HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

James Wisniewski Groin Injury

Old
02-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Tyler Durden

vCash: 500
James Wisniewski Groin Injury

Apparently he left Saturday game with a groin injury anyone know how serious it is will he miss time, will he play Sunday?? Thanks

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Doug19

I don't know how many times Wisniewski was a healthy scratch in previous years, but since 06/07 this guy has missed 125 NHL games. I don't know if all of those are from injuries (I know a few are suspensions) but this signing is going to be a big mistake if this guy can't figure out how to stay in the lineup.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
AV50

I don't think he's playing Sunday.

AV50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 02:49 PM
m8n8

Any word on Wiz?

m8n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:30 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

He took warm ups last night but did not play. I would be willing to guess he will play Tuesday.

02-26-2012, 09:09 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Would the Jackets trade Wiz back to Montreal?

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Where in the heck did this come from?

No.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I don't know how many times Wisniewski was a healthy scratch in previous years, but since 06/07 this guy has missed 125 NHL games. I don't know if all of those are from injuries (I know a few are suspensions) but this signing is going to be a big mistake if this guy can't figure out how to stay in the lineup.
Based on the past two seasons prior he will miss around 10 games a year, he's missed half of this season because of the suspension and broken ankle which are uncommon events.. That said, I don't think he will be labeled iron man any time soon.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
If their PP stud Markov is indeed finished due to severe knee injuries, then it's very possible that not only could the Jackets trade him with Montreal, but that they could get a premium for him this summer.

Montreal's power play was very good with the Wiz. It ranked 7th in the NHL at 19.3%. This season, it ranked dead last most of the year. Now it's 29th at 13.5%. Had Montreal had an adequate power play (along with a better shoot out record) it probably would be challenging for a playoff berth instead of holding out some remote hope of stealing the Jackets drafting position

Wiz doesn't strike me as a player whom one rebuilds around. He seems more of a specialty player for a team which needs power play help. The Wiz is on his 5th NHL team in the past four years; he's been viewed as non essential by teams far better than the Blue Jackets (but then again, who isn't better).

With the acquisition of JJ, I'd think Wiz is very expendable. However, he has a No Movement/No Trade Clause in his deal. I don't know its exact details, but those can be waived by the player ala Nash. Unless the Wiz is in love with Columbus and relishes the likely prospect of bottom of the league for a few years, then I'd think he's welcome a return to Montreal. He was pretty popular among the fan base there from what I can tell.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote