HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Cgy - nyi

Old
02-19-2012, 11:08 AM
AimForTopCheddar
04 Bolts/Flames!

vCash: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Ah, is that why PAP got 0.91 points/game and Tanguay got 0.74 points/game?
PAP is younger aswell. He is better than Tanguay.
Last year Tanguay had 69 points in 79 games, has 32 pts in 43.
PAP only had 53 pts in 81 and 53 in 58 games. This season PAP is scoring .913, Tanks is at .903 and we have Tanks on a nice contract, PAP is UFA...so Tanks is way better

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Skobel24
#Ignited

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenBartschi27 View Post
U guys want comeau back ?
Comeau isn't going anywhere!

as for the Tangs vs PAP debate... We're happy with Tanguay, you guys are happy with PaP. Enough said.

Last edited by Skobel24: 02-19-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobel24 View Post
Comeau isn't going anywhere!

as for the Tangs vs PAP debate... We're happy with Tanguay, you guys are happy with PaP. Enough said.

I hope that is sarcasm.. BC might be one of the worst players in the NHL not named Rolston Hunter or Penner.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
I hope that is sarcasm.. BC might be one of the worst players in the NHL not named Rolston Hunter or Penner.
worst 20 goal scorer ever

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
worst 20 goal scorer ever
Or best 4 goal scorer ever.

I think Isles fans would know a little better then you.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:58 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Or best 4 goal scorer ever.

I think Isles fans would know a little better then you.
Have seen him play in Calgary? He has been a great 3rd liner.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:01 PM
silly1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Everyone in this thread was speaking for Flames fans without being one themselves.
Giordano is already a top 3 defenceman. Simply massive, massive overpayment by the Flames unless a 1st+ is included.
LOL...is this Mark Giordano were talking about? Or Ryan Suter/Shea Webber?? (that 1st may be a lotto pick)

silly1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly1118 View Post
LOL...is this Mark Giordano were talking about? Or Ryan Suter/Shea Webber?? (that 1st may be a lotto pick)
You really don't think Mark Giordano for an un-signed PA Parenteau, who has had one good season in the NHL, isn't a massive overpayment?

Parenteau is an extremely flawed player. Isles fans know this. They hated him before this season and wanted him off the team.

Giordano is an all-around effective defenceman on a team that lacks them. The Flames have an abundance of top 6 wingers. Parenteau has no place.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Have seen him play in Calgary? He has been a great 3rd liner.
Yes I have, he does the same things that got him kicked off the Island. He's new and shiny so you give him a pass on certain things, but if he's around all of next season I guarantee you'll be pulling hair.

Either that or your standards for a 3rd line winger are low.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Yes I have, he does the same things that got him kicked off the Island. He's new and shiny so you give him a pass on certain things, but if he's around all of next season I guarantee you'll be pulling hair.

He hasn't been great, but as a bottom 6 player, he has a type of skill most of them don't. He's pretty crafty with the puck, even though his success rate is low.

He's been adequate with the injuries the Flames have right now and I think he'd be a solid spark plug for us in the future.

And we gave up nothing, so it doesn't hurt.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:15 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

11 points in 37 games so about 24 points over 82 that is 3rd liner I guess the Island has high expectations who knew?

Old
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenBartschi27 View Post
U guys want comeau back ?
Comeau's making $2.5m this season ,while scoring 4 goals, 7 assists.

Isles will pass

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
He hasn't been great, but as a bottom 6 player, he has a type of skill most of them don't. He's pretty crafty with the puck, even though his success rate is low.

He's been adequate with the injuries the Flames have right now and I think he'd be a solid spark plug for us in the future.

And we gave up nothing, so it doesn't hurt.

That's true, I guess what pissed us off so much is because we all know he's got hands, he can skate, and he's got a great shot. Sadly he's got the hockey IQ of lamp and is afraid of throwing a body check. For us, the combo of high skill + low production + lack of physicality was too much.

And to TheGleninator, those point totals would be acceptable if he was good defensively, could cycle the puck, and throw the occasional body check.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:21 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
That's true, I guess what pissed us off so much is because we all know he's got hands, he can skate, and he's got a great shot. Sadly he's got the hockey IQ of lamp and is afraid of throwing a body check. For us, the combo of high skill + low production + lack of physicality was too much.

And to TheGleninator, those point totals would be acceptable if he was good defensively, could cycle the puck, and throw the occasional body check.
Agree to disagree in calgary he has looked good on the pk and has good position defensively.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:22 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
11 points in 37 games so about 24 points over 82 that is 3rd liner I guess the Island has high expectations who knew?
Comeau had 24 goals in 2010-2011.The isles had hoped the inconsistent winger would build off that and earn the longterm deal he'd pushed for in his last contract talks.

0 goals,0 assists and a laid back effort in his first 16 games made him expendable.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:26 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Agree to disagree in calgary he has looked good on the pk and has good position defensively.
Works with me. Hope he can find that scoring touch again with you guys.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:27 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Bailey is developing into a very good pk player and defensively solid 3rd liner.

