HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

I'll break it down simple stupid for everyone!

Old
02-19-2012, 02:04 AM
10 ft. pole

vCash: 500
I'll break it down simple stupid for everyone!

King's fans you can't shoot yourself when the safety is still on the gun!!! Calm the hell down and think this through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Penner was a mistake-Get rid of him
Gagne- Hurt all damn year he was to be counted on big time before we new Penner was worthless

Result:
-so we are down 2 Wingers that were both counted on to score at least 50 goals between them. 25 a piece

Kopitar is having an off year.

Richards has played with crap on his wings all year and has King and Nolan there now. I don't care how hard they play they don't have the hands or experience to finish in the show right now.

Richardson has been crap

Clifford is slumping much like Simmonds did last year.

Stoll is not playing well since being demoted to 3rd line center/2nd line winger/ hurt

Result:
Anything that could go wrong has gone wrong and then some.

Defense is playing their balls off!

Quick has a light about him like he is the second coming of Christ himself.

If we make a big trade we will suck
If we don't make a trade we will suck

-The smart thing to do is have the organization void the ticket increase for next season.
-See if you can get a 4th or better for Penner this week. If you get no offers Waive his ass and when he doesn't report to Manchester terminate his contract.
-Play out the string and let things end the way they are meant to end for the Kings this season.
-Keep Bernier, the first rounder, Jack, and all of the other things this team NEEDS and come back next year.
-Don't resign Stoll
-Sign a real third line player or trade for one to replace what you lost in Simmonds.
-Make a real push for Parise
-Realize that this just wasn't our year and don't make any stupid knee jerk trades or firings that will set us back further than this catastrophe of a season already did.

10 ft. pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:36 AM
markisonfire

Take Clifford and park his ass in front of the net on the power play. Handzus and Smyth did it last year, Simmonds is doing it in Philly. I don't understand... If our game is to get shots through and create rebounds, why do the players on our roster seem to want to do everything but that?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:38 AM
MynameisKing

I agree. Let things fall where they may. If they happen to make the playoffs or not then so be it. Any action now is just a knee jerk reaction!

MynameisKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:39 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I am not trying to throw salt on the wound or anything but what would it take to get Penner is an Ahler enough?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I am not trying to throw salt on the wound or anything but what would it take to get Penner is an Ahler enough?
A zamboni.

Never mind, a zamboni has greater value. I don't know man, good question.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Fishhead

Quote:
Yep, I would even suffer through John Ahlers to get rid of Penner.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:49 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Yep, I would even suffer through John Ahlers to get rid of Penner.
Logan MacMillan is an rfa at the end of the year him for Penner straight up?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 05:56 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Logan MacMillan is an rfa at the end of the year him for Penner straight up?
As much as moving Penner would be addition by subtraction, it wont be to a team the Kings are competing with for a playoff spot. I think it's a given that he'll find his scoring touch in whatever new team he goes to, especially if he can somehow continue to negatively impact the Kings from his new team.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Homunculous

I feel bad for Penner, I really do, he came in and just did what he's always done. Obviously he hasn't produced, but he's had some minor injuries, learning a new system(that isn't working[read: broken]) and just overall bad luck. Now all the blame from the front office seems to be going to him when obviously it's a team issue and not individual players. He's still the same Penner of old, actually I take that back he's a better conditioned and more defensively reliable Penner who has been made scapegoat because he's not homegrown and comes from not just 1 but 2 of our current most despised organIzations(read: Ducks & Oilers[Fraser v. Smyth fiasco]) if he gets a chance on a team with some sort(read: any) of an offensive system next year he's gonna pot 30-40 goals. But to your question, I'm guessing a 3rd or any valid prospect(read: possible NHLer) is offered he's gone like our playoff hopes.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Homunculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
Anything that could go wrong has gone wrong and then some.
Damn I wish Murray hadn't been fired, atleast I'd get some wordplay out of Murphy's law/Murray's law.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
moosehead81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homunculous View Post
I feel bad for Penner, I really do, he came in and just did what he's always done. Obviously he hasn't produced, but he's had some minor injuries, learning a new system(that isn't working[read: broken]) and just overall bad luck. Now all the blame from the front office seems to be going to him when obviously it's a team issue and not individual players. He's still the same Penner of old, actually I take that back he's a better conditioned and more defensively reliable Penner who has been made scapegoat because he's not homegrown and comes from not just 1 but 2 of our current most despised organIzations(read: Ducks & Oilers[Fraser v. Smyth fiasco]) if he gets a chance on a team with some sort(read: any) of an offensive system next year he's gonna pot 30-40 goals. But to your question, I'm guessing a 3rd or any valid prospect(read: possible NHLer) is offered he's gone like our playoff hopes.
Geez, the Penner I saw last night looked like he had sandpaper on the bottom of his skates- somebody with broomball shoes on would move faster than him. I feel bad for the guy but, if this is the best he can do, he wouldn't score 30-40 goals ever with any team, even if he played wing for Wayne Gretzky in his prime. Can't he be put on waivers before being sent down to free up cap space?

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisKing View Post
I agree. Let things fall where they may. If they happen to make the playoffs or not then so be it. Any action now is just a knee jerk reaction!
I agree with... er... your agreement.

Any trade now is an obvious reaction to terrible offensive play, and the Kings would just end up overpaying for whomever they trade for.

This team has shown they can lose on their opwn, they need to learn to win on their own - the "talent" is there.

Let this team finish out the season, evaluate, rinse, repeat.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

i agree with the op.

i do think this team needs a shake up tho.

fox has said multiple times now how the d should be allowed to activate more freely.

assistant coaches need to go.

i still think Nash is a good fit, but only if that price comes down....which it wont. la has missed the boat to often on premium wingers.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote