HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 2.0

View Poll Results: Would you do the trade?
Do the deal 12 24.00%
Not interested 22 44.00%
Hold out for more 16 32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2012, 04:06 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1347
Thought I'd bring this up since we're playing Dallas tonight. Habs should try and get Alex Chiasson from the Stars. He seems to be progressing well and is a big right-winger. And despite being drafted by the Stars and playing for a Boston university, the kid is a huge habs fan.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=110877

Old
02-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
Thought I'd bring this up since we're playing Dallas tonight. Habs should try and get Alex Chiasson from the Stars. He seems to be progressing well and is a big forward. And despite being drafted by the Stars and playing for a Boston university, the kid is a huge habs fan.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=110877
Skating is an issue. Not a bad prospect...but not great either.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:12 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Skating is an issue. Not a bad prospect...but not great either.
I'd trade Kristo and a 3rd for him.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I'd trade Kristo and a 3rd for him.
I definitely wouldn't add a 3rd. I probably wouldn't trade Kristo for him even straight up, his game may not translate to the pros.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
Mrb1p

With all the depth we have down the middle...why draft another Centerman ....It buggles me.

We have one or two potable winger prospect (Gallagher and ..Kristo)
We have Patches who became a regular and young and Bourqe...Gionta/Cole/Moen will give us 2 years of good hockey and that's about it. We would've had AK but seem's that he's not good enough for our 3rd line

While down the middle we have Leblanc, Eller, Desharnais, Nattinen, White(Or w/e..)+ We have a fairly young Plekanec who should be good for 4 to 6 years...

What in the Puck is wrong with every Body??

So we should go in with a line up of X center we drafted in 2012 plekanec, Desharnais, Leblanc, Eller, White all down the middle

Come on People get serious.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:21 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I definitely wouldn't add a 3rd. I probably wouldn't trade Kristo for him even straight up, his game may not translate to the pros.
Numbers-wise Chiasson has been doing similar to better than Kristo. And given that we haven't signed Kristo yet, I'm concerned he has no intention of playing for Mtl.

Old
02-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Numbers-wise Chiasson has been doing similar to better than Kristo. And given that we haven't signed Kristo yet, I'm concerned he has no intention of playing for Mtl.
we can't sign Kristo until he is done or he'd be ineligible for NCAA.

Old
02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
NH57
Habs 4 Life

Montreal gets:
Tomas Jurco
Xavier Oulette

Detroit gets:
Kostitsyn
Bournival
Pick (3rd 2012 or 2nd 2013?)

Old
02-21-2012, 06:45 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
With all the depth we have down the middle...why draft another Centerman ....It buggles me.

We have Patches who became a regular and young and Bourqe...Gionta/Cole/Moen will give us 2 years of good hockey and that's about it. We would've had AK but seem's that he's not good enough for our 3rd line

While down the middle we have Leblanc, Eller, Desharnais, Nattinen, White(Or w/e..)+ We have a fairly young Plekanec who should be good for 4 to 6 years...

So we should go in with a line up of X center we drafted in 2012 plekanec, Desharnais, Leblanc, Eller, White all down the middle

Watch tonight's game without Plekanec in the lineup and learn.I was thinking the best possible teams for a trade for AK are probably Nashville with Sergei,Calgary with former linemate Cammalleri playing center or LA Kings where scoring wingers are scarce and all three have a 1st pick in the area of AK's worth.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-21-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old
02-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Halifaxhab

So.....another L. Are we sellers yet?

Old
02-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhabib View Post
Montreal gets:
Tomas Jurco
Xavier Oulette

Detroit gets:
Kostitsyn
Bournival
Pick (3rd 2012 or 2nd 2013?)

Old
02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
So.....another L. Are we sellers yet?
I think we were(see Gill trade) but this will accelerate the process.

With the price Detroit paid for Quincey we should move quick while there are few sellers and lots of buyers.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:08 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
ok... i can't believe im writing this but, here's a thought:

mike ****ing ribeiro is UFA at the end of next season, what do you think it would take to get him back here?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:18 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Gionta
Leblanc/Tinordi/Beaulieu
+?

for Carter

I know Carter is'nt very popular right now but i think it would be a great time to get him as his value can only go higher. He's still a very talented young player with a low cap hit.
I'm one of the guys on the boards who says go for it. It's true, his value will never be lower. Just not for Pleks or Eller thanks.

Carter, Pleks, Eller, and DD as fill in the next 4 years. Thank you very much.

Hab should take a chance, or piss their pants, as they say.

Just get Carter a hot Montreal wife to keep him home, and he'll be fine. I think it's a risk worth taking.

Imagine having a rangy 30 goal 30 A center, and having Pleks on line 2, where he'd dominate. While Eller destroys his third line counterparts. I like.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:24 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
What's the value like on:

To Anahiem
Andrei Kostitsyn

To Montreal
Peter Holland
Conditional 3rd rounder if Kostitsyn re-signs.

Peter Holland is a 6'3 200lbs scoring center who is currently in his first full year in the AHL. With contracts(gionta, gomez, kaberle, markov) ending in 2 years, he's a good prospect to have for the future and is near NHL ready.

Just talking value, not necessarily realism.
Why would Ducks do this? AK for a 6'3 200lbs scoring center prospect. Right.

They're not going for the cup this year, and have no need for AK to add the extra 5 PO goals to get there. No chance, sorry.

Please post real trade options guys?

Old
02-22-2012, 01:38 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I'd like the thinking behind this trade if we were willing to give up on next year as well. I, for one, am not. I believe we could be ready to contend in 2012-2013 provided Markov (or someone similar) is good to go AND PLekanec is there to insulate the other young centers.
It would, however, be a bold move to solidify the C position for years to come. I just don't see it happening.
Agreed. Let me say this again? We have a 3, maybe 4 year window with Price and Subby. That is all.

We need to re-tool now, be much better next year, and very good in 2013-14. This is possible.

In both 86 and 93 we had some very good rookies on D and at forward. We will have at least 2-3 very good rookies on D and at forward in 2013-14, and we need to keep Pleks, Price, Subby and Max to complete the equation.

Amazing as it might seem right now, I believe that this is not a five year rebuild, it's a 4 year cup window.

Old
02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
ok... i can't believe im writing this but, here's a thought:

mike ****ing ribeiro is UFA at the end of next season, what do you think it would take to get him back here?
I'd rather keep Desharnais. Ribeiro would probably ask 6m+ anyways.

Old
02-22-2012, 03:01 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I'm one of the guys on the boards who says go for it. It's true, his value will never be lower. Just not for Pleks or Eller thanks.

Carter, Pleks, Eller, and DD as fill in the next 4 years. Thank you very much.

Hab should take a chance, or piss their pants, as they say.

Just get Carter a hot Montreal wife to keep him home, and he'll be fine. I think it's a risk worth taking.

Imagine having a rangy 30 goal 30 A center, and having Pleks on line 2, where he'd dominate. While Eller destroys his third line counterparts. I like.
im fine with getting carter, as long as DD is on his wing to feed the hog

Old
02-22-2012, 04:16 AM
Original Blue
Anaheim Ducks GM

Hi everyone, I come in peace...

I just wanted to gauge the expected return you all thought would be necessary in order to involve Pacioretty in a trade. A few members on our boards had raised the idea, and though as far fetched as the idea may seem, I thought it could be interesting considering how much defensive depth we have and might be willing to trade. I actually got to see him play a few times while he was in high school and it really was apparent even in his freshman year how special of a player he could become.

Old
02-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Blue View Post

I just wanted to gauge the expected return you all thought would be necessary in order to involve Pacioretty in a trade. A few members on our boards had raised the idea, and though as far fetched as the idea may seem, I thought it could be interesting considering how much defensive depth we have and might be willing to trade. I actually got to see him play a few times while he was in high school and it really was apparent even in his freshman year how special of a player he could become.

It would require massive overpayment. He's our leading scorer and first PF we've developed since John LeClair. Don't bring in him up in trade proposals because it'll just descend into a mess. He wont be moved barring an overpayment.

He won't be on the Market, but any conversation with NYR would likely start with McD AND AA. Which NYR would obviously never do. Its really a non-starter.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Considering we are deep in young D prospects, and need big, young, power forwards like Patches, its almost a complete non-starter unless you are going to massively overpay. Considering this is Patches first full season in the NHL and he's about to score 30 goals, I'd say your board should really quit dreaming, as the price will be astronomical. He's as close to an untouchable as they come.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:57 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post

Leblanc and White are most likely wingers and not centres at the NHL level, their game just translates better at the wing at this level.

Also none of those players are, or project to be, elite offensive guys, and we really lack that at the centre position, and its the hardest thing to find right now. Teams don't let their top line centres go.

Old
02-22-2012, 06:39 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

the only way i see him leaving is as part of a package to bring us that elusive top center, our white whale...

value wise it's like saying 'what do you want for callahan?'. obviously a bit less since he's the captain and all, but that should give you an idea of what kind of value would be asked back.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Nope. Looks like another soft euro. Dont want keep the pick.
Omark is small, but not soft, at least not by my definition. He is good at protecting the puck, tenacious in puck pursuit, doesn't shy away from contact, and goes to the net.

Old
02-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:

holy crap!

DUCK!!!!!

Closed Thread