HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1083629

Old
02-19-2012, 03:53 PM
ccgg

Quote:
I would really like Jones from the oilers.

Edmonton:
3rd/4th round pick 2012
Yannick Weber

Montreal:
Ryan Jones

I feel like him and White would go great together. How is the trade value wise?
Edmonton has one of the best power play, they have several good young offensive d-men and they really need toughness... a lot more than Montréal. Not sure they like the proposal.

Old
02-19-2012, 03:59 PM
S Bah

Louis-Marc Aubry-Center-Grand Rapids Griffins)growing pains slow the development of lots of prospects and when the Red Wings draft players his size in the 3rd round.Usually they see something tangible in the player Offence with size ala Eric Daze maybe,just saying.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:24 PM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Edmonton has one of the best power play, they have several good young offensive d-men and they really need toughness... a lot more than Montréal. Not sure they like the proposal.
Edmonton's defensive group is so bad Weber might be their 3rd or 4th-best defenseman. God knows Barker isn't NHL-calibre, I think Weber's better than Sutton, and Whitney has been abysmal and on one leg because the Oilers' medical staff brought him back too early multiple times. They have some decent-to-middling defensive prospects but their NHL group is the worst in the league and Weber probably improves it.

The media in Edmonton seems pretty high on Jones (and the media is management's lapdog there) so I don't see him getting dealt. Omark might be a possibility or maybe even Paajarvi if you catch Tambellini on an especially incompetent day.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
Halifaxhab*

AK + Moen
for
Jurco + Louis-Marc Aubry + 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Louis-Marc Aubry-Center-Grand Rapids Griffins)growing pains slow the development of lots of prospects and when the Red Wings draft players his size in the 3rd round.Usually they see something tangible in the player Offence with size ala Eric Daze maybe,just saying.
exactly. Injuries kept him off the ice for half the season, also, it hampered his offseason workouts so it slowed his devellopment. But this kid has some two-way talent and grit....to go with the size. His motor never quits. He`d be an excellent 3rd line centre in Montreal....especially on face-offs. I remember watching him often and he rarely lost a face-off.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Yozzy

Would it ever be possible to get Duncan Keith?

Old
02-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Gionta
Leblanc/Tinordi/Beaulieu
+?

for Carter

I know Carter is'nt very popular right now but i think it would be a great time to get him as his value can only go higher. He's still a very talented young player with a low cap hit.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:45 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Gionta
Leblanc/Tinordi/Beaulieu
+?

for Carter

I know Carter is'nt very popular right now but i think it would be a great time to get him as his value can only go higher. He's still a very talented young player with a low cap hit.
Gionta has a NTC, forget about him waiving it to go to CBL.

Also, I think they realized they need to re-build so they wouldn't want a player like Gionta... and finally, Gionta doesn't have enough value to get a player like Carter.

Old
02-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Gionta has a NTC, forget about him waiving it to go to CBL.

Also, I think they realized they need to re-build so they wouldn't want a player like Gionta... and finally, Gionta doesn't have enough value to get a player like Carter.
I was more expecting them to be interested in the Leblanc/Tinordi/Beaulieu + in the trade. I've add Gionta so they could have a good forward to replace Carter for a couple of years, I'm not sure how long they think their rebuilding will take.

But yeah i completely forgot that Gionta have a NTC. I'd still like to get Carter tho

Old
02-19-2012, 07:26 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozzy View Post
Would it ever be possible to get Duncan Keith?
No. At least not anytime in the near future.

Old
02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
S Bah

Maybe the Habs could offer him a bar and get Mike Richards to join him Carter I mean.They seem to have that in common and poor social habits like bigotry,or maybe they just don't like young people that can outplay them.I think one reason Nash wants out is to play with players that want to win not drunken braggarts living on past exploits.I wonder if there is a trade brewing between Gauthier and Howson it's just so quiet and Nash could be the reason,another feather in Pierre's cap if he pulls that trade off too.Burke must be beside himself with grief missing the boat on Cole and Bourque,if you add Nash up the boat to a yacht.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-19-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old
02-20-2012, 01:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

What's the value like on:

To Anahiem
Andrei Kostitsyn

To Montreal
Peter Holland
Conditional 3rd rounder if Kostitsyn re-signs.

Peter Holland is a 6'3 200lbs scoring center who is currently in his first full year in the AHL. With contracts(gionta, gomez, kaberle, markov) ending in 2 years, he's a good prospect to have for the future and is near NHL ready.

Just talking value, not necessarily realism.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Ginu

I've said it before. Trade Plekanec to Washington to replace Backstrom. Ask for Kuznetsov back. They're desperate to have some playoff success and Pleks is worth a late 1st. That lack of center depth will ensure we fall into the top 3. Grab Galchunyek or Grigorenko and you have an amazing line. That's what you call a quick re-tool. You get better, younger and save cap space to go after free agents to complement this new core while focusing on size, toughness and speed.

Old
02-20-2012, 02:56 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roke View Post
Edmonton's defensive group is so bad Weber might be their 3rd or 4th-best defenseman. God knows Barker isn't NHL-calibre, I think Weber's better than Sutton, and Whitney has been abysmal and on one leg because the Oilers' medical staff brought him back too early multiple times. They have some decent-to-middling defensive prospects but their NHL group is the worst in the league and Weber probably improves it.

The media in Edmonton seems pretty high on Jones (and the media is management's lapdog there) so I don't see him getting dealt. Omark might be a possibility or maybe even Paajarvi if you catch Tambellini on an especially incompetent day.
The Oilers have so many prospects coming they won't trade off and why would they unless they were in the playoffs right now.Unless the Habs trade them a player that suits their team for next year and the future,Weber could be a stopgap for injuries but that's what Oaklahoma's team is for their farm team.After checking MPS's stats have to wonder what went wrong and can the Habs make things happen for the kid.Perhaps the Oilers may want to move him after the season ends unless he goes back to Europe to play.If I'm Gauthier he's worth looking into with his speed and shot on a line with Plekanec and Nash.Dream line with speed to burn big time or throw Gomez on a line with MPS and Nash huge speed and Gomez with Two Shooters.Just saying the Habs need another scoring line with size and those two have all the attributes necessary.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-20-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Old
02-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I've said it before. Trade Plekanec to Washington to replace Backstrom. Ask for Kuznetsov back. They're desperate to have some playoff success and Pleks is worth a late 1st. That lack of center depth will ensure we fall into the top 3. Grab Galchunyek or Grigorenko and you have an amazing line. That's what you call a quick re-tool. You get better, younger and save cap space to go after free agents to complement this new core while focusing on size, toughness and speed.
But what do we do next year?

We play Desharnais and Eller as our 1-2 centers? Not good enough if you ask me

Old
02-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But what do we do next year?

We play Desharnais and Eller as our 1-2 centers? Not good enough if you ask me

Not to mention his value would be more than just on prospect. We could ask for a top end prospect + 1st. and while moving Plekanec would guarantee a top 3 pick. It doesn't guarantee we get a top end centre in that draft.

Losing Plekanec if we are doing a retool is not a good solution. If we go into a full on rebuild, then it makes sense. But when was the last full on rebuild done in MTL?

Old
02-20-2012, 02:23 PM
jwolf

Quote:
I'd like the thinking behind this trade if we were willing to give up on next year as well. I, for one, am not. I believe we could be ready to contend in 2012-2013 provided Markov (or someone similar) is good to go AND PLekanec is there to insulate the other young centers.
It would, however, be a bold move to solidify the C position for years to come. I just don't see it happening.

Old
02-20-2012, 03:12 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I'd like the thinking behind this trade if we were willing to give up on next year as well.
I wouldn't mind giving up for next year as the draft class will produce many stars for years to come in the top 10, for example...

Nathan Mackinnon
Sean Monahan
Darnell Nurse
Max Domi
Morgan Klimchuk
Alex Forsberg
Jordan Subban
Curtis Lazar
Aleksander Barkov
Seth Jones
Connor Rankin
Hunter Shinkaruk

I wouldn't mind landing sone of them, especially Subban and Mackinnon

Old
02-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Who plays center over the next 3 years? Eller isn't ready to take over Plekanec's job. Anyone drafted this year is at least 2 to 3 years away from contributing (maybe Yakupov is ready earlier, he's better and older, but he's a winger).

Old
02-20-2012, 08:11 PM
S Bah

Quote:
While giving the Habs one of the most talented young player's rights,it in no way insures he will come over to play.With the Habs stating Moen isn't being traded there is no way in Hades they will trade Plekanec.Kuznetsov is a real showboater just like Ovechkin and if Ovie continues to play like he has since the Olympics,well he may find himself in the AHL.Yashin and many other very good players have come to the NHL saying it's their dream to play here.My thought is the Olympics are far more important to them than honoring the commitments made to owners for the millions their paid.The IIHF has in mind that they will gain the benefit of the income from the Olympic Hockey in Russia,while using the NHL and its players to draw huge revenues.Well they will be sadly disappointed if they think they can pressure the NHL into doing their bidding somewhat like the WHA was so many years ago.

Old
02-20-2012, 08:19 PM

Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Who plays center over the next 3 years? Eller isn't ready to take over Plekanec's job. Anyone drafted this year is at least 2 to 3 years away from contributing (maybe Yakupov is ready earlier, he's better and older, but he's a winger).
Trade #1:

AK + Moen + Budai + 2nd from Calgary to LA for Bernier + Penner (salary dump)

Trade #2:

Bernier + Kristo + Gionta + Nashville 2nd to Columbus for Nash + Mason + option to swap 1st round pick position

Other trades: Gomez for anything or bury him, Kaberle for 2nd to anyone

Old
02-20-2012, 09:10 PM
EmelinHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
Kaberle for 2nd to anyone
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:13 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kade View Post
Trade #1:

AK + Moen + Budai + 2nd from Calgary to LA for Bernier + Penner (salary dump)

Trade #2:

Bernier + Kristo + Gionta + Nashville 2nd to Columbus for Nash + Mason + option to swap 1st round pick position

Other trades: Gomez for anything or bury him, Kaberle for 2nd to anyone
You should visit the NHL .com and see what Columbus is asking for Nash,I think Howson believes he's trading Mario Lemieux in his prime or Gretzky after his 92 goal season.

Old
02-20-2012, 09:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing View Post
Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Is it unreasonable?

NJD are interested in a smaller, less talented and older zidlicky with similar pay and a year left on his contract. Kaberle has 2 years. It's possible.

Old
02-21-2012, 03:54 AM
S Bah

If the Habs draft Forsberg then maybe Gauthier might be interested in MPS and trade for him to play in Hamilton with Engqvist and Forsberg.That could be a great way to groom them for the NHL with all the young players next season,not rushing them and ruining their promising careers.

Closed Thread