HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings should be SELLERS not Buyers at trade deadline

Old
02-19-2012, 10:27 AM
hangons

vCash: 500
Kings should be SELLERS not Buyers at trade deadline

Even if we got into the playoffs we aren't going anywhere. Everybody on the team is having a down year except Quick, Scuds, and Mitchell. We could probably get some decent prospects and picks for Dustin Brown, Stoll, and others.

hangons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:32 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

We would get great returns for Stoll, Mitchell, Scuderi, Brown, Penner, Bernier (no joke). There would be interest in all those guys, I wouldn't be opposed to becoming sellers either.

If we do make the playoffs again, it'll be the 7th-8th seed, we lose in the first round and it's the same old song. Lombardi for sure gets the axe if we don't make the playoffs, hell, he'll probably get fired if we lose in the first round again. I just hope Sutter gets fired too, seriously clean the whoooole staff up, Hextall too. I'm not even kidding, we need to have a massive change in philosophy/system and the only guys I think we should keep are Kopitar, Richards and Doughty. I don't give a **** about anyone else, those 3 are a solid foundation and we need to find guys to build around them.

Which GMs/coaches would you guys consider? Randy Carlyle as a coach?

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:35 AM
topliner967

Why sell Brown? He has a good contract and if the Kings upgrade their wingers he will be a good fit for a 2nd scoring line. Stoll I agree with. Could you specify others?

But I tend to lean towards not making any drastic chances before the deadline. They've been to the first round 2 years in a row (with the same core group of players), so I don't see how much extra experience they would get from an early exit again (I don't see them going past the first round).

I read that Carlyle also preaches a defence first kind of system, so don't know if bringing him in would make a world of difference.

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:43 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
We would get great returns for Stoll, Mitchell, Scuderi, Brown, Penner, Bernier (no joke). There would be interest in all those guys, I wouldn't be opposed to becoming sellers either.

If we do make the playoffs again, it'll be the 7th-8th seed, we lose in the first round and it's the same old song. Lombardi for sure gets the axe if we don't make the playoffs, hell, he'll probably get fired if we lose in the first round again. I just hope Sutter gets fired too, seriously clean the whoooole staff up, Hextall too. I'm not even kidding, we need to have a massive change in philosophy/system and the only guys I think we should keep are Kopitar, Richards and Doughty. I don't give a **** about anyone else, those 3 are a solid foundation and we need to find guys to build around them.

I think you forgot Quick on your should keep list.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:51 AM
HTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post

So what could they get?

Stoll - 2nd round pick
Mitchell -2nd round pick? Maybe a first.
Scud - 2nd?
Brown - prospect and a pick
penner - 5th round pick
bernier - nhl ready prospect

HTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

The season is not over and LA still in the thick of it.

I agree with Fox, activate the D and open the ******* ice up. The team needs an enema not a rebuild.

Send Stoll and Penner anywhere, maybe make Mitchell available if we don't go after Carter or Nash.

For those saying Quick is poised to jump ship, show me your crystal ball.

Bernier being here is insurance for Quick but Quick is gonna get paid either way. Bernier should go now as his future with LA is more in flux than Quick's.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
moosehead81

Don't make the play-offs or squeek in the 8th or 7th seed and lose quickly in the first round, then current managment and coaches are gone, new staff determine who forms the "core" (Richards, Kopitar, Quick, Doughty, maybe Johnson and a few others); the rest are goners for draft picks and role players and start over with a new 5 year plan. I don't think that LA will be sellers cause they'll still be in the race end of February but it could quickly unravel shortly after that, if it hasn't already..

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Aerolanche

I wouldn't want to play against this team in the playoffs. Same goes for the Lakers, they look like a defensive team built for the playoffs. Just need to get there first, of course.

The Kings I think are one move from being a serious threat. If they can swindle Nash from Columbus for that package talked about earlier, reunite Carter with Richards, or even have one of their sleeping stars wake up, they are immediately a dangerous team. I do think Sutter's horrid system will prevent the latter from happening, though.

http://www.aspechockey.com
Avalanche SPECulation, prospects and news.
Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:45 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTK View Post
So what could they get?

Stoll - 2nd round pick
Mitchell -2nd round pick? Maybe a first.
Scud - 2nd?
Brown - prospect and a pick
penner - 5th round pick
bernier - nhl ready prospect
We would get WAY more than that especially this year at the deadline. Small market this year and all those players would be wanted by someone. Yes even Penner. It doesnt take a scientist to tell that our system is bad. Penner would get us a second at least.

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

No. That be a bad move! Despite these God awful game that be over reaction! If you have a chance to make the playoffs you always go for it! There still a month and half to go! What is unreal about this team is they're playing hard and getting shots on net and even getting some chances but NOBODY can finish! That's what's so madding!!

Selling would be a terrible move! It would destroy the locker room! We wouldn't be able to sign anyone at free agency! We're to young to blow up and re-build. We have to keep adding on and ride through this patch. I know everyone has heard that a million times and this team can infurating but it's truth (the truth sucks sometimes) Trust me I was PISSED last night! ut throwing in the towel because we're upset would be a horrible idea!

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 02-19-2012 at 12:12 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Selling would be a terrible move! It would destroy the locker room! ...
The locker room is already in shambles. You can see it in their body language, in the utter lack of intensity and drive to win on the ice.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Selling won't happen, but it should. This group of guys is mentally cooked.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
The locker room is already in shambles. You can see it in their body language, in the utter lack of intensity and drive to win on the ice.
That's not true at all. They're depressed maybe.. and they should be! But they tried like hell last night to score, and just as I said nobody could finish! During the last 5 minutes they put on a lot of pressure... but couldn't finish! That's why it's so madding!

This whole thing is unreal. I never seen a team this talented unable to finish. I don't what it is. Bad luck? Bad System? Maybe you do shake up the team and bring in different players. But not right now. Not when your this close to the playoffs with this much time left to go.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
tomd

Quote:
That's not true at all. They're depressed maybe.. and they should be! But they tried like hell last night to score, and just as I said nobody could finish! During the last 5 minutes they put on a lot of pressure... but couldn't finish! That's why it's so madding!

This whole thing is unreal. I never seen a team this talented unable to finish. I don't what it is. Bad luck? Bad System? Maybe you do shake up the team and bring in different players. But not right now. Not when your this close to the playoffs with this much time left to go.
Newsflash - this team is not that talented relative to other NHL rosters.

When your forwards include King, Nolan, Richardson, Penner, Lewis, Clifford, Fraser, and Loktionov you have a major problem. In fact, if you told me that those forwards just listed made up the roster for the Monarchs last night I would not have questioned you.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post

When your forwards include King, Nolan, Richardson, Penner, Lewis, Clifford, Fraser, and Loktionov you have a major problem. In fact, if you told me that those forwards just listed made up the roster for the Monarchs last night I would not have questioned you.
BINGO,

People don't realise this, that's EIGHT .....EIGHT of your starting Twelve forwards.....

You don't score in the NHL with a roster like that. You even left Stoll out (who is a dud this year). Lets be Nice and remove Penner (history of scoring). That's still Seven guys that have no track record of Decent Production(30-40 points).

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:

Yep. It's time to face facts. Richardson, Lewis, Fraser, and Westgarth all aren't NHL players. King and Nolan are cup of coffee types, maybe they will hang and maybe they won't, but nothing can be expected of them. At times Clifford and Loktionov have looked like they belong in the AHL, their production has reflected it, and only just very recently have they played well enough to belong with the Kings. Penner should have been waived by now and Stoll has been a piece of garbage all season, certainly not anything resembling good. That is 10 forwards and this team can suit up 12 every night. IMO two of those 10 belong with the team on a permanent basis (Clifford, Loktionov). That means there are six forwards of value on the team, two of them are bottom six players and four are top six players. When you wonder why we can't score goals, start there.

Sorry, this team just isn't very good.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:31 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:

Yes it is. Your just pointing at the rookies.. (and penner). This team isn't as bad as it seems! Now with that said moves need to made. Some significant players need to be brought in. The forwards need more depth. I don't deny that.

