether you like it not, thats how much it would take

Yakupov>>>>>>> Pacioretty, a 2nd rounder and, after the top 4 the talent level isnt that great.
Well that's a lie and a half.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:24 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

The Habs once offered Markov (high level prospect at the time), the 8th overall, the 20th overall and Garon (high level prospect at the time) for the #1 pick that became Kovalchuk and were turned down. Atlanta wanted Theodore instead of Garon. Yakubov is compared favourably with Kovalchuk was then. Gives you an idea of how hard it's to move from the #8 range to #1.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote