HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wallace? Why? I want to see Haley and Gillies.

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
NYI78

vCash: 500
can we stop with the gillies talk he can't even get on the ice in bridgeport

Old
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
nyisles

Send a message via ICQ to nyisles Send a message via AIM to nyisles
I wouldn't mind seeing Haley called up, give him Rolston's spot (he'll probably score more too). But please forget about Gillies, he's simply doo-doo-caca-crap.

02-19-2012, 02:30 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
can we stop with the gillies talk he can't even get on the ice in bridgeport
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Haley called up, give him Rolston's spot (he'll probably score more too). But please forget about Gillies, he's simply doo-doo-caca-crap.
I'd take Gillies over Rolston.

Play Tavares, Gillies on the bench for emotion (and because he's concussed?) and no Rolston. Win-win-win.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 50
I like Gillies and I like the "toughness" you guys talk about.. But he really is absolutely useless to this team. They don't need a goon, they need another Matt Martin.. Someone who can actually contribute offensively and defensively on the ice rather than Gillies who is liability every time he awkwardly skates on the ice. As for Haley, I wouldn't mind him up with the team. He can atleast contribute to the team but, like I think it was Hip Of Rick who pointed out in the first page, that Haley too can be rather reckless and take stupid penalties. There are already a handful of useless players on the roster.. Rolston/Pandolfo/Reasoner/Wallace (thanks be to snow we have him for next year too!). It's been the same problems with this team the last couple seasons.. Promising kids surrounded with absolute crap veterans.

As for the OP regarding Ness..

I'm just going to ignore the part where you want Gillies/Haley to replace him with our D corps already completely devastated by injuries.

The kid has been exposed at times.. Example yesterday when he did not get back after pinching leading to the 2v1 goal. Give him time, he shouldn't even be playing at the NHL level and I think he's doing a decent job on both ends. It's not like every time he's on the ice you cringe like with Mottau, he's going to be fine.

Last edited by Bunk Moreland: 02-19-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Isles Junkie

Haley over Reasoner? Sure why not. but it won't make a bit of difference in how the team plays.

If Haley was more like Martin and didn't take stupid penalties, then they'd be insane not to have him up. But he does take stupid penalties, at least once a game. That's why he's not here.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
BeMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyNystromOwnsYou View Post

Did you say something about selective reading?

I do love how you argue against Haley the whole time, then say you would take him over Reasoner though. That was classic. So what are you debating then?
If you read that paragraph you'll see that in the very first line I say "Maybe Gillies does have a great work ethic" ... Gillies .. not Haley.

Selective reading point - proven!

Old
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

As long as they are healthy, the trio of Rolston, Pandolfo and Reasoner will be in the line-up. Alone their combined paychecks make it necessary to get whatever the team can from them.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:53 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonstack View Post
If you read that paragraph you'll see that in the very first line I say "Maybe Gillies does have a great work ethic" ... Gillies .. not Haley.

Selective reading point - proven!

You said you would take Haley over Reasoner. If you're debating Gillies with me, you have selective reading because I've never mentioned Gillies in this thread (and you are after all the one who replied to my post). The heavyweight is a thing of the past in the NHL, there is no reason to have him up.

Your problem is you have anit-fighter bias. You lump them all together, hence you replying to me about Gillies when I never mentioned him and accusing me of selective reading. It's hysterical.

Old
02-19-2012, 06:55 PM
BaileyToOkposo

Quote:

You said you would take Haley over Reasoner. If you're debating Gillies with me, you have selective reading because I've never mentioned Gillies in this thread (and you are after all the one who replied to my post). The heavyweight is a thing of the past in the NHL, there is no reason to have him up.

Your problem is you have anit-fighter bias. You lump them all together, hence you replying to me about Gillies when I never mentioned him and accusing me of selective reading. It's hysterical.
U guys sound like a bunch of 5 yr olds. Your fighting over something you all agree on which is gillies is not an nhl player.. I dnt get it lol

Old
02-19-2012, 08:05 PM
BeMoney

Quote:

Your first two posts in this thread are in support of resigning Gillies because he is "a hard worker and good for the kids" so when you say you never mentioned him, I'm a tad confused.

Instead of going back and forth with you, I'm just going to end here, its just a waste of time.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:19 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

You're right, I did mention hom being good for the kids in BRIDGEPORT. Then you gave 50 reasons why he shouldn't be on Long Island. I never said he did. Selective reading.

Either way I was never campaigning for Trevor on ths island. But we will soon pay for having no toughness, if we haven't already.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Tampa Island

The part about Ness, I do realize our defensive corps is weak. Just in general a roster spot.

I'm with the others about Gillies have intangibles beyond his playing ability. I also think some of you are being too hard on Haley. You really see something better out of Wallace, Rolston, Pandolfo, and Reasonor?

Please. Replace Gillies and Haley with 2 of those 4 and this team has more grit and a line with toughness, because they aren't scoring much anyways.

As for Ness, I'm a bigger fan of Wisharts potential I heard alot about while he was in Tampa Bay.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:43 PM
DerekJR321

You guys crack me up. Debating over Haley and Gillies. I would take BOTH of them over any of those complete LOSERS we have out there right now. Rolston? Eaton? Streit? Give me a break.

This team is the biggest pansy team in the NHL. If your talking about bringing players up for toughness, then yes we DO need "goons". And those two are perfect for the job. People on here bashing Gillies saying "oh he can never get on the ice, blah blah blah". He's been injured a lot this season. So yes, he hasn't played a lot. Neither has DiPietro. And he's still on the NHL roster. I like Gillies. He's a good guy. Loves the fans. Takes time to talk to them. And he gets people amped up. Something only ONE other player on this team does.

This season is pretty much over. Might as well bring a few guys back to try and get some respect. But of course that doesn't make good hockey does it? As if we really stand a chance in these last 23 games.

Yes.. I am pissed off. I had to sit through that 6-0 loss today in person.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:50 PM
malPHONEY

Having Trevor Gillies be on the ice for 15 seconds to fight the other team's thug is what this team has been missing.

We need him and Trent Hunter and we'll win the Cup.

Old
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJR321 View Post
You guys crack me up. Debating over Haley and Gillies. I would take BOTH of them over any of those complete LOSERS we have out there right now. Rolston? Eaton? Streit? Give me a break.

This team is the biggest pansy team in the NHL. If your talking about bringing players up for toughness, then yes we DO need "goons". And those two are perfect for the job. People on here bashing Gillies saying "oh he can never get on the ice, blah blah blah". He's been injured a lot this season. So yes, he hasn't played a lot. Neither has DiPietro. And he's still on the NHL roster. I like Gillies. He's a good guy. Loves the fans. Takes time to talk to them. And he gets people amped up. Something only ONE other player on this team does.

This season is pretty much over. Might as well bring a few guys back to try and get some respect. But of course that doesn't make good hockey does it? As if we really stand a chance in these last 23 games.

No one respects Gillies. He's the one player who can make this team even more of a circus.

Old
02-20-2012, 11:29 PM
BobbyNystromOwnsYou*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJR321 View Post

Our 4th line provided a lot of passion last season. The 4th line this season has dragged the team down.

Old
02-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Isles4ever82

Im not saying Gillies should be called up just stating there are still plenty of goons in the NHL.

Brian McGrattan 6'4 240lbs
John Scott 6'8 275
George Parros- 6'5 230lbs
Jody Shelly- 6'3 230lbs
Matt Kassian- 6'5 250
Kevin Wesgarth 6'5 245
Paul Bissonette 6'3 215
Matt Carkner 6'4 240
Eric Boulton
Cam Janseen
Shawn Thorton
Tom Sestito
Jarred Boll
John Erskine
Steve Macantier and Joel Rechlicz have been called up multiple times this year too.

There still are plenty of HW's/goons around. Most of these guys are no better then Gillies yet they have roster spots.

Haley should be up here no matter what. We lack toughness, we need an energy guy and someone else besides Martin who will hit, get under the skin of opponets and fight when needed. Gillies should only be called up if we are playing a really tough team who start s*** and have a goon playing.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Isles4ever82

If there is one game I want Gillies here it's for this one. Boston has 3 HW's fighters and about a half dozen middleweight fighters.I have a feeling Martin might be in trouble in this game.

Old
03-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Isles Junkie

yeah we don't need 2 Haley threads on the front page.

Closed Thread