HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Binghamton Senators Part V

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
No crap. There is a small, very small, selfish piece of me that would like to see a lock-out only because it would make our team that much better. At the same time, I love the sport and think a lock-out would be terrible so I honestly hope it does not happen.
Oh please God no lockout, winters are longer without hockey and it's going another full year without the Sens? no way we can survive lol

Even if no lock-out, Bingo will have a very interesting team this year. I hope you guys will keep us updated

Old
08-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I don't hope the lockout happens because I think B & O will have great teams regardless.
I agree..a lock-out does nothing positive about the sport we love..

Old
08-16-2012, 01:38 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Joy.Lindsay is leaving the Press!!!!!!!!!

This will be my final post, as today is my last day at the Press & Sun-Bulletin. Many thanks to all of you who checked out this blog, read my work in print and followed along on Twitter. Thanks especially to those who appreciated how much effort I put into this.

I will miss Joy as she posted so much information on her blog, twitter, & in the paper down here, on the whole Senator hockey franchise.......

I wish her well & all the best in her future..............

She will be missed...............................

Old
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM
operasen

Hope Joy gets the Good Luck from the move. Puts her into the Joy Luck Club...

If there is a lockout, who from the Sens would Binghamton expect to see?

Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone and the like have not made the club yet, but would be assigned to Binghamton, along with Benoit (?).

I'd hate to see Prince and Pageau sent back to Junior just because of numbers.

That could force then to send Noesen, Ceci, Puempel back no matter what they can show (but I suspect that would be the case anyway). Noesen especially was interesting me.

I think O'Brien and Cowen could still get to play with Binghamton. Greening, Condra, Smith, Daugavins and Bishop are out.

Borowiecki would return instead of making the jump and Claesson is over this year as well.

This will really put pressure on the developing players who could be pushed further down the scale by some of these guys.

Binghamton could ice a pretty strong team in the short term. Wonder if Murray "assigns" the assistant coaches to work with Richardson and develop some of these guys.

Silverberg - Zibanejad - Petersson would be a fun line to watch.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by operasen View Post
Hope Joy gets the Good Luck from the move. Puts her into the Joy Luck Club...

If there is a lockout, who from the Sens would Binghamton expect to see?

Silfverberg, Zibanejad, Stone and the like have not made the club yet, but would be assigned to Binghamton, along with Benoit (?).

I'd hate to see Prince and Pageau sent back to Junior just because of numbers.

That could force then to send Noesen, Ceci, Puempel back no matter what they can show (but I suspect that would be the case anyway). Noesen especially was interesting me.

I think O'Brien and Cowen could still get to play with Binghamton. Greening, Condra, Smith, Daugavins and Bishop are out.

Borowiecki would return instead of making the jump and Claesson is over this year as well.

This will really put pressure on the developing players who could be pushed further down the scale by some of these guys.

Binghamton could ice a pretty strong team in the short term. Wonder if Murray "assigns" the assistant coaches to work with Richardson and develop some of these guys.

Silverberg - Zibanejad - Petersson would be a fun line to watch.
I think OB signed a one-way this off season, he's no longer eligible. Only player that can come down besides Silverberg is Cowen, assuming Z-Bad and Stone start in Bingo anyways.

That line, while on paper sounds good, would get destroyed in the AHL, who is going in the corner to dig out the puck? Remember the AHL isn't as skilled as the NHL, it's a dirty game.

Old
08-16-2012, 12:17 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

When does the AHL usually release there team schedules? If there's going to be a lockout I may look at visiting Hamilton/Bingo for a few games.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
operasen

Quote:
I think OB signed a one-way this off season, he's no longer eligible. Only player that can come down besides Silverberg is Cowen, assuming Z-Bad and Stone start in Bingo anyways.

