HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - Vancouver

Old
02-19-2012, 01:41 AM
Kip96

vCash: 500
Also after watching the Nucks-Leafs game today I was impressed with the speed of TO's forwards. Their D is very slow though and I think Ballard would be a good fit for them

Kip96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:54 AM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
Why do Leaf fans continue to pretend he's valuable? Canucks will not trade Schneider for a 1 dimensional scrub.
Thats as stupid as asking why 'nucks fans think a backup goalie is going to get Schenn.

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:54 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Why do Leaf fans continue to pretend he's valuable? Canucks will not trade Schneider for a 1 dimensional scrub.
Awh man I missed the part where if a defensive dman isn't a game-breaking talent by the time he's 22, he's a total scrub bust with no value. I really need to keep more up-to-date with these things.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:56 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by khennig16 View Post
Thats as stupid as asking why 'nucks fans think a backup goalie is going to get Schenn.
LOL

I don't think there's anyone in the league who doesn't think Schneider will make a very good number 1 goalie.

Maybe he can be the top 10 goalie Leafs fans were calling Reimer after his nice second half last year.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 AM
JVR-Kadri-Kessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowz View Post
Schneider is going to be the best goalie in the league in a few years. Only player on the leafs worth Schneider is Kessel and that would be a 1 for 1 trade.
hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahah, Thats it i give up, the world is going to end! I am just going to put a white flag up for all human kind!

Sticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:01 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
LOL

I don't think there's anyone in the league who doesn't think Schneider will make a very good number 1 goalie.
Appeal to the masses.

Quote:
Maybe he can be the top 10 goalie Leafs fans were calling Reimer after his nice second half last year.
Appeal to hypocrisy.

Two fallacies for the price of one, ladies and gentlemen.

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:03 AM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
LOL

Hes decent, nothing special. I think its more of him being behind the Canucks that inflate his stats, but nuck fans talk like he's going to get some huge return which he won't.
top 10 goalie? lol you're kidding me right?

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Not really, Schenn has been a healthy scratch recently he's playing so poorly. I think people have this perception because he was drafted #4 overall he will have a career path of gradually getting better every year until he is a top pairing dman.

I don't see him like that. I see a guy who was drafted high because of size and physicality. Players who mature physically at 18 years of age should have a red flag attached to them. Part of the reason he was drafted so high was because he was nhl ready. I think his potential is very limited and he's a dime a dozen player at this point.

I wasn't trying to troll, I'm just sick of people overrating Schenn. Canucks want no part of a Schenn for Schneider trade when there are better deals out there.

Quote:
Hes decent, nothing special. I think its more of him being behind the Canucks that inflate his stats, but nuck fans talk like he's going to get some huge return which he won't.
There are plenty of instances where he has been hung out to dry this season by the Canucks D. The team defense has been atrocious at times this year. Trust me when I say it has been nowhere near as good as last year. Luongo and Schneider have been bailing the Canucks out for the past 1.5 months because of their stupid lazy play. This 6-2 win is only the 2nd game in that time they have won a game by more than 1 goal (correct me if im wrong). Schneider is one of the most sound and composed goalies in the league right now. He will be a top 10 goalie if given a chance to start somewhere else.

Last edited by CASUAL KEV: 02-19-2012 at 02:13 AM.
CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:06 AM
keslerburrows

Schneider for Franson and Kulemin.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by keslerburrows View Post
Schneider for Franson and Kulemin.
Leafs wouldn't do it and we have enough forwards as it is. I wouldn't mind Franson, who could spend a season in the minors hopefully to be groomed into a Salo replacement. Not nearly as versatile but the kid does possess a shot. Schenn is who I want if we deal Schneider though.

Bieska - Hamhuis
Edler - Salo
Schenn - Ballard
Tanev

I'm good with that but I doubt Leaf fans or Burke are quite ready to give up on both their goaltenders and Schenn.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Leafs wouldn't do it and we have enough forwards as it is. I wouldn't mind Franson, who could spend a season in the minors hopefully to be groomed into a Salo replacement. Not nearly as versatile but the kid does possess a shot. Schenn is who I want if we deal Schneider though.

Bieska - Hamhuis
Edler - Salo
Schenn - Ballard
Tanev

I'm good with that but I doubt Leaf fans or Burke are quite ready to give up on both their goaltenders and Schenn.
To be fair everyone seems to overrate Schenn. How is it a good idea to trade Schneider for a 3rd pairing dman?

I demand to know why people value him so highly (besides being a high pick AKA Jack Johnson Syndrome)

CASUAL KEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:16 AM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Schneider has flat out stolen games the Canucks had no business winning. He has the calmness, technical skills, and attitude to succeed as a starter. He is so mature and has been properly developed with patience and care.