But you know what... Fans are pissed. I get it, I was pissed last night. I wanted to blow the whole team up last night. I was upset fans weren't booing them louder last night a Staples... But you go to bed and you wake up and you move on.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:33 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yep. It's time to face facts. Richardson, Lewis, Fraser, and Westgarth all aren't NHL players. King and Nolan are cup of coffee types, maybe they will hang and maybe they won't, but nothing can be expected of them. At times Clifford and Loktionov have looked like they belong in the AHL, their production has reflected it, and only just very recently have they played well enough to belong with the Kings. Penner should have been waived by now and Stoll has been a piece of garbage all season, certainly not anything resembling good. That is 10 forwards and this team can suit up 12 every night. IMO two of those 10 belong with the team on a permanent basis (Clifford, Loktionov).

Sorry, this team just isn't very good.
Don't forget Gagne, He should have never been expected to play 80 games. Parse too, Dean should have had a Backup plan, Thanks Moller and Holloway.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:35 PM
tomd

Quote:
Yes it is. Your just pointing at the rookies.. (and penner). This team isn't as bad as it seems! Now with that said moves need to made. Some significant players need to be brought in. The forwards need more depth. I don't deny that.

But you know what... Fans are pissed. I get it, I was pissed last night. I wanted to blow the whole team up last night. I was upset fans weren't booing them louder last night a Staples... But you go to bed and you wake up and you move on.
C'mon! I listed 8 of the 12 forwards in the line-up last night!

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Loktionov is going to be good.
Clifford I wish we could have moved instead of Simmonds.
Lewis is a waste of space imho.
Fraser has heart but cant stay on his feet.
Westgarth is irrelevant.
Richardson was good last year but has done nothing this year.
Penner is a bust.
Gagne going down hurt.
Stoll is having a bad year and cant find a fit.

Nolan is a legit 3 or 4 line player.
King is slow but better than Penner.

we have no superstar scorer.
Kopi and Richards are having awful years.
Brown and Williams are 2cd liners.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:

I think this team needs trades for more than one player. Not one. I remember LA was in a horrible slump leading up to the Bernie Nichols trade. Granato and Sandstrom were brought it and both made an immediate impact to this team. I don't think a star forward will do it because that would be a lot of pressure for one guy to turn a whole team around. We shouldn't necessarily blow the up the team, but we need some changes with offense in mind.

Boston is 7th in goal/game and 2 in defense. It is possible to do both but we don't have enough skill up front for scoring or a system in place to allow that.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Don't forget Gagne, He should have never been expected to play 80 games. Parse too, Dean should have had a Backup plan, Thanks Moller and Holloway.
I always forget about Parse. Not that I can be blamed for that. Gagne I don't expect to play for this team again, I would be pleasantly surprised if he did.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:46 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
C'mon! I listed 8 of the 12 forwards in the line-up last night!
I don't deny it. That's too young. We need more veteran depth for bottom 6 forwards. I just don't think this team is terrible as people (who are pissed) are making it out to be. They're not crappy hockey players. It's just an inexperienced group of forwards.

My frustration is with the proven players who aren't finishing. Kopitar, Richards, Brown, Williams, Doughty, Johnson,Stoll, AND PENNER! Everyone of those guys can score in this league. All those forward have scored 20 goals or more in the NHL.

They're doing all the right things but the damn puck just isn't going in the ****ing net!

I'm not happy with this team at all, believe me! I just don't think we should be selling right now!

Old
02-19-2012, 12:48 PM
damacles1156

Mitchell is 34 almost 35 years old.

This deadline has very few sellers, he would return a nice low pick and a Forward prospect stuck behind depth.

Boston,Wings,Rangers,Philly,Nucks,Blues,Pens. Any of those teams would love to have Mitchell.

Stoll and Penner both gone,(low pick for Penner) Stoll I think could fetch a Forward prospect.

A-Mart again Forward prospect and pick. Kings have some nice assest's to land some Forward Prospects stuck behind depth.

You move those, the Kings are back to having some decent picks for a Deep draft, And Two to Three Forward prospects that Might be ready for the show next year.

Be a Seller Dean.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:10 PM
fsanford

I think you wait til the draft to try to make any major deal.
Penner and Stoll should be gone by early next week, that's a no brainer.

Kings are between a rock and hard place, they just jacked ticket prices, so
probably cannot just blow it all up, they need to try to make the playoffs.

Guess they are only 2 points out, but they are trending downward, and they
do no have a lot of offensive skill.

fsanford is offline   Reply With Quote