That line, while on paper sounds good, would get destroyed in the AHL, who is going in the corner to dig out the puck? Remember the AHL isn't as skilled as the NHL, it's a dirty game.
Well, there goes that bubble and you are correct (again). Maybe putting Noesen on the RW would make us smile a little.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
derriko

I'm pretty sure Noesen is not eligible for the AHL this year regardless of a lockout

Old
08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
sens83

Quote:
Well, there goes that bubble and you are correct (again). Maybe putting Noesen on the RW would make us smile a little.
Yeah, except he isn't eligible for the A this year, same with Puempel. Which sucks, because I was extremely impressed with how Puempel played at the end of last season in his short stint in Bingo.

I was thinking the lines would look something like:

Hoffman- DaCosta - Stone
Prince - ZBad - Petersson
DD - Cannone - Grant
Cowick - Hamilton - Jessiman
Culek
Kramer
Caporusso
Schnieder

Someone is going to end up in Elmira, maybe two.

Wiercioch - Gryba
Benoit - Blood
Eckford - Wideman
Claesson

Lehner
Lawson

Old
08-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, except he isn't eligible for the A this year, same with Puempel. Which sucks, because I was extremely impressed with how Puempel played at the end of last season in his short stint in Bingo.

Hoffman- DaCosta - Stone
DD - Cannone - Grant
Culek
Kramer
Caporusso
Schnieder

Wiercioch - Gryba
Benoit - Blood
Eckford - Wideman
Claesson

Lehner
Lawson
lookin good!!!

Old
08-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Sensored

Quote:

Hoffman- DaCosta - Stone
DD - Cannone - Grant
Culek
Kramer
Caporusso
Schnieder

Wiercioch - Gryba
Benoit - Blood
Eckford - Wideman
Claesson

Lehner
Lawson
You forgot about Pageau, also O'Brien is on a one-way contract. That only means that he'll be paid an NHL salary whether he's in the NHL or the AHL, he may not be eligible for waivers. If he's not the Sens can send him up/down without risking losing him.

Old
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensored View Post
You forgot about Pageau, also O'Brien is on a one-way contract. That only means that he'll be paid an NHL salary whether he's in the NHL or the AHL, he may not be eligible for waivers. If he's not the Sens can send him up/down without risking losing him.
I knew I was leaving someone off, it didn't seem right to me before I posted it.

Old
08-16-2012, 03:45 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post

This will be my final post, as today is my last day at the Press & Sun-Bulletin. Many thanks to all of you who checked out this blog, read my work in print and followed along on Twitter. Thanks especially to those who appreciated how much effort I put into this.

I will miss Joy as she posted so much information on her blog, twitter, & in the paper down here, on the whole Senator hockey franchise.......

I wish her well & all the best in her future..............

She will be missed...............................
That's a pretty big loss. Even being based in Bingo, she was a far more consistent and reliable source of information than the Ottawa press.

Old
08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
source

Quote:

Hoffman- DaCosta - Stone
DD - Cannone - Grant
Culek
Kramer
Caporusso
Schnieder

Wiercioch - Gryba
Benoit - Blood
Eckford - Wideman
Claesson

Lehner
Lawson
That's a shame about Puempel and Noesen, but they are not elite players and could benefit from the opportunity to dominate junior.

Otherwise, I really like the lineup. Prince and Zibanejad aren't saddled with excessive responsibility, and Hoffman, Da Costa, and Stone have the opportunity to show if they can take it to the next level. I also like that first-pairing - it'll be a big year for both Wiercioch and Gryba.

Old
08-17-2012, 08:09 AM
operasen

Quote:

Hoffman- DaCosta - Stone
DD - Cannone - Grant
Culek
Kramer
Caporusso
Schnieder

Wiercioch - Gryba
Benoit - Blood
Eckford - Wideman
Claesson

Lehner
Lawson
With the lockout, would we not see Silfverberg and Cowen suit up with Binghamton. Pageau is a great addition to the centre depth as well.

Old
08-17-2012, 09:28 AM
tenpinsplit

schedule is out today at 3pm

Old
08-17-2012, 12:32 PM
sens83

Quote:
With the lockout, would we not see Silfverberg and Cowen suit up with Binghamton. Pageau is a great addition to the centre depth as well.
Yes, if there is a lockout add Cowen and most likely Silfverberg, unless Silver goes back to Sweeden.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
schedule is out today at 3pm
Boo, doesn't look like there playing in Ottawa this year.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:17 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Boo, doesn't look like there playing in Ottawa this year.
No they aren't, they announced that a while back.