Whoever gets him will be very lucky.

NugentHopkinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Jobal

I think Leaf fans need to get a grip on Schenn's potential. He's not the defensive stud you guys thought you were getting when you drafted him (thanks a lot Pierre).

BB and Nonis would be crazy not to trade Schenn for Schneider. And GMMG would be crazy to do that trade.

Jobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:40 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
To be fair everyone seems to overrate Schenn. How is it a good idea to trade Schneider for a 3rd pairing dman?

I demand to know why people value him so highly (besides being a high pick AKA Jack Johnson Syndrome)
I do not believe he is a third pairing for his career. He just needs time to develop and in Vancouver the spotlight is removed because our expectations are significantly less of him as an individual than what Toronto is demanding. Salo is going to retire sooner rather than later and Schenn could very well develop into a top four defenseman.

As for moving Schneider, this is a pretty reasonable trade mate and frankly, you are partly overvaluing Schneider to think otherwise. While he is certainly the most valuable goaltender available, the market is saturated and few teams actually need a goaltender. Our forward depth is ridiculous, so we might as well shore up defense.

I suppose it comes to our opinions of what Schenn could do in a new organization. Granted, I also think firing Ron Wilson might do wonders for a lot of players in Toronto.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

If Schenn was making south of $1mil he would have value. Considering he's making close to Keith Ballard money and is an inferior player, his value is nowhere near Schneider's. Schenn's value is closer to Ballard's than it is Schneider's with that cap hit and poor play.

Between Vancouver and Toronto it's been over a decade since Brian Burke has been able to solidify the goaltending position for his club. Mike Gillis is having too much fun watching Burke fail to address the most important aspect of a team to give them Schneider.

"Vancouver is a goalie graveyard"! No Burke, you're a goalie graveyard. Vancouver has an exceptional starting goaltender, a budding star in the backup role and a couple of phenomenal prospects in Lack and Cannata.

Sorry Burke, you're gonna' have to sell Leaf fans on the next project keeper.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:22 AM
BLAME CANADA*
The Canucks did it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
If Schenn was making south of $1mil he would have value. Considering he's making close to Keith Ballard money and is an inferior player, his value is nowhere near Schneider's. Schenn's value is closer to Ballard's than it is Schneider's with that cap hit and poor play.

Between Vancouver and Toronto it's been over a decade since Brian Burke has been able to solidify the goaltending position for his club. Mike Gillis is having too much fun watching Burke fail to address the most important aspect of a team to give them Schneider.

"Vancouver is a goalie graveyard"! No Burke, you're a goalie graveyard. Vancouver has an exceptional starting goaltender, a budding star in the backup role and a couple of phenomenal prospects in Lack and Cannata.

Sorry Burke, you're gonna' have to sell Leaf fans on the next project keeper.
I remember the days when Burke would trade for a goalie and talk him up as the next best thing(Weekes) or in Potvins case a #1 lol and then the goalie fails and then the process repeats it self.

BLAME CANADA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Wait, when was Schenn in the proposal? That's why I threw in Gunnarsson, who is 1) better than Schenn, and 2) Makes 2.3 million less per season.

Nazem Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
BlamBlam

No from both teams. Schneider stays unless he's moved for someone who'll be in Vancouver's top 4 for a long time. Toronto has no reason to downgrade in a Ballard for Gunnarsson swap... and add Kulemin for some reason?

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:58 PM
galiano

After watching last nights game where at time the Canucks toyed with the Leafs, the question is why would Vancouver want to do any trade with Toronto ?

The Leafs look to be a very marginal playoff team, if they are lucky. The Canucks are very deep and look poised for another cup run.

Where is Burke and his bombast now ?

galiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:10 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
The Canucks aren't going to take spare parts from the Leafs for Cory Schneider. Not a chance.

02-19-2012, 02:19 PM
IWD

Funny how so many feel that Schenn is overrated garbage, yet (Insert player here) will never be moved unless he goes the other way.

I'm absolutely positive that another team will give Vancouver their top asking price for an unproven backup, but it won't be Toronto.

IWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
SIDGENO8771

Schneider for Schenn

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:23 PM
IBLeaf*

Rather keep Schenn then trade him for a back up goalie who will get slaughtered by our defence.

IBLeaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowz View Post
Schneider is going to be the best goalie in the league in a few years. Only player on the leafs worth Schneider is Kessel and that would be a 1 for 1 trade.

Not sure if serious.

Christina Woloski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:35 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Appeal to the masses.

Appeal to hypocrisy.

Two fallacies for the price of one, ladies and gentlemen.
Look at this guy. He took introduction to English at a community college. Bow down.

kmad is online now   Reply With Quote