Old
02-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

vCash: 500
Chris Kelly's new smile

http://twitter.com/#!/hackswithhaggs
Quote:
Have to appreciate Chris Kelly's willingness to speak to media after practice despite being down a tooth or 2

Tough break for Chris Kelly, who shattered his 2 front teeth going head-first into the boards at practice. Will spend rest of day at dentist

Chris Kelly injures teeth in practice

Lost Horizons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
RaskMullet
You Like No ?

that means caged kelly is back ! can't wait !!

RaskMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

The return of the Cheesegrater!!!!!!!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:17 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Viva La Cage!! Maybe it will still have magical powers. Glad he's ok tho!

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:31 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Ouch. Hope they don't give him big ole gomer pile teeth

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Giesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Viva La Cage!! Maybe it will still have magical powers. Glad he's ok tho!
Hope the return of the Cageface is auspicious, but in all seriousness I'm sorry to see any damage to Kelly's formerly lovely smile.

Giesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
ODAAT

My gawd, these boys can`t stay healthy

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

I admire hockey players toughness, toughest athletes in NA.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:41 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

vCash: 50
I read on Twitter that they were the front two teeth, not sure if its true though

wKetch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:47 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Thank God it isn't an actual injury as I worried when I first saw the thread. He'll be fine. Bruins cannot lose another forward right now in the top 9.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
My gawd, these boys can`t stay healthy
It's just teeth... you don't play hockey with your mouth. Well, unless you're Brat Marchand.

Dogberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Ouch. Hope they don't give him big ole gomer pile teeth
Well, at least back when I had my front tooth fixed (broken in half by stick), the dentist starts out w/ this really long piece of material, shows you the mirror and says, "ok, you're all done! Take a look!" *hot hygienist(s) laughing at you*. Of course your speech at the time isn't intelligible enough for him to hear you threaten him (eg. ix eye uu-in ooth, uuk ace, or uoo uu-in ie, aahoe!!!. Thank god my other one was intact so they had some frame of reference for length. How do they know when you lose both?

Without a doubt Kelly's nickname in the locker room will be "Chompers" for a while.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBruin View Post
It's just teeth... you don't play hockey with your mouth. Well, unless you're Brat Marchand.
or Alex Burrows

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:07 PM
FutureConsiderations

There's something to Cage Magic. Just ask Dan Paille and Wayne Simmonds.

FutureConsiderations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 04:18 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I read on Twitter that they were the front two teeth, not sure if its true though

pedrospecialk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:24 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureConsiderations View Post
There's something to Cage Magic. Just ask Dan Paille and Wayne Simmonds.
I don't think Kelly needs to ask anyone.

sooshii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:42 PM
ssault
SW BROONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
Shame that Christmas just passed

ssault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 05:47 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Sweet. Maybe he'll start playing offense now.

XtremeofParanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Loosing teeth sucks (Not that I know). Guess his dentist will be happy.

02-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Whats Bruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
Sweet. Maybe he'll start playing offense now.
Sorry, but that dog doesn't hunt. Chris Kelly is a lifetime 30 point player. Put a 30 point player with much higher skilled players and he will produce more, but that's a product of the other more highly skilled players. The downside is if you do put a 30 point player with more highly skilled players then the higher skilled players point totals will eventually start to come down, and this is a product of the lesser skilled 30 point forward dragging the others production down.

Chris Kelly belongs on a line with players such as Seguin and Lucic as much as Rosie O'Donnell belongs on a beauty contestant podium with Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie. If there was ever an overrated Bruin on this board it's Chris Kelly. On 90% of his points he is the secondary factor...an empty net goal, Peverly putting it right on his stick inches from the goal line ( would have been more difficult to miss this than it was to score ), grazing the puck with his stick and then Caron taking it the rest of the way and scoring, pushing the puck two feet to Peverly and stepping onto the bench as Peverly skates into the zone and scores on a rocket to the top corner as Kelly watches from the bench. The point is Kelly is rarely the one who does the creating. Kelly has benefited far more from his linemates than they from him.

Kelly is not overly big or strong, is a mediocre passer and playmaker, with an average shot and vision. He is a good skater, but all combined he is an average third line player and nothing more. Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut, and even an average third line player plays above his skill level for brief periods. To expect consistent and prolonged production form Kelly is to court disappointment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and after watching hockey for over forty years in person and on TV I just don't see it in Chris Kelly...and frankly never have. With all due respect to ours opinions - and I do respect others views and do not assume I am never wrong ( just rarely ) - it is mine that Chris Kelly is the solution to nothing. Peverly and Horton are at a level Kelly cannot replace. Wait out the injuries or acquire someone such as Ray Whitney who actually can produce on a regular basis.

Whats Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:03 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whats Bruin View Post
Sorry, but that dog doesn't hunt. Chris Kelly is a lifetime 30 point player. Put a 30 point player with much higher skilled players and he will produce more, but that's a product of the other more highly skilled players. The downside is if you do put a 30 point player with more highly skilled players then the higher skilled players point totals will eventually start to come down, and this is a product of the lesser skilled 30 point forward dragging the others production down.

I think we're on the same team here. I appreciate Kelly scoring some clutch goals in the playoffs last season, but I'll pass on bringing him back for 2012-2013, especially if he's expecting a raise for that 15 game tear he went on earlier this season. He's pretty much been the Chris Kelly we all thought we were getting last season for the last two months.

Old
02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
bruinsfan1970
Global Moderator
B's R always Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Loosing teeth sucks (Not that I know). Guess his dentist will be happy.
It sure does,I lost 4 in my front top row and I have a nice bridge so no one can tell.But I lost them playing the game I love,hockey.Puck in the mouth,fighting and stick to mouth,oh yeah it hurts but it's worth it

02-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:

Chris Kelly belongs on a line with players such as Seguin and Lucic as much as Rosie O'Donnell belongs on a beauty contestant podium with Halle Berry and Angelina Jolie. If there was ever an overrated Bruin on this board it's Chris Kelly. On 90% of his points he is the secondary factor...an empty net goal, Peverly putting it right on his stick inches from the goal line ( would have been more difficult to miss this than it was to score ), grazing the puck with his stick and then Caron taking it the rest of the way and scoring, pushing the puck two feet to Peverly and stepping onto the bench as Peverly skates into the zone and scores on a rocket to the top corner as Kelly watches from the bench. The point is Kelly is rarely the one who does the creating. Kelly has benefited far more from his linemates than they from him.

Kelly is not overly big or strong, is a mediocre passer and playmaker, with an average shot and vision. He is a good skater, but all combined he is an average third line player and nothing more. Even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut, and even an average third line player plays above his skill level for brief periods. To expect consistent and prolonged production form Kelly is to court disappointment.

We are all entitled to our opinions, and after watching hockey for over forty years in person and on TV I just don't see it in Chris Kelly...and frankly never have. With all due respect to ours opinions - and I do respect others views and do not assume I am never wrong ( just rarely ) - it is mine that Chris Kelly is the solution to nothing. Peverly and Horton are at a level Kelly cannot replace. Wait out the injuries or acquire someone such as Ray Whitney who actually can produce on a regular basis.
Teams don't covet players like Chris Kelly for their brilliant offensive flair. I could go through Chiarelli's and Julien's reasons why he's a valuable player, but why bother? If you've been watching hockey for over forty years and you "don't see it in Chris Kelly," you never will.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:29 PM
CDJ*

Quote:

He is a playoff warrior and you don't win games without this type of player. BTW, we don't get out of Montreal without him and that is a FACT.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2012, 07:31 PM
XtremeofParanoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
He is a playoff warrior and you don't win games without this type of player. BTW, we don't get out of Montreal without him and that is a FACT.
We don't get out of Montreal without Ryder either.