I've got to say, just took a look at the schedule and they did a great job making it work for this city. Mostly Fri/Sat games with maybe 5 or so games during weekdays. Attendance should be much better especially if we put a good product on the ice. Those 4 double header weekends in March could be real fun if this team plays well.

Old
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

I must of missed that announcement, kind of a weird year not to come with a impending lockout around the corner

Old
08-17-2012, 09:23 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Bahn Ahden View Post
That's a pretty big loss. Even being based in Bingo, she was a far more consistent and reliable source of information than the Ottawa press.
This - I'm really going to miss Joy's info. Every game she had the line combos, in game updates, and great writing. I'm glad she's moving on because she deserves something better, but it's sad. Bittersweet. I feel really bad that I didn't comment on her blogs more often so I hope she didn't feel that she wasn't important. She would even be at the rink for practises. The next beat writer has pretty big shoes to fill.

Old
08-22-2012, 11:11 AM
SpezDispenser

Why isn't the AHL rolling out packages through Rogers, or if we HAVE to do it through AHL Live/internet, why isn't the price like...$149 max. As far as I can see it's $575 to get the full season - and if that's correct, what a major missed opportunity to get more fans of the AHL on board.

Old
08-22-2012, 12:07 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Why isn't the AHL rolling out packages through Rogers, or if we HAVE to do it through AHL Live/internet, why isn't the price like...$149 max. As far as I can see it's $575 to get the full season - and if that's correct, what a major missed opportunity to get more fans of the AHL on board.
Agreed.

I know the NHL network broadcasts a few AHL games throughout the year, hopefully if there is a lockout they put a few more on there.

Old
08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Agreed.

I know the NHL network broadcasts a few AHL games throughout the year, hopefully if there is a lockout they put a few more on there.
Most of the smaller venues throughout the AHL don't have equipment or cannot afford broadcasting every game. AHL Live is currently the only forum for watching games when you cannot attend.

AHL Live is notoriously late and won't annouce the packages until a week or two before the season starts. It's like 600 bucks if you want to watch every game from every team, which is utterly ridiculous. Or you can buy a specific team Home and Away for around $200 bucks or so. You can also choose to get just away games for a specific team and I think that's usually somewhere around 100 bucks. If you wanted to buy games on a per game basis I think it's like $6 bucks. The playoffs are extra too.

Because I'm a season ticket holder with the B-Sens I usually just get the Away feed for the B-Sens. It isn't terrible but you can watch the games any time if you buy a package. Just keep in mind that the quality of video and sometimes audio at some of these venues is borderline horrific. It's like it's 1970 on the Internet. Some of the people they have working the cameras at these games are volunteers and not professionals so you'll get really crappy angles and terrible chop.

Old
08-22-2012, 01:21 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Most of the smaller venues throughout the AHL don't have equipment or cannot afford broadcasting every game. AHL Live is currently the only forum for watching games when you cannot attend.

AHL Live is notoriously late and won't annouce the packages until a week or two before the season starts. It's like 600 bucks if you want to watch every game from every team, which is utterly ridiculous. Or you can buy a specific team Home and Away for around $200 bucks or so. You can also choose to get just away games for a specific team and I think that's usually somewhere around 100 bucks. If you wanted to buy games on a per game basis I think it's like $6 bucks. The playoffs are extra too.

Because I'm a season ticket holder with the B-Sens I usually just get the Away feed for the B-Sens. It isn't terrible but you can watch the games any time if you buy a package. Just keep in mind that the quality of video and sometimes audio at some of these venues is borderline horrific. It's like it's 1970 on the Internet. Some of the people they have working the cameras at these games are volunteers and not professionals so you'll get really crappy angles and terrible chop.
Ah...okay that explains things a lot better. Still not sure I'd invest $200 bucks for coverage that isn't that great, but at least the option will be there for 6-7 bucks per game if my wife and I really want to see them play.

Closed Thread