HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Anyone do logo designing?

Old
05-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Kritty

vCash: 500
Anyone do logo designing?

I am looking for a new logo for my men's league team. I have an idea in mind from another logo for a different team and need it to be modified but have no idea how to do it. Just curious if anyone knows how to and might be able to help me out.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 07:37 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I might be able to help. Logo design isn't my specialty but I've done some in the past for the businesses I've built websites for.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 11:12 PM
beth

Inkscape is a free vector graphics program that I've used for that sort of thing. There are tutorials out there to help you learn it.

beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 12:43 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Submit this to icethetics. They have a bunch of designers around there, and I bet a lot of them would compete to design something that will actually be produced.

Of course, you'll have to accept a bit more creative license than just a quick codification of an existing logo- but if the guy who runs the site goes along with it, you'll have a near pro quality original logo.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM
TUCKER 06

I designed my brother's Ball Hockey team logo

were you looking to spend money or was this a charity thing?

Last edited by TUCKER 06: 05-24-2012 at 01:55 PM.
TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2012, 03:55 PM
jsykes

Are you going to be getting jerseys made for your team with the new logo?

If so, most if not all the jersey companies have artists on hand that will help you with the logo, usually for only a very small fee if at all since they're making money off the jersey sale, not the logo creation.

When I order jerseys for teams, I can usually ask them to modify things and if its not a ton of time and work, they usually do it for free with a team jersey order.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:06 PM
J Murda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Are you going to be getting jerseys made for your team with the new logo?

If so, most if not all the jersey companies have artists on hand that will help you with the logo, usually for only a very small fee if at all since they're making money off the jersey sale, not the logo creation.

When I order jerseys for teams, I can usually ask them to modify things and if its not a ton of time and work, they usually do it for free with a team jersey order.
I am starting a new men's team next season and currently looking at getting jerseys done. A lot of the places I have been looking seem pretty similar so I was wondering if there is a place you would recommend to go to? Also, could you please let me in on about how much it cost to outfit a team for you?

J Murda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:46 PM
nullterm

vCash: 800
rinkgear.com, I'm thinking about getting them to do a new logo design for my company. Some of their designs are pretty awesome.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:55 PM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Murda View Post
I am starting a new men's team next season and currently looking at getting jerseys done. A lot of the places I have been looking seem pretty similar so I was wondering if there is a place you would recommend to go to? Also, could you please let me in on about how much it cost to outfit a team for you?
There are a lot of places that do jerseys, many use the same few companies for the raw jersey then do the printing or logos themselves, some let the jersey companies do it all.

A couple of the bigger companies are Athletic Knit and K1 Sportswear, both are available to many LHS in N. America.

I'm an LHS, so dont do any printing, so I have the companies do all the work so they show up on my doorstep ready to go.

You're probably looking anywhere from $50-$80 a jersey depending on how intricate your logo is, how intricate your jersey design is, options on the jersey such as nameplates, double elbows or shoulders, mesh under arms, do you want sewn twill numbers and patches or screened, or sublimated, etc, etc, etc.

There are a lot of options so just find a good LHS that can over them all with you and go for it.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote