HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ vs NYR:Feb 19, 2012

Old
02-19-2012, 10:00 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesmith View Post
We won't have to LET you do anything!

The Sharks have always struggled at Nationwide arena, regardless of their record. I don't see this game being any different, especially the way the Sharks have played lately.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post

The Sharks have always struggled at Nationwide arena, regardless of their record. I don't see this game being any different, especially the way the Sharks have played lately.
And the chirping between Boyle and Nash.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Clowe Me

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
And the chirping between Boyle and Nash.
I don't know if coach would let Boyle go if he wanted to. Douglas Murray just fractured his adams apple (holy crap), and Vlasic took a slapshot to the face today and didn't return. The last thing this team can afford right now is another injury to the D.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 11:50 PM
aDreamboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Maybe Nashers last snipe
I doubt it. I'll bet he snipes for whatever team he's on next (assuming he's moved).

aDreamboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:03 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhunrulyboy View Post
How do you go from a 6-1 slaughter yesterday to holding NYR 2-2 after 60 the next? There is no rhyme or reason for these guys!
Well Chicago has the talent to blow you out. The Rangers have had 3 wins that I can think of by more than 3 goals all season. They just don't blow teams out this season. Last season they had 3 or 4 blowouts by 6 goals, and barely finished 8th. This year we don't have one game where we blew out a team by 6 (biggest win was 6-1 against Florida), but we're first in the east by 9 points and are 3 points below the league lead with 3 with 3 games in hand. So I'll take it. I do wish they can win 8-0 one game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:38 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aDreamboat View Post
I doubt it. I'll bet he snipes for whatever team he's on next (assuming he's moved).
You know what I meant.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 12:49 AM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Thought this was hilarious.

https://twitter.com/#!/RockmanHalo/s...095168/photo/1

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:54 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2d View Post
NYR plays up to teams more skilled then we are. We also play down to the level of bad teams.

It's very very frustrating.

The 5 on 3... omg... you guys killed like a full minute of that without us getting a single shot off.
You know, I had a Chicago fan sitting next to me, and another in front of me in our game with the Hawks here on Saturday. They were telling me how frustrating it was watching some of the guys on their team, and how the Hawks were not as good as their record, and yada, yada, yada.

I will tell you the same thing that I told them. You are talking to fans of the 30th place team in the NHL. We really don't want to hear it, and don't expect us to sit here and have any sympathy for you what-so-ever.

If you want to whine and cry about your first place Eastern Conference team, please do it on your Rangers board, as we don't really see what the ****ing problem with your team is, having to put up with what we have here.

Thanks for stopping by.

As far as the game goes, all that worthless point did was draw us another point closer to Edmonton. Not good.

The Rangers fans can boo Nash all they want. We would have done the same thing if the situation were reversed. They trade for him, those boos will turn to cheers, just as they would here, given the same circumstances.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:08 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Like others have said, we were lucky to get this game to OT.
NYR dominated us for three full periods.
We were "one and done" all night in the O zone.
Obviously they were looking past this game.

The only bright spot was Mason who didn't play as bad as the other night.

To those wondering why Johansen has been benched, he was invisible last night.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Strong defense by Tyutin there. Just watching the play, then reacting after the puck was in the net.
Not his best game, but this came just after the CBJ killed the 5v3. Tyutin was on the ice for all of that, which amounted to 3:14. They cleared the zone when it was 5v5, but he couldn't get off. He probably just stood there because he was gassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
I don't know if coach would let Boyle go if he wanted to. Douglas Murray just fractured his adams apple
This makes my throat hurt just thinking about how an injury like this occurs.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:15 AM
CBJCougar

I said it in the Mase thread and I'll say it here. Mason worked his ass off last night and we went into OT with the Eastern Conference leader. We did not roll over and play dead. I, for one, will give my team credit for it! GOOD JOB!

CBJCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
Not his best game, but this came just after the CBJ killed the 5v3. Tyutin was on the ice for all of that, which amounted to 3:14. They cleared the zone when it was 5v5, but he couldn't get off. He probably just stood there because he was gassed.
Tyutin was on the ice forever and after the icing call Richards had to take a time-out. Not a good coaching here.

bizzz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 09:27 AM
bizzz*

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...D&gametype=1#A

This proves that Tyutin was on the ice for every second of penalty kill last night. Which is incredible.
Only for this crap Richards can't be a coach for the team. It was 3:42 between Dorsett penalty at and Anisimov goal. Tyutin was on the ice for all that time and coach didn't call a timeout?!!!

Last edited by bizzz*: 02-20-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old
02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...D&gametype=1#A

This proves that Tyutin was on the ice for every second of penalty kill last night. Which is incredible.
Only for this crap Richards can't be a coach for the team. It was 3:42 between Dorsett penalty at and Anisimov goal. Tyutin was on the ice for all that time and coach didn't call a timeout?!!!
If I recall correctly, there was no stoppage in play during that entire time, so there would have been no way for Richards to call a timeout. Even after the penalties were killed, the guys couldn't get the puck much past center ice, so as a result Tyutin was stuck out there for all that time.

Tyutin should get some credit for doing a good job with Pahlsson and Vermette of killing off the 5 on 3 and the subsequent 5 on 4, IMO. The fact that the Jackets couldn't even ice the puck after getting back to full strength is an indictment of the rest of the guys more than it was indictment of Toots or Richards.

Last edited by Matt Foley: 02-20-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:40 AM
JacketFanInFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
Tell me please Todd Richards, WTF is your obsession with Aaron Johnson? WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HIM?
Nail Yakupov.

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:49 AM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
If I recall correctly, there was no stoppage in play during that entire time, so there would have been no way for Richards to call a timeout. Even after the penalties were killed, the guys couldn't get the puck much past center ice, so as a result Tyutin was stuck out there for all that time.

Tyutin should get some credit for doing a good job with Pahlsson and Vermette of killing off the 5 on 3 and the subsequent 5 on 4, IMO. The fact that the Jackets couldn't even ice the puck after getting back to full strength is an indictment of the rest of the guys more than it was indictment of Toots or Richards.
I thought there was an icing call after they killed the penalties .

Old
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Yep, Tyuts was out there the whole time. I remember because I was shouting at my TV... "Gotta get Tyuts off the ice!!!!"

I like Tyutin, and it was above and beyond the call on his part. But how many Dmen can take a shift over 3 mins???

Even I could tell it was a recipe for disaster.

Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Matt Foley
Living in a van

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I thought there was an icing call after they killed the penalties .
I distinctly remember there being no stoppage in play. Having known that Tyutin was out there killing the 5 on 3, each time the puck left the zone I'd check to see if Tyutin got off the ice knowing that he'd been out there for awhile. Each time the zone was cleared, the Rangers got it back in our zone so fast there was no way for Toots to get off the ice. I remember saying to myself, "This isn't going to end well". Sure enough, it didn't.

I could be wrong, but if someone can check into that to confirm what happened, that would be great. If there was an icing during that time and Richards didn't call a TO, then I can agree with holding him accountable.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

I know he was -3 last night, but are you guys happy about the Zherdev trade? Zherdev had some good moments with us (my favorite was a game tying goal against the Pens in a game we won when I was at the game), but disappeared too much, especially in the playoffs. We really liked Toots. He used to be partnered with Girardi and there were always discussions going on, on our board who's better.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 01:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I know he was -3 last night, but are you guys happy about the Zherdev trade? Zherdev had some good moments with us (my favorite was a game tying goal against the Pens in a game we won when I was at the game), but disappeared too much, especially in the playoffs. We really liked Toots. He used to be partnered with Girardi and there were always discussions going on, on our board who's better.
Zherdev vs. Tyutin? Personally, I'm still ecstatic about that trade!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 03:20 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Zherdev vs. Tyutin? Personally, I'm still ecstatic about that trade!
One of the few trades that the Jackets 100% won.

02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I would redo that trade every day of the week and twice on Tuesday, and I say that as a big Z fan. Despite what his naysayers think Toots has consistently provided stability on our back end.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinNow View Post
I would redo that trade every day of the week and twice on Tuesday, and I say that as a big Z fan. Despite what his naysayers think Toots has consistently provided stability on our back end.
Agree, I was a big Z fan as well... Tyutin is a 3-4 defensman on most top ten teams but the guy plays every night and works... he was good with Klesla and he's good with Nikitin. Not the best defenseman in the league but if the Jackets ever want to win a playoff game they must keep some of their decent defensive players..

Defense does win in this league, and the game starts from the goal out..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:35 PM
CBJMark

Tyutin v. Z

We loved Zherdev"s stickhandling but always had a fit when Z either fell (faked himself out of his jock) or simply missed the twine. Still liked him. Tyutn is a very solid addition to CBJ, and I think we need to keep em.

CBJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:41 PM
CBJMark

yeah

[QUOTE=CBJMark;44520589]We loved Zherdev"s stickhandling but always had a fit when Z either fell (faked himself out of his jock) or simply missed the twine. Still liked him. Tyutn is a very solid addition to CBJ, and I think we need to keep em.[/QUOT
Yeah, like I typed it. TYUTIN, right? Ok duh.

CBJMark is offline   Reply With Quote