HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Avs UFA Fs

Old
02-19-2012, 08:33 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Avs UFA Fs

Wondering what the value is for these guys

McClement-C- nice depth pickup, pker
Jones-RW- can score in bunches
McCleod-LW- tough winger
Winnik- C- depth

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=12

I would like the idea of McClement to the Rangers. Any interest in a pick and Wolski going back to where he did well?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
McClement needs to get resigned ASAP, he's been instrumental in giving O'Reilly more chances to flourish offensivly, he also excels in his role as a 3rd line center. I don't want to see him go and I'm sure that the vast majority of Avs fans shares my opinion.

Winnik is playing on the wing not center.

Jones is a tricky one, Avs need goal scoring wingers, so he's probably avalible only if there's one coming back, which doesn't make sense for the team that's trying to get him.

I doubt there'll be takers for McLeod given salary and skill set.

PS

Avs aren't interested in bringing back Wolski.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Vitto79

McClement is a solid trooper. Avs have to entertain moving him for a pick if they dont think he's a for sure resign

Jones is interesting since he has scored some goals. Again I think you move him if a prospect/pick comes back.

agreed McLeod is meh but he does fight so someone like Vancouver may grab him for the 4th line. Winnik likely doesnt have much value

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Considering they don't have a 1st, they better not be sellers.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Would love McClement in Washington, but I agree that the Avs management is likely going to take every initiative to try and keep him in Denver.

Jones intrigues me as well, but reminds me a little too much of Eric Fehr in his lack of physical game and his inconsistency in driving the net.

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 08:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Avs are fighting for a playoff spot and if they aren't completely out of it come Feb 27th I don't see them dealing any of the guys you've mentioned.

Old
02-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Avs are fighting for a playoff spot and if they aren't completely out of it come Feb 27th I don't see them dealing any of the guys you've mentioned.
But as a fan of the team holding your 1st rounder, I certainly hope someone offers you a lot of futures for them and you decide to trade anyway.

Mystlyfe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
But as a fan of the team holding your 1st rounder, I certainly hope someone offers you a lot of futures for them and you decide to trade anyway.
One can always hope.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:34 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Add Shane O'Brien to the list.

McClement, Jones, Winnik, and O'Brien. Nobody in their right mind would want McLeod.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

McClement, Jones, Winnik, and O'Brien. Nobody in their right mind would want McLeod.
He was listing Avs forwards, not defensmen.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Grinder2222

McLeod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

Canucks have been desperately trying to get McLeod all year. He's the heart and soul of the Avs so not sure if they'll trade him but a lot of teams need what he brings. He'll probably resign elsewhere next season. Players are trying to get away from this organization since it doesn't look the Avs are willing to spend enough to be competitive.

I still expect a trade at the deadline. Maybe Jones and Quincy for an upgrade at wing.

Grinder2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Ellipson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cups View Post
Canucks have been desperately trying to get McLeod all year. He's the heart and soul of the Avs so not sure if they'll trade him but a lot of teams need what he brings. He'll probably resign elsewhere next season. Players are trying to get away from this organization since it doesn't look the Avs are willing to spend enough to be competitive.

I still expect a trade at the deadline. Maybe Jones and Quincy for an upgrade at wing.
Haha, what? Are you TwitterRumorAccount#47382 or something?

Only two out of that bunch worth much of anything are McClement and Jones, and neither makes sense to move considering what was already said about O'Reilly and team need, respectively.

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:

Yeah, either that, Brainiac, or they know they have to re-up Duchene, O'Reilly and EJ this off-season and don't want to handcuff themselves giving dumptrucks full of money to the likes of Ville Leino and James Wisniewski.

Could that possibly be??? No, that would be retarded. Break the bank for complimentary players!!!!!

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

McLeod is the heart and soul of Colorado? You must've misspelled Ryan O'Reilly. I'm sure he's well liked in the locker room, but he sure as hell isn't the heart and soul player on their roster.

And in response to the bolded part of your post, I would like to know on which authority do you know that Avs aren't willing to spend to be competitive? FYI their GM said that he can spend to the cap, but he doesn't want to do so until the new CBA is in place. The entire Avs FO doesn't want to get screwed like they did the last time CBA was negotiated.

Also considering Quincey, he was labeled as a key player by Avs GM before the season and he's been playing with EJ on the top pairing, so it's unlikely that he'll get moved unless there's a deal in place that clearly favors the Avs.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Grinder2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
Haha, what? Are you TwitterRumorAccount#47382 or something?

Only two out of that bunch worth much of anything are McClement and Jones, and neither makes sense to move considering what was already said about O'Reilly and team need, respectively.
Not sure what you're questioning. I never said McLeod had much value but that doesn't mean teams don't want him. Vancouver called 6-7 times this year for McLeod. I don't think the Avs will trade him but I expect McLeod to look at Van in the off season. Players are frustrated with the Avs organization so I think players with an option to leave will do so if they can get an offer elsewhere.

I agree Jone has so value and the Avs believe they have a lot of depth on the blueline so that's what they're looking to trade. My guess is Jones and Quincy in a package but it could also be O'Brien.

Old
02-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Ellipson

Quote:
Not sure what you're questioning. I never said McLeod had much value but that doesn't mean teams don't want him. Vancouver called 6-7 times this year for McLeod. I don't think the Avs will trade him but I expect McLeod to look at Van in the off season. Players are frustrated with the Avs organization so I think players with an option to leave will do so if they can get an offer elsewhere.

I agree Jone has so value and the Avs believe they have a lot of depth on the blueline so that's what they're looking to trade. My guess is Jones and Quincy in a package but it could also be O'Brien.
I am questioning how you know these things. Care to provide a source? Snark in my first post notwithstanding, not actively trying to antagonize you, but these are pretty strong statements to make without any backing.

Ellipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Grinder2222

Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipson View Post
I am questioning how you know these things. Care to provide a source? Snark in my first post notwithstanding, not actively trying to antagonize you, but these are pretty strong statements to make without any backing.
I know several players quite well and have spoken with Cody recently. We have the same agent. Guys told me several of the players ranked all the teams one night and the Avs were listed as a bottom five organization. They don't feel ownership is willing to spend. They're a frustrated group. I think all organizations have some of this but it's out of hand in Colorado from the sound of things.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
I know several players quite well and have spoken with Cody recently. We have the same agent. Guys told me several of the players ranked all the teams one night and the Avs were listed as a bottom five organization. They don't feel ownership is willing to spend. They're a frustrated group. I think all organizations have some of this but it's out of hand in Colorado from the sound of things.
Wow...it sure is easy to make up stuff.

Sure you do...and also EVEN if you did, I'm quite certain that Greg Sherman didn't call up Cody McLeod's agent and said, hey you know what, Vancouver keeps calling about your client. What would be the point exactly, from HIS standpoint??

You wanna know how I know Vancouver didn't call 6-7 times like you said?? I AM Greg Sherman and they didn't call. <- wow...it really IS easy to make stuff up.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I'm Ronald Reagan.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powdered Toast Man View Post
I'm Ronald Reagan.
Hi Ronald! I'm Greg.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:08 AM
kthsn

vCash: 1785
I hope the Canucks inquire about McClement.

Seems like a moneypuck player - very good in the defensive zone, gives us another PK option. He fits in with the Canucks philosphy of giving D zone starts to defense first players.

If we somehow could fit him we could ice a fourth line of Malhotra - McClement - Lappy. A very good shutdown line and a 3rd line on some teams.

kthsn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I hope the Canucks inquire about McClement.

Seems like a moneypuck player - very good in the defensive zone, gives us another PK option. He fits in with the Canucks philosphy of giving D zone starts to defense first players.

If we somehow could fit him we could ice a fourth line of Malhotra - McClement - Lappy. A very good shutdown line and a 3rd line on some teams.
There is only ONE TRUE "Lappy" and the guy I'm talking about certainly isn't a yellow-bellied coward.

Old
02-19-2012, 11:24 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
The Avs should be doing everything in their power to re-sign McClement. He's been a great pickup.

I could see the other two being shopped, although Winnik less so than Jones.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
There is only ONE TRUE "Lappy" and the guy I'm talking about certainly isn't a yellow-bellied coward.
A true warrior.

Old
02-19-2012, 12:01 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
The Avs should be doing everything in their power to re-sign McClement. He's been a great pickup.

I could see the other two being shopped, although Winnik less so than Jones.
I think both McClement and Winnik should be re-signed, while we should move Jones and O'Brien for picks/prospects.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote