HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/19/12 "Hockey Day In Sunrise" - Ducks VS Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
AaronEkbald
2nd to last in goals

vCash: 500
Weiss has really had a tough time in the past few.

It's not the lack of offense that pisses me off but the overall failure to do well in key games. We had a 6-point lead going into a 3-game home stand. His performance was as bad as it gets pretty much. Awful. It's not encouraging to see the "engine" of a team come up short like that in such a crucial point in the schedule.

I hate to throw him under the bus but seriously what are we supposed to see in him at this point?

The past few seasons he's shown us that he wants to be a Florida Panther for life and that he's worth zlich to the team past april. He doesn't perform in big games down the stretch so what are we supposed to expect in the postseason?

So frustrating to see this happen to such a good teammate and person..

Old
02-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Awful game to be at. Soon as they wasted the first half of the 4 minute, I knew we were done. Still cheered hard for a win, just wasn't going to happen.

How do you go on a 3 game win streak, then drop 3 straight at home? I was so pissed I drove home rather than spend time with Murph and some other friends.

Didn't think Yonkman looked to bad, but he wasn't out there very long, looked really nervous, and didn't use (or seem to want to, lol) his size.

Great fight by Barch.

That's about it.

02-20-2012, 03:05 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
We've been awful for 2-3 months now
not consistently awful but yeah... the compete level dropped off and hasn't been back for a full 60 minutes. it really seems like they collectively came to the conclusion that it was going to be easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Very fiiting that Weiss plays losing hockey as he ties the franchise lead for games played.

His brutal turnover is the one that ends up in the back of the net.

The guy who's supposed to be our best player and the guy who should really be hungrier than anyone else on the team to make the playoffs.

Feel bad for Theodore. He's delivered two Vezina-caliber performances and has gotten a combined 0 points.
that TO ends up being the difference. was soft and skated over loose pucks as well. i don't think he's injured either. just looks like he's not in the flow. he's probably pretty tired and that can't help much.

we have been a bit snake-bitten, tho. a few bounces and that could've easily been a W. i'll also say that the compete level is trending up. even in a couple of those games where we've given up early goals, they've come after some good effort. that said, there have been some real big problems defensively and in general, the slow starts have really gotten old.

on the bright side, ellerby played a much better game than many of late. he had a couple of breakout passes round about 6 and half minutes and 8 minutes into the 3rd where he filleted the forecheck and sent our Fs out 3v2. really beautiful plays. he got a ton of minutes tho and started looking winded (as did others) as the 3rd went on. who knows what'll happen with him but it's nice to see his composure coming back.

Old
02-20-2012, 04:03 AM
nhlfan9191

If we make the playoffs and Get the goaltending Throdore has given us the past two games, other teams better watch out. But you kinda have to be able too score two ******* goals minimum...

Old
02-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Kris Versteeg has been fined $2,500 for a cross-check he delivered in Friday's game against Washington.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:37 AM
SeasonTicket

In the 1st two months we were truly a 4 line team. We rolled the lines.

Now we have become a 2 line team. Last night 5 forwards played over 20+ mins and 2 others played 19+.

We had 4 forwards play under 8 mins. Only one was 12+.

I don't think anyone is playing hurt but I do think that we are burning out our top players.

We had home ice advantage last night but let Anaheim dictate to us who was playing and against who.

I think that Dineen is so focused on line matching that it's killing us. Teams with players like Perry, Ovi, Kovalchuk, etc.... play the heck out of these guys. Doesn't mean that our guys can handle that icetime.

Why not use a checking line with one goal in mind and that is to smoother the other teams top line. A line of guys like Kopecky, Matthias, Bradley or Skille and Madden when he was healthy.

We seem to play our top two against their top two. Guess what, it's not working.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:55 AM
harv3317

call me crazy, but i'd like to see mathias moved up to the first line. he gives energy, handles the puck well and is big and hustles his ass off. weiss has been very dusappointing lately. hope he doesn't have the old panther mentality buried in his brain. i think he needs to be demoted to the third line, or 4th line. santirelli needs to go. hopefully we can pull off a trade including him. we need an attitude adjustment. some guys, weiss, santorelli are really holding this team back.
THEO IS FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! guys step up and give him some help!!!!!!!

Old
02-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Was great to sit with Adam Graves and his son, had a really good time with them, despite the game. Met CHgoalie, too, also really cool. Fun guy.

Watching the team live, they literally looked defeated after Anaheim's first goal. It just took whatever wind they had out, and the guys waited around for a loss.

I expect a few trades, dunno who goes and who stays other than the literal obvious, but we're not gonna start tanking.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Was great to sit with Adam Graves and his son, had a really good time with them, despite the game. Met CHgoalie, too, also really cool. Fun guy.

Watching the team live, they literally looked defeated after Anaheim's first goal. It just took whatever wind they had out, and the guys waited around for a loss.

I expect a few trades, dunno who goes and who stays other than the literal obvious, but we're not gonna start tanking.
Agreed. I honestly don't know how we even had 31 shots on net. It seemed like 10. Our powerplay was terrible, and we need some improvement. I expect a few trades too, and don't be surprised if we give up players that you wouldn't expect we give up. Dale Tallon is going to surprise us.. i'm telling everyone right now.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

I agree with a lot of posts in this thread. We do need to roll 4 lines to be successful.

It's definitely been a rough few months. But despite all that, on a positive note, we're still in first-place. I'm looking at Dineen here and that he has to find a way to get these guys to compete for a full game. Not sure if Tallon will make some things happen before next week but Dineen has his roster, now he needs to find the right motivation.

And about Weiss, I agree with Lassie. When the season started it looked like Weiss was going to really breakout but he's really nosedived since. Disappearing is a concern and realistically, Weiss is one of Tallon's best chips (not including prospects). Now I love the kid, but maybe it could be one of those change of scenery stories. And if he stays a Panther, that's fine, but he definitely needs to pick up his game since there are a lot of expectations for him.

-ghoste

Old
02-20-2012, 11:56 AM
jkscott
Florida Panther STH

Everyone keeps asking why we do not have a captain when Weiss is the clear pick. I always had a suspicion that they didn't name a captain because Weiss is indeed the clear pick based on our roster and upper management has already made a decision on him and his future with the Florida Panthers.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
If we make the playoffs and Get the goaltending Throdore has given us the past two games, other teams better watch out. But you kinda have to be able too score two ******* goals minimum...
Jose Theodore is the only advantage we have right now.

In terms of a playoff spot, Theodore has been consistently good while a team like the Leafs (for example) has no goaltending right now.

Take away our steady goaltending that keeps us in games and we're rather awful.

Never would've thought our goaltending would actually be better off but Theodore is playing better than Vokoun did here.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkscott View Post
Everyone keeps asking why we do not have a captain when Weiss is the clear pick. I always had a suspicion that they didn't name a captain because Weiss is indeed the clear pick based on our roster and upper management has already made a decision on him and his future with the Florida Panthers.
Don't think so. I'll be surprised if he's moved, and it would have to be a pretty amazing return, imo.

I said preseason that I wasn't sure Weiss was captain material. I think he's a great assistant, but that doesn't mean he's got the tools to lead a team. He started to change my mind the first few months, and actually thought they were going to give him the C, but he's showing why he's better suited for the A.

Dineen and Tallon, both former NHLers, didn't feel he was clear cut, at all.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
But if we would have to face Lundquvist and the Rangers as the 8th seed, we are ****ed. Even if Theodore is amazing..But he cant shut them out every game and their offense is pretty good. We have already noticed that. Lundquvist will get them shutouts meanwhile especially against our offense and he will start all 7 games if needed.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Dineen doesnt think Bradley`s injury is shortterm..Repik likely coming back?

Old
02-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Montsy14

Bradley has a concussion. Throwing out a wild guess that it was when he misjudged a hit on Parros and the side of his head slammed into the glass. Unfortunate.

Old
02-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Bradley has a concussion. Throwing out a wild guess that it was when he misjudged a hit on Parros and the side of his head slammed into the glass. Unfortunate.
Damn, another injured player with a concussion..

Old
02-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
This likely means Repik barring a trade. He would be a welcome addition for his drive and offense.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
02-20-2012, 01:06 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Harvey said Matsumoto may come up, too. Between the two of em.

Old
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Harvey:

Garrison's skating tomorrow to test ankle; Jovo's close but doubtful for this week; Kuli is still several weeks away

Closed Thread