HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Grabovski to St.Louis

Old
02-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Here's what I think it'll take.

Grabovski + 2nd '12

For

Sobotka + 1st '12
Leaf fans are to trade proposals as Columbus is to NHL standings: awful.

Sure, St. Louis will trade their effective 3rd-line center on a RFA contract and their only 1st round pick in 2 years for a UFA rental and a crappy 2nd.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post

Sure, St. Louis will trade their effective 3rd-line center on a RFA contract and their only 1st round pick in 2 years for a UFA rental and a crappy 2nd.
It's not gonna happen, but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. It really isn't that bad, just Sobotka is very important to this team and will be vital in the playoffs.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Lemons

vCash: 500
As a habs fan i think its not a terrible deal. I think blues are overpaying a bit.

Anybody who thinks grabo is not worth a first is an idiot. He's EASILY worth a 20-22 overall.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
As a habs fan i think its not a terrible deal. I think blues are overpaying a bit.

Anybody who thinks grabo is not worth a first is an idiot. He's EASILY worth a 20-22 overall.
He's a rental asking for 5 mil plus. Blues aren't giving up a first for 2 months of Grabo

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:52 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco Lombardi View Post
He's a rental asking for 5 mil plus. Blues aren't giving up a first for 2 months of Grabo
This is just you speculating - do you actually have any link or any shred of credible proof to support your assertion that he's asking for upwards of 5m?

The fact is, we don't know what he's asking. We've heard he wants more than Connolly, but he loves Toronto and may take a hometown discount.

Considering the drop in talent after the first 10 or so picks in this draft combined with the already set values of Grossman and Hall Gill getting 2nds + ... You may think St Louis wouldn't sacrifice their 1st for playoff help - fine. But its silly to dismiss Grabo as not being worth a 1st + prospect to a contending team.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:55 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
This is just you speculating - do you actually have any link or any shred of credible proof to support your assertion that he's asking for upwards of 5m?

The fact is, we don't know what he's asking. We've heard he wants more than Connolly, but he loves Toronto and may take a hometown discount.

Considering the drop in talent after the first 10 or so picks in this draft combined with the already set values of Grossman and Hall Gill getting 2nds + ... You may think St Louis wouldn't sacrifice their 1st for playoff help - fine. But its silly to dismiss Grabo as not being worth a 1st + prospect to a contending team.
Him taking a hometown discount means absolutely nothing to the Blues. If it was Bishop and a 1st for Grabovski and a pick if he doesn't sign, I would be a lot more willing to do it.

Old
02-19-2012, 01:57 PM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Him taking a hometown discount means absolutely nothing to the Blues. If it was Bishop and a 1st for Grabovski and a pick if he doesn't sign, I would be a lot more willing to do it.

Either way, the starting point is there I think. How's Bishop doing anyway? Certainly seems enticing and has good AHL numbers.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Either way, the starting point is there I think. How's Bishop doing anyway? Certainly seems enticing and has good AHL numbers.
Definitely has starter poetential. He has had some pretty good NHL games, just is stuck behind Halak and Elliott.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:24 PM
SIDGENO8771

Grabovski for 2012 1st, 2012 2nd

then we put our two first, two seconds together for Yakupov/Grigorenko.

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:27 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Grabovski for 2012 1st, 2012 2nd

then we put our two first, two seconds together for Yakupov/Grigorenko.
So your a Leafs fan? Those picks won't get you into the top 2.

Old
02-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Oshie97

Grabovski will be a UFA and we already have good forward depth. With Steen coming back soon, we don't need to overpay.

Oshie97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Dolph Ziggler
IC Champion

Quote:

It might be to another contending team I guess sure. I just don't think it is to the Blues.

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour View Post
Take out the 3rd-round pick, and it's closer.
This.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:47 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Wish D'Agostini wasn't hurt so we could offer him, Bishop and a conditional pick (depending on Grabovski re-signing with St. Louis). D'Ags is in the deal because of the logjam of forward contracts and because he's on a cheap contract as a 2d/3d tweener. 1.5M this year and 1.8M next then RFA.

If Grabovski didn't re-sign then the pick can't be higher than a 2d.

Even after thinking about making the value correct I'm not sure it's quite the right strategy move for the Blues, particularly if a 1st is involved and they'd have to play natural center Berglund in a new position. Stewart isn't effective off of a scoring line and he sure isn't very effective on a scoring line on this big off-year he's having, and shifting Berglund to wing essentially ends Stewart's shot at a top scoring line. It might be ended anyway when Steen gets back as they'd go Steen-Backes-Oshie and McDonald-Berglund-Perron if he were back today.

As for worries about retaining Bishop, I'm sure the Blues would give any team permission to talk to his agent first to get a read on what he's thinking. He pretty much just wants an NHL chance and a one-way deal. He can't expect to make much if anything more than 600K but if he's in the league and getting a real shot then I don't think he'd annoy his acquiring team by making them bid even if he didn't get in his 17 games. Having a chance to give him a look down the stretch would allow the Leafs (or any team they'd trade him to) the chance to walk away if they didn't like what they saw.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post

One mocks an entire fanbase then makes a post like that about an "effective 3rd-line center"?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:52 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

How does Grabovski create offense? Maybe he could be a good center for Stewart. Arnott might not be able to hold up through the playoffs, so Grabovski will be allow Arnott to play less minutes, but be more effective in those minutes. Who knows, maybe if he likes it here and plays well, he would be willing to sign at a reasonable price.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
binop7

Quote:
How does Grabovski create offense? Maybe he could be a good center for Stewart. Arnott might not be able to hold up through the playoffs, so Grabovski will be allow Arnott to play less minutes, but be more effective in those minutes. Who knows, maybe if he likes it here and plays well, he would be willing to sign at a reasonable price.
Playmaking, end to end rushes, sweet passes, dangles, wicked wrister. He's streaky as hell though that's probably because Mac has been brutal and Kulie is trying his hardest, but can't buy goals this year.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 03:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Playmaking, end to end rushes, sweet passes, dangles, wicked wrister. He's streaky as hell though that's probably because Mac has been brutal and Kulie is trying his hardest, but can't buy goals this year.
I think he could potentially make a good partnership with Stewart. Stewart has been skating better recently. I'd be willing to take a chance on Grabovski helping Stewart, not sure about Army or the rest of our fan base though.

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Langenbrunner
Steen-Grabovski-Stewart
Sobotka-Arnott-Crombeen/Reaves

Maybe put D'Agostini in for Langenbrunner when he gets healthy. Pretty strong lineup IMO.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:04 PM
binop7

Quote:
I think he could potentially make a good partnership with Stewart. Stewart has been skating better recently. I'd be willing to take a chance on Grabovski helping Stewart, not sure about Army or the rest of our fan base though.

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Langenbrunner
Steen-Grabovski-Stewart
Sobotka-Arnott-Crombeen/Reaves

Maybe put D'Agostini in for Langenbrunner when he gets healthy. Pretty strong lineup IMO.
Imo Grabo needs top 6 minutes to be successful. Don't know if he would replace Berglund though. The one thing Grabo does is he always gives it his all. He won't always show up on the score sheet, but he's always trying to make something happen. It would suck to lose him, but he's not worth 5+ mil.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:09 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binop7 View Post
Imo Grabo needs top 6 minutes to be successful. Don't know if he would replace Berglund though. The one thing Grabo does is he always gives it his all. He won't always show up on the score sheet, but he's always trying to make something happen. It would suck to lose him, but he's not worth 5+ mil.
Well in that lineup pretty much everyone in the top 3 lines would get 15+ minutes depending on special teams. If Grabovski does give his all, I would love to have him on a line with Steen and Stewart because I think that would give Stewart the best chance to succeed.

All of those 3 lines are pretty balanced skill and talent wise, so I think Hitch would just end up playing whichever line or 2 is playing the best, so sometimes the "3rd" line might get #1 minutes, just depends on how they play. I know Hitch likes to conserve the minutes Backes plays because he plays in every situation. Having 3 scoring lines like that will just allow more options for Hitch.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Morlu

I'd do this trade as a Leaf fan for Bishop and the 1st

Morlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
dtkblueshockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney67 View Post
To

Mikhail Grabovski

To

Ben Bishop (UFA)
2012 1st Rd Pick
2013 3rd Rd Pick
Take out that 1st and it's a done deal.

dtkblueshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
CharlieKelly

From a Leafs perspective I would be interested in hearing how STL values Chris Stewart? He is someone I would be interesting in acquiring in a package for sure, granted it would be atypical for a team buying at the deadline to move roster players, but I don't think its out of the question seeing as he is not really the bonafide first liner many expected of him.

CharlieKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 04:21 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkblueshockey View Post
Take out that 1st and it's a done deal.
So, Grabovski for 2 3rds? Way undervalue.

Old
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieKelly View Post
From a Leafs perspective I would be interested in hearing how STL values Chris Stewart? He is someone I would be interesting in acquiring in a package for sure, granted it would be atypical for a team buying at the deadline to move roster players, but I don't think its out of the question seeing as he is not really the bonafide first liner many expected of him.
Stewart won't be traded for a rental, that simple.