Bailey makes roughly $1m this season and $1m next season.
Comeau is making $2.5m this season and is due a 10% raise on his qualifying offer this summer.

if Comeau made what Bailey made ,the isles would have moved him to the 4th line and shown more patience.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 02-19-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old
02-19-2012, 12:30 PM
RA9

Would rather keep giordano. pap would be nice addition to our depth but with all those guys coming back from injury in late march and our 2-4th lines holding their own i don't think the flames would need to make any deals for forwards

RA9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
silly1118

Quote:
You really don't think Mark Giordano for an un-signed PA Parenteau, who has had one good season in the NHL, isn't a massive overpayment?

Parenteau is an extremely flawed player. Isles fans know this. They hated him before this season and wanted him off the team.

Giordano is an all-around effective defenceman on a team that lacks them. The Flames have an abundance of top 6 wingers. Parenteau has no place.
I agree with wat you are saying in this post. I dont think PAP would net us Giordano. It certainly would take more than that. However, if this was a trade on the table and so far these 2 were in play for each other, that extra piece going the other way to Calgary will not be this years 1st round pick. Im sorry. Giordano is a fine player, but not for PAP + 1st round pick. That is overpayment

Old
02-19-2012, 12:50 PM
periferal

Quote:
lol absolutely he's not. PA is playing with an extremely hot Tavares and as short a time as last season, Isles fans would have done anything to get him off the team.

Tanguay plays in a pure defensive system, is one of our best PKers, and is already signed to a fair deal.

Parenteau is half the player Tanguay is.

Facts are important. PA has not been playing with Tavares for a while now. Plus if you watch Isles games you'd know that PA is creating offense all on his own. The assists he's been racking up and mostly all due to him crating offensive chances.

That's said, if the Isles want Giordano they'd have to give PA and something else of significance.

periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:00 PM
silly1118

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
Facts are important. PA has not been playing with Tavares for a while now. Plus if you watch Isles games you'd know that PA is creating offense all on his own. The assists he's been racking up and mostly all due to him crating offensive chances.

That's said, if the Isles want Giordano they'd have to give PA and something else of significance.
This. Agree 10000%. PAP is NOT a product of Tavares. He has great vision. I agree we all wanted him gone at points last year, but this year is a different story. He is still racking up points W/O Tavares. The guy is CREATING his own offense and his point totals are showing it. If the isles want Giordano however, the other significant piece will not be the first round pick. That may end up being a lotto pick like I said. Hell, it has even a minor chance of being 1st overall(depending on the lotto balls). I would think something along the lines of PAP+Okposo+2nd rounder would get it done...thought?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Xelstyle

Kind of interested to think about what teams would even consider trading a top 4 defenseman for PAP. Not a knock on him directly, but for a rental that's a pretty steep price to pay even taking into account that he's having a great year.

Flames will obviously pass. (Unless you take Butler who is at the very most, a #4 defenseman)

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by silly1118 View Post
This. Agree 10000%. PAP is NOT a product of Tavares. He has great vision. I agree we all wanted him gone at points last year, but this year is a different story. He is still racking up points W/O Tavares. The guy is CREATING his own offense and his point totals are showing it. If the isles want Giordano however, the other significant piece will not be the first round pick. That may end up being a lotto pick like I said. Hell, it has even a minor chance of being 1st overall(depending on the lotto balls). I would think something along the lines of PAP+Okposo+2nd rounder would get it done...thought?
No thanks.

Reading how it's a sellers market and the prices being asked for players like Carter/Nash/Hemsky,I think Snow will be able to get either a nhl ready blueliner,with top 4 potential or a 1 yr pickup like SJ's Murray for Parenteau.

No interest in moving Okposo

Old
02-19-2012, 02:31 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Kind of interested to think about what teams would even consider trading a top 4 defenseman for PAP. Not a knock on him directly, but for a rental that's a pretty steep price to pay even taking into account that he's having a great year.

Flames will obviously pass. (Unless you take Butler who is at the very most, a #4 defenseman)
I'm keeping an eye on the teams that are beating the bushes for scoring:

Preds have told Suter they are going to upgrade the roster for a cup run.They want him signing an extension and not testing the ufa market in july.

Kings are struggling to score goals.Reportedly would like Nash or Carter.Both will cost considerably more then Parenteau.Oilers don't seem inclined to move Hemsky cheaply.Leafs may move Grabo,although he wants to stay.

SJ reportedly wants scoring.Are they giving up the 3-4 trade chips Nashville will want for Nash?Would moving 32 yr old Murray,who's got 1 yr on his deal for Parenteau make more sense?

Old
02-19-2012, 02:41 PM
tmurfin
So Good! Mony Mony!

Quote:

You havent watched him play in Calgary apparently. Hes been great defensively and has been throwing huge hits night in night out. As for Gio for PaP........ LMFAO. I want nothing to do with pap.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote